Phlegm is a condition that your mammals or mucous membranes hid out a liquid. The respiratory system produces mucus, especially from nasal passages. This condition usually occurs in children, babies, infants when they have cough. This condition also depends on immune system, genetics, and climate. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 tips on how to treat phlegm in chest, lungs, and other parts of the body. Keep reading the writing and learn useful remedies that you can do at home.
8 Tips On How To Treat Phlegm In Chest, Lungs You Might Want To Find Out
Phlegm usually includes mucus with inflammatory cells, debris, and bacteria and normal cough can expectorate and makes sputum. Here are top 8 tips on how to treat phlegm you should not ignore, especially when the climate is changing.
Keep reading it and learn those useful treatments.
Steaming is one of the simplest tips on how to treat phlegm naturally at home that can eliminate phlegm effectively. When you inhale steam, it will keep phlegm so it is easier to get rid of the liquid from the system. This is the method to steam phlegm at home:
- You should steam a shower twice each day. How to do that? You just full the heat and stay in the bathroom for 10 minutes to get down mucus. Make sure that you moisturize your body after steaming with natural essential oils.
- Another option to steam is to add boiling water in a bowl, cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam for 10 minutes. This remedy will get rid of phlegm quickly and naturally.
Learn more: Nasal Polyps Solutions
Salt water is useful ingredient for healing phlegm. This ingredient will soothe your irritated throat that can damage your bacteria and infection as well as get rid of phlegm production. Now you can prepare a cup of warm water and add some teaspoons of salt in it. Gargle the liquid and you can do this treatment several times per day to get the best result. Salt water is available in your house and you can apply this method whenever you get phlegm or nasal problem.
Another helpful ingredient to reduce phlegm and mucus is lemon. It is good in vitamin C and can kill bacteria successfully. Simply, you can:
- Combine a cup of hot water, some honey and lemon juice. Stir completely and drink it several times per day. By the way, you can get rid of phlegm and soothe your throat shortly.
- Alternatively, you can mix pepper, salt, cut lemon and suck it on lemon slices. This remedy will get rid of phlegm out of throat and it will throw out phlegm from throat. You can repeat this remedy 2-3 times each day.
Ginger is a good decongestant and it will fight infections or sore throat for every day. Additionally, ginger contains expectorant, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. This ingredient can help you breathe easily. How to treat phlegm effectively in chest, lung, and throat? You should follow detailed instructions as below:
- Combine a glass of boiled water and some slices of fresh gingers. Steep it in some minutes and you can add some honey to drink several times during the day.
- Another option is to chew ginger directly or use ginger in daily meals.
Turmeric includes antiseptic property that can fight phlegm and kill bacteria; mucus and it also can improve immune system very well. As the result, it is worth adding into list of techniques on how to treat phlegm. The way to use turmeric in treating the problem is:
- Combine a cup of hot milk and a teaspoon of turmeric, and then drink it in every morning and a time before going to sleep.
- Mix a cup of water and ½ teaspoon of turmeric and drink it 2-3 times per day.
- You also can mix a cup of hot water, some salt and a tablespoon of turmeric. You can gargle the liquid several times each day to get the best benefits.
Cayenne pepper will satisfy you when it can release your mucus in throat and nasal passages. Cayenne pepper is warm and it can stimulate pain reduction in lungs, chest, and soothe irritated throat. The method is:
- Combine some tablespoons of water, apple cider vinegar, honey, ginger, and cayenne pepper together.
- Drink the mixture 2-3 times each day to eliminate production of phlegm.
Honey includes antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that can eliminate phlegm, soothe irritated throat. In addition, honey is great in antiseptic property that can fight infections and speed up immune system. How to use honey for healing phlegm?
- Mix a tablespoon of honey, some pinch of black or white pepper powder and use it twice per week.
- Alternatively, you can drink the mixture of warm water and honey every day to get its benefits and advantages.
Soup is delicious and it is proper to everyone, especially chicken soup. This is one of the best tips on how to treat phlegm because it can moisturize your airways and thin the phlegm. This recipe can soothe irritated throat and help you relax as well as feel fresh. Whenever getting phlegm or sore throat, you can eat chicken soup 2-3 times each day. You can add garlic, ginger or some spices to increase benefits. You totally can mix chicken with other ingredients to get healthy soup receipes for you and your family.
Related articles on phlegm:
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 8 natural tips on how to treat phlegm , I hope that you have got some useful ways to treat the problem in lungs, chest, and throat naturally and permanently. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Natural home remedies for knee pain: exercises, herbs, & more
- Beer brewing made easy review – is this guide useful?
- How to overcome shame, guilt and regret – top 19 tips revealed
- 22 Delicious diabetic-friendly recipes – easy recipes
- Paleo diet smoothies review – can this cookbook help you?
- 10 Home Canning Recipes For Winter Storage
- What are the symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder?
- How to prevent constipation in infants, toddlers and adults