Raisins work as natural laxatives that help to ease the constipation problem by loosening up your stool to move freely. So, daily intake of raisins will certainly help you to prevent constipation. Everybody including kids, adults, old people, youngsters, breast and pregnant feeding women should take the raisins to get optimum benefits in inhibiting constipation without any side effects. Plus, it alleviates the bad bacteria and keeps a healthy balance between the bad and good bacteria in your intestine which in turn helpful for proper intestinal system functioning. In this article, Vkool.com will show you 13 effective methods on how to use raisins for constipation. The writing collected a list of useful ways to use raisins for constipation from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these useful ways to use raisins for constipation in more detail!
How To Use Raisins For Constipation? 13 Effective Methods You Should Know
Method 1: (Raisins)
Using raisins are easy and inexpensive solutions for relieving constipation. General speaking, raisins are considered among one of the greatest dried fruits used for curing constipation. Simply, you can use them as evening snacks to remove the problem. Here are detailed instructions on how to use raisins for constipation:
- Firstly, take a small quantity of raisins and next eat them one hour after completing meals.
- This process improves the digestion process as well as movement of stool in order to regulate bowel movement.
- Or else, you can use the raisins in sandwich fillings, salads, cookies, cakes, puddings and other baked items.
- Raisins are nutritious and healthy snack that you can add them to toppings for salads, oatmeal, etc.
- Daily follow up of this method will definitely assist you to clear this constipation as well as other stomach related problems.
Method 2: (Soaked Raisins)
Here are easy steps on how to use raisins for constipation:
- Take a small quantity of raisin and next place them in a bowl.
- Later add water till these raisins are totally covered by water.
- Cover this bowl and leave it to soak these raisins for an entire night without disturbing it.
- Take out the cover in the following morning which we placed on this bowl and now eat these raisins on an empty stomach.
- You may also consume the soaked water while eating the soaked raisins to remove constipation.
- Continue eating these raisins together with water in every morning on an empty stomach to inhibit constipation.
Method 3: (Raisins – Oatmeal Cookies)
General speaking, both oatmeal and raisins are very good for coping with constipation due to its high fiber content. Thus, try these cookies to inhibit constipation yet not in overdose, take 3 – 4 cookies per day to secure you from this constipation as well as its discomforts.
What do you need:
- 1 cup of raisins
- 2 ¾ cups of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Large bowl
- Cookie sheets
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 190˚ C.
- Later take one large bowl and place white, butter and brown sugar.
- Gently mix together till it creates a smooth creamy paste.
- Now take the eggs and beat it and then add vanilla in the creamy paste.
- Take baking soda, cinnamon, flour and salt and now stir it well.
- Add raisins and oats in this mixture and now mix all of these ingredients very well.
- Drop this mixture (a teaspoonful) in the ungreased cookie sheets.
- After that, place them in that preheated oven and now bake it for around 8 – 10 minutes.
- Ensure to bake it till this cookie turns to golden brown.
- Take it out from this oven and leave it to get cool for some minutes.
- After it gets well cooled then you may remove it from this sheet to wire rack.
- Allow it to cool completely and later proceed to eat to remove constipation.
- Daily intake of the raisin – oatmeal cookies will assist you a lot in inhibiting constipation.
Learn more: 12 Beauty Advantages Of Baking Soda On Skin
Method 4: (Raisins Soaked Water)
Here are step by step directions on how to use raisins for constipation:
- 10 raisins
- 1 to 2 glasses water
- Take raisins and put them in a bowl.
- Afterwards, pour water over it and now cover it well.
- Leave it to soak for around 1-2 days without disturbing it till these raisins come to its initial size.
- Take out the raisins in the next morning and keep it aside.
- You should consume the raisins soaked water in the morning on an empty stomach.
- This process aids in regularizing your bowel movement and you may give the water to young children helping them to deal with chronic constipation as well as other intestinal problems.
- You can eat the soaked raisins all the day to inhibit constipation.
- Do the same process regularly till you got complete cure from constipation.
