Most of us used to have abrasions in the past. An abrasion is known as a wound to your skin and it is not deeper than the epidermis.
In fact, it usually happens when your skin is damaged after suddenly contacting with a rough surface making the upper layer of your skin get rubbed away. At times, it may be caused by an allergic reaction or insect bite.
The abraded skin area looks worn off or torn. Other symptoms of this condition include oozing of bleeding or fluid, swelling, pain, tenderness, redness, itching or a burning sensation. Mild abrasions may not scar; however, deep abrasions can leave scar tissue.
It is more prone to get abrasions at the areas of bony areas such as the knees, elbows, and ankles along with thin skin than areas with more padded and thicker skin. Children also have more chances to get abrasions than adults.
Skin abrasions normally heal within 4 to 10 days, which depends on the wound severity. Though abrasions are popular and not a serious problem, it is very important to heal them properly as well as prevent infection.
You may apply home remedies for healing mild abrasions. However, if your skin gets deeply abraded which is still painful or swollen after 15 days, you should seek a medical attention. Today, in this writing, VKool.com will provide you with a valuable source of information about top 10 natural tips of deep skin abrasion treatment without any side effect. This writing shows you a list of 10 natural and effective tips to deal with deep skin abrasion with other natural ingredients from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. You’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading this writing to find the one which is right for you!
10 Natural Tips Of Deep Skin Abrasion Treatment
1. Clean The Abrasion
Remember to firstly clean the abraded skin area if you want to treat skin abrasion. This step will help you in eliminating all debris along with dirt and ensure optimal treatment. Additionally, it will assist in preventing infection.
- At first, you use the antiseptic soap with clean water to wash your affected skin area.
- Then you use a clean cloth to pat dry gently.
- Next, you pour some drops of petroleum jelly, moisturizing lotion or any antiseptic cream in a thick coat.
- Use this coat to cover your abraded skin area to keep it moisturized.
- Take a bandage or sterile dressing to keep this in place.
- Remember to frequently change the dressing for at least once per day.
2. Aloe Vera
This plant is also an effective skin abrasion treatment thanks to the skin-repairing and antiseptic as well as anti-inflammatory properties content in it. Aloe Vera may even keep your skin well-hydrated and stimulate the healing process.
- You simply cut an aloe Vera leaf and then extract its inner gel.
- Next, you apply this aloe Vera gel directly to your affected skin area.
- Let this gel remain on your skin and do not remove it.
- Do this process again for 2 or 3 times every day or until the wounded skin is healed.
Turmeric is known as a time-honored treatment for several skin conditions including skin abrasion. It contains natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties which protect the affected skin area from being infected and facilitate the healing process.
- First of all, mix the turmeric powder (¼ teaspoon) well with enough water and stir them well make a fine paste.
- Now, you apply this paste directly on your abraded area.
- Allow it to naturally dry on your skin and do not cover it.
- Keep repeating this way for 2 or 4 times per day within a few days.
- You may drink 1 glass of milk mixed with turmeric for 2 times daily to stimulate the ability to heal more quickly.
Also known as marigold, calendula can assist you in healing wounds along with skin irritations. It contains anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties making it beneficial in disinfecting as well as healing minor wounds which include skin abrasions. Additionally, it may promote the production of collagen helping to repair the damaged skin.
- You just crush some calendula flowers to get its juice.
- Then you apply this juice directly on the abraded skin for 2 or 3 times every day during a few days.
- Plus, you may apply the calendula lotion and cream on your affected skin several times per day in order to promote the healing process.
5. Neem And Turmeric
Neem, also known as Indian lilac, is a great skin abrasion treatment. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties contained in it, neem can aid in disinfecting your affected skin as well as protecting it against infection. Additionally, it is also beneficial in building collagen to stimulate healing.
- First of all, you prepare the neem leaf juice (1 tablespoon) and turmeric powder (½ teaspoon).
- Next, you put them together and mix well until you have a paste.
- Apply this paste directly on your affected skin area.
- Keep waiting for a few hours and rinse off with plain water.
- Do this again for twice or thrice every day within several days.
- Another option is to apply neem oil that is diluted with other oils such as sweet almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil on your abraded skin.
