Acid reflux often occurs when your esophageal sphincter, which is located between your esophagus and stomach, doesn't work properly and thereby allowing acid to move back up to your esophagus. Acid reflux can lead to vomiting, nausea, and burning sensations in your chest. There are many commercial treatments for treating acid reflux, but they are not effective in a long time and they will have some unwanted side effects. So, why we have to waste money and time on those when you may use simple, natural, and inexpensive ingredient as a fresh lemon to cure and prevent acid reflux?
In this article, VKool.com will show you 14 useful ways on how to use lemon for acid reflux without any side effect. This article listed the best methods that use lemon along with some other natural ingredients to treat acid reflux effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to use lemon for acid reflux quickly and effectively.
14 Useful Way On How To Use Lemon For Acid Reflux
How can use lemon for acid reflux?
Lemon is high in acidic and if you consume it in large amounts, it may actually lead to acid reflux. However, when you mix it with water, it will become alkaline which neutralizes the acid causing acid reflux. Here are some benefits of lemon for acid reflux that you should know:
- Lemon can create calcium carbonate neutralizing digestive acids.
- It may also balance your body’s pH levels.
- Lemon will relieve inflammation and pain in your esophagus and chest.
- Lemon has the ability to balance your acid/alkaline levels to help your digestive system in functioning properly.
- It also has vitamins A and C, fiber and pectin that your body needs to work properly.
- Lemon has a rich source of selenium, calcium, and potassium. Potassium will help in neutralizing the stomach acid effectively.
- In addition, lemons contain a little amount of sugar and a large amount of alkaline, which will make the alkalizing effects far exceed the acidity.
- Lemons also ease the inflammation causing pain in your digestive system.
- Besides, lemon juice is known as naturally antibacterial. Hence, it may kill the germs causing digestive problems.
- Lemon juice is beneficial in cleansing impurities and toxins from your kidneys, intestines as well as other digestive organs.
- Lemon juice assists in regularizing the hydrochloric production acid in your stomach as well as bile production in your liver. Both of them are essential to assimilating nutrients from food properly.
The effects of lemon are different to each person, so let try finding out these acid reflux treatments that will be suitable for you.
1. Lemon Juice
This is the simplest way to use lemon for acid reflux.
- You simply squeeze the juice from a lemon.
- Then you add this lemon juice to1 glass of warm water and stir well.
- You drink this lemon water before your breakfast and wait for about 20 minutes before you eat anything.
- Keep drinking this juice regularly to keep acid reflux at bay.
- You may add a little honey to make it sweeter.
2. Homemade Lemonade
This is also an effective remedy for treating acid reflux that you can apply.
All you need is 3 fresh lemons, water, and a little sugar
- Firstly, you squeeze these lemons to get the juice.
- Then you put this juice to 1 pitcher.
- Next, you pour the water and sugar into this pitcher.
- You stir them well and refrigerate this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now, you pour it into a glass with some ice cubes.
- Let enjoy this lemonade to fight acid reflux as well as acidity
3. Lemon Juice And Ginger
Because ginger has digestive juices that can help you get better digestion, you may combine it with lemon juice to get a fine solution.
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- At first, you crush the ginger piece to extract its juice.
- Then you mix this ginger juice well with the lemon juice.
- You should consume this every day to get relief from the symptoms of acid reflux.
4. Lemon Juice, Honey, And Ginger
- Water – 12 ounces
- Ginger – 1-inch piece
- Honey – ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- You firstly boil the water.
- You peel and chop the ginger piece and then put in the boiling water.
- Next, you reduce the heat and simmer it for about 10 minutes.
- After that, you take it out of the heat and strain to get the ginger water.
- Now, you mix this ginger water with lemon juice and honey.
- You stir them well and drink daily.
5. Lemon Juice AndBaking Soda
Lemons have a compound called Limonene. This compound has the ability to promote the acid production in your stomach while baking soda is alkaline, which can assist in neutralizing stomach acid. Hence, the combination of two ingredients will restore the balance between acid and alkaline in your digestive system.
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon – 1
- Warm water – ½ cup
- You just mix baking soda well with the juice of the lemon and warm water.
- Then you drink this mixture whenever you suffer from any symptom of acid reflux.
6. Lemon Juice And Cane Sugar
Another tip on the list of top 14 tips to use lemon for acid reflux is the combination of lemon juice and cane sugar.
- To make this solution, you just slice 1 lemon into thin slices.
- Then you dip these slices into the organic cane sugar and then eat it.
- Keep repeating this daily.
Note: This remedy is especially good for the health of pregnant women.
If you want to get more information about lemon for acid reflux, stay with us for our next post!
7. Grated Lemon Water
- You simply freeze 1 lemon overnight.
- In the next morning, you use a cheese grater to grate it and then put in a cup of boiled water.
- You allow it to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Next, you add 1 ½ tablespoons of honey in this water and stir well.
- You should drink this water daily before you have breakfast about 30 minutes.
8. LemonWith Ginger Tea
Lemon has the ability to balance stomach acids as well as treat various digestive disorders.(Click to Tweets). Additionally, ginger is also very effective to cure gastric disorders.
- Water – 2 cups
- Peeled and chopped ginger root – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped lemon – A few pieces
- First of all, you boil the water.
- Then you add the peeled, chopped ginger root and chopped lemon pieces in the water and stir well
- You allow this mixture to steep for 35 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- After that, you strain the tea and drink it daily 30 minutes before each of meals, especially breakfast.
9. Lemon Juice Combined With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Raw and organic apple cider vinegar – 2 or 3 drops
- Water – 1 cup
- You firstly put lemon juice with baking soda and apple cider vinegar into the water.
- Then you stir them well and drink whenever you suffer from any symptom of acid reflux.
10. Lemon With Chive Salad Dressing
To make the chive flavor have fully incorporated, you should prepare this about an hour before eating. When you consume it, it will become alkaline and thereby prevent acid reflux as well as other digestive problems.
- 6 tablespoons of minced chives
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of extra fine sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- You firstly squeeze the lemon to get its juice.
- Then you put this lemon juice with salt, and sugar in a bowl and stir well.
- Next, you add chives, black pepper, and olive oil in that bowl and continue to stir until all ingredients are well-combined.
- You regularly eat with salad to prevent acid reflux.
- Keep storing the remaining in the refrigerator for a week.
This is a great use of lemon for acid reflux that you should follow.
11. Lemon Zesty Squash
In fact, lemon zest has D-limonene, which can be beneficial in reducing acid reflux.
- 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of zucchini
- ¼ cup of fresh chopped basil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of crushed oregano
- 2 lemons
- At first, you take the outer skin of lemons and grate well.
- In a bowl, you mix olive oil well with black pepper and lemon juice.
- Now, you steam the zucchini for about 10 minutes until it becomes tender.
- Next, you drain it and move it to another bowl when it is still warm.
- After that, you put the lemon mixture over zucchini and then add the lemon zest, oregano, and basil in it.
- You toss well and consume this lemon zesty squash on a regular basis.
12. Lemon Detox
Drinking lemon detox regularly not only helps you to lose weight but also aids in getting better digestion as well asin preventing acid reflux or heartburn.
- Cool water – 4 ounces
- Cold water – 4 ounces
- Lemon – a half
- 100% pure maple syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Ground ginger or ground cayenne pepper – 1 pinch
- First of all, let pour the cool water in 1 glass.
- Then you take the juice of ½ lemon with 100% pure maple syrup and ground ginger or ground cayenne pepper.
- You put them into the cool water and mix well
- Finally, you add the cold water in this and continue to stir.
- You drink this lemon detox once per day to get better digestion.
Learn more: The e-book of Heartburn no more
13. Lemon With Pink Salt Tonic
The combination of pink salt and lemon for acid reflux is also an effective way for you. Pink salt assists in producing hydrochloric acid and helps your adrenal glands function properly.
- You just boil 4 ounces of water.
- After it boils, you turn off the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- You put the juice of a lemon and 1 pinch of pink salt in the boiled water and stir well.
- Remember to drink this solution every morning.
14. Lemon, Carrot Juice, OrCabbage
The final tip in the list of 14 tips to use lemon for acid reflux is to use lemon combined with carrot juice and cabbage.
- You firstly mix the juice of a lemon into 1 glass of carrot or cabbage juice.
- Then you stir them well and drink throughout your day.
- Keep drinking this daily to ease acid reflux.
Tips and precautions when using lemon for acid reflux:
- Don’t use lemon juice too much because this may lead to esophageal irritation.
- Always remember to use fresh-squeezed lemon juice instead of store-bought bottled juice.
- Besides, you should cut down on acidic drinks (except lemon juice).
- You have to dilute lemon juice.
- You may also use lemon oil to cure acid reflux after consulting your doctor’s advice.
- Use a straw to drink lemon juice to protect your tooth enamel.
- For the best results, you should use the room or warm temperature filtered water.
- Before using any treatment, you should consult your doctor to find out if the digestive system is more alkaline or more acidic.
- If you still suffer from acid reflux after using these treatments 3 weeks, let consult your doctor.
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Conditions & Diseases page. After studying the writing of 14 useful methods on how to use lemon for acid reflux, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to use lemon for treating acid reflux. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for treating acid reflux. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction, and that continue using them to keep acid reflux at bay. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use lemon for acid reflux.