Many people with hypotension may be due to low nutrient supply/ anemia or absorption, weak digestion. Weak digestion results in short supply of nutrients like minerals, vitamins, and other macronutrients (proteins, fats and carbohydrate). Get all the essential nutrients needed for your good health. Your focus had better be on various foods including whole-grains, fruits (specifically citrus fruits and cherries), vegetables, lean-chicken and fish. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 17 low blood pressure diet recipes. The writing collected a list of foods and recipes for low blood pressure patents from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 17 low blood pressure diet recipes in more detail!
Top 17 Low Blood Pressure Diet Recipes You Should Follow
Diet is considered as one of the main factors as well as the most effective medicine in order to treat low blood pressure. Juice is also one of the best low blood pressure diet recipes. Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- Fresh carrot juice (a glass)
- A piece of beetroot (beet)
- Molasses rice (one tablespoon)
- Spirulina (one teaspoon)
- Blend all and serve. Now drink slowly in order to accompany the meal or evening, you should keep off white sugar-sweetened beverages like juices and sodas.
2. Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is also one of the healthiest low blood pressure diet recipes. You can do it like follow:
- Skinless roasted peanuts (200 g)
- Molasses rice (2 teaspoons)
- Butter (2 teaspoons)
- First of all, place all of these ingredients in blender and then beat until it creates a creamy and smooth paste. You can hold it in one clean container and sealed in your refrigerator for five days. Spread on bread.
3. Salmon With Capers
This is also considered as one of the best low blood pressure diet recipes. Here are step by step guides for you to follow:
- Grain macaroni (75 grams)
- Three or four garlic cloves
- Half onion
- Fresh salmon (75 grams)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil extra-virgin
- Firstly, crush the capers in one mortar and next add salmon marinated and chopped in soy sauce and lemon. If you don’t like oil, you may cook a little bit.
- Then cook the macaroni in some boiling water with one drizzle of olive oil and some salt.
- Meanwhile in one saucepan, sauté the garlic and onion and as golden brown take capers and the salmon you have in that mortar.
- Once the macaroni is drained, you add to your dish and stir well.
- Finally, serve with the fresh sprouts salad.
4. Brown Rice With Vegetables
Looking for the best low blood pressure diet recipes, you should not pass brown rice with vegetables. Here are easy steps for you to follow:
- Brown rice (300 g)
- Water or vegetable broth (1 liter)
- Green beans (100 g)
- 2 carrots
- Spinach (50 g)
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- First of all, chop the carrots, tomatoes, garlic and green beans and sauté everything in one pan with oil. Next add the sauté and rice.
- Add salt and broth and cook for about one hour.
- Meanwhile, you chop the spinach and later add to rice. Cook for 5 minutes and then add salt to taste and now serve.
5. Amaranth Sticks
This is also one of the best low blood pressure diet recipes. Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- Toasted amaranth cereal (5 ¾ cups) (200 g)
- Semisweet chocolate stick (460 g)
- Casserole dish or pewter bowl with a capacity of three liters
- A large bath pan
- Wooden paddle or spoon
- Plastic tray, individual plastic molds individual or stainless steel
- Large knife
- Plastic container with lid or pack of cellophane and capacity of 3 liters.
- Firstly, put the chocolate in this pan or bowl till melted in one double boiler.
- Once melted, and next add the toasted amaranth and then mix to incorporate well with a wooden paddle or spoon.
- When these ingredients are incorporated, you pour into pan and then spread evenly, pressing on this till a thickness of about one point five cm. Let stand about 10 minutes.
- After that cut into individual bars using the knife and allow dry for half an hour after this time, evenly turn them to dry for around one day in one ventilated, dry and finally clean part.
Packaging and storage: You can package amaranth bars in individual cellophane bags or in the plastic container, sealed to keep in one dry, cool and dark place. You should attach a label with date of manufacture, the product name and expiry.
Rosemary is also one of the best low blood pressure diet recipes. This acts excellently by enhancing the central nervous system in order to improve your blood circulation. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- 1/4 cup of dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Jar with its lid
- Take a jar and next place these dried leaves of rosemary in it.
- Later pour olive oil over this and ensure that these leaves must be covered completely with the oil.
- Place the jar by holding its lid in such one place where this in the sun like on window sill.
- Leave it to stay in that place for about 2 – 3 days.
