Acid reflux is a common phenomenon to people. It usually causes a burning sense of heartburn in your throat and upper chest, so you may taste acidic and bitter contents in your throat or out of your mouth. This phenomenon may annoy you anytime, especially after a meal, and make you less confident when in front of other people.
Acid reflux appears as stomach acid comes back into the esophagus. The lower esophageal sphincter, a muscle in the esophagus that protects you from acid reflux will open to take food and drink in your stomach and contract them. But there is a weakened muscle that does not close tightly let acid backup and causes acids reflux.
Yogurt For Acid Reflux Treatment – 9 Ways That You Should Know
If you have to face to acid reflux problem, you should develop a balanced and healthy diet. Some recommended foods that relax the muscle and treat acid reflux are tomato- based products, fried foods, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, milk, spicy foods or acidic foods, and yogurt that contain saturated fat. Yogurt is very rich in protein and essential nutrients. Besides that in this fermented food, milk is fermented by bacteria that can break down the lactose. This means the process of your stomach will be easier to occur. It is the reason why it is called with the name “probiotic foods”.
In this article, VKool.com will show you 9 useful ways to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment without any side effect. This article listed the best methods that use yogurt along with some other natural ingredients to treat acid reflux effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment quickly and effectively.
What Can Yogurt Do To Treat Acid Reflux?
- Soothe the esophagus as a cool, alkaline and smooth food
- Boost the immune system for the whole health because of its probiotics including beneficial bacteria that is easy to find in the digestive tract
- Aid in the proper absorption of nutrients, and proteins of the body.
- Prevent the acid reflux due to its protein source and help in digesting the food.
- Strengthen the muscles of the lower esophagus due to the richness calcium.
- Improve intestinal motion, reduce the inflammation, the pain and discomfort, decrease the appearance of gas in the intestine.
A cup of yogurt per day keeps a doctor away. Here are detailed directions on how to apply yogurt for acid reflux treatment. You may follow this easy method to relieve the acid reflux issue.
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Use a cup of plain and low- fat yogurt.
- Eating this yogurt 1 or 2 times a day to ensure that your digestion is the most effective and reduce the symptoms of acid reflux.
2. Yogurt And Ginger
Ginger that is known as a digestive juice has anti-inflammatory properties, so it helps to get a better digestion. It also absorbs stomach acids and helps in the digesting procedure so that it can cure the inflammation and irritation of the esophagus. When mixing yogurt with ginger, the mixture can help take the necessary proteins and food nutrients in your body.
- 1 cup of yogurt
- A fresh ginger root
- Firstly, wash the fresh ginger and peel the skin off.
- Then, add a cup of yogurt to small pieces of ginger and mix them together
- Finally, use this mixture on a regular basis to prevent acid reflux.
3. Yogurt And Honey
It may be the easiest mixture that helps you to boost digesting process and prevent acid reflux.
Here are easy guides on how to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment.
- 1 cup of low- fat and plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Firstly, stir yogurt and honey above together.
- Then, eat the mixture as soon as acid reflux symptoms appear.
4. Yogurt, Lemon Juice, And Ginger
The combination of yogurt, lemon juice, and ginger is also an excellent way on how to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment.
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Firstly, make the mixture from 3 ingredients above
- Then, consume this mixture on a regular basis.
- Remember to use low- fat Greek yogurt to get more effective relief from acid efflux.
5. Yogurt And Fruit Smoothies
Consuming the mixture of yogurt and fruit smoothie is another way to take necessary nutrients in from natural source for digestion system. It is easy, quick and also effective to apply. They are not only tasteful and easily digested but also don’t cause any heartburn and acid reflux.
Here are simple instructions on how to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment.
- ½ cup of yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons of honey or sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 peach
- ½ cup of strawberries
- ¼ cup of mango
- ¼ cup of pineapples
- Firstly, cut these fruits into small pieces after peeling off their skin.
- Then, put all of them and yogurt in a blender and make them be a smooth mixture.
- Next, pour honey or add white sugar into the mixture above and stir them well.
- Now, add ice or frozen fruits into to get an iced smoothie.
- Finally, drink this every day.
6. Yogurt In Cereal & Fruits
Consuming yogurt in cereal with other fruits can supply you with all the required nutrients and keep your digestion process. You should use this mixture each morning to have an energetic day.
- 1 cup of low- fat yogurt
- 1 cup of fiber- rich cereals
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2/3 cups of fruits
- A serving dish or takeout container
- Firstly, cut up your favorite fruits such as kiwi, strawberries, nectarines, apples, plums, etc.
- Then, divide the cereal among 2 part, 1 ½ cup serving dishes.
- Now, spread yogurt over the cereals and then add the fruits too.
- Finally, add honey to it and consume this mixture each morning.
7. Combine Yogurt With Pistachios & Strawberries
If yogurt is known as an alkaline food that helps prevent acid reflux, strawberries are also low in acid, which helps ease heartburn and acid reflux. Besides that, nuts like pistachios are also helpful in treating acid reflux. So the combination of 3 ingredients is excellent for preventing acid reflux.
- 1 large container of yogurt
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup of unsalted roasted pistachios
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Firstly, cut strawberries and pistachios into small pieces.
- Then, put strawberries into yogurt and stir them and then sprinkle honey above.
- Now, drizzle the mixture with pistachios.
- Finally, consume the food for 1 or 2 times per week.
8. Yogurt And Flaxseed
Flaxseed is considered to be very rich in fiber which allows your digestion system to act effectively and neutralize the acid in the intestine.
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed
- Firstly, stir the amount of yogurt and flaxseed above.
- Then, consume the mixture regularly to get a soothing effect on your stomach.
9. Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt has less lactose with liquid than normal yogurt. It is also low in fat and much used in cooking. This yogurt is extremely beneficial in preventing the appearance of acid reflux.
- 6 cups of low- fat Greek yogurt
- 5 cups of granola
- 2 teaspoons of candied ginger
- 1,5 cups of raspberries
- 1 cup of dried cherries
- Large resealable bag
- Firstly, chop the candied ginger and dried cherries.
- Then, mix the ginger, cherries above with granola.
- Next, add yogurt into a resealable large bag and then snip off the end.
- Now, put a thick yogurt layer about 1 inch at the bottom of a trifle dish that is about 5 inches in deep and 7.5 inches in diameter.
- After that, add raspberries above and sprinkle honey.
- Then, put 3 cups of the granola into the mixture.
- Now, add yogurt and raspberries at layer again.
- Next, garnish with candied ginger and pour with honey above.
- Finally, consume it for 2 to 3 times per week.
How To Choose The Best Yogurt For Treating Acid Reflux:
You should follow these tips to choose good yogurt for your problem:
- The yogurt is low fat or free fat
- Plain yogurt is often free from sugars rather than flavored one.
- If you like plain yogurt, you should add non-acidic fruits such as melon, peaches, and berries to sweeten it up naturally.
- Use yogurt that is rich in bacteria called probiotics so it will help keep up the balance between bad & good bacteria in your body.
Besides using yogurt for acid reflux, you should take up these habits:
- Stop smoking because this activity can affect the digestive system and the esophagus
- Going for a walk after each meal can boost the digestion.
- Avoid using shed tight clothing since it restricts the digestion and boosts the acid reflux.
- Don’t eat before 2 to 3 hours before going to bed because the eaten food will not be completely digested.
To get more information related to health problems, go to our main Health page. After studying the writing of 9 useful methods on how to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to use this fermented food to treat acid reflux. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for treating acid reflux. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction, and that continue using them to keep acid reflux at bay. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment.