Nails are made of a kind of protein named keratin. We have finger nails, toe nails and finger nails usually develop faster than toe nails. Actually, some factors in life can contribute to slow growth of nails including lack of nutrients, medications, health problems, or hormonal changes in your body. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 19 natural home remedies for nail growth fast and effectively. Keep reading the article and you will find out some cheap and safe ways for your nails.
Top 19 Natural Home Remedies For Nail Growth Fast And Effectively
Some other factors can cause slow nail growth are nail problems, splitting, breakage, brittle nails, etc. Meanwhile, some natural ways at home can help you encourage strong and healthy nail growth including nutrient diet and helpful lifestyle. Here are top 19 home remedies for nail growth you should refer to:
3. Vitamin E
5. Hand Massage
7. Nail Biting
9. Nail Paints
11. Night Treatment
12. Olive Oil
13. Orange Juice
15. Coconut Oil
18. Flaxseed Oil
You may think egg shells are not useful and often throw them away after taking the inside parts but they are beneficial indeed. Egg shells can be used as one of the home remedies for nail growth due to their high levels of calcium, protein, iron (folic acid), and minerals such as magnesium and potassium. These factors help strengthen the nails and prevent them from damage. Below is the direction of using egg shells for nail growth:
- Crush the shells then put them in a blender
- Add pecans, almonds, and flax seeds to the blender and blend them to get a powder
- Take a teaspoon of the powder with warm milk each morning
- Use this remedy for a month to experience your stronger healthy nails.
Learn more: 15 Home Remedies For Splinters Removal
Garlic is also known as one of home remedies for nail growth. More exactly, it protects the nails against infection due to its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties but not stimulates the nails grow. By anyway, garlic is also a good one for the nail health and beauty.
- Cut a garlic clove in half then rub them on your nails and keep for a few minutes to absorb.
- Blend some cloves of garlic to get a paste then apply it to your nails for 5 minutes. Use this remedy for a week then you can find the good result.
Vitamin E is an essential factor for the health of nails and hair. So, it is helpful to make vitamin E be absorbed through the nails more easily and quickly which stimulates the growth of them.
- Add one of the essential oils (e.g. tea tree oil) to vitamin E then mix them together
- Warm up the mixture a bit by heating
- Dip your nails in the warm mixture and leave it on your nails overnight.
If you don’t take care of your nails carefully, they are easily brittle, dry, damaged, and even affected by other worse problems. Besides, if you don’t clean your nails as much as necessary, soak them in dishwashers or use detergents too much, your nails then become weaker which make it easy to get fungal infections or infections like ring nails. It is recommended to use essential oils to massage your nails in order to keep them healthy, which is also considered as one of the home remedies for nail growth. You can use tea tree oil or peppermint oil because they are antibacterial and anti-fungal, which helps keep your nails free from infections and always shining. Follow these directions:
- Take some tea tree oil or peppermint oil in your fingers then massage it in your nails.
- Keep the oil overnight then you can feel the result in just a few days.
Notice: If you have to wash dishes or clothes too often, keep massaging your nails with the essential oils at least once a week and wear gloves to protect your hands from harsh chemicals which may cause your nails weaker.
In fact, massaging a certain body part helps this area to flush with blood. By this way, the blood flow there is improved, thus, the formation of cells there is also increased. As the white area on your nails is the outgrowth of new cells, your nails will grow faster if this cell formation is stimulated. Massaging your hands as follows as one of your home remedies for nail growth:
- Use a loose polythene bag to cover your hand then tie the ends making an air-proof area which keeps the inside hand heat.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, remove the bag
- Use a hand scrub to scrub your hand, or alternatively, a teaspoon salt to scrub it including the corners of the nails then scrub for 5 minutes.
- Eliminate your cuticles then wash your hand off
- Do similar to the other hand.
Learn more: 12 Natural hand care tips at home
Not only do you pay attention to what to apply to your nails but you also have to notice which food to take in if you want to have nice nails. In fact, nails are only simple things that are made up from proteins, thus, it is necessary to supply enough proteins for them to grow. Some protein- rich foods recommended are meat, fish, eggs, cheese, and dry fruits that all help you to see the better result after consuming. Below are some suggestions:
- Eggs: cook them by anyways such as boiling, half frying, full frying, or scrambling and eat them regularly by adding them to your breakfast each day.
- Add more fish, cheese, dry fruits as well as other protein-rich foods to your diet to encourage your nails to grow.
See more: List of 16 high protein food sources
Biting nails is the habit of many girls, which gives bad effects to the growth and health of nails. If you do not stop biting your nails, they will be always acrylic ones. That means you are destroying your nails without the interruption of any external factors. If you are biting them as a habit difficult to give up, you can follow these tips:
- Keep focusing on your current working
- Keep your mind always busy with other things
- Wear lipsticks to prevent yourself from biting the nails as this can ruin your lipstick layer.
Similar to the hair care by trimming it to promote the hair growth, trimming the nails also stimulates their growth. You may trim your nails to get your chosen shape, but not notice that this is also one of the home remedies for nail growth. Don’t forget to trim your nails carefully otherwise, there may be some accidents possible to break yours.
