If you love the feeling of moisturized lips and want to save money from costly beauty products out there, then you will be definitely want to try some of the following natural and easy homemade lip balm recipes that I have enjoy the most the past couple of years. Take a look from VKool.com!
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes – Natural And Easy
1. Coconut Rose Lip Balm
- Coconut oil: 1/8 cup (available in most health food stores or grocery stores)
- Beeswax: ¼ cup
- Shea butter: 1/8 cup (available in most health food stores or craft stores)
- Rose petals: ¼ cup
- Coconut or Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Sweet Almond oil: 1 teaspoon (available in most craft stores)
These ingredients are enough to make about 6 tubes or small containers.
- Measure all of the prepare ingredients into one small saucepan
- Heat them on a low heat till all get melted, or if you use a microwave, place them under the heat in 30 seconds intervals till they are entirely melted.
- Strain the petals if you love,
- Pour them into sanitized containers of your favorite
- Wait till the ingredients get cool entirely and they are ready to use.
Note that: because this recipe has beeswax, so it will be hardening enough to put into empty tubes.
2. Pepper Mint Lip Balm
When it comes to homemade lip balm recipes, there are a lot of things you could love about this tinted balm, but the most appreciated is the use of an empty Altoids tin as the container.
- Peppermint oil: 8 drops
- Carrier oil: 2 tablespoons
- Glass dropper
- Glass jar
- Put two tbsp of carrier oil and 1 tbsp of beeswax in one glass jar and close the lid
- Then, heat that jar in one pot with water on medium-high heat till wax is melted
- Remove the jar from the pot and stir the mixture
- Next, add peppermint oil with one dropper
- For more tinted lip balm, you can stir in your lipstick shavings till you get your desired color
- Instantly pour that mixture into the containers
- Wait for about 2 hours till the mixture gets hard
Check out: facial scrub recipes
3. Hemp And Honey
Actually, the best part of this lip balm is the manuka honey that has antibacterial properties, along with the softening effect for your lips.
- Beeswax: 15 grams
- Carnauba wax: 1 gram
- Cocoa butter: 10 grams
- Shea butte: 5 grams
- Almond oil: 20 ml
- Hemp oil: 5 ml
- Manuka honey: 10 ml
- Citrus essential oil: 8 drops
- Double boiler
- Small glass jug
- Metal spoon
- 12 lip balm tubes (4 pots are okay)
- Digital kitchen scale
- Milk frother
- Melt the cocoa butter, beeswax, shea butter, and carnauba wax in the double boiler plus with the almond oil
- Then, add the hemp oil along with honey and start stirring till they become liquid. Note that the honey is not soluble with oil so it will not entirely dissolve with the heating and has to be mixed with the milk frother
- Next, remove it from the heat and add essential oils, blend with the frother whilst the solution gets cool yet stills pourable.
- Last, pour the mixture into the prepared tubes and wait till they get hard.
Read more: how to get pink lips naturally
4. Kool-Aid Lip Balm
- Coconut oil: 4 tablespoons
- Petroleum jelly: 3 tablespoons
- Beeswax shaved: 1 tablespoon
- A squirt of Kook-aid
- One small container
- Mix coconut oil, beeswax, petroleum jelly together, in a microwave save bowl
- After blending well, you heat them for 1 minute or so. In case you do different colors, then you should separate the mixture into different bowls
- Then, mix them in the kool-aid till you get desired color
- Next, pour the mixture into the containers and pop it into the refrigerator for one or two hours
- Pain the lid of the container for matching the color found within.
Recommend reading: tips to cure vitiligo and get healthy skin
5. Pink Tinted Lip Balm
In this list of natural lip balm recipes, this is rather basic. It contains beeswax to create the effect of natural SPF and some melted lipstick for color.
The great thing about beeswax is that it contains natural sun protection qualities. However, the most useful part of this recipe is using a large plastic syringe to fill in the pots.
- 2 tablespoons of grated beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of Sweet almond oil
- ½ teaspoon of Shimmery eye shadow powder
- A little bit of red lipstick
- Essential oil: 10 drops
- Melt all of the ingredients, except for the essential oil, in the double boiler till they are melted completely and there are no more beeswax flakes
- Avoid boiling or overheating
- Stir with the bamboo skewer
- Remove the ingredients from the heat and then add essential oil
- Using a medicine dropper or syringe to fill the lip balm containers
- Place it under the room temperature or in your refrigerator till it gets hard
You should feel free to modify the ratios of ingredients for playing around with it. It is said that the more sweet almond oil and coconut oil used, the more glossy it gets. And, the more essential oils you add, the more smelling it will be.
There, you have gotten to know 5 easy and natural homemade lip balm recipes which just resort easy-to-find ingredients. So, choose a certain recipe and start making your own lip balm from now!
After finishing your lip balm, share your thoughts with us by leaving comments below the beauty post. We will feedback soon.