When the pores are clogged with dead skin cells, makeup, dirt, as well as various impurities and your skin’s natural protective oil is produced too much by the sebaceous gland, that skin natural protective oil is trapped under your skin, which causes a bacterial infection leading to acne. Stress, an imbalance of hormones, poor hygiene, poor diet, and several other factors are the common reasons causing acne and acne usually appear on your face, chest, neck, and back.
With several commercial acne treatments available, it’s difficult for you to opt for the right one because most of them are ineffective and expensive as well as lead to unwanted side effects. On the other hand, you may try using tomato as a natural, effective, and affordable acne treatment. In addition, this is also a superfood which provides you with numerous health benefits. Today, VKool will provide you top 12 natural ways to use tomato for acne without any negative effect. The writing shows you how a tomato can help to treat acne and lists the best effective ways to use it combining with other natural ingredients to treat acne effectively. However, you’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading this writing to find the best methods using tomato for acne which is right for you!
12 Natural Ways On How To Use Tomato For Acne And Scars
Firstly, take a look at to understand why acne is beneficial in treating acne.
- Tomato has the ability to balance the pH levels of your skin.
- It can help to close the pores, prevent bacteria, oil, dead skin cells, and dirt from clogging them.
- In addition, tomato has anti-oxidants which protect your skin from being damaged by the free radicals causing acne.
- Tomato aids in repairing the damaged skin areas on the cellular level as well as easing acne scars.
- Plus, the natural acid content in tomato is beneficial in restoring the natural oil balance of your skin.
- Tomato can moisturize your skin, which makes it smooth and soft.
- Moreover, tomato also contains potassium, iron, and numerous other nutrients which provide you with overall health and skin health as well as reduce the formation of acne scar.
- Tomato has salicylic acid which is a popular ingredient contained in many acne products in the market. This acid will assist in cleansing and exfoliating to eliminate toxins from the pores and thereby restoring the pH balance of your skin.
- Tomato is known as a natural astringent which keeps your skin wrinkle free and taught.
However, some people say that this superfood actually causes acne in a few cases. For example, if you consume fresh tomatoes and only use fresh tomatoes with using these natural treatments above to treat acne, they will help in clearing up acne and providing for your body with several health benefits.
But consuming canned tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce is another story. They process and package canned tomatoes with preservatives, excess salt, or BPA, which will exacerbate acne while paste and sauces often have a source of white flour, sugar, salt along with other ingredients causing acne.
Therefore, to get the best results of using tomato for acne, you should prepare treatments using only organic and fresh tomatoes which were grown without using chemicals and other pesticides.
You use tomato as a topical treatment or combine it with various natural ingredients which aid in clearing up and preventing acne. By daily consuming fresh tomatoes along with organic tomato juice and regularly using these tomato for acne remedies below, you will see a clearer skin in future.
1. Tomato, Lemon Juice, And Oatmeal
Oatmeal has the ability to exfoliate to eliminate toxins causing acne while lemon juice can help to kill the bacteria causing breakouts. Try using oatmeal combined with lemon juice and tomato to get rid of acne more effectively.
- Firstly, prepare half a cup of plain oatmeal.
- Next, put the oatmeal in a blender containing 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tomato.
- Blend them well until you have a smooth paste. If this paste is too thick, you may add in it with a little water.
- Now, use this paste to clean your skin and wait for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Finally, use warm water to rinse off and pat dry.
Note: To get rid of back acne, you should add some mint leaves to assist in reducing inflammation.
2. Tomato And Avocado
The combination of tomato and avocado is also an effective tip on how to use tomato for acne you should try.
- Now, you put a pot of water in the heat and boil it.
- You put the pulp of an avocado and 1 tomato in a blender and then blend them until they become a smooth mixture.
- Next, take the boiled water out of the heat and steam your face for about 15 minutes to help open the pores.
- Now, you apply this tomato and avocado mixture to your skin and let it aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash off and pat dry.
3. Tomato Combined With Yogurt
Thanks to many powerful properties contained in them,both tomato and yogurt are the effective ingredients to assist in treating acne.
- You firstly take half a tomato and mix with plain Greek yogurt (2 tablespoons)
- Now, use fingertips to apply this mixture to your skin and gently massage it in a circular motion.
- Keep waiting for about 30 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Remember to use a mild cleanser after and then pat dry.
Note: You may apply this way at night time before the bedtime and rinse off in the next morning.
4. Tomato With Cucumber
Another of top 12 natural ways on how to use tomato for acne is to combine it with cucumber.
- Now, you mix the tomato juice with cucumber juice at an equal ratio.
- Then you apply this juice mixture to your skin by using a cotton ball.
- Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes or till it dries.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
Note: You may rub cucumber and tomato slices on your skin to achieve the same effect.
