The regular change of the weather is one of the main reasons causing hair damage. Although the low humidity seems nice as your hair isn’t frizzy, it turns out that your hair will get really dry with the shortage of moisture in the air.
In the effects of weather, air pollution or poor hair caring, your hair may become dried and the appearance of hair damage gradually increases. To avoid or treat this problem, people use many remedies for their hair. Some of them can be mentioned as heat treatments or the increase of using hats and scarves, but they don’t know that your hair may start getting some damage, because of these methods. So, it is necessary to find out some good ones that can hydrate the hair to make it silky and shiny while mask for hair is known as a typical method.
It is not difficult to make a hair mask because its ingredients also involve in the ones used in a skin mask. There are many hair mask recipes with the different application process and homemade ones are always appreciated with the easy and safe ingredient.
In this article, VKool.com will introduce to you top 7 recipes of natural homemade hydrating hair mask that use natural ingredients to care for the hair at home. The list of recipes in this article is the best methods and tips to hydrate hair without any other effect from reliable sources. However, the article is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading it to learn these useful recipes to care for your hair by yourselves quickly and effectively.
Top 7 Natural Homemade Hydrating Hair Mask Recipes For Hair Types
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is known as the most common and easiest hydrating hair mask. The only ingredient essential is coconut oil that is cheap and not hard to find in the market. This oil is very rich in lauric acid, medium-chain fatty acids and anti-microbial properties that help in strengthening hair, conditioning the scalp, and growing hair.
To hydrate your hair, just use a quarter cup of warmed coconut oil each hair washing time and remember to keep in its liquid state. Start to apply it to your hair and keep it for at least an hour. It is advised to cover your hair with a tower or be in a bathtub for this. In addition, if you want to continue doing your chores or keeping this treatment overnight, make sure that you will take the essential precautions like a shower cap because the oil may stain clothing and linens.
When the treatment finishes, wash the coconut oil off your hair with cool water as usual. Coconut oil is really worthy to be used as a natural nutrient for hair. You should keep using it on a regular basis to hydrate your hair in any kind of conditions.
Learn more: 14 best coconut oil beauty recipes
2. Yogurt, Honey, And Olive Oil
Yogurt, honey, and olive oil are not familiar with skin care recipes and they are also applied to the hair. Yogurt has been utilized as a hair care ingredient for a long time because it has a high amount of vitamins and lactic acid that are very beneficial in treating dull and damaged hair.
Additionally, honey can also help to hydrate the hair as honey can attract moisture effectively. It is also rich in nutrients and antioxidants to feed hair follicles which aid the live part of the hair and encourage hair growth.
Moreover, olive oil has been used for hair care for many years with the role in adding shine, softness, and resilience. This oil contains some primary chemical elements like palmitic acid, oleic acid, and squalene that are all emollients necessary to soften hair.
Therefore, the mixture of yogurt, honey, and olive oil is a good natural hydrating hair mask.
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Make the mixture of 3 above ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to damp hair and keep to for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask and then wash your hair with cool water.
3. Avocado And Egg Yolk
The egg is known as an excellent ingredient for skin care and it is also a good one for hair nourishment. It contains lots of vitamins, protein, fatty acids and antioxidants that all help to give a silky and shiny hair. Egg aids in solving any problem of hair damage such as dry hair, hair loss, flaky scalp,… so it has hydrating properties in general.
Meanwhile, avocado is very rich in essential nutrients like vitamins, essential minerals, and anti-oxidants. It is also used in beauty recipes including hair mask ingredient to hydrate the hair. So, the combination of egg and avocado is really an excellent hydrating hair mask for everyone.
- 2 eggs yolk
- ½ an avocado
- Mix 2 kinds of above ingredients well together to get a paste.
- Apply it to your dry or wet hair and keep it for about 20 minutes
- Rinse it off and then wash your hair.
Read more: Avocado hair mask: 9 best recipes
4. Yogurt, Honey, And Apple Cider Vinegar
The combination of yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar is also an excellent hydrating hair mask for everyone. All of these ingredients are beneficial in caring hair and you can also add some other kitchen ingredients including strawberries for extra oil control or bananas for more moisturizing hair care.
- 1/2 to 1 cup of yogurt (depending on your hair length and thickness)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Mix all of these ingredients in a clean bowl.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp with the motion from the hair roots to its ends.
- Leave the mask for at least 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Wash your hair again with a favored shampoo to remove any yogurt or honey smell.
- Make sure to use probiotic natural yogurt for your mask because it contains live natural enzymes and rich in nutrients. Plus, your ingredient should be a plain yogurt without sugar and flavor.
