Your hair gradually becomes damaged because of some daily factor like sun exposure, environment pollution, excessive shampooing, chlorinated water, and the regular change of hair style. Therefore, you have to find and try on many different commercial products sold on the market to prevent the lost shine and luster. You may not know that these products contain lots of harsh chemicals or synthetic compounds that make your hair more damaged. You had better use natural products that may hydrate your hair effectively without any side effects and natural hair mask is recommended. Egg hair mask is considered to be an easy and excellent one for your hair.
With lots of protein, eggs help you to enhance hair growth when applied to the hair. Because 70% of hair is keratin protein, the protein presented in eggs aids in rebuilding the damaged hair and strengthening it temporarily by filling in weakened spots in the hair strand. So, using eggs for a hair mask is a good choice that not only keeps your hair strong but also makes it silky and shiny. Egg hair mask is also known as an intense protein treatment with many different recipes for any types of the hair.
In this article, VKool.com will recommend you 8 recipes of homemade egg hair mask that use eggs as the main ingredients with other natural ones to care the hair at home. The list of recipes in this article is the best methods and tips to hydrate and nourish the hair without any other effects from reliable sources. However, the article is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading it to learn these useful remedies to care your hair by yourselves quickly and effectively.
Top 8 Homemade Egg Hair Mask Recipes For All Hair Types
1. Egg And Lemon
The combination of egg and lemon creates an excellent egg hair mask that can be used for any types of hair. The egg yolk is very rich in protein and fat, which is really beneficial in moisturizing the hair for a long period. Egg and lemon contain bacteria eating enzymes, which cleans your scalp and hair thereby they are recommended for those who have oily hair. This is known as the most simple and common hair mask for everyone.
- 1 full egg (applied to normal hair)
- 1 egg white (used for oily hair and scalp)
- 2 to 3 drops of fresh lemon juice
- 1 shower cap
- Take 1 or 2 eggs depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
- To make the egg’s smell more pleasant, add a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the egg and beat them until frothy.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and hair while ensuring that your hair is all covered with egg.
- Use the shower cap to cover it and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask well with cool water before using a mild shampoo.
- Just use egg white for those who own an oily hair and scalp.
- Repeat using this egg hair mask twice a week or a month while considering it as a good protein hair treatment.
2. Egg, Honey, And Coconut Oil
If your hair is damaged, you can combine egg, honey, coconut and lavender with the attractive smell to mask another egg hair mask. All of these ingredients are very rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein that help in nourishing the hair and boosting the hair growth. So the combination of them is really a good one for you.
- 1 or 2 egg whites
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 2 to 3 drops of lavender
- Separate the egg white out of the yolk and place it in a bowl
- Pour the honey, coconut oil and a few drops of lavender into the bowl then whisk them till you get a smooth mixture
- Apply the mask mixture to your hair and make sure that it covers all of your hair
- Use a shower cap for your hair and keep it for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off and then shampoo it again.
- You can use Aloe vera gel, milk or ripe avocado in place of honey in this mixture because they also have benefit in dry hair.
- Jojoba oil, almond oil can also alter your coconut oil in this egg hair mask.
Rose, lemongrass or thyme can be used in place of lavender according to your favorite smell.
See more: 14 Best coconut oil beauty recipes
3. Egg, Banana, And Milk
The combination of egg, banana and milk is also an expectable egg hair mask for your hair. Click To Tweet The ingredients are all cheap and easy to find on the market while they are beneficial in hydrating your hair. Follow the recipe below:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of milk
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Peel the banana and mash it up by a blender till you get a smooth paste
- Add the cup of milk and 2 egg whites into the banana paste and continue blending them for a final smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair by a brush while ensuring that the paste is applied to every part of your hair.
- Keep the mask at least 30 minutes then rinse it off
- Shampoo your hair again.
Notice: You can add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil or castor oil of your choice to get a better result for your damaged hair.
