Hands are the most important parts in our body as it gives us the ability to do everything. If you have weak and brittle hands, you will not be able to use the full punching power or perform any sport activity well. This article will provide you with top 26 powerful exercises to strengthen hands, fingers and twists. Let’s check out all of them below!
26 Powerful Exercises To Strengthen Hands, Fingers And Twists
Because your hands will have to stand sustained impact, you should protect and develop them to prevent and relieve injuries as much as possible. Today, I would like to introduce some of the best ways on how to strengthen your hands below. You should make sure that you train your hands every time you can because these techniques are very easy to practice and does not require costly equipment. Soon, your fists will become solid and your skin will get tough, then you should allow yourself to punch harder while minimizing the risk of injuries drastically.
1. Playing With Clay:
You may not know that playing with clay or putty is a great tip on how to strengthen hands and increase the range of motion in your fingers at the same time. In addition, you will not even feel like you are doing exercise. You just need to play with it as the kids: roll the clay into long “snakes” with your palms, squish it into a ball, or pinch spikes on a dinosaur by using your fingertips.
2. An Exercise Tip:
If your fingers and your hands feel stiff and painful, you should try to warm them up before exercising. This will make them easier to move and stretch. You should apply a heating pad or soak your painful hands in lukewarm water within about 5 to 10 minutes. Or else, to get deeper warmth, you should rub some oil on the hands, put on 2 rubber gloves, and soak them into lukewarm water within a few minutes.
3. Thumb Stretches:
You should try the following 2 stretches to strengthen thumb joints:
– Holding out your hand, allow the palm to face you. Then, you should stretch your thumb gently across the palm just using your lower thumb joint. Then, holding within thirty to sixty seconds. After that, you can release and repeat the exercise 4 times.
– Holding out your hand, allow the palm to face you. Then, you should bend your thumb’s tip down gently toward your index finger base. After that, you should also hold for thirty to sixty seconds. Then, you can release and also repeat this exercise 4 times.
Besides, you should drink juices and smoothies every day because they are also healthy and can boost your overall strength. Thus, I recommend you learning to make super healthy juices and special fruit juices to enjoy in a regular basis.
4. Thumb Touch:
This exercise is also one of the best tips on how to strengthen hands that will help to boost up your thumbs’ range of motion, helping with activities, such as picking up your pens when you write, spoon and fork, and even toothbrush. Concretely:
- You should hold out your hand and let them face your front while straighten your wrist.
- Then, you should touch your thumb gently to every of your 4 fingertips at the same time and make the shape of an “O.”
- After that, holding each stretch within about thirty to sixty seconds. You should do this exercise again and again for at least 4 times with each of your hands.
5. Thumb Flex:
This special exercise will also help to boost up your thumbs’ the range of motion.
- You need to begin with your hand out and facing you, palming up.
- You will need to extend the thumb away from other fingers as far as possible. After that, you should bend your thumb across the palm to allow it to touch the base of the small finger.
- Holding this within about thirty to sixty seconds.
- With both thumbs, repeating this exercise at least 4 times
6. Thumb Extension:
Strengthening your thumbs muscles will help to lift and grab heavy things, such as bottles and cans.
- Firstly, you should place your hand flat on the table. Then, you need to wrap a rubber band around one hand at your finger joints’ base.
- Then, you need to move your thumb gently away from the fingers as far as possible.
- Holding this within about 30 – 60 seconds and release.
- You should repeat this exercise 10 – 15 times with both 2 hands. You should practice this exercise 2 – 3 times per week, but you should remember to let your hands relax for 48 hours between 2 sessions.
In fact, as when you want to get any strong part in your body, if you want to learn how to strengthen hands, you should focus on boosting energy to go through the day and avoid manual tremble. Therefore, I recommend you consuming super foods to boost energy fast every day or learning exercises and tips to energize body.
7. Finger Lift:
Using this exercise, you will be able to boost up flexibility and the range of motion in your fingers.
- Placing your hand flat with the palm down a surface, such as a table.
- Lifting one finger gently at a time off of the table and lower it gradually.
- You should also lift every finger and thumb at the same time and then put them down.
- Repeating this exercise 8 – 12 times with each of your hands.
8. Pinch Strengthener:
This exercise will help to strengthen your fingers and thumb muscles. It will help to turn keys, open the food packages, and easily use the gas pump. In concrete:
- Pinching some putty or a soft foam ball between your fingertips and your thumb.
- Holding within thirty to sixty seconds.
- Repeating 10 – 15 times on both of your two hands. You should do this exercise 2 -3 times per week. However, you should rest your hands for 48 hours between 2 sessions. You should not do this exercise if your thumb joint is feeling pain.
