Are you suffering from ugly stretch marks? Are you finding the natural solutions for this skin condition? Recently, VKool.com made a writing of the top 32 natural stretch mark treatment tips at home. This writing is a collection of natural and safe tips for stretch marks from reliable sources. If you have any skin disease, please make sure that you will consult with your medical practitioner before following stretch mark treatment tips presented in this article.
Top 32 Natural Stretch Mark Treatment Tips For You To Use At Home
1. Remove Stretch Marks By Following A Balanced Diet
To remove stretch marks, you not only need to keep your skin well hydrated, but also need to keep it well nourished. Because, lack of nutrients in your body may never give you full benefits of lotions, masks, creams, oils, or any other things you use externally on your skin. To eat well, you need to:
- Have a proper amount of proteins on a daily basis through eating foods such as beans, fish, nuts, egg whites, peanuts, almonds, yogurt, seeds like pumpkin, squash & watermelon seeds
- Eat foods that are high in vitamin C & E to encourage the growth of your skin tissues. The natural sources of these vitamins are peppers, guavas, broccoli, gooseberries, dark leafy greens, papaya, strawberries, oranges, kale, olive oil, spinach, nuts, wheat, and tropical fruits like kiwi
- Eat seeds & nuts that are rich in mineral content when you are pregnant. These foods will help tone up your skin well.
- Avoid saturated fats in your daily diet because they will make you gain weight. Obesity will cause stretching of the skin and give you ugly stretch marks.
Learn more: 24 Healthy Diet For Pregnant Women
2. Physical Exercise
Physical exercise is one of the simplest stretch mark treatment tips at home. Some of physical exercises like abdominal crunches, swimming, sit-ups and more will help tone the underlying muscles & reduce ugly stretch marks. Here are some simple exercises that are beneficial to reduce stretch marks:
For ugly stretch marks on buttocks & hips
- Step 1 – you lie down flat on back
- Step 2 – relax for a few minutes
- Step 3 – then, you lift one leg to create a 90 degree angle
- Step 4 – you lift it until feeling a pull on buttocks
- Step 5 – perform the same on another leg
- Step 6 – slowly, increase your pace & strain on the buttocks, hips, & thighs
For ugly stretch marks on thighs
- Step 1 – you sit straight on a chair
- Step 2 – put hands down to your sides and hold the chair
- Step 3 – swing your legs in the up & down motion – this movement will help firm your thighs
For ugly stretch marks on bottom
- Step 1 – you lie down facing to the floor
- Step 2 – put arms on the side
- Step 3 – lift the right leg up & down
- Step 4 – repeat the same with the left leg
- Step 5 – raise your legs at least 3 to 6 inches off the floor
For ugly stretch marks on stomach
- Step 1 – you lie down flat on back
- Step 2 – bend your knees and keep the feet flat on floor
- Step 3 – keep hands on the sides of the head
- Step 4 – lift the upper body somewhat off floor, and contract your abs
Note: to get best results, you should practice 20 lifts for each of exercises three times a week.
If you want to know another stretch mark treatment, keep reading!
3. Multivitamin Supplement
Taking multivitamin supplement will help you speed the healing process and will improve your health in general. The essential vitamins and minerals will provide you with more benefits than you could have possibly imagined, in addition to speeding up the healing time of the stretch marks.
For example, zinc is one of awesome minerals that your body needs to treat your stretch marks. You really need to make sure you have enough zinc in your body, either through supplementation or via food sources like oysters, wheat germ, veal liver, peanuts, or seeds like sesame, pumpkin and squash. This is one of essential minerals required for numerous bodily processes, but in case you are only concerned about what it does to heal stretch marks, you need to know that it reduces wound healing time (quicker healing for the micro needling wounds) and helps ward off infections. Zinc is also needed by the body to create its own collagen.
Note: Speaking with your doctor before starting multivitamin supplement is especially important if you have a condition that may be aggravating by any of supplements, actions, or foods. Anything at all may cause an allergic reaction so start slow and do tolerance testing by using small dosages. Iron, for instance, causes constipation in some people, so your doctor may advise that you take a multivitamin without iron in it. Chlorella, for instance, activates the immune system so if you have any type of autoimmune disorder your doctor may advise you to avoid chlorella.
