With a hectic life, we have no time to think about how to eat healthily. Most of us just focus on the foods that satisfy your stomach and taste instead of its impacts on health. However, if you desire to have a happy and healthy life, then from now on, you need to reconsider your diet. A diet with adequate protein intake and exercise regularly helps you maintain a healthy body.
High Protein Food Sources – The List Of Best Foods Rich In Protein:
Protein is an essential nutrient which is indispensable for the proper growth and multiple functions in your body, including building tissue, cells and muscle. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. Protein mostly makes up hair and nails. It is also used to produce enzymes, hormones, and various tiny molecules that serve important functions. And, it plays an important role in building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Besides building the body, protein has positive effects on our health. For examples:
- Help you lose weight and prevent you from gaining it in the first place.
- Lower blood pressure.
- Better bone density and less risk of osteoporosis.
- Better sleep
- Stronger tendons and faster recovery from injury.
Like fat and carbohydrates, protein is a macro nutrient. This means that the body needs relatively large amounts of it. But excessive protein can cause a variety of body ailments – such as kidney and heart disease, constipation, and osteoporosis. For this reason, it is important to eat the right amount of protein to get its health benefits. So how much protein is enough? According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, not everyone needs the same amount of protein:
- For the average sedentary woman, the current recommended daily intake (RDI) for protein is 46 grams.
- For the average sedentary man, the current recommended daily intake (RDI) for protein is 56 grams.
- Pregnant women need about 10 more grams of protein than they did before.
- For sporty individuals, a daily dose of around 1g of protein per 1kg of body weight is recommended.
- Nursing women need 20 grams more protein a day than they did before pregnancy because they have to produce milk.
- After exercise, a portion of 15 – 25g protein is recommended.
Proteins are made up of a collection of 20 amino acids, which are linked together like beads on a string. 12 of these amino acids classed as non-essential and can be produced inside your body while we must get the rest from the diet. 8 amino acids we cannot produce and must get from our foods are called the essential amino acids.
The best food sources of protein include nuts, yogurt, lentils, beans, tofu, cheese, fish, meat, and seeds. Here is the list of high protein food sources that are nutrition and healthy.
This is the very first one in the list of the best protein food sources that I would like to introduce in the brand new article today and want you and my other readers to learn about carefully and try to increase your daily consumption if needed. When it comes to high protein food sources, meat should be first mentioned. Both white meat and red meat are rich in protein.
- Chicken breast: This is one of the most popular protein-rich foods. It’s wise to discard the skin, which is packed with saturated fat.
- Turkey breast: This big bird is similar to chicken breast in many ways. Being nearly fat-free with very little fat and calories, slices of turkey are almost pure muscle-making protein. As chicken, it is better to eat without skin.
- Pork chops: With high quality proteins that have branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), pork is vital in supporting muscle recovery and helping stimulate repair after exercise.
- Beef: This red meat is very high in protein and also a good source of zinc, iron, and vitamin B12.
- Beef jerky: Believe it or not, jerky is a snack food that provides a large amount of protein. It helps a lot in muscle-building. On average, one ounce contains about 70 calories and one gram of fat, but delivers 11 grams of protein
However, for those who are on muscle-building meal plan, such white meat with lean protein as chicken breast, turkey breast, pork chops are better than red meat because red meat has one more gram of saturated fat than a skinless chicken breast. The foods I mentioned above are actually some of the most wonderful protein food sources that you and my other readers should make use by adding them to the daily diet in moderation.
Eggs are not only among the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet but also among the most ideal high protein food sources. Whole eggs are high in protein, but egg whites are almost pure protein. One cup of egg white provides 26g protein. Particularly, if you are in the process of losing weight, egg white is the best choice for you. It provides enough energy to make you feel well all day. Moreover, eggs are one of the least expensive forms of protein.
Have you ever heard that an apple keeps the doctor away? Do you believe in this? Recently, many studies have provided powerful scientific evidence that the saying is in fact true. It has many benefits for your health. It helps strengthen immunity to fight diseases. Also, apple is one of the high protein food sources. Eating apple with its peel is the best.
4. Greek Yogurt:
Greek yogurt is a very thick type of yogurt. It contains about twice as much protein as regular versions. That is the very first reason why Greek yogurt is one out of the great protein food sources you will ever found. Apart from offering protein, it also provides gut-friendly probiotic bacteria and bone-building calcium.
If you are vegetarians, lentils are an excellent high protein food source for you. It is among the world’s best sources of plant-based protein. Along with supplying double the amount of iron compared to the other vegetables, lentils also give you protein and soluble fiber that lower cholesterol. What is more is that lentils are rich in vitamin B and folate which is especially necessary for women during pregnancy because folate reduces the risk of miscarriage. Actually, lentil is very good for health with a lot of amazing health and nutritional benefits, and it is also among the best protein food sources so that people should make use of this food on a regular basis for good!
Quinoa is a seed that is currently among the world’s most popular superfoods. Among whole grains, it contains a large amount of essential amino acid. That means it is completely high – protein food source. It is also loaded with calcium, copper, iron, potassium, which helps to prevent type-2 diabetes, asthma in infants, heart disease, gallstones and migraines. In fact, this is actually one of the most valuable yet easy to find and make use high protein food sources so that people should not skip and look down yet try to make use of it as much as possible on a regular basis.
Milk is an amazing high protein food source with a biological value just shy of that found in an egg. Normally, 28,5g milk contains 1g protein. For this reason, everyone should drink at least one glass of milk per day. If you cannot drink milk, you can use such dairy foods as cheese, cream, yogurt instead. Aside from providing a large amount of protein, milk has many benefits for your health. It contains a little bit of almost every single nutrient that the human body needs, particularly high in calcium, phosphorus and vitamin B2. In order to keep bones and teeth strong and help prevent osteoporosis, you should choose skim or low-fat dairy.
