Red eyes are common disease among people as everyone has experienced this ailment at least once in their life. There are a lot of elements causing the red, irritated and bloodshot eyes. Those elements can affect the blood vessels on the sclerotic. Whatever the causes of red eyes are, it can bring the pain and discomfort. Fortunately, there are a lot of home remedies on how to treat red eyes at home without eye drops.
How To Treat Red Eyes At Home Without Eye Drops – Effective Home Remedies Forever
If you see any pink or wiggly red lines lie across the white surface of the eyes which are called sclerotic, it is the signal for you to know that you are suffering from red eyes. There are a lot of causes for red eyes, including corneal ulcer, smoking, ocular herpes, flu and eye lenses as well as pregnancy and lack of sleep. Sleep deprivation also results in floated eyes; however, it is the different problem of eyes. Depending on the reasons for red eyes, you have researches to find out what are the best treatments for this situation. Therefore, in vkool.com I would like to introduce some effective home remedies on how to treat red eyes. I guarantee that these home remedies are helpful, easy to use and affordable.
7. Witch Hazel
8. Castor Oil
11. Fenugreek Seeds
12. Bilberry Extract
14. Raspberry Leaves
15. Balanced Diet
16. Cucumber Slices
18. Rose Water
20. Tea Bag
21. Chilled Spoon
23. Baking Soda
Fennel seeds are a powerhouse of vitamin C and A, which are known antioxidants contributing to eye health. Researchers at the DIPSAR (Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research) have found that fennel can help decrease eye pressure and enhance the blood vessels’ dilation, thus helping treat or prevent glaucoma, one vision-impairing disease. These seeds contains antioxidants that also fight inflammation and thereby very effective to treat red eyes. So, how to get rid of red eyes with fennel seeds? Follow the steps below:
- ½ tsp of fennel seeds
- 1 cup of water
- First of all, add ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds into a cup of water.
- Boil the water and let it cool down. Then, strain the solution.
- After that, rinse your eyes by using this solution.
- To cure red eyes, repeat the way regularly.
Chamomile is one strong anti-inflammatory agent. In addition, the severity of the redness and the swelling of your eyes will be minimized.
- 1 tsp of chamomile flowers
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, add 1 teaspoon of chamomile flowers into a cup of water and later boil it.
- Thereafter, strain the solution and let it cool down.
- Using this solution, wash your eyes to get cure from red eyes allergies.
Basically, raw milk has folic acid, several vitamins, myristoleic acid and good bacteria, all of which are good for treating red eyes. Here’s the detailed recipe that indicates you on how to treat red eyes with raw milk:
- 1 cup of raw cold milk
- 1 cotton ball
- You simply immerse 1 cotton ball in 1 cup of milk.
- Massage your eyes gently with that cotton ball for about 20 minutes.
- The process should be followed regularly to treat red eyes.
Salt comprises of anti-inflammatory effects helping to eliminate redness of the eyes. Follow the instruction below:
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 cup of water
- Boil 1 cup of water at first and add the salt in the water. Then, mix thoroughly.
- Now, with this mixture rinse your eyes many times in one day.
- In order to cure red eyes, follow the process within 4 days.
Goldenseal herb is a great solution for your issue as you’re concerned about how to treat red eyes. The strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects in goldenseal make it an excellent red eye remedy. Read the steps below on how to treat red eyes with goldenseal.
- 2 tsp of goldenseal herb
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 1 washcloth
- Firstly, add goldenseal herb (2 teaspoons) to boiled water (1 cup) and mix well.
- Later take the washcloth and soak it in the mixture
- Presently, press the washcloth on the eyes gently for around 20 minutes.
- It’s recommended to follow this remedy regularly to help reduce red eye symptoms.
Elderberry blossom tea is one strong antioxidant while honey helps to fight inflammation and bacteria. Aloe vera comes with powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects, which reduce your discomfort. Immediately try this method and notice the results for yourself!
- 3 tbsp of aloe vera gel
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ½ cup of elderberry blossom tea
- First of all, mix the honey, aloe vera gel and elderberry blossom tea together.
- After that, wash your eyes by using the mixture twice daily.
- The process should be repeated for about three days to cure constant red eyes.
Witch hazel has been used cure eye infection since aged times. When you have it, you do not have to worry about the problem of how to treat red eyes. Due to its astringent, witch hazel helps you to reduce the redness and swelling of eyes. Read the method below on how to treat red eyes with witch hazel:
- 1 cup of witch hazel extract
- 1 cotton ball
- Take witch hazel extract (1 cup) and immerse the cotton ball in the extract.
- Presently, press the cotton ball gradually on your eyes for around 15 minutes.
- Follow this treatment regularly to remove red eyes totally.
Castor oil combats against both inflammation and micro-organisms. All you need to do is use foamy water to wash a dropper and wash well. Next, take some castor oil and suck immaculate it into that clean dropper. Then, in each one eye add a drop of the oil. Repeat this four times a day to reduce the redness and soothe the eyes as well.
Perhaps, this is one of the easiest and simplest remedies for treating red eyes at home.
- 1 bowl of frozen vegetables
- 1 thin towel
- The initial step is to enclose a bowl of frozen vegetables in a thin towel.
- Presently, press the towel gently on the affected eyes for about fifteen minutes.
- The process should be rehashed regularly to cure tired red eyes.
This remedy brings the healing agents of honey and milk together so it’s a very reliable treatment for red eyes. Milk includes folic acid, many vitamins as well as good bacteria while honey is one strong powerful antibacterial property. Read on to know more how to treat red eye use with this amazing remedy.
Method 1: Milk and honey compress
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of warm milk
- 1 clean cloth
- Mix the warm milk and honey together well.
- Then, dip the clean cloth in the mixture.
- Presently, press the cloth gently on both the eyes for about 20 minutes.
- Follow this cure regularly to deal with red eyes fast.
Method 2: Milk And Honey Drops
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of warm milk
- Mix the two elements together thoroughly.
- Later suck few drops of this mixture into a dropper.
- After that, put three drops each in both your eyes for many times every day.
- To cure constant red eyes, follow this process regularly.
Fenugreek seeds are an antiseptic that successfully deal with inflammation. Read the recipe below on how to get rid of red eyes with this awesome remedy:
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of fenugreek seeds
- Firstly, soak the fenugreek seeds for around 7 hours.
- Then, grind these seeds until you attain a fine paste. Take this paste and spread it on the closed eyes.
- Wash off the paste by using clean water after 20 minutes.
- Regular following this remedy will cure red eyes effectively.
Bilberry also effectively resolves the issue of how to treat red eyes as it has strong antioxidants and anthocyanosides.
- ¼ cup of bilberry extract
- 1 dropper
- Take bilberry extract (¼ cup) and suck some extract into a dropper.
- Then, put 3 drops gradually in each eye by using the drops.
- Follow this daily and you will remove dry red eyes.
Both black pepper and honey contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Hence, this is a great treatment for red eyes at home. Black pepper is also full of vitamins, iron, potassium and, manganese, etc. Keep on reading to know how to treat red eyes with this excellent solution.
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Take 1 teaspoon each of black pepper and honey. Later mix them together.
- After this, put this solution on both your eyes. Do this regularly to cure dry red eyes.
Raspberry comes with many chemicals such as malic acid, tartaric acid and citric acid. Raspberry has astringent and antiseptic effects due to these chemicals. Now, see how to treat red eyes using raspberry leaves.
- 1 cup of raspberry leaves
- 1 glass of water
- 1 clean cloth
- Firstly, take raspberry leaves (1 cup) and water (1 glass). Later add these leaves into the water.
- Now, boil it for around ten minutes. Strain the mixture and allow it to cool down.
- Take a clean cloth and immerse it into the solution. Gradually press the cloth on the eyes for about fifteen minutes.
- Follow this remedy for three days to combat red eyes.
You should have a balanced and healthy diet that is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Plus, you also include vitamin b6, vitamin b2 found in eggs, dairy products, fresh vegetables, whole cereals, tuna fish, turkey, sunflower seeds, asparagus, and yogurt, etc. Moreover, you also add vitamin C, E, lutein, zinc and zeaxanthin in your diet and they are found in broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries, cabbage, cantaloupe, oranges, spinach, and celery. You should take about thirty mg of each vitamin twice or thrice per day for keeping a healthy equilibrium and to combat deficiency causing red eyes.
This is one of the best home remedies on how to treat red eyes I would like to share with you. Cucumber is also used to cure floated eyes, irritation and inflammation. Cut the cucumber into two small thin slices and apply them on your eyelids for about 10 minutes. The cucumber will make your eyes relaxed and soothed. You just need to close your eyes and relax, which can help to reduce the redness. The better result can be achieved if you store the cucumber in the refrigerator in order to make it cool.
This method on how to treat red eyes is very effective because cold water can help to relieve swelling and irritation. This problem happens when your body contacts with the allergies, hence releasing histamines. So, in order to bring the soothing effects for the swollen eyes, squash a little cold water on your face and take a towel which is wrapped with ice cubes to put on your eyelids.
Rose water possesses the anti-bacterial and antiseptic agents that come handy in many ways. It helps you protects from the pollutants, redness, dust, inflammation of eye as well as harmful ingredients of beauty products and make up. Use a cotton pad or cotton ball which is soaked in rose water. Place it on your eyelids. If you store it in refrigerator, it can help you with double duty. Another treatment with rose water is soaking the cucumber in the rose water and applying this natural remedy on your eyes.
Potato can work as an astringent which can help you to reduce the soreness when you apply the potato on the eyelids. Of course, you need to grate a potato first. Leave this treatment on how to treat red eyes for about 15 minutes before removing it with warm water. Doing it for three nights, then you can notice the difference in your eyes. The pink and wiggly red lines will gradually disappear.
Tea has the necessary tannins and bioflavonoids which play the role in reducing inflammation and soreness. Therefore, putting the tea bag on your closed eyes is considered as the effective way on how to treat red eyes at home. The treatment works better if you steep the tea bag in hot water instead of cold water. The reason may be that cold water can boost the tannin’s effect. After steeping them in hot water, let them to cool down by storing in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes and then apply them on your eyes.
It is helpful but not many people know that tip on how to treat red eyes without eye drops. Firstly, you place the spoon in the ice water glass and then put them on eyes. Wait until the spoon becomes warm. Switch them to another spoon. The cool temperature will boost the blood flow and decrease the redness and puffiness.
Apple cider vinegar is the effective ingredient which can protect you from bacterial infections. Apple cider vinegar contains malic corrosive, which serves to battle bacterial infections. The treatment is simple. All you need is to add a table spoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water. Then dip the cotton ball in this water and apply this on your eyes.
Baking soda possesses the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which reduce the discomfort soon. For way on how to treat red eyes, you need to mix ¼ table spoon of baking soda with ½ cup of water to make a solution which can have a soothing effect for your eyes.
Preventing is better than treating. Therefore, you need to limit the harmful elements which cause red eyes. It is necessary to put preventing in the first place. Firstly, as we all know that electronic screen is bad for your eyes, it is needed to limit the screen time. You should take the mini-break and get out of your computer, your television to take a walk or drink a glass of water. Your eyes can easily get tired or dry after spending too much time on screen. Secondly, it is said that smoking is the trigger of eye redness; therefore, you should avoid smoking. Thirdly, alcohol is the third common cause of irritation and soreness because drinking too much alcohol can dehydrate your body. So, if you cannot avoid alcohol, you should take enough water in order to keep the controlled hydration level. Moreover, the healthy diet, good sleep and enough water consumption are the ways on how to prevent red eyes.
These are some ways on how to treat red eyes without eye drops at home. I hope that you can find these tips are helpful for you. Finally, if you have any question to ask me, please feel free to leave your comments bellow. I will answer as soon as I can.