Everybody loves summer! Vacation, sun, sand, beaches and delicious healthy food are all there. Many people like to go out on sunny days to have picnics or host a barbecue party in their backyards. Therefore, in summer, people are happier, the living is easier with all the summer food ideas that everyone enjoys. However, not everyone has time, desire and creativity to cook, so finding some quick and easy recipes that require only some simple ingredients and easy to follow instructions is a good idea. In this article, we are going to show you some quick, healthy summer food ideas & easy recipes for family dinner, which you can cook even if you have a low budget, to get through the hot and exciting summer. Each idea takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and almost every ingredient is substitutable.
Healthy Summer Food Ideas And Easy Recipes For Dinner
1. Fish And Chips
We all know the health benefits of potatoes as well as fish’s. Today, we are going to show you a super easy recipe that includes two awesome ingredients above.
– 4 medium potatoes.
– A good amount of olive oil.
– 2 cups of corn flakes.
– Half a cup of whole meal flour.
– 1 lightly whisked egg.
– 600g of white fish fillets without bones.
– 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt which contains a low amount of fat.
– 2 teaspoons of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped.
– Get started by preheating the oven to the temperature of 190 C degrees. Line a sheet of baking paper on the oven tray.
– Pour hot boiling water in a large saucepan then put the potatoes there and cook for about 15 minutes or until they are almost tender. Drain it well and set the saucepan aside to let it cool slightly.
– Cut the cooked potatoes into several wedges. Place them on the oven tray that was lined with baking paper then lightly spray them with olive oil.
– Use a big plastic bag to contain the cornflakes then start crushing them using a rolling pin. Put the crushed cornflakes in a shallow bowl then place the flour and egg in different bowls.
– Next, lightly coat 1 fish fillet with flour then dip it in egg and cornflake crumbs so it is covered in 3 layers. Put it on the tray along with the potato wedges. Repeat this step with the rest of the ingredients.
– Bake the fish and potato wedges for about 15 minutes or until they turn into golden brown.
– In the meantime, mix parsley and yoghurt in a bowl. When the fish and wedges are thoroughly cooked, place them on a serving plate that you like. Serve this dish instantly along with the yoghurt mixture for the best results.
2. Lemon, Chicken And Parmesan Rissoles
– Half a kilo of minced Steggles chicken.
– 1 lightly beaten egg.
– 2 crushed garlic cloves.
– Half a cup of fresh breadcrumbs.
– 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh basil leaves.
– 1 teaspoon of lemon rind, finely grated.
– A quarter cup of chopped pitted Kalamata olives.
– A third cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
– A quarter cup of plain flour.
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
– Antipasto salad.
– Mix minced chicken, garlic, egg, basil, breadcrumbs, olives, parmesan and lemon rind in a large bowl. Prepare a plate with flour on its surface. Start to create 8 rissoles that are 2cm thick from the mixture. Lightly coat them with flour by rolling on the plate. Then put the coated rissoles on a big plate then cover them and put the plate in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
– Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees or 160 C degrees (with fan forced).
– Spray the oil on a frying pan then heat it under medium heat. Start to cook the rissoles for about 2 minutes or until they turn light brown. Then move them to a greased baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until they are thoroughly cooked.
– Serve the dish with antipasto salad.
3. Coconut Crumbed Prawns With Lime Aioli
– 8 large deveined, peeled green king prawns (tails intact).
– A quarter cup of plain flour.
– 1 egg.
– Half a cup of shredded coconut.
– Half a cup of panko breadcrumbs.
– Vegetable oil.
– A quarter cup of mayonnaise made from a whole egg.
– 1 small crushed garlic glove.
– Half a teaspoon of lime rind, finely grated.
– A tablespoon of lime juice.
– Flatten the prawns slightly with the palm of your hand. After that, add both prawns and flour in a large bowl then coat the prawns with flour by tossing them.
– Whisk the egg in a bowl then add a small amount of cold water in it. Mix coconut with breadcrumbs then place them on a plate. After that, coat 1 prawn with egg mixture then with breadcrumb mixture and put it on a plate. Repeat the same step with the remaining ingredients.
– Pour a reasonable amount of oil on a big frying pan then start to heat it. Add prawns in the pan and cook them for about 2 minutes on each side or until they turned golden and were cooked through.
– In the meantime, start to make aioli. Mix garlic, mayonnaise, lime juice and lime rind in a bowl and stir them up.
– The prawns are served along with the aioli.
4. Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta
– ¾ pound of spaghetti.
– 1 eggplant in medium size, cut into several pieces at about ¾ inch each.
– 1 onion in medium size, cut into pieces at about 1 inch each.
– 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into pieces at about 1 inch each.
– 8 garlic gloves.
– Half a cup of olive oil.
– A good amount of kosher salt as well as black pepper.
– 1 pound of quartered or halved cherry tomatoes.
– A quarter cup of fresh oregano leaves.
– Parmesan cheese, finely grated.
– Preheat the oven to 450 F degree. Follow the directions on the pasta package to cook it properly. Drain the pasta while reserving half a cup of the cooking water. Put the pasta back to the pot.
– In the meantime, toss the onion, eggplant, garlic and bell pepper on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Spray oil, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of black pepper onto them. Roast the mixture then rotate the sheets halfway through. Wait until the ingredients turn to golden brown and become tender. This process takes about 17 minutes.
– Add the cooked vegetables along with cherry tomatoes as well as the reserved cooking water to the pasta in the pot. Cook them under medium heat. Keep tossing the mixture until the pasta is covered by the liquid. This takes about 3 minutes. Then add the oregano to it and combine them together by tossing the mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and the dish is ready to serve.
5. Grilled Chicken Breasts With Peach And Cucumber Salad
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil and another small amount of it for the grill.
– A quarter cup of mayonnaise.
– A teaspoon of sweet paprika.
– Black pepper and kosher salt.
– 4 chicken breasts, including bones and skin.
– 2 thinly sliced pitted peaches.
– 2 small thinly sliced cucumbers.
– 1 thinly sliced shallot.
– A tablespoon of cider vinegar.
– 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves.
– Preheat the grill under medium heat. When it is hot enough, use a wire brush to clean it. Then spray oil all over the grill grate before grilling.
– Combine paprika, mayonnaise, a quarter teaspoon of each pepper and salt in a bowl. Use your fingers to loosen the chicken breasts skin then evenly spread the mixture underneath the skin. Use a brush to spread the oil on the kitchen. Put the breasts on a grill, placing the skin side down. Cover the breasts and start grilling them until the skin turns brown and becomes crisp.
– In the meantime, combine the cucumbers with the peaches, vinegar, shallot, thyme and the remaining amount of oil as well as a quarter teaspoon of each pepper and salt in a bowl.
– The chicken breasts can be served along with the cucumber and peach salad.
That is the end of this articleof healthy summer food ideas and easy recipes for dinner. Hopefully after reading this article, you will discover more delicious, healthy summer food ideas and delightful recipes for dinner to serve your family in the long and hot summer, bringing family members closer to each other.
If you find these healthy summer food ideas and easy recipes informative and useful, please let us know what you think by leaving a comment down the section below. If you have any question related to this article, please feel free to contact us any time you need.
Moreover, there are also other Food & Recipes related articles from our site vkool, please make sure that you pay them a visit. We are sure that you will find something meaningful and helpful to apply to your daily life.