Another out of the best high protein food sources that I really want you and my other readers should make use to increase the daily consumption of this essential nutrient for good is broccoli. Broccoli is an extremely healthy vegetable that is very rich in protein compared to most types of veggies. 1 cup of chopped broccoli contains 4 grams of protein. Beside vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and potassium, it is also very rich in several bioactive nutrients that are considered to help in protecting against cancer.
This is a food that is high in not only protein but also iso-flavones – an estrogen-like substance – helping to prevent cancer and osteoporosis. Some studies have also demonstrated that a soy rich diet may reduce the risk of breast cancer. Due to consuming more soy and soy products, the rate of breast cancer in Asian women is much lower than in American women.
Seafood is also one of the best high protein food sources that you should not miss out. They are really healthy foods. It is loaded with various important nutrients, and tends to be very high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Another thing is omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in seafood are extremely beneficial for your skin and your hair.
- Tuna: Because tuna is typically low in fat and calories, what is left with us is mostly protein. You also benefit from a number of B vitamins and the potent antioxidant selenium in its flesh.
- Salmon: Like other fish, salmon is also very high in protein. Nonetheless, it is slightly higher in fat than other varieties.
- Tilapia: This fish is easily found at most fish markets. It will give you laudable amounts of protein to keep your muscles well-fed.
- Shrimp: Like fish, shrimp is low in calories, but loaded with various nutrients such as selenium and vitamin B12.
- Halibut: Among white flesh species, halibut provides a large amount of protein that is needed to build muscle.
- Crab: This is low in calories and high in protein. It’s also a natural source of omega 3 fatty acids, which can help to decrease the chances of having a heart attack, improve depression and anxiety, decrease your risk of cancer and may even help to improve memory.
However, you should remember that everything needs to be proper and sufficient depending on each person’s health condition and nutritional demands, so try to keep your protein intake from seafood in moderation for good!
This is also one of the best high protein food sources that people should learn about and remember to add into the daily diet for good, especially thin people and those trying to develop muscle mass.
This tropical fruit is not only good for digestion but also rich in protein, which makes it become an essential part of the daily menu. Basically, 100g banana provides 4g protein.
This green soybean is one of the few frozen vegetables that contain a decent amount of plant protein. It will also add to your diet a shot of vitamins, minerals and fiber. In fact, this is one of the highest protein food sources you will ever find and make use, so try to make use of it regularly.
Spinach is another high-protein vegetable. A cup of spinach supplies 5g protein. There is no surprise as the important of this vegetable is disseminated for children through cartoons.
14. Navy Beans:
With 8 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per half cup, navy beans are a fantastically cheap source of protein and fiber. They are very helpful for regulating your blood sugar and insulin levels. Enjoy them as a hot side, mix them with your omelet ingredients, roll them up in a whole-wheat tortilla or toss chilled beans in with your salad to boost your daily protein intake. In fact, navy bean is among the best and affordable protein food sources that people should make use for good by adding it right away to their daily diet.
15. Peanut Butter:
Instead of eating chips and bread when hungry, you can consume more healthy products like nuts. Nuts are high protein food sources. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, all are rich in protein and beneficial for the body. Furthermore, nuts help muscles strong and are also very good for your skin thanks to the rich in omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids. Additionally, many studies showed that peanuts with a large amount of fiber and magnesium can help you lose weight.
This is the last but very important and actually a wonderful out of the best high protein food sources as avocado contains high levels of healthy protein good for people at all ages.
Not like other high protein food sources, avocados are easy to digest. It can be processed into a delicious, nutritious and rich-protein smoothie. Most people think that avocados contain fat. The fact, however, it only contains healthy and essential fats that are needed for your body.
We all knew the benefits of avocados thanks to this article. How about avocado oil? Do you know any benefits of avocado oil for our health? If you not, you should read this article – The 10 Benefits Of Avocado Oil For Health, Skin And Hair to have more information about avocado oil – one of the oils that has powerful effects on health. Hope you can learn and make use of this article to earn a good health, skin and hair. In fact, this article is very informative as it reveals all the best details about avocado – one out of the most wonderful and high protein food sources that many people in this planet love. After reading this recommended article, people should consider adding this food to the daily diet on a regular basis right away, especially for thin people and those who are trying to gain some pounds and build a big and powerful muscle mass. The information revealed in this article is proven by science so people should read and remember to widen knowledge without worrying about anything.
This article has shown you the list of 16 high protein food sources that are proven healthy by science so that you should learn and make use of. I hope it is helpful for you – the readers of Vkool. If you find this article useful and informative and you do not want to make use of this amazing article alone, feel free to share for everyone. These foods in this article are natural ingredients that help you improve overall health.
If you care about the article, we are open to welcome any discussion about the topic. Leave your comments at the end of this post to let us know what you think. We appreciate your contribution and will respond all as soon as possible.
Related articles about some nutritional foods that contain high levels of good and essential nutrients and vitamin:
Top 14 Vitamin C Rich Foods: http://vkool.com/vitamin-c-rich-foods/
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to prevent canker sores in mouth naturally – 9 tips
- 17 Best Natural Solutions Of Treatment For Metabolic Syndrome
- 29 Best bodyweight exercises for shoulders
- Power memory formula review – is it reliable to read?
- How to stop being jealous of friends and others – 8 tips
- Aloe your miracle doctor review – Yulia Berry’s new guide
- Brown rice recipes: 13 quick and healthy dishes
- List of good and bad foods for depression and anxiety