Restless nights are a well-known bedbug infested homes’ occurrence due to a bed bug bite that can lead to itchy welts. This tiny pest, in general, feed on our blood at night, and 1 hour before sunrise is the peak time of this issue.
The bites of bed bugs resemble the bites of other insect and often appear in clusters or rows of 3 – 5 bites. They could be found more commonly on exposed skin regions, such as the neck, face, hands, and arms.
While some people might not even know that they were bitten, others might see some signs and symptoms, such as rashes and red itchy bumps.
Some people might have an allergic reaction at the bite site with painful burning and swelling, engorged marks of bites and, just in a few cases, an anaphylactic response. The bite from bed bugs does not often transmit diseases, but excess scratching and itching might trigger a skin infectious issue.
The initial thing that people should do when facing the bed bug bite issue is to use clean water and a mild antiseptic soap to wash their infected area. This would help a lot in reducing itching and preventing an infectious issue on skin. If not scratched, the bites tend to resolve itself within about 7 days.
Nevertheless, it would still be best for you to see a dermatologist if you see any skin infectious sign, an allergic skin reaction, or blisters.
Quick Tips To Eliminate Symptoms Of Bed Bugs Bites:
- Resisting your urge for scratching the bites because it can cause a skin infectious problem.
- Getting rid of the infestation to avoid bed bug bites.
- Applying a combination of equal parts of water and cold milk to get quick relief from itching.
- Applying essential oils, such as tea tree, lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and basil oil mixed with carrier oil to relieve itching and redness. The strong smell of essential oils can also help a lot in repelling bed bugs.
Discover the best natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs at home:
This is the very first one out on the list of the best natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs that I would like to introduce in this entire article and people should not miss!
Cucumber slices & peels can offer instant relief from swelling and itching due to bed bug bites because they have vitamin C and caffeic acid that bring about powerful anti-inflammatory properties. There are just 2 simple steps for you to follow at home to clear bed bugs bites with the help of cucumber:
- Just prepare a piece of cucumber slice or peel and use it to apply directly onto your infected skin region and let it stay within ten to fifteen minutes at least. To get better soothing effects, put the cucumber pieces into the fridge at first.
- Repeat as necessary.
2. Tea Bags
This is also one of the most useful natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs bites that we want to introduce in the article today and people should not skip at all costs.
Moist tea bags could aid a lot in combating the swelling and itching due to bed bug bites and even the bites of other insects. They have tannins with mild anesthetic and astringent properties. Here are some simple steps you can follow at the comfort of your own home to deal with and beat off the pain caused by bed bug bites with the help of moist tea bags:
- Cool a used tea bag (moist) in the fridge within half an hour at least.
- Put it directly onto your infected skin region within about fifteen minutes.
- Repeat as necessary.
Read More: 15 Ways How To Use Green Tea For Skin
Toothpaste is also a useful home treatment for bed bug bites. It has cooling menthol that can help a lot in reducing the burning and itching sensations. Ensure that for this purpose, you will opt for white toothpaste, not a gel version. Here are 3 short steps you may need to follow at home to try applying toothpaste and overcome the discomfort caused by bed bug bites:
- Dab a little amount of white toothpaste directly onto your infected skin area.
- Allow it to stay within ten minutes before rinsing it off your skin.
- Repeat as necessary.
Thanks to the powerful anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of oatmeal, it is considered one of the excellent solutions for reducing skin itching and irritation due to bed bug bites and also the bites of other insects as well as some other problems related to the skin, such as psoriasis and eczema. There are two simple and easy to follow ways to cure bed bug bites thanks to the help of oatmeal that you can apply at home:
- By mixing half a cup of finely ground oatmeal (colloidal oatmeal) in warm bathwater, you can try preparing an oatmeal bath of your own. You can also opt for adding 3 – 5 drops of peppermint essential oil as well. Soak in the prepared bath within about fifteen minutes. Repeat this method for two days.
- Alternatively, try mixing about 2 – 3 tsps. of oatmeal in some water to form a paste. Use the paste to apply directly onto your infected skin area, and allow it to stay within about fifteen at least before washing it off your skin. Repeat this method 2 – 3 times for two days.
Learn More: List Of 11 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Oatmeal
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also one of the best natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs bites because it can help a lot in relieving burning and itching, thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties and acetic acid content. If apple cider vinegar is not available in your house, you could opt for white vinegar. Follow these 3 simple steps and see how apple cider vinegar can help you to get rid of the bites due to bed bugs:
- Prepare raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and use it to apply directly onto your infected region
- Let it dry, and then wash your skin off.
- If there are still some symptoms remained, reapply the method after 2 – 3 hours.