- Trim the nail corner once every week
- To shape your nails, file the uneven areas carefully.
Nail paints are very necessary for the girls, but they often pay no attention to their ingredients before buying which can effect on their nail growth. Therefore, remember to check your nail paints the next time to avoid any containing sulphonamide, toluene, and formaldehyde.
No matter how much you like the color, you should not use any nail pain with these ingredients which can damage your nails more than your imagination. As mentioned above, your nails are just simple made up of proteins while these chemicals de-structure these proteins, so your nails can be damaged. To conclude, avoid nail paints with sulphonamide, toluene, and formaldehyde to get healthy nails.
Vaseline is considered as another of the home remedies for nail growth. IT is advised to smear some Vaseline after trimming your nails, which helps keep them soft and shining. This is a simple way to get beautiful and healthy nails.
- Take a small amount of Vaseline and smear it on the nail corners by a cotton bud.
- After an hour, remove the cuticles.
It is memorable that the night is an ideal time to take care of your nails. Before going to bed, massage your nails with vitamin E or favorite oils as follows:
- Cut 2 to 3 vitamin capsules then apply their liquid to your nails
- Wear manicure gloves and keep them overnight.
- Get rid of the glove the next morning. Do this for a week to feel the better change.
Do you want to stimulate your nail grow faster? It is necessary to moisturize your nails when they develop. Olive oil is one of the most natural home remedies for nail growth you should try at home. The reason why people should believe in this ingredient is olive oil includes vitamin E to improve blood circulation and will help repair damaged nails as well as stimulate nail growth and strength. Here is the way to use olive oil for your nails.
- Before you sleep, apply some warm olive oil to nails, massage them for 5 minutes and leave it overnight. You can wear gloves to moisturize your nails.
- Alternatively, you can soak your nails in warm olive oil for 15-30 minutes.
- You can do this method once daily.
Read more: How To Remeove Skin Tags And Moles
Another home remedy to boost up your nail development is orange juice, which is high in vitamin C and can make your nails healthier and stronger time to time. Orange juice is also great in folic acid so you can trust in this ingredient in progress of improving nails. The method is:
- Use some fresh orange juice and soak your nails for 10-15 minutes.
- Then you wash off with warm water and use natural moisturizer for nail as usual.
- You can do this method once per day.
Lemons are great home remedies for nail growth because it is great in vitamin C and it also can cure yellow nails as well as provide a good shine for your nails. Now you need:
- A tablespoon of lemon juice, some tablespoons of olive oil. Microwave the mixture and soak your nails in 10 minutes before washing off with water.
- You can cut lemon into different slices and rub slices on nails for 15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Then you pat dry and use a natural moisturizer as usual.
- Make sure that you do not apply lemon slices on hangnails or cuts because it can cause sting.
Like olive oil, coconut oil is perfect for your nail health. This ingredient is used commonly in skin, hair, and nails care because it will improve your cuticles as well as heal effectively your fungal nails. The way to use coconut oil for nail is:
- Take some warm extra-virgin coconut oil and massage your nails every day before bedtime.
- You can mix some drops of rosemary oil, honey, and some coconut oil. Microwave the mixture for 15-20 seconds.
- Then you soak your nails in the mixture for 15 minutes.
- You can do this method 1-2 times each week.
Using herbs is a smart way to improve your nail growth and horsetail is such an herb you should use. This herb is good in minerals, silica, and calcium that can improve nail health. The way to use horsetail is:
- You prepare some cups of boiling water to boil a teaspoon of dried horsetail.
- Cover and steep it 10-15 minutes.
- Strain, cool it naturally.
- Next you soak your nails in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- You can do several times each week to receive the best result.
Tomatoes are also good home remedies for nail growth due to it biotin, which make nails shiny and thick. In addition, tomatoes have vitamin C and vitamin A that can enhance skin health and nails. The way to use tomatoes for nails is:
- Combine some tablespoons of olive oil with a cup of tomato juice.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- You can do this method once each day to have better result.
There are a lot of other natural home remedies for nail growth presented in this writing, so keep reading to learn more!
To boost your nail growth, you should try to use flaxseed oil. Like other home remedies for nail growth, flaxseed oil is great in improving nail health due to its source of protein, zinc, lecithin, and potassium, magnesium, and B vitamins. The method is:
- Massage your nails with flaxseed oil for a few minutes.
- Wear cotton gloves in some hours to moisturize your nails before washing off with warm water.
- You can do this treatment once or twice each day.
Supplying vitamins is essential to improve your health in general and nail health in specific. Biotin is an important vitamin to stimulate your growth of nails. The method is very simple like this:
- You can eat biotin rich foods such as walnuts, oats, lentils, strawberries, soybeans, milk, cucumber, cauliflower, almonds, salmon, tomatoes, carrots, grains, eggs, etc.
- You can get biotin supplements but make sure to ask your doctor before using them.
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many health problems, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 8 natural home remedies for nail growth, I hope that you have learned some useful ways to make your nails develop fast and effectively. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Related articles on nail problems: