Cirrhosis is known as a chronic disease caused when the liver has been damaged over years. In fact, it’s a progressive problem when the healthy tissue of your liver is damaged and then replaced with scar tissue, which results in weak liver functioning.
There are many reasons causing cirrhosis such as alcohol abuse for a long time, a fatty liver disease related to diabetes and obesity, and viral hepatitis B as well as viral hepatitis C.
According to the NDDIC, women consuming 2 to 3 kinds of alcoholic drink and men consuming 3 to 4 kinds of alcoholic drink daily are at a high risk of this disease. In addition, this disease can happen as a result of other conditions such as autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, hemochromatosis, toxic hepatitis, cystic fibrosis, repeated heart failure related to liver congestion, and so on.
If you suffer from cirrhosis at a mild level, your liver can repair itself and continue to properly function. However, when your problem develops and the liver forms more scar tissue, it is unable to fix the damage.
People having cirrhosis can experience some common symptoms such as fatigue, loss of appetite, vomiting and nausea, itchy skin, weight loss, edema, jaundice, easily bleeding and having a bruise, muscle cramps, and spider veins under the skin.
At the early stage, you may suffer from some symptoms. But you will have to soon experience more symptoms when your problem progresses.
Until now, there has been no treatment for this condition. When curing cirrhosis, you firstly find out the underlying reason causing it. Treatment usually has the aim to prevent liver damage in future and decrease complications.
Apart from treating based on your doctor’s prescription, you will have to change your diet and lifestyle. Moreover, you can apply some homemade treatments to improve the condition. Today, in this writing, VKool.com will provide you with a valuable source of information about top 10 tips of natural treatment for cirrhosis of the liver without any side effect. This writing shows you a list of 10 natural and effective tips to deal with this liver disease by using natural ingredients from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. You’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading this writing to find the one which is right for you!
Top 10 Tips Of Natural Treatment For Cirrhosis Of The Liver
1. Milk Thistle
The first treatment for cirrhosis is to use milk thistle. Though it cannot completely remove the liver damage existed on your body, milk thistle can help in protecting you from further damage.
Milk thistle has an active ingredient named silibinin. This ingredient contains a powerful source of antioxidant properties along with hepatoprotective and detoxifying effects.
Many studies suggest that milk thistle can aid people in treating liver disease caused by alcohol.
You can find milk thistle available in the supplement form as a tincture, liquid extract, and capsules. However, you should consult the doctor to get the proper and suitable dosage for your condition.
Note: It may not suitable to use milk thistle for people suffering from complications such as ascites or variceal bleeding caused by cirrhosis. Avoid using this herb for those having hormone-related conditions in the past.
You can use the eclipta Alba plant to make a juice for curing liver problems. Especially, the juice of eclipta leaves is widely used for dealing with cirrhosis and hepatitis.
- You simply take some eclipta leaves and then extract the juice.
- Next, you add the raw honey in this juice at an equal ratio.
- You stir them well and consume this 3 times daily for about 1 month.
Traditional Chinese medicine uses Schisandra to keep the liver clean, protect the liver cells from being damaged in future and help in regenerating liver tissues. Experts have found that Schisandra can assist in preventing the drugs from damaging your liver.
In 2001, Researchers in China had a research about the effects of Schisandra when combining with astragalus root. They concluded that the combination of two these herb effectively improved portal hypertension in people having cirrhosis.
You may supply astragalus root and Schisandra for your body in a supplement form. To get the suitable dosage, see your doctor.
4. Vitamin C
Vitamin C contains protective effects that are very beneficial in fighting liver oxidative damage. Besides, this vitamin C also inhibits the buildup of fatty and cirrhosis.
- You just drink fresh Indian gooseberry juice (2 tablespoons) 3 times daily within 15 to 20 days to provide enough vitamin C amounts for your body.
- In addition, you can consume other foods rich in vitamin D such as blackberries, oranges, and lemons.
Acupuncture is another treatment for cirrhosis that you should try. Acupuncture is very beneficial in relieving discomforts like fatigue which is caused due to cirrhosis. Additionally, it can assist you in giving up drinking.
Chinese researchers concluded in a study that when you combine acupuncture with western medicine and a Chinese herbal decoction, the clinical signs of compensated cirrhosis will be improved better than usual western medicine.
If you want to get more information about treatment for cirrhosis, stay with us for our next post!
Besides vitamin C, there are several other antioxidants helping to cure liver cirrhosis. For example, vitamin E has the ability to decrease the production of scar tissue and promote the liver cell regeneration. Experts agree that antioxidants such as selenium and vitamin E will aid in treating primary biliary cirrhosis.
- You should include more fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains such as spinach, berries, artichoke, carrots, Brazil nuts, garlic, etc. in your daily diet.
- In addition, cruciferous vegetables such as kale, broccoli, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts will also aid in detoxifying your liver.
- Plus, you may drink 1 to 2 cups of raw vegetable juice every day.
7. Green Tea
Green tea contains a rich source of antioxidants that ease oxidative stress, initiating cirrhosis of tissues. Moreover, this green tea has an effect to protect against problems associated with the liver and contains antiviral properties fighting viral hepatitis.
- At first, you add the green tea powder (1 teaspoon) or 1 bag of green tea in 1 cup of boiled water.
- You let it steep for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- After that, you strain the water. If you use the green tea bag, you just remove this bag from the water.
- You can combine this tea with a little raw honey to make it sweeter.
- Remember to regularly drink this tea thrice daily.
You may use picrorhiza kurroa to treat cirrhosis, particularly when it is caused due to viral hepatitis. Picrorhiza will assist in reducing oxidative stress, promoting the bile juices secretion as well as improving the liver functioning. Besides, it also makes you have the feeling of appetite and works as a strong laxative.
- Now, you firstly prepare the powder of picrorhiza root and the mix 1 teaspoon of it with and enough raw honey to get a paste.
- You just consume this paste 3 times per day within about 1 month.
- Whenever you suffer from constipation, you can mix 2 teaspoons of this herb well with honey and consume this mixture with a cup of lukewarm water 4 times per day.
9. Papaya Seeds
Papaya seeds may aid in detoxifying your liver and thereby helping to treat cirrhosis. Try using this way as an effective treatment for cirrhosis.
- Firstly, you prepare some seeds of a fresh papaya and then grind them to get the extract.
- You take 1 tablespoon of this seed extract and combine it with 10 drops of lime juice.
- You stir them well and drink it 2 or 2 times every day within 1 month.
10. Quit Drinking
You have to completely quit drinking alcohol completely even if you suffer from cirrhosis which is not caused due to alcohol. Because alcohol is very harmful to the liver cells, it will make your condition become worse.
Abstinence can help you to inhibit the development of your condition. Fatty liver disease and hepatitis caused by alcohol are also recommended to quit drinking alcohol.
To prevent the complications associated with withdrawal, you'd better quit drinking alcohol and other beverages with a professional help and medical supervision.
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 10 tips of natural treatment for cirrhosis of the liver, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to deal with this liver disease All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for treating this condition. But you do not forget to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please freely leave them below, I will answer you soon. Also, if you know other tips of natural treatment for cirrhosis of the liver, please share them with us.
Related articles: Healthy diet for liver cirrhosis patient – good and bad foods to eat
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 10 Best tips on how to use egg white for acne treatment
- The good diet for high cholesterol patients is revealed
- Confidence building activities for youth and adults
- Natural foods to relieve constipation: 13 best choices
- Top 10 Health Benefits Of Berries
- How to get rid of dark knees and elbows naturally & fast
- How to stop earache naturally at home – 20 tips
- 15 Ways On How To Remove Stretch Marks On Men