- After that take out this oil and strain this into another jar and secure it with a lid.
- Later take out this oil and apply this on your chest.
- Gently massage it for several minutes with the oil to get immediate relief from your low blood pressure.
- You should continue doing the oil application every day till you get complete treatment from your low blood pressure.
- Or you can take the rosemary tincture (10 ml) everyday to increase the blood pressure.
- Alternatively, you can also add rosemary essential oil (3 – 5 drops) in the diffuser in order to get aromatherapy benefits.
7. Salt Water
Raise the salt intake in the daily diet, if you are suffering from the low blood pressure. But ensure to consult your doctor before raising the salt in your daily diet for those who are suffering from the kidney and heart problems. For the better results, what you need to do:
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt
- Water – 1 glass
- First of all, take water (a glass) (prefer lukewarm water) and next add salt in this.
- Stir it well and then have the salt water to increase the blood pressure.
- Another option is to add little of sugar in this and it will turn as an oral rehydration solution.
- You should continue drinking the salt water every day till you get relief from this problem and avoid following the remedy after your blood pressure gained to normal or else it can cause some other health problems.
Ginger is one of the most effective low blood pressure diet recipes. It contains a lot of beneficial compounds including certain powerful plant chemicals like shogaol, zingerone and gingerol and anti – oxidants which help in preventing the fluctuations in your blood pressure levels. The ginger also has anti – spasmodic, anti – clotting, anti – inflammatory and a lot of other useful properties which helps in stimulating the blood circulation and thereby raises the blood flow to have the proper blood pressure level. Here is an easy recipe on how to prepare this ginger tea for controlling low blood pressure.
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Take a pot and next place the grated ginger in this.
- Later pour boiling water over the grated ginger in this pot.
- Cover it and leave it to steep for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now strain this tea and consume this ginger tea to get instant relief from this low blood pressure.
- You had better continue drinking the ginger tea every day for once or twice in order to stabilize your blood pressure levels.
Learn more: 16 Health Advantages Of Fresh Ginger Juice
One of the best low blood pressure diet recipes is using licorice. Here is an easy recipe on how to prepare and make licorice tea for treating the low blood pressure.
- 1 teaspoon of licorice herb (powdered or dried)
- Hot water – 1 cup
- First of all, take a pot and next place the licorice herb in this.
- Later pour hot water over this and cover it.
- Leave it to steep for around 5 – 7 minutes.
- Now strain this tea to one cup using a strainer or sieve.
- Consume this tea to raise the lowered blood pressure levels.
- Regular intake of the licorice tea will completely help you to prevent the low blood pressure.
- Another option is to take licorice root capsules (about 400 – 500 mg) regularly for few days till you cleared the fluctuations in your blood pressure levels.
Motherwort is one of the most effective low blood pressure diet recipes. It has certain compounds such as alkaloids, flavonoids, tannins and caffeic acid. Caffeic acid is not linked to caffeine but it’s an anti – oxidant that contains anti – fatigue component. For the best results, what you need to do:
- 1 tablespoon of motherwort herb
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Sieve or strainer
- Take a pot and next place the herb in that pot.
- After that pour boiling water over the herb in that pot.
- Then cover it and leave it to steep for around 15 – 20 minutes.
- Lastly strain this tea to one cup using strainer or sieve.
- Daily intake of the motherwort tea will help in regulating the blood pressure levels.
In order to increase your lowered blood pressure, you must consume a lot of water as well as other fluids like herbal teas, vegetable or fruit juices, eating of fruits that contain high water content, etc. as it will clears your dehydration and thus low blood pressure.
Ginseng is also one of the best low blood pressure diet recipes. Ginseng contains anti – oxidants that help to remove the free radicals, as the free radicals will lead to heart diseases and several other health problems. Here is an easy recipe on how to make this ginseng tea to remove the low blood pressure.
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of sliced ginseng root
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Take a pot and place the sliced ginseng root in this.
- Later pour boiling water over the root in that pot.
- Cover it and allow it steep for around 15 – 25 minutes.
- Now strain this mixture and consume this tea to get instant relief from the problem.
- You should daily intake of the tea to help get complete relief from this low blood pressure.
Basil is very rich in vitamin C, magnesium, potassium and pantothenic acid which help to stabilize your blood pressure. This also helps in balancing the mind and thereby reduces all your stress levels in order to get normal blood pressure level. Here is an easy and simple recipe on how to make this basil juice to get instant relief from the low blood pressure.