- Let it dry naturally and remember to use this for 3 times per day.
6. Increase The Intake Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a healthy vitamin for treating all kinds of skin abrasions. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that can boost your immune system to combat infection caused by an abrasion. Moreover, it also helps in promoting quick healing.
- Hence, you should consume foods high in vitamin C like oranges, strawberries, tomatoes, red peppers, and broccoli.
- You may also take supplements of vitamin C after consulting the doctor.
Learn more: 10 Best food sources of vitamin C
7. Vitamin E
Vitamin E has an antioxidant property which can accelerate the healing of abraded skin and help in preventing infection. It also prevents scarring if you have deeper abrasions.
- Therefore, you’d better apply some drops of vitamin E oil directly on your affected area.
- Gently massage it for 5 to 7 minutes to aid the oil in penetrating into your skin. Remember not to rinse it off.
- Repeat this process every day till your abraded skin is healed.
- Besides, you should consume more foods high in vitamin E like milk, olives, sunflower seeds, asparagus, spinach, whole grains, and avocados.
The leaves of plantain contain excellent healing properties that help in treating numerous problems such as minor burns, cuts or abrasions. Besides, these leaves have antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties assisting in relieving itching and pain. They are also beneficial in speeding up the treatment process and keeping infection at bay.
- You just take 3 to 5 fresh plantain leaves and then crush them into a paste.
- Now, you apply this plantain leaf paste on your abraded area.
- Let it dry naturally and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- You should apply this process 2 or 3 times within your day to heal skin abrasion quickly.
- You may also use ointments or plantain creams on your skin abrasions to facilitate the healing.
9. Coconut Oil
Another skin abrasion treatment is to use coconut oil. This oil may also help to heal abrasions thanks to the moisturizing, healing, and anti-inflammatory properties content in it. When you apply coconut oil on the abraded area, it will form a thin layer to protect your skin abrasion from being infected by dust, viruses, and bacteria. Moreover, it also helps repair the damaged skin tissue and thereby speeding up the treatment process.
- Simply put some drops of extra virgin coconut oil directly on your abraded skin.
- Let it naturally get absorbed into your skin and do not rinse off.
- Repeat this oil remedy for several times per day till your skin looks healthy completely.
Honey also has the ability to facilitate the quick healing of skin abrasion. It has antiseptic, antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful for healing the abraded skin as well as protecting your skin against infection. In addition, it also helps you to ease the chance of getting scars.
- You just rub some drops of pure honey on your abraded skin area.
- Use a bandage to keep it in place for about an hour.
- After that, you take the bandage out of the affected area and rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Keep using this remedy for 2 times per day within several days or until it is healed.
- Remember to cover the abraded skin with a non-stick aseptic dressing and change a new dressing on a regular basis.
- Avoid exerting yourself because it may make the wound bleed.
- Avoid exposing the abraded skin area to the sun because permanent hyperpigmentation may develop.
- You should apply some ice cubes on the affected skin area if there is swelling and bruising. Remember to use a thin towel to wrap it before applying.
- You should not wear clothes which can rub or cling the abraded area and make it worse.
- Avoid picking or scratching at scabs.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol because they will inhibit the healing process.
- Had better wear skin guards, kneepads along with gloves and elbow pads when joining in the sport activities.
- Always keep the skin well-hydrated to ease friction as well as prevent abrasions.
- If you have intense pain or persistent bleeding, immediately consult your doctor.
Recommended link: 12 home remedies for wounds healing on face
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 10 natural tips of deep skin abrasion treatment, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to heal abraded skin. All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for treating abraded skin. But you do not forget to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please freely leave them below, I will answer you soon. Also, if you know other tips of deep skin abrasion treatment, please share them with us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 15 Benefits Of Loquat Fruits And Leaves For The Whole Health
- 25 benefits of massage therapy with essential oils 2014
- Top 30 Vitamin E Oil Benefits For Skin, Hair And Health
- 14 Best coconut oil beauty recipes
- 6 natural home remedies for razor burn & bumps
- 10 easy resistance band exercises for men & women to do at home
- The 17 best antioxidant rich foods and drinks to fight cancer
- 18 sneaky tips to eat less and lose weight from nutritionists