Triglycerides are a kind of lipid (fat) found in the blood. Calories converted by the body have not used right away into triglycerides. They are found in the fat cells circulated in the blood to give energy for your muscles to act. Triglycerides are not similar to cholesterol that the body needs for cellular structure and hormone synthesis. The pertinent amount of triglycerides is important for correcting the functioning of cells. However, the excess triglycerides are unhealthy. The cause of high triglycerides can be a sedentary lifestyle, obesity, poorly controlled diabetes, kidney disease, genetic factors, etc. The level of high triglycerides usually does not have symptoms but it can cause a high risk for high blood pressure, heart disease, strokes as well as cholesterol problems. Our VKool page, today, will show you top 14 tips of natural treatment for high triglycerides in blood. With these tips, you can easily lower your triglyceride level by lifestyle changes, an appropriate diet, and several simple remedies at home. They are natural and safe treatments that you can do them yourself at home. However, we recommend you to consult your doctor to have the proper diagnosis before applying any of them.
Top 14 Tips Of Natural Treatment For High Triglycerides In Bloods
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has the ability to help you reduce triglycerides and cholesterol levels. Therefore, using apple cider vinegar is an effective treatment for high triglycerides. According to a study published in 2008 indicated that apple cider vinegar is able to improve the profile of serum lipid in normal and diabetic rats by raising HDL levels, reducing LDL or ‘bad’ cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein) and decreasing triglycerides. Besides, apple cider vinegar effectively cures the excessive triglycerides which cause fatty liver disease.
Things you need:
- 1 teaspoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- A glass of water
- A little raw honey
- First of all, you add 1 apple cider vinegar teaspoon into the water glass.
- Then, you add honey to this mixture.
- You drink this solution 2 times a daily basis for at least 2 months.
Note: You can also make a mixture including apple cider vinegar with fresh apple, grape, orange or other fruit juices.
2. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper has been known as a spicy flavoring added in your foods. Because cayenne pepper contains an alkaloid compound which is capsaicin helping reduce LDL cholesterol as well as triglycerides in obese people, it has the ability to naturally lower triglycerides in the blood. To use cayenne pepper as a treatment for high triglycerides, you should follow these steps below:
Things you need:
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- A cup of hot water
- You firstly add the cayenne pepper to the cup of water.
- Then, you stir and drink it 2 times a daily basis for several weeks.
- You can also apply another option which uses cayenne supplements after consulting your doctor.
Learn more: Health Benefits Of Cayenne Pepper Powder
3. Red Yeast Rice
Red yeast rice in Chinese medicine has been known as a popular treatment for high triglycerides because it contains a group of statins occurring naturally and has a marked-modulating effect on C-reactive protein concentrations (CRP) and lipids. This will help lower triglycerides and high cholesterol levels in your body.
You can use red yeast rice as directed by your doctor or directed on the package.
Note: If you are pregnancy, breastfeeding or have problems related to your kidney or liver, you should not use red yeast rice products which may have lovastatin and other chemicals causing side effects.
4. Increase Fiber Intake
Fiber is another treatment for high triglycerides because it has the ability to regulate how your foods are absorbed. In addition, fiber-rich foods can significantly decrease your excessive triglycerides as well as LDL cholesterol.
In fact, both insoluble and soluble fiber aid you in lowering triglycerides level. Soluble fiber connects with the excessive triglycerides like a gel and your body can remove this gel easily. It also relieves and slows down the rate of the absorption of sugars as well as fats. Besides, insoluble fiber is beneficial in managing hunger pangs and enhances the absorption of nutrients for your body that helps lose weight.
Hence, you should eat foods rich in soluble fiber like bananas. oatmeal, strawberries, and peas. Besides, do not forget to consume whole wheat products, whole grains, greens, beans, and many vegetables.
Note: If you are just beginning to consume fiber-rich foods, you should increase your fiber intake slowly to prevent gas discomfort. In the meantime, increase intake of water to aid the process of fiber and avoid constipation.