Method 5: (Raisins With Senna Tea)
The process contains effective laxative property which eases constipation. In order to use raisins for constipation, you can do as follows:
- Raisins – 1 lb
- ½ cup of senna tea
- Figs – 1 lb
- Prunes – 1 lb
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 2 ½ cups of boiling water
- Firstly, take senna tea and put this in boiling water.
- Leave it to steep for around 5 – 7 minutes.
- Later drain this tea and add raisins, figs and prunes into this tea water.
- Allow it to boil for around 5 – 8 minutes and then remove it from this tea.
- Then, add freshly squeezed lemon juice and brown sugar to it.
- Wait for some minutes for this mixture to get cool and lastly place it in a
- Blend it to create a smooth paste and keep this in one container and store it in a
- Use this mixture in order to spread it on toast or add it to hot water and consume this straight to treat constipation.
- Daily intake of this mixture will certainly help you to alleviate constipation.
Method 6: (Raisins With Other Dried Fruits)
Generally, this process contains both laxative effect and high fiber content on your body that helps to remove constipation and makes sure proper colon functioning as well as its health to inhibit constipation plus other stomach related problems. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use raisins for constipation:
- Raisins (¼ cup)
- Pitted prunes (1/4 cup)
- Currants (¼ cup)
- Figs (¼ cup)
- Prune concentrate (¼ cup)
- Dates (¼ cup)
- Take a blender and next add equal quantities of pitted prunes, raisins, figs, currants, prune concentrate and dates in it.
- Then blend them till it forms like one thick juice.
- Take out this juice and store it in an airtight container and afterwards place it in a
- Now take this dried fruit mixture (2 – 4 tablespoons) for once per day to remove constipation.
- Regular intake of this raisin with dried fruit mixture will certainly assist you to get cure from constipation.
Method – 7: (Yogurt Raisins)
Commonly, this yogurt raisin contains minerals and vitamins that are very effective for many health problems. Particularly, it contains iron, fiber, calcium, vitamin D and potassium which are very necessary for treating constipation. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use raisins for constipation:
- Yogurt raisins – handful
- Take a small quantity of yogurt raisins and next eat them to get cure from constipation.
- Or else you can include the yogurt raisins in any other forms such as cutting them into small pieces and chew them like that, add them in cereals, etc. in your daily diet.
- The high fiber content present in the yogurt raisins will assist to regularize your bowel movement along with boost up your overall health.
- Continue the consumption of these yogurt raisins will aid to inhibit constipation and makes your colon function healthily.
Method 8: (Raisins As Healthy Meal Ideas)
Here are detailed guides on how to use raisins for constipation:
- For breakfast, you can sprinkle or add raisins in oatmeal in place of adding syrup or sugar.
- For lunch, you may top the salad with abundance of raisins and then have this salad.
- For dinner, you may add these raisins in mashed potatoes or to the veggies that makes the traditional side dish into various recipes.
- Follow up of the meal ideas frequently will help a lot in alleviating you from this problem of constipation.
Method 9: (Raisins As Healthy Snack Ideas)
- Celery sticks
- Peanut butter
- Take celery sticks and next apply peanut butter.
- Spread the butter properly on this celery stick.
- Later sprinkle the raisins on the top of the stick.
- Have this as one snack in between your meals.
- Or simply, you can sprinkle raisins on your ice cream and then have this as desserts.
- Or you can also mix these raisins with peanuts, almonds and walnuts in one small plastic bag and then have this as one snack in the evening time in order to remove the constipation as well as other health problems.
Method 10: (Raisins With Milk)
Here are step by step directions on how to use raisins for constipation:
- 10 to 12 pieces raisins
- 1 glass of milk
- Take raisins and next wash them properly.
- Remove its seeds and then add them in one saucepan.
- After that, pour milk in that saucepan and put it on the heat or stove.
- Leave it to boil for some minutes and when once this milk is boiled then turn off the heat.
- Now take out these raisins and then eat them and also consume the milk to remove the constipation.
- Continue doing the same process frequently to prevent constipation as well as to gain a lot of other health benefits.