Do Not Miss: 10 Medical And Common Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Aloe Vera Gel
The succulent gel contained in aloe vera leaves is soothing for our skin. Its amino acids and active compounds can aid a lot in easing skin burning and itching due to the bites of bed bug and other insects. By keeping it moisturized, it can also help to heal human skin. Follow these 3 simple steps and see how you can make use of aloe vera gel to say goodbye to bed bugs bites once and for all:
- Prepare an aloe vera leaf, rinse it carefully and slit it open.
- Scoop out the aloe vera gel and use that gel to apply onto your bed bug bite.
- Store the rest of the gel in the fried for the next use. Do it 2 – 3 times throughout the day for about 2 days.
Learn More: 21 Useful Ways To Use Aloe Vera For Wrinkles
7. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is a solution astringent that people could get from any drug store at the locality with ease. Being used mostly as a natural cleanser for face, it could also aid a lot in calming the skin itching feeling due to bed bug bites as it has tannins and goes along with a mild anesthetic impact. There are just 4 short steps for you to follow to make use of witch hazel for the bed bug bites healing purposes:
- Soak 1 small cotton ball within witch hazel.
- Put it directly on your infected area.
- Take off the cotton ball after ten minutes.
- Reapply the method as necessary.
8. Lemon Juice
Acting like a real natural astringent, lemon juice can aid a lot in drying out rashes on the skin due to bed bug bites and calming any itching. In addition, its powerful antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties can aid a lot in relieving swelling and redness as well as preventing the chances of having infections. Follow these 4 short steps to apply an entire useful method at home without having to use any type of drugs or medications:
- Dip 1 cotton ball within lemon juice.
- Use it to bad onto your bed bug bite.
- Allow it to dry on its own, and then wash your skin off, including the infected areas.
- Apply this method 2 – 3 times per day.
Note: Lemon juice might make our skin susceptible to sunburn. Therefore, avoid going out in the sunlight for 2 – 3 hours after applying this treatment.
9. Baking Soda
This is also one of the most useful natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs bites that people who are suffering from this issue can make use as soon as possible.
Baking soda, also called “sodium bicarbonate”, can help a lot in neutralizing acidic chemicals that can lead to skin itching just due to bed bug bites. Acting like a great and powerful anti-inflammatory agent, baking soda can also aid a lot in reducing skin redness and swelling. Steps to follow at home to get rid of bed bugs bite that people should follow:
- Mix three tsps. of water with one tsp. of baking soda
- Use the combination to generously apply right onto your infected area.
- Allow it to stay within ten and then rinse it off.
- If there are still some discomfort feelings, apply this method again within about thirty to forty-five minutes.
10. Ice Pack
The cold temperature of an ice pack would be able to aid a lot in numbing the nerve endings; thereby it can help to relieve the itching sensation due to a bed bug bite. It can also aid in calming the swelling effectively. There are just 4 simple and easy to apply steps that you should follow exactly at home to eliminate the discomfort due to a bed bug bite:
- Wrap 3 – 5 small ice cubes within a thin towel.
- Put it onto your infected skin region.
- Take it off after ten to fifteen minutes.
- Repeat as needed.
After reading the short list of natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs bite, people should also spend time reading another article that talks about the same issue – the List Of 10 Natural Home Remedies For Bug Bites. This is a comprehensive gathering the 10 most common and effective methods that can help people blow out all stubborn signs and symptoms, as well as the discomfort caused by a bug bite and everyone at all ages can make use of them right at the comfort of their own home without facing any difficulty. This article will help all of us eliminate the bug bite issue within a very short period of time without having to use any cream, lotion, or pills for skin issues so that you should feel secure about the safety of the remedies revealed. All treatment tips come with clear and detailed steps and just a few easy to find ingredients from nature so that people will get a big help from this recommended article and escape from the bug bite issue right away. Everything you need to do is just to make use of the list of 10 home remedies for bug bites right after noticing the very first sign of the problem. Do not hesitate or concern about anything!
The list today reveals 10 simple yet useful natural treatments to get rid of bed bugs bites that everyone should know and apply to cure the infection on time without making any mistake. The knowledge and information exposed in this comprehensive writing are offered and proven by scientists and experts to be safe and good for health. If you are among people who suffer from bed bugs bites and are looking for natural home remedies to cure this issue, feel free to read and make use of this article with all remedies and natural treatment methods it reveals. If you want to share this list to make use of it with anyone out there who has the same concern and also want to find out natural ways to cure their bed bug bites, feel free to do share it and make use together with anyone you want. Remember to leave your opinions before leaving Vkool.com to allow us to know how you really think and feel about the content of the article today. All your contributions are highly appreciated and welcomed!
Other articles and writings about insects, how to deal with insect bites, and other related issues: