Periodontitis is a general condition characterized by some symptoms like red or swollen gums, bleeding gums, loose teeth and receding gums. Factors like hormonal changes, smoking, poor nutrition, genetic predisposition, stress, diabetes, certain medications contribute to this problem. Many more effective treatments can be used to lessen symptoms, treat periodontitis disease. Do you want to know which way will help you treat of periodontitis disease at home? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 effective but simple ways on how to treat periodontitis disease at home. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Simple Ways On How To Treat Periodontitis Disease At Home
As you see, hydrogen peroxide acts as a strong antibacterial property that fights periodontitis disease and kills germs. In addition, it helps brighten and whiten your pearly whites. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and water in equal parts. Wash your mouth with this solution for some seconds and lastly, spit it out. It is suggested to follow it a few times per week until the condition is improved
- Another choice is to mix few hydrogen peroxide into baking soda (one teaspoon) to create a paste. Next to place this paste on your toothbrush and then brush it on the gums and gum line gently. Lastly, spit it out and wash your mouth. You should use it several times a week for some weeks.
- Alternatively, you can also rub a paste of hydrogen peroxide and clove oil. Allow it on for about some seconds and then spit it out. You can repeat as needed.
However, it is worth noting that you absolutely do not swallow it as it might be harmful for your health.
Aloe vera is also considered as one of the best ways on how to treat periodontitis disease at home due to its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Especially, being an antimicrobial, aloe vera also helps kill the bacteria that cause periodontitis disease. In addition, it heals mouth ulcers as well as fights bad breath. What you need to do:
- Using fresh aloe vera gel to massage your gums. Allow it on for at least 30 minutes and then wash it off. You can repeat a few times per day.
- Another choice is to swish a little aloe vera juice around in the mouth some times and then spit it out.
- Alternatively, you can also consume about aloe vera juice (two teaspoons) on a regular basis.
It is recommended to repeat any of these treatments every day for several weeks.
Learn more: Positive and side advantages of aloe vera juice on the human body
Cranberry juice is also one of the excellent and simple ways on how to treat periodontitis disease thanks to its powerful vitamin C content. What you need to do:
- Simply, you can drink about cranberry juice (two tablespoons or four ounces) every day in order help get rid of bacteria from sticking to the teeth.
- Alternatively, you can also eat more vitamin C-rich vegetables and fruits such as lemons, grapefruits, oranges, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, papaya, broccoli and red pepper.
Read on: The book for diet
Oil pulling is also one of the other excellent ways on how to treat periodontitis disease at home. Especially, it helps reduces plaque, strengthen the gums and teeth and relieves bad breath as well. In addition, it is very good for overall health. What you need to do:
- Swish sesame oil (one tablespoon) around in the mouth and through the teeth.
- Do this for at least 10 minutes.
- Spit it out and then wash your mouth with water.
It is suggested to follow this process every day for about a month. For optimal results, you should use coconut oil for oil pulling.
Note: Do not swallow or gargle the oil.
Myrrh is effective for treating periodontitis disease as well as keeping proper oral hygiene because it contains antibacterial antiseptic and astringent properties. What you need to do:
- Put myrrh tincture (10 drops) in warm water (a cup) and then use it as a mouth rinse. Or, you can also add the tincture (a few drops) to a salt water rinse. You had better follow once or twice per day for a few days.
- Alternatively, you can mix myrrh and Echinacea tinctures in equal amounts. Use it as a mouth rinse. It is recommended to follow daily for some days until you are satisfied with the results.
As you see, tea tree oil has a lot of health benefits. Especially, tea tree oil can help soothe inflamed and irritated gums due to its anti-inflammatory properties. To use it for treating periodontitis disease, you can put tea tree oil (a few drops) on your toothpaste. Another simple choice is to buy toothpaste containing tea tree oil in it. Afterwards, you brush your teeth about two times per day. It is suggested to use it for a few weeks.
Note: It is not recommended to swallow tea tree oil.
Learn more: Ways to use tea tree oil correctly and safely
Natural sea salt has minerals that help ease pain, reduce inflammation and draw out any infection as well. For positive results, you should use it as follows.
- Mix sea salt (a small amount) in warm water (a cup) until it dissolves completely.
- Next to apply it as a mouth rinse, and swish it around in the mouth for some seconds.
You had better follow this remedy about three times per day until your symptoms is gone.
Tea has tannic acid that will help reduce inflammation as well as pain. Plus, it contains antioxidants that also help fight infections. What you need to do:
- Soak a tea bag in hot water for about ten minutes and then let it to cool.
- Place this tea bag on the troubled area for about three to five minutes.
It is suggested to follow a few times daily until you get relief.
Coconut oil is a great way for treating periodontitis disease due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Combining coconut oil with baking soda will help control the acids in your mouth. What you need to do:
- Mix coconut oil (two tablespoons) and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Use this mixture in place of your toothpaste about once or twice per week on a regular basis.
Chamomile tea helps ease inflammation and pain as well associated with periodontitis disease owning to its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Add chamomile flowers (two to three teaspoons) to hot water (one cup).
- Allow it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and then let it to cool down.
You should use the chamomile tea as a mouth rinse some times daily until you notice improvement.
To get more information related to effective way for health problems, go to our main How To page. Try these effective and simple ways right away and be relieved of periodontitis disease. In addition to above remedies, you should keep adequate oral hygiene, including flossing, daily brushing and using a mouth rinse to decrease plaque buildup on the teeth. Plus, get regular dental check-ups. After studying the writing of top 10 simple ways on how to treat periodontitis disease at home, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to treat periodontitis disease fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any way. If you have any question or comment, simply leave them below, we will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles about periodontitis problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Health and nutritional benefits of shrimp – 7 advantages
- 10 Signs And Symptoms Of Vitamin B12 Deficiency In Adults
- 15 Natural Home Remedies For Lactose Intolerance Pain
- 5 Common early symptoms of astigmatism
- 10 best natural home remedies for obesity you should know
- 10 tips on how to cure ingrown hair infection at home
- 27 advanced mind power techniques hat boost your brain power
- 10 natural home remedies for COPD disease