The straight hair trend never goes out of fashion because it suits most types of face. People who aren’t blessed with naturally straight hair usually turn to chemical treatments to remove unruly waves and curls as well. There are a lot of ways to get straight hair such as using hair straightening irons, chemicals, and hair products, but these artificial products can damage your scalp and hair that results in hair loss, frizzy and dull hair. Here are 9 home remedies to get straight hair naturally without damaging the lustrous locks at VKool. Keep reading this post to understand more!
9 Home Remedies To Get Straight Hair Naturally That Amaze You
1. Aloe Vera
Straight hair adds a various charm to the beauty of one woman. There are a lot of natural remedies that help in straightening hair. Aloe vera is one of such home remedies to get straight hair. Several enzymes of aloe vera promote strong and healthy hair. It is a great herb for hair and also helps to remove oily hair. In addition, aloe vera gel gives a moisturizing effect to your hair strands and its use maintains the hair straight. Here are detailed guides:
- Take out gel (½ cup) from the leaves of aloe vera.
- Add ½ cup of warm olive oil to this.
- You can also add six drops each of sandalwood and rosemary oil to it.
- Now mix all these ingredients in one bowl and then apply this mask on the scalp by covering all your hair.
- Wrap your hair using a shower cap and keep it for 1-2 hours.
- If you desire to get waves together with straight hair, then you wrap it using the aluminum covers and scrunch the hair to get waves with the straight hair.
- Wash it using cool water with a mild shampoo.
- By doing this method regularly once in one week for few weeks, you’ll fulfill the desire of getting straight hair.
2. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth has some properties, which aid in getting straight hair. Moreover, it is one mild cleansing agent, which decreases your curls without damaging the hair. Thus, fuller’s earth is also one of the best home remedies to get straight hair. Here is the recipe to use fuller’s earth:
- In a bowl, take fuller’s earth (1 cup) and next mix it with 1 egg white and 2 tablespoons of rice flour.
- Then, pour water (few drops) to have a fine mixture.
- Now, comb your hair by using your broad toothed comb before & after applying the mixture.
- Leave it for an hour, and then you can rinse it using plain water.
- Spray milk in the hair using one spray bottle. Again leave it for around 15 -20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a good shampoo. Then, use one conditioner as well.
- Use this process once in one week to obtain desired results.
Milk has moisturizing properties, which aid in straightening the hair. Additionally, proteins present in it strengthen your hair shafts plus makes them straight by getting rid of the frizz. Therefore, using milk is also considered as one of the best home remedies to get straight hair.
Method 1: Milk sprayer
- Take one spray bottle and next fill it with ½ cup of each of water and milk.
- Shake well and keep this mixture.
- Comb the hair to eliminate any tangles and then spray some milk on the hair.
- Leave it for half an hour so that this milk gets absorbed in the hair.
- Then wash it using a shampoo. After this, apply one conditioner after shampooing.
- You can spray your preferred hair perfume to alleviate the smell of milk.
- Follow this method around 2-3 days in one week for a couple of months to naturally get straight hair.
Method 2: Egg and milk hair mask
- Beat 1 egg in two cups of milk.
- Take a brush and then apply this mixture on the hair strands and allow it for about 15-20 minutes.
- After this, cover your hair using a shower cap.
- Wash your hair after half an hour.
- Use a fragrant shampoo plus conditioner while washing the hair to stay away from the egg smell.
- Repeat this method weekly to get straight as well as thicker hair naturally.
Method 3: Strawberry and milk hair mask
- Take one cup of milk and next add honey (2 tablespoons) to it.
- Now, get around 3-4 fresh strawberries and then mash them.
- After this, add those mashed strawberries to this mixture and stir well.
- Apply this mixture to each strand of the hair with the help of a hair brush, and wrap your hair using a shower cap.
- Leave it for two hours and then wash it with a mild shampoo.
- Then, comb the wet hair with one broad-toothed comb and leave your hair to dry.
- This solution helps even making your curly hair straight.
Learn more: 7 Health And Nutritional Advantages Of Raw Milk
The egg is very helpful in making your hair stronger and shiner. Olive oil mixed with eggs helps you decrease hair fall. Both egg and olive oil act together in straightening the hair naturally. Here are two ways to use eggs:
Method 1: Eggs with yogurt
- Take about 1-2 eggs based on the hair length and volume.
- Now beat the eggs with two tablespoons of yogurt.
- Yogurt aids in making the hair straight. In addition, it reduces the egg smell.
- Now apply this solution each strand of the hair.
- Wrap one shower cap and keep it for 30-40 minutes.
- After this, rinse off your hair with a fragrant shampoo.
- Repeat this process every week to get straight and healthy hair.
Method 2: Eggs with olive oil
- Take 2 eggs and next whip it nicely.
- Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and now mix it well.
- After this, apply this mixture on the scalp by covering each strands of your hair.
