Zucchini might be at the back of the alphabet, yet it is at the front of our minds when it comes to summer veggies. In fact, this miracle squash is easy to grow, people could end up with a bumper crop. However, do not let it go to waste because it has lots of vitamin A, few calories. Also, it is simple to cook. So, do not hesitate to add zucchini to your daily diet to make use of its advantage. Here are some different simple ways to cook zucchini in dishes which range from sweet to savory to spicy. Take a look from VKool.com!
6 Ways To Cook Zucchini – Simple Zucchini Recipes
1. Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Ingredients for 12 muffins (1 dozen):
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder: ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda: ¼ teaspoon
- Cinnamon: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Lemon: 1 zest
- Truvia: 20 packages (or 1 cup of sugar)
- Vanilla: 2 teaspoon
- Eggs: 2
- White whole wheat flour: 1 ½ cups
- Greek yogurt: ½ cup
- Zucchini which is shredded: 1 ½ cups
- Blueberries: 1 ½ cups
- In one small bowl, you stir together the baking powder, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another similar bowl, you stir the lemon zest into the sugar or Truvia
- In a large bowl, you beat together the Greek yogurt, the eggs, and vanilla till you get a smooth combination. Add the mixture of Truvia and zest and start stirring till smooth.
- Slowly stir the mixture of flour till incorporated. Fold in the blueberries and zucchini.
- Now, scoop ¼ cup of batter each into wells of a lined muffin tin. Then, bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes till you get a clean toothpick. Let it cool in the pan slightly and remove to a wire rack for cooling.
- After finishing, you store the final product in the airtight container and if it frozen well could be stored up to 2 months.
See more: ways to cook flaxseed
2. Spicy Zucchini Frittata
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- A small red onion, which is thinly sliced: 1/2
- Jalapeno, which is thinly sliced: 1
- Zucchini, which is thinly sliced: 1
- Fresh corn kernels: 1 cup
- Coarse salt
- Large eggs: 8
- First, you heat broiler. Then, in a medium ovenproof skillet, you heat the oil over medium heat and cook jalapeno and onion, stirring till they become tender, for about 5 minutes. After that, add corn, zucchini and cook till tender, for about 7 minutes before seasoning with salt.
- Second, you whisk the prepared eggs in a bowl with ½ teaspoon salt and then pour it into the skillet with veggies. Cook till sides of it begins to set, for about 3 minutes.
- Last, transfer the skillet to the oven and broil till set in the middle, golden lightly and puffed on its top, for 3 minutes or so.
Yet, you can remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno if you prefer less heat.
3. Zucchini Waffles
Among many ways to cook zucchini, this is a really quick and simple one. Zucchini is good at being sneaky and does not interfere with the waffleness. Just simply add a little amount of moisture as well as texture. Mix shredded zucchini into the pancake better if you prefer.
Ingredients for 8 waffles:
- Medium zucchini which ends trimmed: 2
- All-purpose unbleached flour: 1-1/2 cups
- Baking powder: 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt: 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1/3 cup
- Skim (nonfat) milk: 1-1/2 cups
- Large eggs: 2
- Pure vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Cooking spray
First, you grate the zucchini on large holes of the box grater. Then, place in a strainer and sprinkle with approximately one teaspoon of the kosher salt. Now, place the strainer over the bowl, let zucchini drain for about 30 minutes. Rinse it off under cold water and shake off the excess liquid. Transfer the zucchini to the clean dish towel. After squeezing the moisture out of zucchini as much as possible, you set aside.
Second, preheat the waffle maker to about 4000F. And, in the large mixing bowl, you combine baking powder, flour, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Stir all of them together. In another bowl, you mix eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together and whisk them. Add dry ingredients to that mixture and beat thoroughly. Then, stir in the zucchini and mix them well.
Spray waffle maker with the cooking spray. And, spread each half of the batter over the bottom of the waffle maker. Close the top then. You need to cook for about 5 minutes till the waffles get crisp. Repeat the same routine with the left batter.
Last, serve it while it is hot. You can top sweet butter plus with maple syrup over it if prefer.
Check out: a comprehensive paleo cookbook
4. Zucchini Summer Skillet With Poached Eggs
Ingredients for 2 to 4 servings:
- Baguette, small and cut into slices: 1
- Unsalted butter: 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, which is minced: 1 clove
- Bacon: thick-cut: 3 slices
- Shallot, which is diced: 1
- Garlic, minced: 2 cloves
- Zucchini, cubed: 2
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Smoked paprika: 1/4 teaspoon
- Goat cheese: 2 ounces
- Eggs: 2-4
Preheat the oven to about 3750 F. then, place the baguette slices on the baking sheet. Bake till it slightly golden, for about 7 minutes or so, before removing it from the oven.
Whilst the toast is still baking, you heat the butter in the small saucepan over medium heat. Keep whisking constantly when it bubbles till it gets brown on the bottom, anywhere from 6-8 minutes. When the brown bits appear, you shut down the heat, remove the skillet. Whisk for 30 seconds more and stir in garlic.
Now, you heat the large skillet over such medium heat before adding the bacon too. Cook them till fat and crispy are rendered, and then add the garlic, shallot, zucchini, salt, paprika, and pepper to. You need to stir them up to coat these ingredients in bacon fat, cook till the veggies become soften and golden slightly, for about 5 minutes. Then, add half of goat cheese in and start stirring. Shut down the heat.
5. Zucchini Quinoa Burgers
To make this recipe faster, you can use canned chickpeas. Yet, if you have enough time, you can cook your own chickpeas. This is really one of simple ways to cook zucchini.
Ingredients for 6 servings:
- Olive oil, divided: 2tablespoons
- Garlic, minced: 1clove
- Onion, chopped: 1cup
- Zucchini, julienned on a mandolin or grated on the largest setting of a box grater: 1 1/2cups
- Pumpkin seeds, raw or toasted: 1/2cup
- Sea salt, plus more to taste: ¾ teaspoon
- Black pepper
- Chickpeas, cooked: 1 1/2cups (1/3 cup dry)
- Quinoa, cooked: 1cup (1/3 cup dry):
- Water: 2/3cup
- Dijon mustard: 2tablespoons
- Lemon juice: 1tablespoon
- Dill, fresh and chopped: 2tablespoons
- Oregano, fresh, chopped: 1tablespoon
- Paprika: 1teaspoon
- In order to prepare chickpeas, you soak the beans overnight. The next morning, you rinse them, discard the soak water. Now, place beans in the pot with adequate water to well submerge them by a few inches. Then, turn heat to boil, decrease to a simmer, cook for about 45 minutes or so till the beans get tender. Drain them and store well in the freeze for about 3 days.
- In order to prepare quinoa, you rinse quinoa in the sieve before adding to one small pot. Then, add 2/3 cups of water plus with a pinch of salt. You should bring to a boil and decrease to the simmer. After that, cook, with a lid slightly ajar on a pot, till water is well absorbed and you could see those thin “ribs” of the quinoa being detached from grain. Next, fluff, cover and wait for a while. Store it well in your refrigerator for about 3 or 4 days or so.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the medium sauce pan. Saute garlic and onion till tender. Now, add zucchini and start sautéing till zucchini is thoroughly cooked and the onion is translucent. Pepper and salt can be seasoned to taste and then set aside.
- Grind the pumpkin seeds, pepper and sea salt within a food processor until they are well broken.
- Add chickpeas, quinoa, lemon, the Dijon mustard, paprika, and oregano to that mixture. Then, pulse to mix several times. After that, continue mixing that mixture. Stop it several times so that you could scrape the sides of the processor and continue running it. If you need more water for the mixture, it is okay with a small amount of water.
- Then, transfer the mixture to the mixing bowl, and add onion, zucchini, and garlic to. You then should mix them with hands. As all of them incorporated, you season again with pepper and salt for better taste.
- Now, divide the mixture into six patties with your hands. Heat one left tablespoon of olive oil in the sautee pan, using medium heat. After that, cook the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, till they get golden brown. As an alternative, you bake them at the oven set to about 3750 F for about 25 minutes, and then flip once halfway through. After finishing, serve.
6. Baked Panko Zucchini Fries
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- Zucchini, cut into French-fry shaped pieces: 3
- Grated Parmesan cheese: ¼ cup
- Italian seasoning: 2 tablespoons
- Eggs which are beaten: 2
- Preheat the oven to 4250F (about 2200 C). Then, line one baking sheet with the aluminum foil.
- Next, season the zucchini pieces with salt.
- You then mix Parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, and Italian seasoning with one
- After that, dip zucchini pieces into prepared beaten eggs and press into bread crumbs for coating
- Gently toss using your hands to make any bread crumbs which have not stuck can fall away.
- Arrange the breaded zucchini onto a prepared baking sheet well in a single layer.
- Bake the zucchini in the preheated oven till golden brown, for about 15 minutes.
Above are top 6 different simple ways to cook zucchini that you can apply right instantly to make delicious and healthy dishes for your family meals. Have nice meals!
Share your thoughts with us by dropping words below this post. We will feedback soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to slow down aging process naturally – 19 proven tips to act!
- How to get rid of spots on face skin fast at home: 7 easy tips
- 10 natural home remedies for tanned skin
- Fat loss troubleshoot PDF review – does Leigh Peele’s guide work?
- How to treat itchy scalp with dandruff naturally
- 22 natural summer skin care tips for oily skin and dry skin
- What foods to avoid during pregnancy – a detailed list
- Top 10 amazing health benefits of tea