Vegetables that we eat along with our meals are good for health and weight loss because vegetables can make our meals bigger and giving feeling of more filling. A great dish of vegetables includes salads, fresh fruit salad, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cabbage. Starchy vegetables like winter squash or yams are higher in calories, yet they are also good for weight loss than high-calorie and high-fat dishes such as bread stuffing or buttery mashed potatoes. Now, keep reading to discover benefits of vegetables an how to use vegetables to lose weight with less effort.
Vegetables To Lose Weight And Boost Metabolism
I. Why You Should Eat More Vegetables
Vegetables can help you feel full longer. The water and fiber in vegetables can fill you up more efficiently than consuming processed carbs, which are deficient in fiber. By combining vegetables, healthy fats and protein, they will keep your digestion healthy.
In addition, vegetables can help you live longer. According to numerous scientific studies, a diet high in a wide range of vegetables can help eaters decrease the artery hardening, lower cholesterol levels, prevent inflammation, get rid of obesity, cure diabetes, reduce the risk of heart disease and prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Researchers indicate that the antioxidants including vitamins E, vitamin C, carotenoids and selenium are responsible for anti-aging effects.
Also, vegetables can help prevent spikes and dips in our energy levels. The fiber in most vegetables can help regulate the blood sugar levels.
Last but not least, vegetables can help us lose weight effectively and naturally. As most vegetables are lower in calories, so if you eat vegetables, you will get fewer calories while you still feel full and satisfied.
II. A Daily Vegetable Plan To Lose Weight
The following is a daily vegetable diet plan to lose weight. Try it and calculate your weight after a month of practice.
- Add scallions, spinach, a tomato to your egg and top with avocado
- Make your own ground beef hash with red bell peppers, cheese and scallions.
- Make your own low-carb breakfast with turkey sausage, spinach scrambled eggs, and avocado; and wrap it up in a large lettuce leaf.
Also on the VKool site: Best healthy breakfast for weight loss and muscle gain
- Chow on a few olive fruits with a middle piece of cheese.
- Wrap 2 slices of hamburger with a lettuce leaf, then add some cheddar cheese and mayonnaise.
- Slather celery stalks with cream cheese.
- Top some slices of fresh cucumber, tomato with chicken or tuna salad.
- Combine cheese, deli meat, with mayonnaise, then roll all the ingredients up with cucumber or a pickle.
- Top a fresh tomato with Mexican-blend cheese and cooked ground beef – seasoned with cumin and chili. Broil until the cheese is bubbling.
- Pile tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms on your plate, then drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and top with a grilled and sliced chicken breast.
- Try spinach salad, add different vegetables with dressings and top with shrimp, steak or grilled salmon.
- Stuff ½ red bell pepper with pork sausage or turkey sausage. Then, cook it at 3500F for about 40 to 45 minutes, top with no-sugar salsa, grated cheese, avocado, even poached or fried eggs.
- Grill a middle steak, serve with mashed potatoes or cauliflower and salad
Read more: Weight loss fast diet tips & plan
III. Vegetables To Lose Weight
1. Lowest-Calorie Vegetables To Lose Weight
Many non-starchy vegetables are low in calories. To make use of vegetable to lose weight fast, you should try eating a half cup of raw green vegetables such as cucumber, lettuce, chard, bok choy or spinach for under 10 calories.
A cup of raw mushroom smoothie, celery, radishes or cooked cabbage; or a half of cooked okra, cauliflower or summer squash contains less than twenty calories so that it can help you feel full and lose weight naturally.
Related article: List of low carb foods and snacks to eat for weight loss
2. Low-Energy-Density Vegetables To Lose Weight
Consuming low-energy-density vegetables can help you feel satisfied and full, even when you consume fewer calories. Most vegetables are low in energy density, yet non-starchy vegetables are often lower in energy than most starchy vegetables. Just fill ½ your dish at your meal with low-energy-density vegetables such as green beans, carrots, salad greens, broccoli, radishes, turnips, pepper, celery, beets, cabbage, beets and eggplant.
3. High-Fiber Vegetables To Lose Weight
According to a report from the journal Nutrition published in 2005, those who get a lot of fiber in their daily meals tend to have less fat and weigh than ones who do not eat fiber-rich foods.
