Sebaceous cysts can be noticed as bumps underneath skin commonly in round shape with many different sizes. These sebaceous cysts are smooth when they are touched. They can be usually seen on the scalp, back, face, upper arm, and ears but they can also occur anywhere on the body barring your palms and your soles. In men, sebaceous cysts can be generally noticed on chest and scrotum, the areas where there is more hair. Some of the causes of sebaceous cyst include swollen hair follicles, the overproduction of testosterone hormone, and blocked sebaceous glands. Sebaceous cysts are generally non-cancerous growths and normally you don’t need to heal them. You can only want to remove the sebaceous cyst when they continue to develop and reach a bigger size that is uncomfortable for you or if you think they are really unsightly. Sometimes it becomes very necessary to get them treated if these cysts become infected and painful.
In this writing, VKool.com will introduce to you the best ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts naturally at home without any side effect. This article listed the best treatments to treat this problem from reliable sources. However, it is only for the informational target and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to understand more!
Top 12 Ways On How To Treat Sebaceous Cysts Naturally At Home
1. Warm Compress
Moist heat applied onto sebaceous cysts will speed up the draining process as well as the healing process. Heat can dilate your blood vessels and improve transportation of nutrients to your affected skin area so that your damaged skin will be healed more quickly. In addition, it can also help to improve blood circulation in this area. When the increased blood flows, it will drain out any toxins that can cause the inflammation.
- Warm water
- A clean towel
- Firstly, you soak the clean towel in warm water.
- Then, you take it out and you wring it out to remove the excess water.
- After that, you apply this warm towel onto your cysts for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- You should repeat this simple process for about 2 to 4 times per day.
Read more: The book of Ovarian Cyst Miracle
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil can counter inflammation and itching effectively. This oil contains a chemical called ricin which has antibacterial properties. Therefore, it is one of the effective ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts you should try.
- A few drops of castor oil
- A clean cloth
- Hot compress
- Firstly, you get a clean cloth and soak it into the castor oil.
- After that, you place it onto your cysts.
- Then, you place a hot compress on the top of the cloth.
- Now, you keep it on there for a few minutes, the maximum for about 30 minutes.
Or you can also rub a little castor oil gently onto your cysts for a few times per day.
3. Tea Tree Oil
When you suffer from the overproduction of sebum, you can be clogged pores which will give rise to get cystic acne. These severe cystic acne breakouts can be infected to form cysts. In fact, tea tree oil can help to reduce the occurrence of these cysts. Tea tree oil contains an anti-microbial agent, excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. Therefore, you should not skip it if you are finding how to treat sebaceous cysts.
- 1 to 2 drops of tea tree oil
- An adhesive tape
- At first, you apply tea tree oil onto your infected cyst.
- Then, you cover the cyst with the adhesive tape.
- Now, you leave it on there for about 8 to 10 hours.
- After that, you remove the adhesive tape.
- Remember that you do not go to bed with it at night.
- In the next morning, you apply the oil again onto these areas.
4. Aloe Vera Gel
In addition to a skin-friendly herb, aloe vera is also a herb which is great for your overall health. It is used as an effective way on how to treat sebaceous cysts thanks to its pain relieving and antibacterial properties along with many phenolic compounds. Moreover, aloe vera is known for the ability to speed up the wound-healing process.
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- Firstly, you take aloe vera gel.
- Then, you apply it directly onto your cyst.
- Now, you gently rub it into the area so that it can penetrate deep into the cyst.
- You should do this way for about 1 to 2 times per day.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains strong anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antibacterial properties. In fact, it becomes a useful way on how to treat sebaceous cysts due to its antimicrobial qualities which are considered as a cleansing agent. In this case, it can also cleanse the infected cyst area off bacteria.
- A few drops of apple cider vinegar
- A cotton ball
- Firstly, you soak the cotton ball into the apple cider vinegar.
- Then, you apply it to your cyst.
- Now, you keep it on there for some time and then remove it.
- If you have stinging sensation or your skin is sensitive, you should dilute this vinegar with a little water and then apply it on your cyst.
- You should do this way for about 3 to 4 times per day.
6. Witch Hazel
The witch hazel extract is an excellent astringent. Both the leaves and the barks of witch hazel are very rich in tannins. Tannins are a good remedy for excessive oil that is produced glands. They can tighten the pores of the skin and have the secretion of oil, which will help you to do not get acne and cysts.
- 1 to 2 drops of witch hazel
- Firstly, you apply witch hazel onto your cyst.
- Then, you rub it gently so that it can go deep down into your skin.
- You should repeat this way daily.
There are a lot of other easy ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts naturally and fast at home presented in the next part of this writing, so continue reading it if you want to discover more!
