At the age of from 12 to 25, young people may suffer from some common problems including acne breakouts on face skin. They mostly occur on your face, shoulders, back, and neck. At times, some people also can get them on their thighs and buttocks. Acne can be very uncomfortable and painful. However, when they appear on your face, it may be embarrassing and make you lack self-confidence. Acne can include blackheads, pimple or whiteheads, etc. In this article, VKool.com will show you the reason why acne may appear on your face and how toothpaste can help you to treat acne well. In addition, this article will share the best tips to choose the effective toothpaste for acne and how you can use toothpaste to treat this condition without any side effect. This writing shows you the best ways to choose toothpaste and how to use it for acne effectively from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. You’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
4 Tips On How To Use Toothpaste For Acne Treatment
1. How Can Acne Occur?
Unlike common perception, acne breakouts are not caused due to the bad dietary hygiene or habits. It is a problem that has a tendency to genetic and is originally caused by the hormone secretion changes. These changes happen during times you suffer from stress, which includes periods of development spurts like at puberty as well as during pregnancy. So, washing your face or applying a strict diet just is not likely to help your condition improve in the slightest level. If anyone in your family suffers from acne, you will also have the capacity to be a victim of this problem. Here is why acne occurs:
- Oil glands in the oily substance and skin secrete is called Sebum, which coats your hair shafts and your skin to prevent dryness and damage due to exposing to the air too much.
- Sebum is released via pores in your skin.
- Acne develops when the hormones force your skin’s oil glands which are called sebaceous glands to produce too much oil.
- After that, the pores in your epidermis just are not able to hand the extra oil and thereby clogging the pore.
- Then the clogged oil will attract old skin debris to make an obstruction that could be a blackhead or a whitehead. To be more precise, a blackhead or whitehead is a widened hair follicle which is clogged with the dead skin cells and sebum. This will allow bacteria to live and cultivate.
- It is popular for the whitehead or blackheads to get inflamed. If you do not treat this condition, it will form a pimple.
- At times, the inflammation can happen deep inside your epidermis leading to the formation of hardened nodes, which in turn is infected and leads to acne.
- Acne may spread around causing papules, pustules, and redness. Acne may cause lifelong scarring of your skin and you should treat this condition as soon as possible to avoid having any scar on your skin.
2. How Can Toothpaste Help To Treat Acne?
The main ingredient of toothpaste is baking soda which is included in many home remedies and is proven to be a cure for skin outbreaks and pimples.
Toothpaste also has other ingredients such as alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and witch hazel, which are all effective drying agents and assist in reducing inflammation.
In addition, it also contains Triclosan which a powerful antibacterial agent contained in several other skin care products.
In fact, many people claim that toothpaste is really an antibacterial and thereby helping in reducing infection. This assumption is only correct to some levels. However, toothpaste also has some other ingredients which can work as irritants to the sensitive skin as well as promote the signs of inflammation and redness and make your condition more serious.
3. Which Toothpaste Can You Use?
Here is what you have to know before using toothpaste on your acne:
- Use the ordinary white toothpaste because it contains the ingredients like baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and Triclosan.
- Remember to check the fluoride contained in your toothpaste. Fluoride can be good for eliminating dental plaque as well as prevent gum problem, it can lead to an allergy when you apply it topically and lead to a rash. Therefore, you should opt for toothpaste containing the lowest content of fluoride.
- You had better choose kinds of organic toothpaste which are less harmful to your skin and most have no or very little fluoride. They have all the other ingredients you need for drying out the acne.
- Avoid using kinds of teeth whitening toothpaste because they have bleach. They may irritate your skin as well as aggravate your condition.
- If the gel of toothpaste does not have any skin drying ingredient, you should not apply these.
- Only use toothpaste after being approved by your dermatologist.
4. How Can Use Toothpaste For Acne?
Using toothpaste to dry out acne has been considered as a good treatment for many years. Click To Tweet It is better than several available acne creams for easing inflammation, redness, and skin eruptions caused by acne. Eventually, it may give you a faster treatment for this condition. Toothpaste provides you with easy and cheap benefits and you have got to admit that everyone uses toothpaste and has a tube in their bathroom.
You should apply this effective way by using toothpaste for acne:
- At first, you use warm water to clean your face and remove any dirt and excess oil on your skin.
- Then you use a soft towel to pat your skin dry.
- Next, you use an ice cube to rub the area around the acne for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Now, you squeeze a little toothpaste onto the fingertips and then apply directly on your acne as well as the area around it.
- You let it dry naturally for at least two hours.
- You’d better apply toothpaste at the bedtime because it will give the paste to act its wonder over many hours.
- The paste will draw out the impurities because it has the ability to dry and reduce the size of acne.
- After that, you use lukewarm water to gently rinse the dried toothpaste off the skin.
- Now, you pat it dry and then use a moisturizer to ease the dryness of your skin.
- Keep repeating for 3 or 4 times per week until the acne size reduces. Then you allow it to heal naturally.
Note: Avoid using toothpaste all as a facemask or over your skin. It will make your skin excessively dry out and lead to irritation, redness, and peeling.
Related link: Top 11 tips on how to use honey for acne scars treatment
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing about tips on how to use toothpaste for acne, hope that you can know more about the reason why toothpaste can treat acne and how to use toothpaste for treating acne. However, you do not forget to try this only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please let them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, if you know other ways on how to use toothpaste for acne treatment, please share them with us.