Read more: List Of 17 High Fiber Foods For Toddlers
5. Do Exercises Regularly
As you know, physical activities play an essential role in your life. They will aid the loss of weight, which is capable of lowering your excess triglycerides. Besides, it can also assist in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol level.
A study published in 2013 highlighted that acute high-intensity endurance activities are more efficient than moderate-intensity activities in attenuating the postprandial triglyceride elevation.
Therefore, performing high-intensity endurance exercises during your daily routine is a simple and useful treatment for high triglycerides. Moreover, you can also consult your doctor to get appropriate exercises for your particular condition.
If you need more information about natural treatment for high triglycerides, stay with us for our next post!
Garlic is known as an effective treatment for high triglycerides. A study published in 2006 stated that using garlic in your meal has the ability to significantly reduce triglycerides, cholesterol levels, and blood glucose. Raw garlic has a more effective impact than boiled garlic in managing these parameters because raw garlic contains lipid-lowering activity.
- You eat 2 to 3 cloves of raw garlic when your stomach is empty.
- You do this every day for several months to notice the satisfied results.
- You can include a few fresh garlic cloves in your salad dressings.
- Besides, you can also take garlic supplements after getting the consultation from your doctor.
Learn more: How To Use Garlic For Sinus Infection
7. Coriander Seeds
Coriander seeds have been known as a traditional treatment for high triglycerides. A study published in 2008 stated that the levels of triglycerides and cholesterol significantly decreased in animals which fed coriander seeds. The reason is that coriander seeds have the notable hypolipidemic action on the lipid metabolism.
- Firstly, you mix 1 to 2 coriander seed powder teaspoons with a glass of water.
- Then, you boil the water. After straining, allow it to cool.
- Finally, you drink this method 1 to 2 times every day for a couple of months.
Cinnamon is an impressive and safe treatment for high triglycerides. According to a study published in 2003, cinnamon aids in improving lipids and glucose in people who suffer from Type-2 diabetes. In fact, a consumption of about 1 to 5 grams of cinnamon every day can help people having Type-2 diabetes reduce the excess triglycerides as well as the level of LDL cholesterol.
- You add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a little oatmeal in the morning and consume this mixture.
- You can also add a bit of cinnamon powder into soups, salads or smoothies.
- Besides, cinnamon has also capsule form in the market. Take the supplement if you have the consultation from the doctor.
See more: How To Use Cinnamon For Weight Loss
9. Reishi Mushroom
An abundance of different heart-saving substances like coumarin, mannitol, ganoderic acids, polysaccharides, and sterols are greatly beneficial in improving your cardiovascular system. Reishi mushroom has the ganoderic acids which are able to reduce the level of triglycerides, excessive cholesterol, remove excess cholesterol, lower blood pressure, regulate arrhythmias as well as reduce platelet stickiness.
To use reishi mushroom as a treatment for high triglycerides, you may take reishi mushroom extract. It is recommended that you should consult the doctor for the appropriate dose depending on factors such as age and your health conditions.
Read more: Health Benefits Of Mushrooms
10. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
As you know, Omega-3 fatty acids play an essential role in your body. Moreover, it is able to reduce the level of excess triglycerides through lowering very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) from the liver, accelerating VLDL elimination and chylomicron from the blood as well as transforming fatty acids into energy which is oxidation.
To consume these fatty acids as a treatment for high triglycerides, let include food rich in omega-3 fats such as mackerel, salmon, cod, legumes, walnuts, soybean oil, flaxseed oil, and green leafy vegetables in your daily diet.
You can also take a supplementary Omega-3 after consulting your doctor for the appropriate dosage.
Learn more: Health Benefits Of Omega-3 Fatty Acid
Nuts contain a plenty of healthy nutrients such as fiber, proteins, vitamins, antioxidants and monounsaturated fats. They can be beneficial in significantly reducing the level of excess triglycerides in the blood.