7. Burdock, Water, And Honey
Burdock herb contains anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. It has been used for chronic skin diseases. It is one of other effective ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts. In addition, herbalists use this herb not only for common breakouts but also for severe skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, boils. Burdock root is extensively used in China and Japan for both alternative medicine and in dishes. You can also use it in salads, soups or make a tea with burdock root.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh burdock root (chopped)
- Or 1 tablespoon of dried burdock root
- 3 cups of water
- Honey (optional)
- At first, you place the herb into a pot.
- Then, you pour water to this pot.
- Now, you boil the water along with this herb.
- After that, you lower the heat and allow it to simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Next, you put off the heat and allow it to steep for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you add a little honey into this tea and have it.
- You should drink it for one time per day or divide it into 2 to 3 servings and have it throughout the day. Remember that you have to warm it up before consuming.
Or, you can also soak a clean cloth or cotton ball into the warm burdock tea and then use it as a warm compress.
8. Goldenseal, Olive Oil, And Beeswax
Goldenseal contains a component called berberine that makes it have an effective anti-microbial agent. In fact, berberine has the ability to inhibit or kill many microorganisms such as fungi, bacteria, and protozoa. This is why herbalists use this herb as a topical antibiotic for wounds on the skin. Moreover, it is also used for treating viral mouth sores or fungal infections such as athlete’s foot. You should not skip this way if you really want to know how to treat sebaceous cysts.
- ½ to 1 cup of dried goldenseal herb
- A little olive oil
- 4 to 6 teaspoons of beeswax
- Firstly, you place this herb into a crock pot.
- Then, you pour olive oil into this pot to cover this herb.
- Now, you heat them over a low heat for about 3 to 5 hours.
- Then, you allow the oil to cool down for a few minutes.
- After that, you strain it by using a strainer lined with the cheesecloth.
- Now, you add beeswax into it and stir them well till beeswax melts.
- You can store the salve into a jar.
- Finally, you apply this salve to your cyst.
- You should follow this way for about 2 to 3 times per day.
You can even apply this salve onto minor wounds and cuts.
Learn more: Advantages and uses of olive oil on the skin
9. Grapefruit Seed Extract
Although grapefruit seed extract does not have any medical backing, many people find it effective in decreasing the size of cysts fast. Grapefruit seed extract is extracted from the pulp and seeds of the grapefruit. It is a good natural germicide and is very effective fight many infections in humans. You should use it in very small quantities because of its great strength.
- 1 drop of grapefruit seed extract
- A tissue
- A bandage
- Firstly, you apply the grapefruit seed extract directly onto your cyst.
- Then, you leave it on there for 1 to 2 minute until it gets absorbed.
- Now, you dab with tissue to eliminate the excessive extract.
- Finally, you cover it with a bandage.
- You should follow this way daily.
Learn more: Health and nutritional advantages of grapefruit
10. Frankincense Oil And Grapeseed Oil
Frankincense oil is extracted from the tree of Boswellia carteri is widely used topically for many skin conditions. Many people who have these cysts have used this oil that it decreased the size of the cysts remarkably. Hence, this herb is one of other ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- A few drops of frankincense oil
- 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil
- Firstly, you add the Frankincense oil into grapeseed oil.
- Then, you mix them well.
- Finally, you apply this oil mixture to your cysts.
- You should do this way for about 1 to 2 times per day.
Precaution: You do not use this oil that is undiluted. Breastfeeding and pregnant women should avoid using it.
Read more: Advantages of grapeseed oil on health
11. Red Clover
Red clover is a common herb that is used as a natural “blood purifier” by herbalists. Most alternative medicine systems think that toxins in your blood are the main cause behind many skin diseases and illnesses. In addition, red clover is extensively used for treatment of common acne, psoriasis, eczema, and other skin diseases which include sebaceous cysts because it is believed to get rid of your body’s toxins, which give rise to tumors and cysts. Hence, you should not skip this herb if you want to know how to treat sebaceous cysts.
Way 1: Dried red clover flowers
- Dried red clover flowers – 1 to 3 teaspoons
- Hot water – 1 to 3 cups
- Firstly, you add dried red clover flowers in hot water.
- Then, you allow it to steep for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, you strain this tea and have it.
- You should drink it for about 2 to 3 times per day.
- Some red clover flowers
- A little water
- Firstly, you chop these red clover flowers.
- Then, you add a little water into it and make a paste.
- Finally, you apply this poultice onto your cysts.
- You should repeat this way daily.
Or, you can have ¼ teaspoon of tincture of red clover for about 2 to 3 times per day.
Precaution: Breastfeeding and pregnant women should not have red clover because of its effects on hormones. People who are taking blood thinning medications consult their doctor before having this herb.
If you want to know more about natural, home remedies for other diseases and conditions go to our main How To page. After reading the article of top 12 ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to treat sebaceous cysts naturally and quickly at home. Nevertheless, the article is only for the informational target, thus, you should consult your doctor to get advice before applying any natural way. If you have any question, or you know other natural ways on how to treat sebaceous cysts, please leave them below.