Whether it’s for teens, adults or children, there are multiple ways to deal with a sore throat. Consuming herbal teas may be helpful in curing an inflamed throat. However, not all teas act on your throat in a similar manner. Several herbal teas can numb the irritation and heaviness in the throat while several other types of tea can help heal bacterial infection resulting in the condition
In this article, VKool.com will show you teas for sore throat: 9 best choices. The writing collected a list of best teas for sore throat from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 9 best teas for sore throat in more detail!
Teas For Sore Throat: 9 Best Choices You Should Try
1. Cinnamon Tea
To get relief from sore throats, you can try various types of spice-based, herbal, traditional or fusion tea. This is one of the best teas for sore throat. Here are detailed instructions to make this tea:
- Several pieces of cinnamon
- A cup of milk
- Ginger, powdered or shredded
- A spoon of honey
- First of all, heat the milk.
- Next, add the cinnamon pieces and ginger to this. Add honey to sweeten to the tea.
- You can consume this tea anytime, but gulping the concoction before going to sleep proves to be especially effective.
- If you’re intolerant to cow milk, it’s alright to use coconut or almond milk.
2. Ginger Tea
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it is also one of the best teas for sore throat. It has one nice aroma that improves the flavor of the tea. This tea helps the stressed vocal muscles relax. How to make this tea? Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- Ginger, chopped or shredded
- Tea leaves
- Honey or sugar
- Wash the ginger roots carefully. Make sure you use organic and fresh ginger to maximize the advantages.
- After chopping and crushing these ginger pieces well, you boil some water in one pot.
- When the water starts boiling, you add these ginger pieces in this.
- After one minute, add the tea leaves and sugar.
- Then, put off the flame and leave it to steep for some minutes.
- Add the milk and after that, stir well. Make sure you don’t use a lot of sugar.
- The ginger tea can be taken two times or more per day. Several people prefer not using milk.
Learn more: 9 Useful Ways To Make Ginger Tea At Home
3. Russian Tea
Looking for the best teas for sore throat, you should choose Russian tea. Aside from clearing congestion in your throat, this tea also aids in mitigating germs resulting in the onset of one sore throat. Here are step by step directions to make Russian tea you can follow at home:
- Orange juice or powder
- Black tea
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- You will need to mix all of these ingredients together.
- Pour into one container, and then stir well before using it.
- For every usage, you add four spoons of this mixture to hot water.
- You can also add a little bit of lemonade to this to enhance the flavor.
4. Honey And Lemon Tea
Honey is commonly known for its antimicrobial and healing properties and lemon contains natural acids that help to neutralize throat irritation. Also, honey helps layer the throat. Therefore, this tea is also considered as one of the most effective teas for sore throat. Here are detailed guides for you to make this tea:
- Lemon juice, a spoonful
- Ginger – optional
- Heat some water in one pot.
- When it’s hot, add the lemon juice and honey to this.
- Stir well with one spoon. Then, add some ginger pieces.
- After that, strain the tea and consume it while it’s warm.
- Honey and lemon tea can be taken three times a day to soothe your sore throat.
There are a lot of other healthy teas for sore throat presented in this article, so continue reading!
5. Sage Tea
In general, sage is a herb which can be used to alleviate an inflamed throat. Sage contains potent antibacterial qualities. It’s particularly effective as you have one sore throat along with fever and cough. You can use either dried or fresh sage to prepare aromatic tea. In order to make this tea, you can do as follows:
- Sage leaves, fresh or dried
- Lemon juice, optional
- Heat water in one pot.
- When it begins boiling, first add these sage leaves and boil for some minutes.
- Then, steep for a couple of minutes after putting one lid on the pot.
- Thereafter, add the lemon juice and honey to this and stir with one spoon.
- Consume this tea warm. The tea may also be used for gargling. It’s, however, not suggested for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
6. Peppermint Tea
The menthol present in peppermint works as a powerful decongestant and expectorant for the throat. To make this tea, you should do as follows:
- Dried leaves of peppermint
- Lemon juice – optional
- First of all, boil some water in one pot
- When the water boils, you add the dried leaves to this.
- After steeping this mixture for several minutes, strain it, and then add several drops of lemon juice.
- Then, you can strain the tea and consume it.
- Peppermint tea can be taken three times per day or so.
- Peppermint (fresh or teabags)
- 8 slices fresh ginger
- Juice of 1/4 of one lemon
- 4 cloves garlic
- First of all, peel these garlic cloves, and then whack them using the side of one knife to extract the essential oils.
- After that, boil the peppermint, crushed garlic, and sliced ginger in 4 cups of water for about 10 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon to taste.
- Consume it now
7. Green Tea
This is also one of the greatest teas for sore throat. It tastes awesome, is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients and improves your immunity significantly. Green tea can be used as one home remedy to alleviate a sore throat. Here are step by step instructions to make this tea:
- A sachet of green tea
- Lemon juice – optional
- Boil some water.
- Next pour this boiling water into one cup, and then immerse one sachet of green tea into this.
- Stir the sachet a few times in order to make the tea.
- After that, add lemon juice (a dash) and honey to this tea.
- But based on your option and flavor of tea, lemon can or cannot be used.
- It is taken a few times daily to bring complete relief to a sore throat.
8. Turmeric Tea
This is also one of the best teas for sore throat. Turmeric is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Its active ingredient, ‘curcumin’, contains powerful healing properties. To make this tea, what you need to do:
- Turmeric root, chopped and shredded into pieces
- Lemon juice
- First of all, heat water in one pot.
- When the water is boiling, you add these turmeric pieces and allow the water to boil for another minute.
- After that, add the honey and lemon juice.
- Strain the mixture and consume the tea. You can drink this tea two times per day or so.
9. Licorice Tea
Licorice helps decrease inflammation and loosens phlegm as well. To make this tea, here are step by step instructions for you to follow:
- Tea sachets or licorice root
- Red dates
- Crush licorice roots and ginger pieces carefully.
- Boil water in one pot.
- As the water begins boiling, you add the sachets or roots in it.
- Then, add the honey and ginger. Stir with one spoon and after that, put the flame off.
- Now add red dates.
- Strain the tea and enjoy it hot.
- You can take 2 cups of this tea a day.
If you want to know more about effective and simple ways for dealing with diseases, go to our main Home Condition & Diseases page. After reading the article of teas for sore throat: 9 best choices, hope you learn more some effective teas for sore throat. If you have any question, or you want to know other teas for sore throat, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other teas for sore throat to us.
Related articles on sore throat: