The immune system is defined as a host defense system, which plays an important role in our health protection. It comprises biological structures and processes that have the ability to protect yourself from many types of disease. In general, it is very necessary to protect and enhance your immune system.
However, many people do not know how to boost their immune system properly and healthily. After considering some good methods, we see that providing a sufficient amount of vitamins for immune system is very important. As a result, this time VKool would like to introduce you top 5 best vitamins for immune system support. We hope that this article will be helpful for you to improve your immunity and avoid many health issues, in turn. In fact, if you have a weak system, which means it is not equipped to combat against bacteria, you will be more likely to get sick. That’s why you should not do something with your immunity. Instead, attempting to take care it with vitamins and other nutrients is a good way you need to take. The following list of 5 best vitamins for immune system will help you deal with this issue.
5 Best Vitamins For Immune System Support
1. Vitamin A
Of all the vitamins for immune system, vitamin A and D are categorized as the most vital one. Initially, we would like to introduce you some major benefits of vitamin A for our immunity.
In recent years, there are many investigations about the important role of vitamin A in boosting the immunity. Researchers have found that there exists a link between the immune function of the offspring and the maternal diet while women are in pregnancy. It means that foods taken in by the mother will have direct impacts on the immune system of the progeny. Some investigations also pointed out that vitamin A has many strong effects on the fetus developmental processes. One of the most important things is that it is involved in the development of human’s immune system as well. Hence, vitamin A provided by the mother is vital to the fetus. It is also stated that during the developmental process of the immune system, lymph tissue inducer cells along with the marker LTi are essential for forming lymph nodes as well as other secondary organs. Besides, researchers also demonstrated that retinoic acid has powerful impacts on the differentiation of those cells. An experiment was carried out with pregnant mice. They ate a retinoic acid rich diet during pregnancy and a positive result was conducted.
Additionally, if you want to prevent your system from germs and bacteria attack, you should get enough vitamin A. As said before, vitamin A is indispensable in building and enhancing your immune system and its functions. Therefore, you are advised to consume more vitamin A-rich foods and take some kinds of vitamin A supplement as well. Nevertheless, if you want to use the drinking method, you must come to see your doctor and ask for some recommendations for a proper dose. For those who prefer eating vitamin A-rich foods than consuming supplements, we suggest you some natural sources of vitamin A such as carrots, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, beet greens, mustard greens, Swiss chard, liver and fish oils, milk, eggs, and so on. They all provide you a high concentration of vitamins for immune system.
Related article: How To Boost Immune System Fats & Naturally
If you are looking for vitamin A-rich recipes, you can follow our instruction below.
Recipe to cook roasted carrot and Cardamom butter
Ingredients: for 4 servings
- Carrots: 2 pounds
- Ground Cardamom: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: half a teaspoon
- Melted butter: 4 teaspoons
- Canola oil: 2 teaspoons
- Peel carrots and cut them into slices
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Mix butter, cardamom, canola oil, and salt together in a bowl. Then add sliced carrots and toss well.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast the carrots. Remember to stir them twice until they get tender and golden. It is about 30 minutes.
- Serve it immediately
Learn more: Healthy Carrot Recipes
Is it such an easy recipe? Actually, this method helps you remain the large amount of vitamin A contained in carrots and give you another new way to eat carrots as well. For 30 minutes, you will have an amazing dish for your family. Try it now!
2. Vitamin D
Along with vitamin A, vitamin D is also known as one of the great vitamins for immune system support. Eventually, its effects are higher than vitamin A. Actually, vitamin D is categorized as a hormone, which is essential for disease prevention. A vitamin D deficiency can cause many diseases varying from cancer to depression. If you still perceive that vitamin D is mostly healthy for your bones, you are ignoring its great function. As mentioned, it is among the best vitamins for immune system. To perform well, your immune system requires a sufficient amount of vitamin D, not any kind of vaccines. You may be surprised a lot by a remarkable impact of this nutrient on the immune system. Researchers have proved that vitamin D allows your body to produce more than 200 antimicrobial peptides that are indispensable in combating against infections. In a new study, researchers have concluded that in addition to other vitamins for immune system, vitamin D is one key part. Its own ability to regulate antibacterial proteins plays a very important role in boosting your immunity. Regarding cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide, although it takes several biological actions besides killing pathogens, it is not very clear which makes vitamin D become essential to its regulation.
Summarily, vitamin D is in the list of the best vitamins for immune system because of those reasons that we have mentioned above. It is vital for both adults and children to consume more this nutrient in order to enhance the immune function.
Now is the time for you to write down another recipe with foods containing vitamins for immune system. At the beginning, we would like to recommend you some vitamin D-rich foods that you can find easily in the market. Fatty fishes are high sources of vitamin D such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, and so on. Additionally, we also have other sources like dairy products, cheese, beef liver, egg yolks, orange juice, and cereals as well. You should add them to your daily diet to supply enough vitamin D to your body.
Ingredients: for 2 servings
- Maple syrup: 1 tablespoon
- Salmon fillets: 2
- Hoisin sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Dijon mustard: 1 teaspoon
- Note: You need to use a cooking spray as well.
- Preheat the broiler
- Combine maple syrup, hoisin sauce, Dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a small bowl and then stir well.
- Place two salmon fillets, skin side down, on the broiler pan. Remember to coat with cooking spray.
- Next, brush the salmon with the mixture you have already prepared. Broil about 10 or 12 minutes.
- After each 5 minutes, brush with maple mixture.
- Transfer to a dish and enjoy with sauce.
It takes you about 15 minutes to complete all the steps in the direction. With this simple process, you have a spicy-sweet fillet for your own to boost your immune system. Moreover, salmon not only provides you a high concentration of vitamin D but also a very rich source of omega 3 fatty acids. In general, this recipe is very healthy and advantageous.
Learn more: Best Healthy Foods For Immune System
3. Vitamin C
In terms of vitamins for immune system, we cannot ignore the amazing effects of vitamin C on immune functions. When I was a child, my mother often told me to take in vitamin C supplements to enhance my immunity to avoid fever and sick. At that time, I did not know why vitamin C helped me improve my health but now I have found it.
While vitamin A acts as the initial line of defense against harmful factors including bacteria and germs, vitamin C takes the responsibility of improving the overall function of immune system and forcing the system to work harder and better to prevent the body from illnesses. The similarity between vitamin C and D is that these vitamins for immune system contribute mainly to creating proteins involved in fighting off viruses, germs, and bacteria as well. When realizing the virus, the immune system will attack the virus’s nucleic acids to kill it. In addition, vitamin C also combats with bacteria up to the time they are dead. This function is essential for protecting our health. Researchers often say that vitamin C is known as an antioxidant element that helps your body ward off unwelcome visitors, in general.
As you know, vitamin C is often contained in citrus fruits such as orange, grapefruit, and lemon. Besides, you can find a high concentration of this vitamin in strawberry, kiwi, papaya, dark green leafy veggies, red pepper, bean, sweet potato, guava, and so on. They should be added to your regular diet to provide more vitamins for immune system.
If you do not know how to make a great dish from those vitamin C-rich ingredients, you can refer to our recipe below.
Shredded Turkey With Pinto Bean Burritos
Ingredients: for 6 servings
- Shredded cooked turkey: 4 cups (Note: you can substitute turkey for chicken, if please)
- Rinsed pinto beans: a 15-ounce can
- Whole-wheat flour wraps, warm: 6
- Shredded green cabbage: 2 cups
- Grated Monterey cheese: 3/4 cup (Note: you can also use pepper jack cheese)
- Canola oil, ground cumin: 1 tablespoon each of them
- Minced garlic: 2 cloves
- Medium onion: 1 (halved and sliced)
- Chile powder: 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes with green chiles, diced: a 15-ounce can
- Lime juice: 2 tablespoons
- Add a little oil to a large saucepan and heat it. Then add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, stir in cumin, garlic, and chile powder, continuing to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Now is the time for you to add tomatoes, lime juice, and boil them up. Simmer-cook for 16-20 minutes until onions become softer.
- Add turkey and beans to the mixture and keep cooking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the mixture among wraps then top with cabbage and cheese. Roll into burritos and place them in a dish. Use some vegetables for decoration.
- Enjoy your meal, now.
Do you find it interesting? In our opinion, this recipe it is so great because of its taste and decoration. It also is a vitamin C-rich recipe for you to try, as said before. Although it may take you up to 1 hour to carry out this recipe, it is worth to doing so. Hopefully, you will enjoy this food with a high concentration of vitamins for immune system.
Read more: Best Foods To Increase Blood Platelets Count
4. Vitamin B Complex
Actually, vitamin B complex is also included in the list of best vitamins for immune system. We all know that vitamin B complex contains several forms such as B6, B12, B3, B2, B5, B7… In this article, we want to focus on those forms that dominate in the immunity boost.
Among many forms of vitamin B, vitamin B12 plays an important role in improving your immune system. Click To Tweet In fact, its own amazing effects on the human’s immunity have been proved by many studies. Most of them drew a conclusion that vitamin B12 acted as an immunity booster thanks to its ability to combat germs and nasty little organisms. It is also stated that vitamin 12 would make you feel better if you are in a health problem. Do you have to take some vitamin B12 supplements to recover from your illness? Actually, it is quite a common drug to take when you get sick. The reason is that B12 is able to enhance your immune function, in turn; it helps to fight off bacteria germs, and other harmful factors causing the illness or sick. In general, when you get are in that situation, you need to supply a sufficient amount of B12 to your body by two possible ways. For example, you should try to eat more vitamin B12-rich foods to get that amount. Another method is consuming vitamin B12 supplements because adding B12-rich foods to your daily diet is sometimes hard. Do you know why? Researchers have shown that vitamin B12 is mostly found in animals, not in plants, thus, it is quite hard for vegetarians to get an enough amount of this nutrient. Hence, taking supplements is also essential. We want you to remember to go to a doctor and ask his advice for how to consume vitamin B12 properly. However, you should absorb this nutrient via the digestive way. Some vitamin B12 rich sources are beef liver, beef, sardines, lamb, raw cheese and raw milk as well.
Learn more: Best Lycopene Rich Foods
Along with B12, B6 is also another type of vitamins for immune system. It is called as pyridoxine, which is vital to assisting biochemical reactions in your immune system. For example, some enzymatic reactions that occur in the pathway of tryptophan-kynurenine depend on vitamin B6. Moreover, some investigations also point out that vitamin B6 has the capacity of reducing inflammation with conditions. You may find it some foods including salmon, tuna, chicken, green vegetables, and chickpeas. They are all the high sources of vitamin B6 for you to consume in your regular diet.
Related article: Foods High In Vitamin B Complex
Let’s learn another recipe containing a high content of vitamins for immune system.
Ingredients: for 1 serving
- Eggs: 4
- Ground beef (cooked, pan-broiled): 16 oz
- Hot sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Minced garlic: 2 cloves
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper: half a teaspoon
- Wheat flour, olive oil: 3 tablespoons each of them
- Panko Breadcrumbs: 1 cup
- Mayonnaise: 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard, sour cream: 1 tablespoon of each
- Boiling 3 eggs in a saucepan. Simmer for about 10 minutes. After that, set the peeled eggs aside.
- Heat the oven to 175C (350F)
- Whisk up an egg in a bowl.
- Next, place panko and flour in separate bowls
- Mix ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, pepper, and salt together in another bowl.
- Separate meat into several parts. Then flatten the meat and place the boiled eggs on them. It would be careful to shape the meat.
- Pinch the seams and roll it. Now, roll the meat-wrapped in the bowl of flour, then dip it in the beaten egg. In the end, you roll it in the Panko.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heat it over the high temperature. Transfer the meat-wrapped eggs into the skillet and brown on all sides. You are supposed to brown for 1 minute per side.