Read more: Banana hair mask: top 12 homemade recipes
4. Egg, Gram Flour, Curd, And Lemon
Gram flour and curb are combined with egg to make an egg hair mask for dry and dull hair. Gram flour plays a role in strengthening and conditioning the weak hair while lemon cleans the scalp and prevent dandruff, so it deeply hydrates and nourishes it. You should follow the recipe below:
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoon of curd
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Take the egg and beat it completely
- Add the gram flour into and mix them together
- Add the curd and the lemon juice and mix them well.
- Apply the mask mixture on your hair and leave it to sit for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off and shampoo your hair again.
Learn more: Lemon for stretch marks: 22 effective methods
5. Egg And Olive Oil For Dry Hair
This is also an effective egg hair mask that utilizes the good characteristic of egg combined with olive oil. The egg yolk has a large amount of fat and protein that is helpful in moisturizing and rejuvenating dry and lifeless hair, so you just have to use the egg yolk for this mask. The mask is applied to those who have dry hair.
- 1 egg yolk or egg oil (use larger amount for long and thick hair)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 shower cap
- Take the egg yolk out of the white and place it in a small bowl (you can use egg oil as an alternative one)
- Add the olive oil to the bowl of yolk or egg oil and whisk them till the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. (A half cup of mask mixture is enough for a medium-length hair)
- Make your hair little wet before applying the mixture to it so that the procedure is easier. It is advised to spread the mask from the hair roots to its ends and then use a comb with a wide tooth to comb the mask along with your hair while ensuring it is all covered.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the egg hair mask with cool water before shampooing it again, which can get rid of excess oil and egg smell, leave your hair soft and shiny with no build-up.
- Apply mask mixture more on your ends than on your roots if you want to get extra- dry ends.
- Make sure to use lukewarm or cool water so as not to cook the egg on your hair.
6. Egg And Olive Oil For Oily Hair
When your scalp generates a lot of oil, egg white is suggested in place of the egg yolk. It is because that the egg white can get rid of unexpected oil gently from the hair, and leave it soft and shiny.
- 1 to 2 egg whites (adjusted to the size of your hair)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil (adjusted to the size of your hair)
- 1 shower cap
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and keep it in a bowl
- Add the olive oil into the bowl of egg white and whisk them till the mixture becomes smooth and creamy (a half cup of mixture is enough for a medium-length hair)
- Apply the mask mixture to your wet hair in a motion from the hair roots to its end. Continue using a wide-toothed comb to spread the egg hair mask along with your hair.
- Cover your hair with the shower cap and keep it in for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask with cool water and then shampoo your hair again to remove excess oil and egg smell. Remember to use cool water in order not to cook the egg in your hair.
7. Egg, Vinegar, And Olive Oil
This egg hair mask is used to prevent dandruff because vinegar acts as a cleaning agent. Egg helps in conditioning the hair and making it smooth and silk while olive oil nourishes and hydrates dull hair. The recipe may be very easy.
- 1 full egg
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Beat the egg in a small bowl
- Add the vinegar and olive oil to the bowl and mix them well.
- Apply the mask mixture to your hair by a brush from roots to strands.
- Rinse the mask off after keeping it for at least 45 minutes and shampoo your hair and condition it as usual.
8. Egg And Castor Oil
This egg hair mask is used to grow your hair with the benefits of castor oil. It can make your hair silky, smooth, and manageable.
- 2 full eggs
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil
- Beat 2 eggs in a blender.
- Add the castor oil to the eggs and mix them well to get a creamy smooth consistency.
- Use a brush to apply the mask mixture on your scalp and strands and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Keep your hair for 30 minutes then shampoo it and condition it as usual.
To learn more information related to beauty care, go to our main Beauty page. After studying the article of top 8 recipes of homemade egg hair mask for all hair types, hope that you can know more some easy and simple ways to hydrate and nourish your hair with egg and other natural ingredients by yourselves. These 8 recipes are safe, natural, effective as well as easily available for your hair health. But don’t forget to try the recipes only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction, and then continue using them. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other recipes of homemade egg hair mask.