Are you looking for healthy and easy ways to relieve staph infection symptoms including redness of the skin, swelling, and pain? Do you want to know which natural ingredients you can use to treat your staph infection condition at the convenience of your own home? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 17 fast home remedies for staph infection on face, leg & other parts of the body. The writing is a collection of healthy and effective solutions to reduce symptoms of staph infection from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 17 Home Remedies For Staph Infection On Face, Leg & Other Parts
Here are 17 best solutions for staph infection you are looking for:
1. Tea Tree Oil
7. Witch Hazel
11. Coconut Oil
12. Castor Oil
13. Bitter Gourd
17. Sea Salt
Tea tree oil contains terpenoids that are responsible for its antiseptic & antifungal effects. To apply tea tree oil for treating staph infection, you can follow easy steps as below:
- You add 2 tsp of honey into 1tbsp of tea tree oil
- Then you apply this mixture onto the affected skin areas
- Then you cover them by using a cloth bandage in order to deal with staph infection.
- You need to change the bandage every three or four hours to avoid the development of staph infection.
Another remedy for staph infection at home is using apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid that is responsible for its antiviral, antibacterial & antifungal effects. Here are detailed instructions you can follow:
- You add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with 4 or 5 tsp of honey into 2 cups of water
- Then you drink it about 2 or 3 times per day to cure staph infection.
- You mix apple cider vinegar and baking soda
- Then you apply this mixture by using a cotton swab onto the affected skin areas in order to treat your staph infection problem.
Turmeric contains curcumin that has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so it is one of easy but effective home remedies for staph infection. Here are detailed directions to use turmeric for treating staph infection you can follow:
- You boil about 4 tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of black pepper powder, 1 tsp of coconut oil & 1 tsp of lemon juice into water
- You drink this remedy several times per day to treat staph infection.
- Alternatively, you can apply turmeric powder onto your affected skin areas to relieve the staph infection.
You can use eucalyptus oil directly onto your affected skin areas to heal your staph infection. Or you can make a cup of tea with eucalyptus oil by boiling about 4 to 5 drops of this oil in 1 cup of water. Then you can drink it one or two times per day to obtain the results you desire.
Goldenseal contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help disinfect as well as heal wounds & skin infections. In addition, goldenseal can help your skin fight infections.
- You just need to add 1 tsp of goldenseal into a cup of hot water
- Then you steep for about 20 minutes.
- You strain this mixture & use a cotton ball in order to apply directly onto the boil.
- This mixture should be warm to allow the flow of blood to your affected area.
Garlic is known as a super food that contains antiviral & antibacterial properties, which will help you kill bacteria including fungi and worms. In addition, garlic is often used as a natural antibiotic. To make a remedy for staph infection using garlic, you need to clean your affected skin areas. Then you smear the garlic oil or crushed garlic before dressing.
Witch hazel contains some natural astringents, which help you relieve the inflammation & prevent infections. In addition, witch hazel can decrease the development of bacteria, so it is often used as a home natural remedy for staph infection. To make this remedy, you just need to mix water with witch hazel. Then you use it in order to treat staph infection symptoms by smearing onto the wound before you dress. Next, you repeat this way per day for the best result.
One of easy home remedies for staph infection is applying a paste of ginger powder, manuka honey & salt over the affected skin areas. You just need to mix salt and the ginger powder into manuka honey. Then you apply this mixture onto your affected skin areas to relieve staph infection symptoms.
Here are some simple ways to use basil for treating staph infection:
- You apply the basil juice that is extracted from some fresh basil leaves onto your affected skin areas to heal various symptoms linked to staph infection.
- Or, you can apply basil oil directly onto your affected skin areas to get the results you desire.
- In addition, you can boil some basil leaves with water to make a cup of basil tea, and then you drink it daily.
You can use oregano oil for treating staph infection. You apply this oil onto your affected skin areas many times per day to help relieve the inflammation & pain caused by staph infection.
This oil is very good for treating various skin infections because it has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory & antifungal properties. These properties help destroy the skin infection fast as well as provide a quick relief in symptoms such as itching and burning. Here are step by step directions to apply coconut oil for treating staph infection:
- You apply some drops of coconut oil onto your affected skin areas.
- Then you gently rub it into your skin. With the cooling effect, it will help you calm your irritated skin as well as heal the boils fast.
This oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that are very helpful for treating staph infection. To use castor oil properly for dealing with staph infection, you just need to follow the following directions:
- You warm a few drops of castor oil
- Then you apply it onto the affected skin areas.
- You cover these areas by using a warm flannel cloth or you can bind it to these areas.
- You should apply this remedy 3 times regularly.
Bitter gourd is known as one of effective home remedies for staph infection. This herb is packed with essential nutrients that help strengthen your immune system as well as enhance its functions. Here are step by step directions you can follow to make a home remedy for staph infection using bitter gourd:
- You just need to grate 2 bitter gourds
- Then you grind them into a mixer grinder and you add a little of water into it.
- You squeeze to extract the bitter gourd juice.
- You drink the juice about a small glass when having an empty stomach
- Then you apply the remaining of the juice onto the affected skin parts.
- You apply this juice regularly to help kill the infection.
Echinacea contains alkylamides, polysaccharides, alkaloids, caffeic acid derivatives, polyacetylenes, essential oils, and flavonoids. Polysaccharides found in echinacea help stimulate your immune system as well as fight infections that are caused by bacteria. To use echinacea for treating staph infections, you just need to make a mixture of this herb with water.
Onion and garlic have similar benefits on health. Onion contains antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties that help remove fungi, bacteria & other microbes. If you want to deal with staph infection using onion, you just need to place some thick onion slices onto your boils and then you wrap them by using a sterile bandage. Next, you change your poultice each 4 hours till you see your boils drains.
Nutmeg contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which help kill bacteria causing boils & other staph infections. In addition, you can add nutmeg into your daily dishes to aid in boosting your immune system. To treat the boil and any open wound, you make a nutmeg paste with water, and then you apply this paste onto your affected skin areas before covering. In addition, you can apply the nutmeg powder onto your affected skin areas and then you leave it open.
Sea salt is one of simple but effective home remedies for staph infection. Sea salt contains around 80 elements, which are necessary to the human body. Sea salt can be used to deal with wounds & other skin infections thanks to its hygroscopic nature. In addition, sea salt is often used to relieve swelling. You just need to smear it instantly to your wound. Alternatively, you can mix sea salt and water in order to clean your wound. Besides, you can use table salt instead of sea salt, although this salt is not as efficient as sea salt.
Some safety tips you should know when applying any home remedy:
- For the boils to ripen fast, you should compress with the warm water by using cotton or a sterile cloth.
- You do not touch your affected skin areas if having sores or open wounds, and injured or broken skin.
- You need to ensure that you will keep the high level of hygiene in order to avoid staph from affecting to other areas of the body or to other people who live with you.
Related articles on getting rid of skin infection conditions:
To get more information about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 17 home remedies for staph infection on face, leg & other parts of the body, hope that this writing helps you find out the best solution to relieve your staph infection symptoms. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other home remedies for staph infection, please leave them below.