Burn calories and train your own body for the demands of daily life by including movement to the simple plank, a move designed to assist people in developing full-body control and stability when moving. The following creative best plank exercises for abs not only work your whole body, but also help you maximize your workout effects and promote your movement quality. Check out now – from VKool.com!
Plank Exercises For Abs – 14 Best Tips For Sexy Abs
1. Plank To Pike
To practice this exercise, you first get in the plank with the feet positioned on top of either a pair of paper towels or a set of gliders. To have more challenge, you place the feet on top of the stability fall.
Then, you transition slowly to the pike position. Lift the hips and draw your feet towards the hands, keeping holding for about 3 seconds. Reverse that movement and then return to the beginning point. Do this exercise for 10-12 repetitions.
2. Twister Plank
- First, get in the plank with the paper of different colored positioned just outside the top corners of the mat.
- In case that you have a companion during the workout, you have him/her call out the different combinations at random, like the left hand blue and the right foot green. In case that you exercise alone by your own, you can make a list of possible combinations to finish.
- Keep holding each combo for about 3 seconds and return to the beginning position. Do the exercise from 8-10 different combinations.
3. Plank Out
- To start, you stand with your feet hip-width apart. Then, crouch down and touch floor with your fingertips.
- After that, without moving your feet, you start walking your hands forwards, getting your core for control.
- Now, walk your hands forwards till you are fully stretched into the extended plank. Reverse the movement by walking hands back to your toes and keep your core engaged till back at the beginning point. Practice the exercise from 8-10 reps.
4. Tick Tock Plank
- Similar to the above plank exercises for abs, you initially get in the plank position, yet this time, you need to get in a higher position, with your wrists positioned below the shoulders, your spine straight.
- Then, with the core engaged, you jump your right foot out to side, keeping your shoulders and hips squared to mat.
- Now, jump quickly your right foot back to the beginning point whilst simultaneously jumping the left foot out to side. Keep doing by switch up the sides.
5. Rolling Plank
- Start by lying on your stomach with your forearms folded in front of your chest, parallel with the top edge of the mat. Then, press up to your forearm which is one the plank, keeping your core engaged and head aligned with the spine.
- After that, shift weight onto the left forearm and drive the right elbow up and back, opening to the side plank with your feet staggered
- Now, return rapidly to the starting point and switch up to the other side for the second rep. Do this exercise for 10-12 reps to get the best results.
Recommend reading: how to get six pack abs
6. Walking Plank
In the forearm plank position, you start to laterally arm crawl the mat’s length. While doing so, you need to keep your shoulders and hips squared to the ground, your core engaged. Move the right foot and right elbow.
Maintain that position when moving your left elbow and left foot, crawling the mat’s length. Then, reverse the direction and return to the starting position to finish one rep. Do more two times to get better results.
7. Side Plank With Your Hip
You start by the side plank position with your forearm on the mat and elbow below your shoulder. Then, with full control, you drop the right hip towards the mat, hovering several inches above the floor. Press back up to the beginning position and repeat. Do the exercise for 3 sets for 12-15 reps with each set before switching up to the other sides.
8. Bosu Plank With Hip Extension
- You start by getting in the plank, holding the edges of Bose with the dome side down. Then, with your core engaged, you lift the right leg slowly.
- Return to the beginning position and repeat with your left leg to complete one rep. Then, do 8-10 reps. Practice this exercise for 3 sets with 8-10 reps each one.
9. Stir The Pot
- Start by kneeling behind a stability ball with your forearms on the top of the ball and your elbows under the shoulders. Then, press up onto the balls, coming to the plank with your core engaged and your spine neutral.
- Move the forearms in the clock wise direction for about 5 reps. After that, change the direction, circling the arms counterclockwise for 5 reps.
- Practice this exercise for 3 sets of 5 reps each one.
10. Plank-Up With Your Twist
- First, you get in the forearm plank and then press your right hand into the floor followed by left hand, rising to a plank.
- Then, rotate your body to the right and extend the left arm towards the roof for a side plank variation, letting the left leg to scissor over the top of the right with the left foot’s inner edge while outer edge of the right foot touching the floor.
- Turn back to the plank and then release the right forearm back down to the floor, then the left forearm, returning back to the beginning point. Repeat the routine for second, with the left hand start initially and come to the left side plank. Keep doing the movement without pausing, switching up sides for a total of 8-10 reps.
11. Plank On Toes And Elbows
- You initially lie face down on the mat resting on your forearms, and your palms flat on the ground.
- Then, push off the ground, raising up onto the toes and resting on elbows.
- Now, keep your back flat, creating a straight line from the head to heels.
- Tilt the pelvis and contract the abdominals for preventing your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
- Keep this position for about 20-60 seconds, then lower before repeating for another rep. Do about 3-5 reps.
- In the list of plank exercises for abs, this is a good way to build endurance in both the abs and back, and also the stabilizer muscles. This movement just requires a little bit of core strength.
12. Plank With The Leg Raised
- Start with your body down on the mat, on knees and forearms.
- Then, straighten gently your knees till fully up on forearms and toes.
- Make sure that your lower back is straight and the core is engaged supporting your lower back area.
- After that, lift one leg off the floor and make sure that the core is engaged and supply support, avoid straining your lower back. Keep this position for 1-2 minutes and start repeating with the other leg raised
- Do this exercise for 2 sets.
Check out: lower back exercises
13. Plank Punches
- Start with the high plank position. Keep in mind that your shoulders, your arms and wrist should be in one line and your back should be flat. Concentrate on engaging your glutes and core.
- Raise the left arm and then punch forwards, extending the arm straight out when you punch. Motion is controlled and slow; core is to remain engaged throughout the whole exercise, because this will support you to maintain your balance.
- After that, lower the left arm to the beginning point, your wrist and arms in line with one another again. You need to raise the right arm and punch forwards when doing with your left.
- Keep repeating the process by alternating between left- and right-arm punches. You should keep your core tight during the exercising process. Alternate the arms for 30-60 seconds. Take a rest and repeat. Do this exercise for 3 sets.
14. Plank With One-Arm Row
- Firstly, you get into the plank position, with your face down and every your hand resting on the kettlebell.
- Keep the back straight with glutes tight, then pull a kettlebell up towards the body and in a row.
- Now, squeeze at the top of the move, turn back to the beginning point and switch up the side.
Plank exercises can also help strengthen and tone your back, shoulders, thighs and butt. Therefore, this makes practising planks one of the most effective full-body exercises and a valuable move in your workout toolbox. Include these best plank exercises for abs to your workout routine so you can get in shape and have toned and sexy abs easily.
Share your thoughts with us by dropping words below the post. We will answer all soon.