Wrist pain is one of the most common problems, which can happen to anybody. Probably sporty people are more likely to get wrist pain problem due to jerking movement while playing sport (golf, table tennis, etc) or those people whose work involve intensive wrist movement such as chef or smith. The majority of people neglect the wrist pain as they thought it can automatically recover, but nobody knows that if you do not give enough care for your wrist, the pain can develop more seriously and the chance is you may have to go for a minor surgery. In this Wrist Pain Treatment At Home Without Exercises Or Stretches article, we will discover the top methods that you can do to recover your wrist pain at home without doing any kind of exercise or stretches.
Natural Wrist Pain Treatment At Home Without Exercises Or Stretches
1. Stop Using Your Wrists Too Much
Before you approach any wrist pain treatment method, you need to learn how to take care of your wrist. Well, I know this may sound weird to those people, whose jobs involve a lot of wrist movements but the best way to take care of your wrist is to prevent the wrist pain from happening. Prevention of something bad from happening is always better than looking for solutions to fix it after it has already happened. This sounds very simple yet not everyone can do it.
Many people keep using their wrists or engaging in activities that put tremendous strain or pressure on them. If it is your case, it is so obvious that it is just a matter of time before you really have wrist pain problem. To those who love sport or gym, I know there are benefits of gym exercises but once you have wrist pain problem, please stop doing work that involve wrist muscle. Wrist is not much different from any other living organs; they need adequate care and rest to recover.
2. Use A Good Bandage
If you think that your wrist pain is a result of a sprain that is likely to be affected from your daily activities, using a good bandage is a good way to brace it. Since bandage is widely available around your neighborhood, probably you can get a stiffer one at your convenience. Your doctor will ask you to move your wrist to make sure that nothing is broken then tell you to stabilize it with a bandage or a brace. Remember to clean the area where the sprain occurred and wrap it with a high quality bandage. You don’t have to wear it whole day, you can remove it when you need to take a bath or doing something that need bare hands and brace your wrist with a new bandage afterward.
3. Pain Medication
To aid your wrist pain treatment, medication should be the top recommendation. If you think your wrist pain is the result of arthritis, you can use pain medication such as aspirin, Tylenol or Motrin. If there is a swelling in your wrist, Motrin is the way to go. Sometimes arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis is accompanied by swelling, Motrin has anti-inflammatory properties. However, please be cautioned that you should follow the instructions on the bottle or get enough advice from the doctor before using the medicines in order to avoid any unexpected results or side effects.
4. Drink Water
Hey, you may laugh at this advice because I know water is like having no connection to wrist pain treatment or this may sound too good to be true to many people but the truth is it does help you in the home wrist pain treatment process. You will be shocked to know what illness that by drinking water, you will be able to prevent or reduce. Water is believed to be a great lubricator to your body. It does not matter what causes your wrist pain, whether a mild case of arthritis or work overloads, what it needs is water running through and lubricate the body, including the wrist joints.
Read more: benefits of drinking water daily
5. Peppermint Oil Rub
Sometimes the peppermint oil is too strong, you can combine it with oil, such as vegetable oil or olive oil, to reduce the strength of the pure peppermint oil or else, the heat will burn your wrists. Simply rub it on your aching wrist and wait until they feel better. These oils are highly available at any of your nearby pharmacy. This method can also apply for upper back pain relief.
6. Wrist Injury Treatment
When you have fallen down or accidentally injured your wrist while playing your favorite sports or doing your work, these following things are the must do ones to prevent your wrist pain from developing further
– If you see an obvious deformity or numbness on your hand, you should lay it across a soft pillow and look for any nearby medical center right away.
– If there is no obvious deformity and you do not feel any serious pain, you may want to take acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil), and a soft pillow is always the best company in this case.
– Clean the wrist pain area and gently apply ice to it. You should not put ice directly on your skin. Instead, you can wrap a pack of frozen vegetables in a towel to create a temporary ice pack.
– If you have followed these above tips and still do not see any positive change in the wrist pain area or any other symptoms do not go within a day, you should contact your doctor immediately.
7. Medical Treatment
– If there is no fracture found on the X-Ray, a sprain may be diagnosed by the doctors. In some cases, if there may be tenderness in the anatomical snuffbox, there is also a good chance that a fracture of the scaphoid exists without being seen on the X-ray.
– If you are having a wrist pain, the doctor may decide not to treat it with splint, a Velcro wrist splint/plaster splint. This decision depends on the level of the wrist pain, restriction of movement, the amount of swelling, and concern about an occult (a fracture which is so small that cannot be seen on X-ray) or hidden fracture. If the doctors concern about an occult fracture, they may use a splint to brace your wrist and advice you to have another X-rays at your doctor’s office or with an orthopedist (an expert) within 10-15 days.
If your wrist pain is insignificant, you will unlikely be given a splint. Instead, you will be told to limit the amount of activities relating to moving your wrist, depending on your level of pain.
– For more serious and severe sprains, you may receive a Velcro wrist splint that can be easily taken on and off. You will also be prescribed some kinds of pain medication to reduce the pain. You should also tell the doctor what other medication you are taking and if you are allergic to any kind of substance.
– Most doctors and experts will recommend using only cold or ice therapy for sprains. After 24-48 hours, some may suggest switching to heat therapy.
– Treatment of a broken bone depends on specific type of fracture that was found. If there is a fracture inside your wrist, you may need to be treated by the doctor, who has known you from the beginning or be referred to an orthopedic surgeon.
Last but not least, follow up is the best thing you can do to track the improvement of your wrist pain. If your wrist pain or the wrist swelling does not get better but even worse in more than 24 hours, you should definitely go to your personal doctor or any specialized department in the hospital to get best medical treatment or advice from highly experienced doctor. The doctor may need to take other X-rays to find out a fracture that was not obvious and do some examinations on the wrist to search for signs of tendonitis, arthritis, gout, infection or any other conditions.
In all cases, you should follow the doctor’s instructions. You should follow up most of the time if you do not feel completely better in 3 to 5 days or even sooner if the pain has become worse or there is any other problems appear.
Once you are fully recovered with your wrist pain, I recommend that you should do some research or get a personal trainer help you with wrist strength training program.
That is it for this Wrist Pain Treatment At Home Without Exercises Or Stretches article. We really appreciate how you take your time out to read our article. If you find this “Wrist pain treatment at home without exercises or stretches” article informative and helpful, please do not forget to let us know what you think by leaving a comment down below. There are also many other fitness and exercise related articles from the site Vkool, that can give you tons of knowledge on how to get fit and be healthy. Hopefully, those informative articles will help you improve your health as well as your life quality.