9. Hand Grip Exercise:
Another common and simple exercise that guides you on how to strengthen hands is using a device called the hand grip. This will allow you to squeeze and apply pressure continuously to a lever type device, providing additional resistance. Some other benefits that this exercise brings about are:
- Improving your ability to do everyday tasks such as writing, typing, and carrying things.
- Simple to do this exercise whenever and wherever
- Improving dexterity (skill in performing tasks with the hands)
- Increasing your hand endurance
- Strengthening the muscles in your forearms
- Holding a soft ball in your palm and squeeze it as strong as possible.
- Holding for a few seconds before releasing it.
- Repeating 10 – 15 times on each of your hands. You should do this exercise 2 to 3 times per week. However, you should let your hands rest 2 days between 2 sessions. If your hands are suffering from an injury, you should not practice this exercise.
You should also learn ways to stop fatigue and tiredness because once you are stuck in fatigue or tiredness, you will not be able to use your hands with full power.
10. Claw Stretch:
This stretch will help to improve your fingers’ range of motion.
- Holding out your hand and let it stay in front of you with palm face you.
- Bending your fingertips down to touch each of your finger joints’ base. Your hand should look a little like a claw.
- Holding for thirty to sixty seconds and then let it out. Repeating this exercise at least 4 times with each of your hands.
11. Finger Stretch:
Trying this stretch, you will be able to relieve pain and also improve the range of motion in your hands:
- Placing your hand palm-down on a table or other flat surface.
- Straightening your fingers gently as flat as you can against the surface without forcing your joints.
- Holding within thirty to sixty seconds and then release.
- Repeating this exercise for at least 4 times with each of your hands.
Strengthen body in general, and hands in particular, should not be considered for just men. Even if you are a woman and you want to learn how to strengthen hands and other parts of your body, you can still get your dream with special strength training exercises for women.
12. Make A Fist:
Finger and hand exercises will help to strengthen your fingers and hands, give you pain relief, and increase your range of motion. You just need to stretch until you feel tightness. Do not let your muscle feel any pain. You should start with this simple stretch:
- Making a gentle fist, then wrap your thumb across the fingers.
- Holding within thirty to sixty seconds.
- Releasing and spreading the fingers wide.
- Repeating with each hand at least 4 times
13. Thin Gloves On Heavy Bag:
This little tip is very common yet powerful that guides you on how to strengthen hands effectively. In concrete:
– You will need to get 2 gardening gloves, which you can buy at very low cost, and cutting off the fingertips.
– Ensuring that your hands will be wrapped into the gloves adequately and properly.
– Punching the heavy bag just with straight punches. You also should not put your entire power into the shots as you can harm your hands and wrist.
– If you want to do uppercuts and hooks, you should use the same method on the double end bag.
You need to use big gloves to condition your arms surely. However, they will not condition your knuckles while actually, this exercise will.
14. Push Ups Using Fists And Fingers:
Maybe you have seen this exercise before or even have done it yourself because it is very simple and common amongst men. It is just a regular push-up using your all fingers and fists instead of the palms.
This exercise will help to strengthen your wrist and fingers as well. If you find it too hard on hard ground to start performing it, you should do it on a soft towel for each of your hands.
This is another ancient strength training technique that was used by the Shaolin Monks in China. It helps to strengthen all of your tiny bone fragments within the fist. Concretely:
– Finding a solid flat wall with the same height as yours.
– Hanging a large stack of newspapers in front of the wall
– Starting to gently punch the wall and continue with one hand from about 10 inches away. You should increase the power you use and distance gradually when seeing any improvement. You should not punch the wall with too much power. Instead, you should use just about 1/3 of your whole power.
– Switching hands and repeating.
Besides, if you want to learn more on how to strengthen hands within a short period of time, you should check out simple yet useful strength training exercises for hands.
15. Rice Digging:
The next tip on how to strengthen hands that I introduce today is that you can make use of rice, dig your hand into a bucket of rice to train the strength of your hands.
This is an ancient and simple martial arts tip that has been using in plenty of modern boxing and MMA gyms. Concretely, you should:
– Getting a big bucket of rice (you can buy it in some stores)
– Keeping all of your fingers straight and together, and start to dig your hands into the rice bucket.
– When you bring your hands back out, you should grab a handful of rice in each hand and squeeze before releasing it.
– Repeating this exercise over and over again.
The more regularly you practice this exercise, the solider your hands will become as it can build calluses all over your hands and toughens your skin.
16. Plate Curls:
This is one of the most common grip training methods and also the most difficult.
You should hook your thumb over the edge of a 25-lb plate and aid it with straight fingers and palm. After that, you need to attempt to perform a curl with the plate, keeping your fingers and wrist from buckling under the pressure.
17. Towel Training:
You can use towels for instant dynamic and thick gripping surfaces while making sure that it is strong enough that will not rip. For example, you should loop a towel over a bar as the rope to pull-ups and practice pull-ups, attach one to a cable machine for rows and pull-downs, or around a kettle bell to get an even more metabolic and dynamic way to train the grip.
18. Two Hands Pinch:
You should put 2 plates together smooth-sides-out. After that, you will need to run a pipe throughout the center hole while adding more weight to the pipe. Then, you should grip the set up in an overhand grip and attempt to lift it to lockout. If you want, you can just perform repetitions, go for maximum weight lifted, or even just hold for time. The practice that I showed you above are the adjustable device used in a lot of strength contests for grip.
19. Dropping The Straps:
So as to start challenging and strengthening your hand and for starting to build a grip which will enable you to crush hands of other men, as well as for producing the lower arm strength that is a huge asset in other forms of fitness and strength training, manual labor, and sports; the first thing you need to do is reducing the use of gripping aids, such as lifting straps, in the gym drastically. Of course, when you achieve the higher levels of the pulling strength of your own in movements, like rows and deadlifts, by all means strap in. Therefore, you will get your repetition goal even on the lighter sets, and this means that you really do not need to use any strap.
Besides, if you want to increase your overall strength, you should get an individual strength training course.
20. Wrist Extension & Flexion:
Start this exercise by placing the forearm on a table, on a rolled-up towel. Pad with your hand, hang off the edge of the table, then palm down.
Next, move your hand upward like a gentle stretch. Come back to the starting position. Repeat the motions above with your elbow bent at a body side and palm, facing up.
21. Wrist Supination Or Pronation:
This exercise is easy to perform. Sit or stand with your arms at the 2 body sides. An elbow is bent at 90 degrees, then palm, facing down. Next, rotate a forearm, so the palm can face up and down.
22. Wrist Ulnar Or Radial Deviation:
This exercise works to strengthen your wrists like wrist extension exercise above. Place the forearm on a table, on a rolled-up towel. Pad on the knee and thumb upward. Next, move your twist down and up through a full range of the motions.
23. Plate Curls:
Plate curls exercises can help you develop finger strength drastically. To start, hook the thumb over the edge of a plate (about 25 lbs) and support it with the palm and fingers. Next, perform a curl; try to keep the fingers and wrist from buckling. This is a basic grip training approach, yet it quite difficult to practice.
Stand a 40-lb dumbbell. Try to lift this dumbbell with 1 hand in a claw grip. Claw anumbers of each grip you want. Once you get it. Dumbbell is vary in levels of difficulty, based on its shape and training method.
24. Sledgehammer Twist:
Tie a 24-inch rope to a 2.5-pound weight plate. Tie another end of the rope to a sledgehammer. Hold the hammer with 2 hands, at waist height. Keep the hammer to be parallel to the floor. Next, rotate the handle in order to the strap can wrap around it and hoist the plate up. Keep doing until the plate can touch the handle, and unroll it to the ground. The set 1 is completed. Next, change the direction of rolling to start the next sets with the hand in front.
The exercise works with wrist extension and flexion while it forces you to strengthen your wrist in different directions.
25. Wrist Rolls:
Use a rope, and attach a weight to one side of the rope. Then tie another side of the rope to the center of a rod. Hold it by the stick; your palms face down; roll up the weight, firstly to the stick and then to the ground.
26. Clubbell Wrist:
This interesting wrist exercise use clubbell to practice. Firstly, have the arm by its side. Hold the clubbell at the end of handle. Use your wrists to point the clubbell as far as possible, then turn it down again. If you are a beginner, start with a light clubbell and work your hand and twist strength routine up.
When it comes to exercises to strengthen hands, fingers and twists, all of you can search for Clubbell Flow Evelution to enhance your twist strength.
All of the 26 exercises to strengthen hands, fingers and twists are from a lot of people out there. I have studied them for a long time, and now, I am glad to share them with anyone who desires to get strong hand quickly.
If you feel these 26 exercises to strengthen hands, fingers and twists I offer in this article are really useful for your current expectation, just feel free to leave all your comments/feedbacks at the end of this post. We appreciate your contribution and will respond all as soon as possible.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Qigong exercises for digestion, sleep & hypertension
- 15 Easy Ways On How To Use Coconut Oil For Stretch Marks Removal
- Best vitamins for dry skin and scalps – 7 important nutrients
- 30 best exercises for shoulder pain relief
- List of warm up exercises before workout at home or gym
- Easy tips to wake up early & get out of bed fast in the morning
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Epsom Salt
- How to increase good cholesterol – HDL naturally in the body