- Comb your hair plus wear a shower cap.
- Leave it for around 45 minutes and later wash off with a shampoo.
- Use this solution weekly once for a few months to have straight hair naturally.
5. Celery Leaves
Generally, celery leaves are also one of the top home remedies to get straight hair naturally. Celery contains lots of useful properties for making your hair straight naturally. How to get straight hair with celery leaves? Here are detailed guides:
- The first step is to take 10-12 bunches of the celery leaves.
- Chop these fine leaves and next blend it in one juicer.
- By using one muslin cloth, strain its juice.
- You can preserve this juice in one jar overnight.
- Next morning, apply the juice on your hair and scalp.
- Or you can keep this juice in one spray bottle in order to spray all over the hair and scalp.
- After this, comb your hair and keep it for 25-30 minutes.
- Cover your head using a shower cap since the juice will drip from the head.
- Wash off by using plain water and leave it to dry naturally.
- You should use this method frequently to get straight hair.
6. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral in nature, which keeps the scalp free from infections. Also, it moisturizes the hair deeply, thereby gives a shine and luster to your hair. Again, coconut milk is also one of the best home remedies to get straight hair naturally.
- Take fresh coconut milk (1 cup) and mix it with one tablespoon of lemon juice in one glass jar.
- Then, keep this jar in one fridge for 2-3 hours or until it forms one creamy layer on its top.
- Take out the cream and now massage your hair and scalp by using the cream for a few minutes.
- Wrap your hair using a shower cap. Then, cover the cap using a warm towel for half an hour.
- Wash your hair using a shampoo, and then condition the hair.
- Comb the wet hair and allow it to dry.
- You can also blow dry the straight hair to give some style to the hair.
- You can use this remedy weekly. It is even useful for making your short hair straight.
7. Hot Oil Massage
Hot oil will make your hair straight, smooth, and well hydrated. You can apply any oil for massaging the hair. However, olive oil, sesame oil, and coconut or almond oil for hair are considered as the best for straightening your hair.
- You can take any oil as per your availability and choice.
- Pour a few drops of oil in one microwave safe bowl and next heat it for about 20 seconds.
- Now apply the warm oil on the scalp by covering all the hair.
- Then, massage the scalp in one circular motion for around 20 minutes.
- Thereafter, comb your hair that will evenly distribute this oil applied.
- Combing also helps to stay away from hair fall while washing.
- Take one wet hot towel and then cover your head for half an hour.
- Rinse your hair with a shampoo and then comb your hair while it’s wet.
8. Banana Hair Mask
Basically, banana aids in keeping the hair healthy and hydrated. Using banana hair mask frequently will help to enhance the moisturizing content of the hair. It also aids in getting waves together with straight hair. Additionally, it also helps to remove itchy and dry scalp.
Method 1: Banana and papaya
- Take an equal portion of papaya and banana and mash them properly.
- Put 1 tablespoon of honey and then mix it well.
- Now apply this mask on the hair from your root to the tip.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash off.
- It is recommended to use this method frequently once in a week for one month or two.
Method 2: Banana with yogurt and olive oil
- The first step is to take two fully grown bananas and then mash them with a fork.
- Add 2 tablespoons each of honey, plain yogurt, and olive oil.
- Mix all these ingredients well to create a smooth paste.
- After this, apply this mask on the hair and wrap it using a shower cap.
- Keep it for around 30-40 minutes and afterward, wash off using a mild shampoo.
- Honey, olive oil, and yogurt moisturize your hair and make your hair thick, straight and lustrous.
- Do this remedy once in one week for a few months to have straight hair.
Learn more: Top 12 Homemade Banana Hair Masks
9. Castor Oil
One of the greatest home remedies to get straight hair is using castor oil. Castor oil conditions your hair and assists it to stay hydrated. In addition, it prevents frizzing and fights scalp infections as well. Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- The first step is to mix together 1 tablespoon of soybean oil and 2 tablespoons of castor oil.
- Next warm the mixture in one microwave for around 20 seconds.
- Then, massage your hair and scalp with it for some minutes.
- Keep it in for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it out as well as shampoo your hair.
- After this, comb your hair while it’s still wet and leave it to air dry.
To get more information related to natural remedies for beauty care, go to our main Home Remedies page. These remedies will definitely aid you in making the hair straight naturally without undergoing harmful and costlier hair treatments or spending any penny. Try these efficient and easy ways to straighten the hair at home and also share your great experiences with us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 13 Tips On How To Reduce Lactic Acid Buildup In Legs And Muscles
- Free for seniors book review – will the guidebook really help you?
- Top 10 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath In Dogs Naturally
- Natural herbs to lose weight fast – 20 best herbs
- Top 12 Best Juices For Glowing Skin You Shouldn’t Skip
- How to remove brown spots on face naturally – 10 tips
- 31 natural home remedies for pimples on face
- How to remove coffee stains from your clothes and chinaware