Learn more: Top 14 Positive And Side Effects Of Supplements
4. Increase Collagen & Elastin
Collagen is a group of proteins that occur naturally. Elastin is a protein that is found within your body and skin's connective tissues. Many people do not make enough collagen & elastin to prevent stretch marks naturally because of a poor diet or unhealthy lifestyle. Many of the lotions and creams sold for anti-aging and stretch mark purposes are useless because the collagen and elastin molecules are too large to penetrate the skin effectively
To get collagen & elastin externally, you should use the pure aloe vera gel, which contains plant collagens. Aloe not only provides an amount of collagen and elastin, it also nourishes the skin, and helps you get a healthy and strong skin to be resistant to stretch marks. To get collagen and elastin internally, you should consume more of the following foods on a regular basis. These foods will help boost collagen production and benefit the skin in many ways.
- Foods rich in vitamin C – these foods help your own body increase its production of collagen and elastin. Vitamin C is a major part of the collagen synthesis process. Your body simply cannot make adequate levels of collagen without adequate levels of bioavailable Vitamin C
- Fruits and vegetables, which are red in color – red plant foods contain high amounts of lycopenes that help your body to boost collagen production naturally.
- Leafy green vegetables like spinach, kale, cabbage – these vegetables are rich in the vitamin c and lutein.
- Chia seeds – you would be surprised at how healthy chia seeds are for you. Chia seeds supply omega 3 fatty acids and a lot of fiber, help increased energy, and provide hydrophillic colloids that are the substances composing most of our cells. The main reason chia seeds help with stretch marks is their essential fatty acids. Your skin needs this stuff to thrive.
- Nuts – just like the chia seeds, these nuts provide omega 3 fatty acids
- Exercise – exercising causes sweating that is good for skin and helps remove toxins. Exercising makes sure that nutrients, blood & oxygen are making their way to all parts of your body, including your skin.
- Zinc is needed for your body to make its own collagen
Chlorella is a microscopic plant that grows in fresh water. It is a microalgae and they've been around for billions of years. It contains a very wide variety of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, protein, phytochemicals, nucleic acids and chlorophyll. Each of these nutrients comes with their own set of benefits.
Chlorella contains a growth factor referred to as Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF)
Those of you in the health and nutrition field will recognize that “growth factor” refers to immune building substances. CGF is great for healing stretch marks because it stimulates and facilitates tissue repair. CGF also does a good job of treating damage that even traditional methods could not heal.
Taking chlorella before, during and after the micro needling will put your skin at a huge advantage. Start chlorella with a small dosage because it can detox your body and gradually increase your dosage. It can also cause sensitivity to sun, so you should take it a few times a week.
Chlorella is not a supplement – chlorella is an actual food that brings the nutrients you need. When purchasing chlorella, make sure you get a broken cell wall chlorella product. You cannot digest chlorella normally because it has a tough cell wall that your stomach acids cannot touch. Breaking down the cell wall allows you to access
You will discover another herb for stretch mark treatment in the next part, so continue reading!
6. Gotu Kola
Gotu kola is a great stretch mark treatment solution. It repairs connective tissues and helps with scar treatment by promoting collagen synthesis and distribution. This synthesis and distribution encourage collagen fibers to “scatter” around injury sites in a basket weave type pattern, instead of aligned closely together, which causes the scar to be visible in the first place.
7. Drink More Water
When skin is dehydrated, it is not in an optimal state for healing. It is in a weakened state. Providing your skin with water ensures that you have enough blood volume to circulate necessary oxygen and nutrients correctly, allowing your skin to heal actually.
Fluid travels between cells of all the fluid in your body. Supplying too little fluid causes cells to die. When you are trying to repair and heal something, the absolute last thing you want is dehydration because it causes a large amount of potentially healthy cells to die.
Learn more: 27 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water Daily
8. Increase Vitamin E Intake
Vitamin E capsules have proven to be effective in treating stretch mark condition. Therefore, you can combine this vitamin with natural ingredients to create the most effective cure for stretch marks. In addition, you can eat foods that are rich in vitamin E to help improve and restore your skin health naturally and quickly. The natural sources of vitamin E are broccoli (cooked), shellfish (shrimp), pumpkin and squash (cooked butternut squash), plant oils (olive oil), fish (rainbow trout), sunflower seeds (roasted), avocados, spinach (cooked), nuts (almonds), and tofu (light, silken)
9. Cocoa Butter Cream
Cocoa butter is a natural remedy used widely to reduce stretch marks. Cocoa butter is a smart choice for those who want to get a soft and smooth skin.