Learn more: 7 Health And Nutritional Advantages Of Raw Milk
Method 11: (Dried Fruit Lax)
- 8 ounce raisins
- 8 ounce prunes (pitted)
- 8 ounce dates (pitted)
- 3 ounce senna leaves (crushed)
- Sandwich zip lock bags
- Take equal quantities of pitted dates, raisins and prunes and next add it to blender.
- Later add crushed senna leaves into the blender and now blend all these things using food processor.
- Ensure that not to use any electric mixer for the process of blending
- Roll the juicy mixture into an inch balls and then freeze it in a
- Store this in the sandwich zip lock bags and put them in freezer.
- Now take out a bag a week and store this in the
- Eat this ball nightly and follow the same thing daily to get control over constipation and bowel movement.
- But ensure that if you are suffering from diabetes then you must note that a ball is equal to a fruit. So consult your doctor prior to using this remedy for curing constipation.
Method 12: (Raisins With Fresh Apple Juice)
Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use raisins for constipation:
- 1 cup of fresh apple juice
- Figs (fresh or dried)
- 1 small organic apple
- Take equal quantities of raisins and figs.
- Put them in the blender and next add an organic small apple piece and fresh apple juice in it.
- Blend it properly to create it fine juicy mixture.
- Consume this to remove constipation as well as other intestinal problems.
- Regular intake of the raisin – apple mixture for some days will definitely assist you to remove constipation.
Method 13: (Raisins Fruit Lax Recipe)
- 1 cup of raisins (seedless)
- 1 cup of prunes (pitted)
- 1 cup of dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 2/3 cup of prune juice
- Boiling water
- Take equal amount of dry fruits and next steam it over the boiling water in order to get soften it up.
- Later place them in the food processor and now blend it thoroughly till it reaches spreading consistency.
- Now add prune juices and orange juice to this mixture and after that stir it well.
- Refrigerate this blended mixture for some hours.
- Take it out and then eat the mixture alone or by serving this on toast, hot cereals, and crackers or in other food items.
- Continue taking this frequently till you got cleared constipation problem completely.
Precautions And Tips:
Here are few effective and simple tips that you can follow them while using these raisins remedies for dealing with constipation without causing any disadvantages.
- In the evening time, frequently have a small quantity of raisins as snacks to get relief from constipation rather than any other oily, fatty and processed foods that not only causes the problem of constipation but also results in weight gain as well as other health problems.
- Raisins are great substitute for sugar, as it works as natural sugars to prevent obesity, diabetic and other health problems. So, consumption of raisin bran is very useful for treating constipation as well as other digestive problems thanks to its fiber content plus other nutritional values.
- Even though after trying these raisin methods also you are suffering from constipation, thus you have to visit the doctor or healthcare provider to know whether there’s any wrong with your digestive system as well as get treatment according to it.
- It is always useful for you to use moderate serving of raisins together with sufficient amount of water as well as other fluids will give you with the necessary amount of fiber that further take care to inhibit constipation.
- You can also try using raisins which are immersed for an entire night with the combination of milk and cool water in the morning on an empty stomach will help to regulate your bowel movement.
- Intake of raisin bran frequently helps you to get cure from not only constipation problem but also from other intestinal troubles like gas, upset or bloating stomach, etc. also do not forget that if nothing has acted well then the raisin bran will certainly work to treat constipation.
Learn more: Diabetes Review
To get more information related to effective and useful ways for treating some health problem, go to our main Conditions & Diseases page. After studying the writing of 13 effective methods on how to use raisins for constipation, hope that this article will help you learn more some useful ways to use raisins for constipation. Constipation isn’t a serious health trouble, but it may be annoying, so add the raisins in the daily diet to get cure from constipation. But ensure to ask the doctor, if anything persists for instant treatment. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other treatments for constipation.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 5 Common early symptoms of astigmatism
- The causes of atherosclerosis disease – 9 major causes
- Natural chronic fatigue syndrome treatment – 20 healing diet tips
- 24 Burning Mouth Syndrome Home Remedies
- 9 natural home remedies for puffy eyes
- Rose water uses for skin and hair: 23 effective ways
- How to treat Lyme disease naturally without antibiotics
- How to enlarge breasts size naturally – the best tips & exercises