Eczema is a serious and common skin disease that can affect everyone and it can “destroy” skin severely. Doctors usually encourage people to use a steroidal cream; however, it does not always work. That is the reason why you should read this article because I am going to give you 21 natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults.
Top 21 Natural Ways To Treat Eczema In Babies And Adults
I. Changing Your Lifestyle
Here are top 9 natural ways to treat eczema by changing your lifestyle that I am going to introduce to help you get a clear and concrete view about the first way to heal eczema.
1. Changing Your Daily Diet Positively:
– You should remember that when you cope with diseases like eczema, your skin will become the largest eliminatory organ on your body; meaning that anything you decide to put into your body will be able to be reflected on your outside look, as a form of excretes waste through your skin.
To get a healthy meal plan to follow, you should try Menu In A Box Online Meal Planing – a rich resource that covers a lot of healthy recipes for you to apply.
– In fact, diet plays an important role in your overall health and your skin. Thus, you should make a few positive modifications to improve your current situation significantly. Everything you need to do is following a healthy eating plan that can help you promote liver and gut health, and get rid of as many high-gluten and processed foods as you can. For the healthy foods to eat, you can check out The Simple Superfoods and Great Taste No Pain to get a list of what to eat to treat eczema effectively.
2. Getting Rid Of Dairy And Milk Products:
-Maybe cow’s milk is the root cause of the eczema infection, so you should cut it out of your current daily meal plan to realize if you get an improvement for your current infection. Cow milk is sometimes quite acidic, and it is relatively filled with chemicals and hormones, which can affect your immune system negatively and boost eczema. That is the reason why you should try to get rid of all cow’s milk or other dairy products for at least 2 weeks and learn how to boost immune system naturally by using foods. Moreover, you should try this professional program that actually helps you improve your immune system fast.
3. Wear Non-Irritating Clothes:
– When learning how to cure eczema naturally, you also need to learn about what to wear. This is should not a surprise to you! The clothes you wear are really important for your skin all day long because they has been always rubbing, brushing, and chafing your “frail” skin. A lot of people even see their eczema worse in the winter as they need to wear more layers of clothing. I know that the worse your infection becomes, the more you tend to cover your skin up, and the more you cover it up, the worse your eczema becomes. In brief, focusing on what to wear depending on the weather is really necessary for your disease; and if you are wearing irritating clothing, just stop doing this!
4. Use Some Natural Supplements:
– Ideally, you would get all the nutrients and vitamins that you need from your diet, but in fact, you rarely can follow this simple rule. Luckily, you can find numerous dietary supplements easily on the market to reduce or beat eczema, such as those in Beat Eczema and 14 Days Eczema Cure
5. Learn Ways To Manage Stress:
Like any other skin diseases, eczema has been associated with stress, both physically and psychologically, so working on stress-relief and taking some time out will be really beneficial for any eczema sufferers. Alternative remedies such as hypnotherapy and visualization have been suggested as the useful ways to reduce stress. Nevertheless, you can learn many simpler methods to manage stress and incorporate them into your daily routine. To learn how to control and reduce stress effectively, you can try Prime Stress – an entire product that will free you from the terrible pressure and stress that are disturbing you day by day.
6. Using Non-Irritating Shampoos And Soaps:
– The products you use when taking shower can affect your skin condition significantly so that it is really important to know clearly about the shampoos and soaps you are using every day and what ingredients they cover. It is a stable rule that the more moisturizing and natural a product is, the less negative effects it will leave on your skin, leading to the less risk of getting eczema you will have. You should say “no” to deodorant and anti-bacterial products because this stuff can dry your skin.
7. Bathing Less Frequently With Warm Water:
– Although taking showers will help you feel soothing on itchy, dry, and clean skin, bathing too frequently can really strip moisture directly from your skin and generate favorable condition for the development of eczema. Therefore, you should taking showers and baths (by once for 1 to 2 days). Going along with this routine, you should use warm water instead of hot water and reduce each session to 15 – 20 minutes.
8. Using A Humidifier:
– You should get to know that the dry air in your home and your bedroom can cause and worsen some skin infections like eczema as it cause your skin to become flaky and dehydrated. You can easily deal with this situation just by purchasing a useful air humidifier. It will leave the air around you and your skin an amount of moisture. You can find portable home humidifiers and some humidifiers that can be attached to the furnace easily with a lot of styles and price ranges.
9. Detox Your Body:
The simple way to detox the body is simply having the suitable diet to help cleanse your body. Sweating and massage are also the ways to detox. There are many supplements that can help get rid of the harmful toxins from your intestines, which support your healing process. You should remember to drink plenty of water and herbal tea.
II. Using Natural Remedies
There are a lot of herbal remedies for eczema that you should take to deal with your current skin condition. Here are 12 techniques on natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults by using natural remedies:
1. Using Aloe Vera Frequently:
-The gel-like sap that you can take from the Aloe Vera plant is a very important ingredient that has been used to treat skin conditions and beautify skin for thousands of years. It also works as a natural remedy for people who has burns, wounds, and other skin diseases with its soothing, healing properties. Using this ingredient, you will see how effective it is to help you treat eczema as it moisturizes your dry, flaky skin and soothes itchiness.
For more useful herbal remedies to treat eczema effectively, you can check out Eczema Free Forever to remove eczema without using any drugs or harmful ingredients.