Some vegetables high in fiber/serving like winter squashes, artichokes, peas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, taro, edamame, cooked chard, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and turnip greens, provide about five grams of fiber/serving.
4. Green Vegetables To Lose Weight
Many leafy greens like lettuce, endive and spinach are great for weight loss. In general, these green vegetables are low in calories, so you can eat these foods as the foundation for an entrée salad. Almost raw vegetables make a good addition to greens such as cucumbers, radishes, sprouts and tomatoes.
You can add a flavor while keeping calories as low as you want by adding fresh and canned fruit like mandarin oranges or sliced strawberries. All full fat salad dressings are rich in calories, so you just should use a light dressing layer, a small amount of dressing or add a little lemon juice.
Green vegetables high in vitamins C and vitamin A, such as yellow and red vegetables can help lower oxidative stress, reduce stress hormones, which may cause belly fat. Moreover, green vegetables are also a great source of folic acid that plays an important role in metabolism and protein digestion.
Since an adequate amount of folic acid can ensure that proteins are metabolized properly, it also helps regulate insulin levels in the body.
Spiking or fluctuating insulin levels may trigger fat storage, particularly in belly. So, eating vegetable rich in folic acid can help stabilize insulin levels and lower the fat storage.
Common green vegetables include asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cucumber, cabbage, kale, green beans, lettuce, zucchini, spinach, broccoli and celery.
You may like reading: 35 healthiest fruits and vegetables in the world to eat & juice
5. White Vegetables To Lose Weight
White vegetables are colored by small pigments that are called anthoxanthins. This vegetable group contains disease-beating chemicals such as allicin. This chemical can help reduce cholesterol, regulate blood pressure levels and eliminate inflammation in human body. Common vegetables include mushrooms, cauliflower, onions, parsnips, sprouts, turnips and potatoes.
6. Red & Purple Vegetables To Lose Weight
These vegetables are an indication, as they are rich in phytochemical lycopene. This is a potent antioxidant to protect the heart by decreasing plaque in the arteries. Red and purple vegetables are also proven to protect against some cancers such as prostate cancer.
Common purple & red vegetables include beets, red cabbage, eggplant, red bell pepper, tomatoes, carrot, corn, summer squash, pumpkin, sweet potato, orange pepper and red onion.
Basically, this vegetable group is good for eyes, heart and skin. Some studies suggest its benefits for cancers. When it comes to powerful vegetables to lose weight and boost metabolism fast, these vegetables can work well as they are high in beta carotene and vitamin C. This vitamin helps neutralize free-radical damage, fight off inflammation and oxidative stress. While vitamin C helps reduce stress hormones and prevent the store of body fat.
7. Starchy Vegetables To Lose Weight
Actually, starch vegetables are good for you if you use them in limited quantities. Many starch vegetables provide you with health benefits thanks to its high calorie content. However, some starchy vegetables are still good to consume in limited quantities. Common starchy vegetables to lose weight and boost metabolism fast include corn, beans and lentils, plantains, peas, sweat potatoes, potatoes, yams, butternut, pumpkin, spaghetti and acorn.
All the vegetables are loaded with belly-shrinking effects if you eat with appropriate amount. When you eat many these starchy vegetables, your weight loss progress may slow down. Therefore, to get the best results of weight loss, you should list out specific types of vegetables to eat and certain amount to consume each meal.
In short, it’s not too hard to lose weight with vegetables. Just try eating these vegetables and follow a diet plan sample above for at least a month. I bet you will notice some changes in your body and your weight.
Share this article of effective vegetables to lose weight and boost metabolism fast with other people. Comment on it at the end of the post if needed. Thanks for reading and see you in the next posts!
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to get rid of bed bug bites on your skin naturally – 20 tips
- How to treat blackheads at home naturally – 6 tips
- 10 health benefits of sugar cane and sugar cane juice
- Guava leaves benefits: top 24 advantages for skin, hair &health
- Natural foods for healthy nails: 10 best choices
- Learning tips to sleep better at night during pregnancy
- How to prevent sunburn from getting worse naturally – 7 tips
- Program yourself thin review – does Jim Katsoulis’ course work?