- Don't add lots of apple cider vinegar because it may give a burning sensation to your scalp. The suitable ratio of apple cider vinegar and water is 1:2.
If you want to know more natural homemade hydrating hair mask for all hair types, you should continue reading the next part of this article!
5. Avocado, Milk, And Olive Oil
Avocado has been used in beauty treatments for a long time because of its nourishing and hydrating properties. Avocado can be combined with other natural ingredients like milk and olive oil to make a good hydrating hair mask.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 plastic shower cap.
- Blend the avocado chunks very smoothly and make sure there are no lumps left.
- Add the milk and olive oil to the puree, and then mix them well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair in the motion from the hair roots to its ends.
- Cover your hair with the plastic shower cap and keep it for about 15 minutes. You can take a warm and cozy bubble bath while waiting for the mask to be absorbed.
- Rinse your hair off with warm water and try to use your fingers to get rid of all avocado pieces while rinsing.
- Use a very ripe avocado for your mask to get an easy blend.
- Don’t add too much milk to the mixture of avocado to avoid a drippy hair session, ¼ cup is enough for a hydrating hair mask.
- Make sure to rinse your hair thoroughly in order to get rid of all avocado remains.
- Not necessary to use a conditioner after the rinse because avocado also acts as a natural hair conditioner.
6. Egg, Lemon, Milk, And Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 eggs (depend on the size of hair)
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 plastic shower cap.
- Separate egg yolk and white to use them for each type of hair (Only egg white for the oily hair, only egg yolk for dry hair and whole egg for the normal hair). Put your egg part in a fresh bowl and beat it, then choose your favorite rest sitting.
- Add the olive oil and milk to the egg mixture, then mix them well.
- Add the squeeze of a lemon into this mixture to give a refresh feel.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and massage it for 15 minutes and remember to keep doing from the roots to your hair ends. Ensure that you are standing over a sink or under the shower since the mask is extremely drippy.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap. You can take a soak while waiting the hair mask to be absorbed.
- Rinse the hair mask out with lukewarm water and make sure to clear all scalp areas out of egg bits.
- Use a mild shampoo finally.
- Wash your hair well with lukewarm or cool water, but not hot one because it may cook the egg in your mask. Make sure to clear your hair even though you have to do many times.
- Use a favored shampoo later to get rid of the smell of eggs.
- Don't use more than one squeeze the lemon with an egg because it can give a burning sensation on the scalp. The suitable ratio of lemon juice and egg is 1:2.
- Keep using this mask once a month to get a more beautiful hair in spite of its icky feature.
7. Banana, Coconut Oil, Honey, And Olive Oil
Banana is known as one of the best fruits for the general health and particular hair health. It has a high level of vitamins, anti-oxidants, potassium, and many natural oils that all supply moisturizing property. Banana can be combined with other hair caring ingredients like coconut oil, honey and olive oil to make a hydrating hair mask. The added moisture can strengthen the hair so as to prevent the breakage or split ends thereby keep your hair elasticity, bouncy & healthy.
- one or two ripe bananas
- one teaspoon of coconut oil
- one teaspoon of honey
- one tablespoon of olive oil
- Blend these bananas smoothly till there are actually no chunks banana pieces left.
- Add the coconut oil, olive oil, and honey to the smooth mixture and continue blending them again.
- Apply the smoothie over your hair, allow it to settle & sink in your scalp for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture out of your hair with warm water. And then, take time to use your comb through the hair.
- Do one final rinse with a favored shampoo because the bananas smell is delicious and lasts long.
- Overripe bananas are recommended to be blended more easily. So, you should freeze and then thaw the bananas before using them for your hydrating hair mask.
- Make sure to blend the bananas smoothly if you don’t want to experience a very unpleasant time combing out tiny banana pieces.
Learn more: Banana hair mask: top 12 homemade recipes
To get more information related to beauty care, go to our main Beauty page. After studying the writing top 7 recipes of natural homemade hydrating hair mask for all hair types, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to hydrate your hair with natural ingredients by yourselves. All these recipes are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for your hair health. But don’t forget to try the recipes only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction, and then continue using them. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other recipes of natural homemade hydrating hair mask for all hair types.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 10 home remedies for sore nipples during pregnancy
- What are the common causes of dandruff?
- 14 Health Benefits Of Lima Beans While Pregnant And Normal Cases
- List of bad habits and addictions: how to break them
- How to get rid of bloating in stomach as soon as possible
- Top 9 health benefits of peanut butter for women
- Top benefits of steam room and sauna therapy
- Snore buster review – does Bryan’s program help treat snoring?