2. Applying The Calendula Lotion:
– This is a marigold-like flower that people use its extract commonly to make skin salves and lotions. It has miracle healing ability for skin diseases, and it can also help people relieve pain and inflammation. You can find a lot of calendula products, such as oils, lotions, soaps, salves, and creams easily at any local health food stores.
3. Using Chamomile:
– Chamomile is a common natural remedy that helps you cure eczema effectively as it can calm inflammation and sooth itchiness. You can use it in one out of these 2 popular ways:
– First, you can use chamomile to make a special kind of tea by brewing dried flowers of chamomile plant in boiling water within about 15 minutes. After that, you strain the flowers and let the tea slightly cool. Then, you will need to make a warm compress by dipping a clean patch in the chamomile, wringing it out to eliminate the excess moisture. Finally, you just need to press it against your affected skin area within 10-15 minutes.
– Second, you can also make use of chamomile attar to relieve eczema by adding some drops to your warm bath or massaging your skin directly with the oils.
4. Using Organic Coconut Oil:
– Cold organic coconut oil is an extremely efficient moisturizer that has been used by many eczema sufferers. They said that this natural ingredient is even more effective than costly creams bought from medical stores. You can buy it easily from any food stores, online, or in supermarkets.
5. Taking Baths And Adding Ingredients
Taking warm baths and adding some ingredients that are good for skin and the eczema condition. A warm bath with added ingredients to cure eczema is an extremely effective method to mollify itchiness and reduce the pain that you should try. You should remember that hot water can worsen your eczema condition, so you should better keep the temperature of bathwater in the lukewarm to warm range. You should try these additions:
– Bleach: You will need half a cup of bleach to dilute in bathwater in order to kill bacteria on the surface of your skin and also prevent the eczema from spreading.
– Baking soda: You should add a tablespoon of baking soda to the bathwater to ease the symptoms of itchiness.
– Colloidal oatmeal or regular oatmeal: colloidal oatmeal or regular uncooked oatmeal can be sprinkled into your bathwater to make your skin softer and give your skin proper humidity.
6. Using Evening Primrose Oil:
– Evening primrose oil is believed to help to treat the eczema condition because it includes gamma-linoleic acid that can nourish your skin and correct the deficiencies in skin lipids, and reduce inflammation.
7. Using Alternative Treatments
Using alternative treatments, such as hypnosis, homeopathy, or acupuncture:
– These alternative medical cures sometimes can teach people natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults thanks to their effectiveness at relieving stress. In fact, if you are finding a real solution to your severe and painful eczema condition, these alternative remedies are actually worth a try.
8. Applying Sweet Almond Oil:
-This oil is really useful and it is often used to treat eczema because it includes oleic and ursolic acids, which are considered to relieve inflammation and improve the skin condition. You can apply sweet almond oil liberally on your whole body as a useful moisturizer, or spread it all over your skin before taking showers or baths to create a barrier for protecting your skin from being dried by hot water.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Next to natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults, this is apple cider vinegar (ACV). ACV has a wide range of nutrients that will help soothe your skin rash resulting from eczema. It also has a lot of good effects inside your body for making the outside healthy. You can add 2 teaspoons of ACV to 8 ounces of water and drink this. If you find it difficult to drink because it has no appealing flavor, you can add some honey. Rather than water, you can use 8 ounces of juice that you like.
Alternatively, you can apply ACV directly to the affected areas after diluting ACV with water. Use a clean cotton ball to apply this mixture to your body. Is you don’t like the smell of ACV, you can use a few drops of rosemary oil.
10. Petroleum Jelly And Olive Oil:
Applying petroleum jelly can help maintain your skin moisturized and it is the best choice for your children to get rid of eczema. On the market today, there are many natural body lotions sold; however, most of them contain irritants which are not good for children. Moreover, most of the products have some types of fragrance. After you take a bath, gently dry your body with a soft towel but keep your skin a little wet. Apply this oil to your body twice per day. You can use olive oil on dry patches to thwart the eczema from spreading to other areas of your body.
11. Flax Seed Oil:
Mix flax seed oil and coconut oil with the rate 2:1 to create a mixture that you can apply it to your skin at night. At first, you need to clean the top surface to remove dead skin cells. Use a washcloth and wet it with hot water and gently rub the affected areas and then let dry. Clean your hands by using anti-biotic soap and apply this mixture to the patches of eczema before you sleep at night. In the morning, right after you wake up, rinse it off. This mixture is really effective with your eczema, it also reduces the symptoms.
The basic content of turmeric is curcuma. It has been believed to cure many diseases, especially it is an anti-inflammatory. Turmeric is a natural herb that has many benefits in curing problems related to skin. Turmeric is able to degrade histamine can encourage the body’s manufacture of cortisol, which is one of the steroid hormones. You can purchase turmeric in pill form in food stores and use 500 grams every day. In addition, you can purchase the cream, oil, and ointment made from turmeric. Combine turmeric powder and water together to have a mixture for cleansing the skin affected by eczema.
All of the above natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults are what I have used to get rid of my own eczema issue and now, I am glad to share my very own experience with anyone who is suffering from this terrible and painful skin infection.
If you feel the 21 natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults I offer in this article are interesting and useful, just feel free to leave all your comments/feedbacks at the end of this post. We appreciate your contribution and will respond all as soon as possible.