5. A Smoothie Of Celery, Kale, And Tomato For Acne
The smoothie of 3 kinds of food and veggies is high in vitamins A and vitamin C, which is very beneficial for your health. Besides, it is also low in glycemic index causing acne.
- Firstly prepare 2 stalks of celery, 1 tomato, and 4 kale leaves.
- Put all of them in a blender and blend to get a smooth paste.
- Add some ice cubes in it and blend until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Drink this mixture 1 or 2 times per day.
6. Tomato And Garlic
- At first, you peel and mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- Then you blend garlic with 2 tablespoons of tomato juice in a blender until you get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste to clean your skin and wait for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water, pat it dry and followed by oil-free moisturizer.
- Repeat this process every day to get a beautiful skin.
Learn more: 14 Tips on how to use garlic for sinus infection
7. Turmeric, Whole Wheat Flour, Honey, And Tomato For Acne
Tomato has a rich source of vitamins (vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, K, and E), which helps to shrink pores as well as nourish skin. Try using tomato combining with turmeric, whole wheat flour, and honey to get an improvement.
- Firstly prepare whole wheat flour (1 teaspoon), turmeric powder (½ teaspoon), honey (2 teaspoons) and mix them well to make a fine paste.
- Next, take a half of 1 tomato and pour this honey mixture on this.
- Use this half tomato to rub the skin for 5 to 7 minutes and wait for another 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean water, pat dry and repeat this process regularly.
8. Tomato Mask
This is the simplest way on how to use tomato for acne you have to know.
- Simply put 1 tomato in a blender and blend it to get a smooth tomato paste.
- Apply this tomato paste to your skin and wait for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse off and followed by a cleanser.
- Repeat this treatment of using tomato for acne every day.
9. Tea Tree Oil, Jojoba Oil, And Tomato For Acne
Using tomato combined with essential oils is also a great way on how to use tomato for acne.
- First of all, you mash half a tomato into a smooth paste.
- Then you mix it with the jojoba oil (1 teaspoon) and tea tree oil (5 drops)
- You stir well and apply it to your affected skin and allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse off and repeat this way every day to reduce the appearance of acne.
Learn more: Benefits of jojoba oil for natural hair growth
10. Lemon Juice And Tomato For Acne
- Simply blend 1 tomato by using a blender to get the tomato juice.
- Then mix 1 tablespoon of this tomato juice well with 3 or 4 drops of lemon juice.
- You stir them well and pour this mixture in an airtight container and then store in the refrigerator.
- Use a cotton ball to rub this mixture to your affected skin area after cleaning your skin with water.
- Gently massage it in a circular motion and let it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, use warm water to rinse off and pat dry.
Note: Because lemon contains a high source of acid, is not ideal for people with sensitive or dry skin.
11. Tomato With Milk
- You firstly put a tomato in a blender and then pour ¼ cup of milk into it
- You blend them well and apply this mixture to your skin and let it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you use clean water to rinse off and do this again daily.
- You may store the remaining in your refrigerator.
12. Tomato, Camphor, And Honey
You may apply tomato mixed with camphor and honey as a natural treatment for acne.
- You just mix 1 teaspoon each of honey and fresh tomato juice with half a teaspoon of camphor lotion.
- Put them in a blender and blend well
- Apply this mixture to your affected skin area and let it aside for 15 minutes.
- You rinse off with warm water, followed by cold water to help in closing the pores.
Tomato For Acne – Precautions And Tips
To get the best results, you’d better follow the precautions and tips below when applying tomato to get rid of acne:
- Add tomatoes in the diet whenever possible. You may include them in sandwiches, salads, soups, sauces, and stews.
- Remember to drink organic and fresh tomato juice along with tomato smoothies on a regular basis.
- Before applying topical tomato treatments regularly, you should do a patch test to ensure that you do not have an allergy to tomatoes.
- Consult a dermatologist if these remedies do not give you any significant results within 2 to 8 weeks,
- Do not forget to apply oil-free moisturizer whenever applying these treatments.
- You can make these natural treatments in large batches and store them for up to three days in your refrigerator to be more convenient when applying them daily.
- Do not leave tomato on your skin longer than advised because it may cause itching, redness, dryness, or other irritation.
- Like any other acne treatment, tomato works best when you combine it with a regular exercise, good hygiene, and healthy diet. Hence, you should drink enough water, avoid carbohydrates and sugar, and consume plenty of leafy and protein greens.
Related links: Top 13 health benefits of tomatoes for men are revealed
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 12 natural ways on how to use tomato for acne and scars, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to use tomato to get rid of acne and scars. All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for treating acne. But you do not forget to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please freely give them below, I will answer you soon. Also, if you know other ways on how to use tomato for acne, please share them with us.