There are so many types of nuts such as peanuts, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, pecans, almonds, etc… and you can include them in your diet every day.
Moreover, all of the mentioned nuts are able to lower the level of cholesterol. You just need to consume 1/4 cup of almond every day in order to reduce LDL in the blood or you can also eat some roasted almond without no oil.
Oatmeal has been acknowledged as the supportive ingredient to reduce the levels of triglycerides. It is a destroyer of cholesterol for all ages. The soluble fiber and beta-glucans in oatmeal can aid you in controlling the level of cholesterol which is absorbed into your body and keep its balance.
You can eat oatmeal as a wonderful treatment for high triglycerides by taking 1 to 2 cups of this ingredient in your daily diet in order to get rid of the problem.
See more: Good, Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
Soybean has many extremely impressive nutrients such as iron, B vitamins, phosphorus, magnesium, protein and calcium. Hence, consuming more soy products is the simplest solution for controlling the production of excess triglycerides.
You may consume intake of 25 grams of soy protein every day. This is very helpful in cutting down your triglyceride level up to 5 or 6%.
Note: There might be a few side effects related to digestion system while consuming soybeans like stomachache, loose stools, and diarrhea. Therefore, you need to consult the doctor or nutritionist before following this tip.
14. Brinjal (Eggplant)
The last ingredient for treating high triglycerides at home is brinjal. It is a kind of vegetable which contains a plenty of potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and B6, niacin, manganese, copper, folate, and many more important nutrients that are capable of maintaining the levels of blood cholesterol. Brinjal also includes nasunin which is a free radical scavenger improving your blood flow by relaxing the blood vessel walls.
You should include brinjal in your diet every day to decrease the excessive LDL cholesterol. You can consume it in any form such as marinated, stuffed, grilled, fried, or roasted. Moreover, you can also have a brinjal juice to keep your cholesterol levels balanced.
- People who suffer from kidney or gall bladder diseases should avoid consuming brinjals because they contain plenty of oxalates.
- Those with acidity problem should not eat it.
- If you are experiencing excessive bile humor, do not eat it.
- If you are pregnancy, you should not include brinjal in your diet.
Natural Treatment For High Triglycerides – Additional Tips
Besides 14 tips of treatment for high triglycerides in blood, you have to remember to follow below additional tips to get the best results for treating this problem:
- If you have excessive weight, losing 5 to 10% of your body weight can help reduce your high triglycerides.
- Decrease your intake of sugar by avoiding sodas as well as other sugary beverages.
- Avoiding alcoholic beverages is known as an effective treatment for high triglycerides.
- Keep away refined and processed foods which can cause a sudden increase of your body’s insulin and lead to the high triglycerides.
- Cut down on fructose by avoiding dried fruits and corn syrup .
- Consume low-fat products instead of your regular dairy products.
- Reduce the consumption of saturated fats which is found in poultry, red meat, butter, milk, cheese, and coconut oils.
- Use more healthy polyunsaturated fats such as corn, safflower, soybean oil, olive oil, and canola.
Related articles: List Of Healthy Foods To Lower Triglycerides Levels In Your Body
We have introduced you top 14 tips of natural treatment for high triglycerides in blood. Hope that after reading this useful writing, you will keep in mind some effective tips for treating high triglycerides at home. Let try any of them and then share your results as well as other treatments for high triglycerides (if you know) with us. Besides, if you have any question about treatment for high triglycerides, freely leave it below and we will answer you as soon as possible. Also, you may discover more treatments for other health problems by accessing our main Health page. Thanks for supporting us!!!
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Stop the ringing review – is Geoff Barker’s tinnitus cure useful?
- How to cure vertigo naturally at home
- 9 useful tips on how to make ginger tea at home
- 10 Tips Of Natural Treatment For Cirrhosis Of The Liver
- Top 5 causes of low cholesterol levels
- 17 Best natural home remedies for whooping cough
- How to prevent pink eye from spreading naturally – 7 tips
- 24 Best Zinc Food Sources within Your Reach