- Next, place them on a baking sheet lined with silicon mat or aluminum foil. You need to bake it for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the sauce for the meat-wrapped eggs, you can whisk mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, and pepper sauce together.
- Finally, cut the Scotch egg into quarters. Drizzle the sauce and enjoy them!
It seems that this recipe is quite complicated with many steps. However, it will not only provide you a high concentration of vitamins for immune system but also be a great dish for your weekend dinner with your family. Why don’t you write it down on your handbook to perform in the weekend? It would be an interesting experience with Scotch egg. Try it!
5. Vitamin E
At the end of our thread, we would like to cover some useful facts about vitamin E that is also known as the best form of vitamins for immune system. Did you see any information about this benefit of vitamin E? Actually, many people did not know this fact because whenever talking about vitamin E, women tend to think of a great nutrient for skin, eyes, and beauty care. However, according to researchers, vitamin E is categorized as one of the essential vitamins for immune system boost.
In fact, this nutrient has the powerful antioxidant property, which largely contributes to preventing and treating many diseases. Nevertheless, in terms of treating diabetes, cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer, and cataracts, there have not been any conclusion about the impact of vitamin E. People who are lacking this vitamin can suffer from some health problems and their immunity is weaker than other those who supply themselves a sufficient amount of it. Those who have cystic fibrosis and digestion problems are more likely to catch the vitamin E deficiency. Therefore, it is important to take an enough amount of vitamin E through foods or supplements. You can find some vitamin E rich source from foods such as almonds, raw seeds, spinach, kale, mustard greens, sweet potatoes, Swiss chard, and so on. Additionally, in some cases, you can ask your doctor to use vitamin E supplements, instead.
Read more: Best Effects Of Vitamin E Oil For Hair
We continue to offer you a recipe to cook foods that are high in vitamins for immune system. Let’s see!
Homemade Sweet Potato Pie
Ingredients: for 16 servings
- Cream cheese, soften: 8 ounces
- Eggs: 2
- Granulated sugar: 1 and 1/4 cup
- Mashed yams: 1 can
- Pumpkin pie spice: 1 tablespoon
- Evaporated fat-free milk: 1 can
- Coarsely chopped pecans: 2 cups
- Deep-dish pie shells: 2
- Packed light brown sugar: 2/3 cup
- Lightly whipped cream
- Melted soft butter: 4 tablespoons
- Mix the cream cheese, using an electronic machine, until it is soft and fluffy.
- Then add more sugar to the bowl and mix on high speed. When it is completely absorbed.
- Add the eggs to the mixture while reducing the speed. Make sure it is evenly blended.
- Next, add the yams, pumpkin pie spice, evaporated milk, and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Now, pour the filling into some pie shells and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Mix the pecans, butter, and brown sugar together and set aside.
- Take the pies out of the oven. Then sprinkle with that mixture. Place the pies back to the oven and bake for 7-10 more minutes.
- Finally, take the pies out and serve with whipped cream.
- Note: in the case of unavailability of mashed yams, puree a can of sweet potatoes until smooth.
Is it a delicious dessert? Besides eating some main foods we presented above, you can enjoy a sweet pie for your snack or after the meal. Sweet potato pie will be a good suggestion for you to supply more vitamins for immune system. Remember to carry out this recipe for your family.
Related article: Guilt Free Desserts Recipes Review
In general, we have mentioned five best vitamins for immune system in this article. They are all available in natural foods and some types of supplements so that you can find it easily to look for. In fact, consuming these vitamins for immune system is very important to boost your immunity. As a result, you should not skip adding foods containing a high amount of these nutrients to your regular diet. If you often take in them, you will have a healthy immune system.
For more information about the health topic rather than vitamins for immune system, you can visit our main site at Health. If you have any comment and idea to share, you are highly welcomed to leave them below this topic. Other members of the site and our staffs can discuss with you further and further.