Being a vegetarian means that you will have the chance to live longer, lose some weight and get in shape. However, many people assume that vegetarians will not be able to find joy in food since they are not allowed to eat meat. Big mistake! There are a lot of food choices to make great vegetarian recipes & dishes more delicious, from hearty stews to fresh garden salads or a mock meat loaf. In this article, we are going to introduce to you many mouthwatering and great vegetarian recipes for vegetarians to prepare for your family’s dinner, giving you a chance to refresh the menu and make every family member healthier.
1. Rösti Casserole With Baked Eggs
This is one of those great vegetarian recipes which provide you with not only fiber but also protein from the eggs (vegetarians are allowed to eat eggs) that are good to get better shape.
– One and a quarter cups of plain Greek yogurt
– One and a half cups of turnip, grated and peeled
– 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
– One and a quarter cups of Gruyère cheese, shredded
– A third cup of melted butter.
– A quarter cup of fresh chives, chopped
-One and a quarter teaspoons of salt
– Half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
– A quarter teaspoon of whole nutmeg, grated.
– 30 ounces of frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
– 8 big eggs
– Cooking spray
– Fresh chives, chopped (optional)
– Black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
– Preheat the oven to about 400F degrees.
– Mix flour and yogurt in a large bowl and keep stirring frequently. Put Gruyere cheese, turnip, chives, butter, one and a quarter teaspoons of sale, potatoes, nutmeg and black pepper to the yogurt mixture. Evenly spread the potato mixture to a baking dish which was covered with cooking spray. Start to bake the mixture at 400F degree for about half an hour until they become bubbly. Take the dish out of the oven. Use the back of a spoon to create 8 indentations in top of the mixture. After that, crack an egg into each indentation. Then return the dish back to the oven. Bake it at 400F degree again for about 8 minutes until the egg whites are firm and the yolks do not move when you touch the pan.
– Cut it into 8 pieces. Garnish with some chopped fresh chives and freshly ground black pepper if you want to. Serve right away.
2. Mozzarella, Arugula, Tomato On Focaccia
This is one of those great vegetarian recipes that will provide you energy to work and make you feel fuller longer.
– 3 large tomatoes, vine ripened, divided into slices
– 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
– 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
– Black pepper, freshly ground
– 3 cups of packed trimmed arugula, rinsed and spun dry, chopped coarse
– Half a pound of fresh mozzarella, cut into thin slices
– Focaccia bread, halved horizontally
– 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
– Combine onion, vinegar and tomatoes in a large bowl then season them with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside to let the ingredients marinate for about 30 minutes.
– Start to layer mozzarella, onions, tomatoes and arugula on half of the bread. Evenly spread mayonnaise on the top of the other half if you want to. After that, press the top half over the bottom then hold it together using some tooth picks.
3. Vegie Patties Spiced With Wasabi Yogurt
This is one of those great vegetarian recipes since it looks and tastes like a real hamburger!
– 400g of canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– Juice of half a lemon
– 400g of canned cannellini beans, rinse then drain them
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 1 finely chopped onion
– 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
– 3 crushed garlic cloves
-1 finely grated carrot
– A third cup of black sesame seeds
– A third cup of peanuts, crushed and roasted
– 2 tablespoons of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon of mint leaves, finely chopped
– A cup of fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
– Rice bran oil to shallow fry
– 6 toasted burger buns, whole grain
– Lettuce leaves
– Sliced tomatoes
– Swiss cheese (optional)
For wasabi yogurt:
– A cup of plain Greek yogurt
– Half a teaspoon of wasabi paste
– Juice of half a lemon
– With the back of a spoon, mash the beans and chickpeas into a bowl. Stir in cumin, soy and juice then add garlic, onion, sesame seeds, breadcrumbs, herbs and peanuts. Season the mixture then combine it well. After that, shape the combination into 6 different patties. Transfer all of the mixture to a lined baking tray. Then cover and let it chill for about 30 minutes.
– In the meantime, combine lemon juice, wasabi and yogurt in a small bowl to make wasabi yogurt. After that, you can taste and figure out if more wasabi is needed. Season and then leave it aside.
– Heat a large fry pan with 2cm oil over medium heat. Cook the patties for about 3 minutes each side until they turned golden and cooked through. Drain those patties on paper towel.
– In order to serve, you can fill the toasted burger buns with patties, lettuce, cheese and tomato then use the wasabi yogurt to drizzle.
4. Black Bean And Cheese Enchiladas With Ranchero Sauce
A little complicated and takes quite a long time to prepare but I am sure it is worth all the waits since this is one of those great vegetarian recipes that you need to try!
– 2 dried, stemmed as well as seeded anchochiles
– 2 cups of water
– 1 cup of yellow onion, chopped
– 2 teaspoons of olive oil
– 5 sliced garlic cloves
– A quarter teaspoon of kosher salt
– 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano, chopped
– 2 cups of organic vegetable broth
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, no salt added
– Half a teaspoon of ground cumin
– 1/8 teaspoon of ground red pepper
– 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
– 15 ounces of canned black beans, rinsed as well as drained
– 8 ounces of pre-shredded Mexican blended cheese with a reduced amount of fat, divided into pieces
– 3 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
– 12 corn tortillas
– Cooking spray
– 6 tablespoons of light sour cream
– Preheat the oven to about 400F degrees.
– Mix 2 cups of water with chiles in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the temperature and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set it aside for 5 minutes. After that, drain the chiles in a colander over a bowl. Remember to reserve a cup of cooking liquid.
– Pour oil into a medium saucepan and heat it over high heat. Then add in onion and saute for 1 minute. Reduce the temperature from high to medium heat then add in salt and garlic. Keep stirring frequently and continue to cook for 5 minutes until they turn golden. Then add broth and the next 3 ingredients and cook them for 8 minutes until they become thickened. Remember to stir frequently.
– Pour the onion mixture you have just made into a blender then add in the chiles and the reserved cooking liquid. Remember to take out the center piece of the blender’s lid in order to let the steam to escape. Keep the lid on the blender securely. Keep it blending until you receive a smooth consistency then stir it in red pepper and lime juice.
– Combine one cup of cheese, the beans and half the green onions in a large bowl. Evenly spread half a cup of sauce in the bottom of a ceramic baking dish which is covered with cooking spray. Follow the package instructions to warm the tortillas. Take 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture and place it on the center of each tortilla and start rolling up. Remember to place the same side down in a plate. With the remaining sauce, pour them over the filled tortillas then top them using the remaining cheese. Bake these tortillas at 400F degrees for about 15 minutes until they turn lightly brown. Use the remaining green onions to sprinkle over them and serve with sour cream.
5. Winter Fruit And Mozzarella Salad
– 100g of rocket
– 1 pomegranate
– 2 blood oranges
– Half a lemon
– Some sprigs of mint, leaves picked
– 3 to 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 4 balls of mozzarella
– 30g of creamy pecorino
– Wash the rocket with clean water then spin dry. Get rid of the pith then peel the oranges. Divide them into two halves horizontally then break them into pieces. Seed the pomegranate then set them aside.
– Create a dressing with olive oil, salt and lemon. Toss both of the mint and rocket in the dressing along with the orange chunks. Evenly divide and put them on 4 plates. Place on the leaves the torn up mozzarella along with the oranges. Sprinkle on top of the dish with the black pepper. Scatter using the pomegranate seeds then drizzle using olive oil. Shave curls of pecorino on the top then serve.
So you have just reached the end of this article. What do you think about this article? Did it provide you with delicious, mouthwatering and healthy, great vegetarian recipes to have a happy family? Hopefully it did! If you think this “Great vegetarian recipes for dinner” article has done a good job, please let us know your personal opinion by leaving a comment down the section below. However, if that is not what you think or there are some parts that you are confused about, please do not hesitate to contact us.