To make a stretch mark treatment cream using this ingredient you will need:
- 1 cup of cocoa butter
- 2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ oil
- 4 tablespoons of beeswax grated into small pieces
Add all these ingredients into a small saucepan on the stove until the wax melts. Let cool and then preserve this mixture in a container and in the refrigerator. You should use this homemade ice cream daily to achieve the desired results.
10. Avocado Cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 6 Vitamin E capsules and add a few drops of liquid zinc
Mix all the ingredients together into a blender until the mixture is formed a paste. Then, apply the mixture to your stretch marks, for about 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. If you want to use this mixture in a long period, add a little lemon juice to preserver better ingredients and let it stay in the fridge.
Learn more: 10 Quick And Easy Avocado Recipes
11. Vegetable Tallow
Vegetable tallow is rich in vitamin A, and it is used in combination with herbal oils to moisturize and whiten skin. Essential oils of lavender, rosemary, peppermint or citrus essential oils can be added to the mixture to achieve greater efficiency. However, note that during pregnancy, you should avoid contacting with rosemary oil and peppermint oil. When using essential oils extracted from nature, you should only use a small amount to have the best results.
12. Food Sources Rich In Zinc
Another solution you can take to speed up the process of treating stretch marks is regularly exfoliating and increasing zinc intake. Exfoliation helps reconstruct the skin cells, while zinc can stretch and smoothen the skin. In addition, zinc is an important factor in the production of collagen. Food sources of zinc include oysters sea, wheat germ, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds or peanuts. The addition of these foods into daily meals is a practical solution for you.
To know other stretch mark treatment tips you should read the next part of this writing.
13. Use Egg Whites With Olive Oil To Treat Stretch Marks
Egg is a rich source of protein. To deal with stretch marks, you can use some drops of olive oil and the egg whites that contain amino acids & proteins
- Step 1 – gently whip the whites of 2 eggs with a fork
- Step 2 – clean your affected skin area with the water
- Step 3 – apply a thick layer of the egg whites onto your stretch mark areas with a makeup brush
- Step 4 – let the egg whites dry completely
- Step 5 – rinse your skin with cold water
- Step 6 – finally apply some drops of olive oil on your skin to keep your skin moisturized – you should repeat this process daily for at least 2 weeks and then watch for positive results
Options: You can apply only the egg whites onto stretch mark areas, then wait about 15-20 minutes to dry and then rinse off with clean cold water. If you perform a daily basis, you can completely remove stretch marks.
Learn more: 18 Health & Beauty Benefits Of Olive Oil
14. Treat Stretch Marks With Turmeric
You take a pounding turmeric chopped off, then soaked with alcohol about 7 days, then, you apply this mixture onto your stretch marks. This is one of the popular remedies for stretch marks that is popularly used by ancients.
Learn more: 22 Home Remedies For Stretch Marks And Cellulite
15. Aloe Vera With Pears
This remedy is quite effective for pregnant women who have stretch marks. To make this remedy you need to prepare:
- 1 ripe pear (already peeled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of aloe
- 4 vitamin E capsules
Directions: puree 1 ripe pear (already peeled) with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3 tablespoons of aloe and vitamin E 4 (capsule form). Stir this mixture and apply to your stretch marks around 20-30 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. Also, you can cut the pear into thin pieces, apply on face and eye area for 2 hours to cool the skin, bright eyes and reduce puffiness of the face.
Learn more: 16 Positive And Side Effects Of Aloe Vera Juice
16. Daily Warm Bath & Drink More Milk
Many people think that milk just brings tonic effects, but few people think to drink milk to cure stretch marks. In fact, the milk contributes very well to treat stretch marks. Pregnant women can drink more water and milk to limit the risk of stretch marks and reduce bad pigmentation. In addition, daily warm bath also helps keep your skin soft, increase the elasticity and limit stretch mark condition. Besides, you can apply fresh cow milk to massage stretch mark areas every night before bed. This solution also is effective in beating stretch marks quickly.
Learn more: 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Milk
17. Delete Stretch Marks Through Exfoliation & Moisturizing Products
You can prepare a mixture to exfoliate your dead skin and moisturize skin stretch mark areas at home with ingredients such as:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
Directions: Add 4 tablespoons olive oil, 4 tablespoons of aloe vera and 1 tablespoon of sugar into a bowl. Mix all these ingredients together and put it in the refrigerator until the mixture become thicker. Use this mixture to rub on the skin stretch marks before bed.
Learn more: Best Natural Moisturizers For Dry Skin
18. Potato Juice
The potato juice is packed with vitamins and minerals that help foster growth & restoration of the skin cells. To make this juice you will need:
- Step 1 – cut 2 medium-sized potatoes into thick slices
- Step 2 – take each of the potato pieces and then rub them gently on your stretch marks for some minutes. You need to make sure the liquid from these potatoes covers all the affected area
- Step 3 – allow your potato juice to dry for about some minutes and then you wash it off with the lukewarm water
Learn more: 12 Amazing Health Benefits Of Potatoes
19. Vitamin K
Vitamin K is very helpful in stopping scars on dermis. This vitamin is found in green vegetables, such as cabbage, pickled cucumber, and spring onions. Make a salad of some of types of vegetables rich in vitamin K and consume them daily reduce stretch marks quickly.
Other sources of vitamin K are dried fruit (prunes), olive oil, soybeans (cooked), pickles (cucumber, sweet), asparagus, fennel, leeks & okra (asparagus, cooked), chili powder & hot spices (chili powder), brassica vegetables (brussels sprouts, cooked), salad vegetables (spring onions/scallions), green leafy vegetables (kale, cooked), and herbs (dried basil).
20. Glycerine And Lemon
Lemon is a good stretch mark treatment for women. It has a great source of citrus acid. To make a remedy for stretch marks using lemon, you just need to follow the following steps:
- Step 1 – put 1 to 2 drops of glycerine in lemon
- Step 2 – rub the lemon on your affected area gently
- Step 3 – repeat the process 2 times a day
This remedy will not only help reduce your stretch marks, but it will also keep skin moisturized.
Learn more: 41 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Lemon Juice
You will discover other stretch mark treatment tips in the next part of this writing, so keep reading!
21. Wheat Germ Oil & Calendula Oil
The herbal solution is an easy stretch mark treatment that is easy to prepare. Ingredients you will need to prepare are:
- One tablespoon wheat germ oil
- One tablespoon calendula oil
- Step 1 – mix these ingredients together
- Step 2 – apply this herbal mixture on hips, breast & abdomen to remove stretch marks
- Step 3 – rinse off the skin
22. Cocoa – Shea Butter Homemade Cream
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 tsp of cocoa butter
- 2 tsp of shea butter
- 1 tsp of vitamin E oil
- Step 1 – melt the shea butter & cocoa butter
- Step 2 – add vitamin e oil to this melted butters
- Step 3 – mix well
- Step 4 – store in a container
- Step 5 – the cream will get into the solid state when it cools down – you will apply this creams on stretch mark areas and then rinse off with water. You should apply it at least twice per day after having bath.
23. Oils To Combine For Treating Stretch Marks
- Olive oil
- Rose oil
- Lavender oil
- Geranium oil
- Frankincense oil
- Myrrh oil
- Chamomile oil
- Helichrysum oil
Everything you need to do is to mix certain oils, then apply them to the stretch marks. For example, you use ½ tsp of lavender oil, ½ tsp of chamomile oil and 2 tsp of almond oil
- Step 1 – you mix lavender oil, and chamomile oil with almond or the other carrier oils that you are using
- Step 2 – mix them well
- Step 3 – apply this oil mixture to your stretch marks daily
- Step 4 – do this way 3 to 4 time a day
Learn more: List Of 9 Natural Oils For Skin Care
24. Apricot Mask To Reduce Stretch Marks
- Step 1 – use 2 to 3 apricots
- Step 2 – use the lukewarm water
- Step 3 – cut the apricots and then remove their seeds
- Step 4 – crush apricots to get their paste
- Step 5 – apply this paste onto your stretch marks
- Step 6 – leave for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Step 7 – wash off with the warm water
You should repeat this mask everyday for a month
25. Lemon Juice
- 1 lemon
- The warm water
- Step 1 – cut 1 lemon into 2 halves
- Step 2 – take a half piece of the lemon and then gently rub it onto your stretch marks
- Step 3 – soaking into your skin
- Step 4 – do this way for about 10 minutes
- Step 5 – rinse off with the warm water
If you want to make a faster remedy for stretch mark treatment, you can mix the lemon juice with some other ingredients in an equal quantity (for example 1tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp of other juices). Other remedies you can apply such as
- Lemon juice with cucumber juice
- Tomato juice with lemon juice
- Potato juice with lemon juice
26. Castor Oil
Castor oil is often used in treating for a number of skin problems such as age spots, moles, wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines & pimples. It also helps you get rid of your stretch marks if you follow the following steps:
- Step 1 – apply some drops of castor oil to your stretch marks and then gently massage it into the stretch mark area in the circular motions for about 15 minutes
- Step 2 – wrap the stretch mark area with a thin and cotton cloth
- Step 3 – use a heating pad or a hot water bottle and apply the heat to the stretch mark area for at least 30 minutes
- Step 4 – repeat this process on a regular basis for about one month to see positive results
There are a lot of other stretch mark treatment tips in the next part of this writing, so you should continue reading!
The natural white sugar is a good stretch mark treatment that helps you get rid of your stretch marks quickly. In addition, you can use the natural white sugar to exfoliate your skin. Here are some simple steps you can follow to reduce your stretch marks:
- Step 1 – mix a tablespoon of the natural white sugar with some drops of almond oil and lemon juice
- Step 2 – mix it well and then apply it onto the stretch marks & other skin areas
- Step 3 – gently rub this mixture onto the skin for about 10 minutes every day before you take a shower
- Step 4 – do this remedy for a month or until you see your stretch marks are lighter
28. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is often used for stretch mark treatment. It owns anti-viral, antibiotic, & anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, tea tree oil is effective for all kinds of skin problems. To use tea tree oil for stretch mark treatment, you only need to take some drops of tea tree oil and then massage gently onto the affected area.
Learn more: How To Use Tea Tree Oil Correctly And Safely
29. Lemon & Honey
Lemon & honey is a natural remedy for stretch mark treatment. The combination of these ingredients will help you get a clean and soft skin. They also help fade your stretch marks easily. To make this remedy, you need to follow the following steps:
- Step 1 – squeeze 1 lemon and then extract the juice
- Step 2 – add a tablespoon honey in this juice and then mix well
- Step 3 – massage this mixture on your stretch marks about 30 minutes
- Step 4 – massage this mixture daily for at least 1 month (about 30 to 40 minutes before bath)
30. Egg Yolk And Olive Oil
- Step 1 – break one egg & use the yolk only because it is an excellent source of fat
- Step 2 – beat it well & pour a few drops of the olive oil into it
- Step 3 – olive oil is an excellent source of vitamin e, so you should mix it well and then apply this mixture on your stretch marks
- Step 4 – rinse off with the water
Applying this remedy will help cure stretch marks.
31. Milk, Almond & Almond Oil
Directions for making a cream for stretch mark treatment
- Step 1 – take some raw almond nuts & then soak them in milk for about 2 hours until you see they are soft
- Step 2 – grind them to a smooth paste
- Step 3 – mix some teaspoons of raw milk with this paste
- Step 4 – mix well and then apply it onto your stretch marks
- Step 5 – leave it until get dry and wash with the plain water
Learn more: Benefits Of Almonds For Health, Skin And Hair
32. Corn Flour, Coconut Oil & Coconut Milk
To get a quick stretch mark treatment nothing is better than coconut. Both coconut milk and coconut oil make your supple, skin soft & stretchable. In addition, they contain minerals, vitamins & water that hydrate, nourish & moisturize your skin.
To make a remedy for stretch mark treatment, you just need to massage coconut oil all over your body everyday twice daily. You need to massage your skin in a roundabout way still it absorbs the oil. Massaging also helps enhance the blood circulation & improve the texture of the skin. Furthermore, regular massage of the coconut oil can help to reduce stretch marks. Moreover, coconut milk is excellent to eliminate stretch mark areas from your skin.
Directions for making a cream for stretch mark treatment:
- Step 1 – take a cup of pure & thick coconut milk
- Step 2 – add 3 to 4 tablespoons of corn flour into it
- Step 3 – mix them well to make a paste
- Step 4 – apply a paste on stretch marks and leave it for about 30 minutes so that your skin will get enough time to penetrate stretch marks. You should practice this method 2-3 times in a week
Learn more: 31 Benefits Of Coconut Oil Supplements
To see all of our writings of skin care and skin diseases and conditions, go to our main Skin Care page. After reading the writing of 32 natural stretch mark treatment tips at home, hope that this writing is useful for you and helps you get rid of stretch marks forever. If you have any question or know other stretch mark treatment tips, please leave them below.