- 10 to 15 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Take finely and fresh washed leaves of basil and crush them finely.
- Then place the crushed leaves of basil on the sieve and later squeeze it in order to extract its juice.
- Afterwards, pour the juice in the water and now stir it well.
- Alternatively, place these leaves in one juicer and then pour some water in this.
- Afterwards add raw honey to this and mix it well.
- In the morning, drink this basil juice with an empty stomach.
- Consume this juice once every day in the morning to increase the blood pressure as well as to have perfect health.
- Basil leaves – 4 to 6
- Take fresh leaves of basil and wash it off properly.
- Then place these leaves in the mouth and in the morning begin chewing them on an empty stomach.
- Follow this chewing process every day in the morning time with an empty stomach to remove the low blood pressure.
Learn more: 15 Recipes And Benefits Of Using Honey On Skin
14. Siberian Ginseng
This is also one of the best low blood pressure diet recipes. Here is the recipe on how to make this tea to deal with low blood pressure.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of sliced Siberian ginseng root
- 1 cup of boiling or hot water
- Firstly, take one pan and next place the sliced Siberian ginseng root over this.
- Later pour the hot water over the root in that pan.
- Then cover it and leave it to steep for around 15 – 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea in one cup and drink this tea to get relief from your low blood pressure.
- Regular consumption of this tea will help you to keep stable blood pressure.
15. Lemon Juice
Here are several ways that shows you on how to use the lemon juice for curing the low blood pressure.
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Water – 1 glass
- First of all, take the freshly squeezed lemon juice and next pour it in water.
- Later add a little of salt and sugar to this.
- Stir it well and consume this lemon juice in order to stabilize the blood pressure.
- You should continue drinking the lemon juice once every day to get instant relief from blood pressure (either low or high).
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 glass of sugarcane juice
- Firstly, take sugarcane juice and next include freshly squeezed lemon juice in this.
- After that add salt (a pinch) in this and stir it well.
- Enjoy the lemon juice combined sugar cane juice in order to treat the low blood pressure.
- Follow the same process regularly in order to help prevent the low blood pressure.
16. Carrot Juice
This juice helps to enhance the blood circulation and thereby regulates your blood pressure levels. To gain satisfied results, you can do as follows:
- 1 glass of carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- First of all, take carrot juice and add honey to this.
- Stir it well and consume this to treat the low blood pressure.
- You should continue drinking this for two times daily i.e. once in the evening and once in the morning with an empty stomach till you clear the fluctuations in your blood pressure.
17. Almonds And Milk
This milk and almonds is a combination process which is very effective in curing the low blood pressure. The process raises the blood pressure by working up on your adrenal glands and keeps stable blood pressure. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Almonds – 5 to 6
- 1 cup of milk
- First of all, take one small bowl and next place these almonds in this.
- Afterwards pour water in this and cover this bowl properly.
- Leave it to soak for entire night.
- You must take out these almonds and then peel it off the skin in the next morning,
- Place these almonds in a grinder or blender and create it a smooth paste.
- Then place this milk on the heat or stove and boil it.
- After that add the almond paste into the milk and next stir it well.
- Now boil the paste in that milk for several minutes and later turn off the heat.
- In the morning, consume this cup of almond milk to raise your blood sugar levels.
- You had better continue doing this process every day in the morning time in order to get complete relief from this problem.
- High intake of vitamin C, as the low level of the vitamin causes hypotension.
- Eat spirulina and seaweed, for its rich supply of salts and minerals.
- Increase dietary calories, hence it is suggested to consume cereals, peanuts, sweet fruits, walnuts, amaranth, cereal, bread, energy bars, etc.
- Other recommended foods: tea, salty foods, coffee to keep regulated voltage levels.
- Take licorice tea two times a day, this herb is truly a great remedy to cure and fight hypotension.
If you want to know more about effective solutions, remedies for other diseases and conditions, go to our main Diseases & Conditions page. All above are natural foods which are surely helps in preventing your low blood pressure. After reading the article of top 17 low blood pressure diet recipes, hope you learn more some recipes for low blood pressure. If you have any question, or you want to know other foods and recipes for low blood pressure patients, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other foods as well as recipes for low blood pressure to us.
Related articles on low blood pressure problems: