White tongue is one of the common oral issues that many people often face with. Although this is not a big problem, you still need to pay attention to your tongue because it is among the strongest muscles that can help you taste food, talk, and swallow. The reason for white coated tongue is also abundant. It may be caused by bacteria, food debris, or dead cells. People who often smoke, drink much alcohol and have an improper oral hygiene also are facing with white tongue. As you can see, white tongue can make you unconfident due to the bad breath and uncomfortable due to a bitter taste when eating food.
Actually, it is not too difficult to tackle this problem. In addition to using medicines or other chemical treatments, you can apply some home remedies for white tongue that you can easily find in your kitchen. Of course, the process to carry out the natural treatment is also so simple that you can do it yourself at home. However, you still have to put a little effort to get the best result. VKool would like to introduce you the article about home remediesfor white tongue this time. It is very useful for you if you are having a white coated tongue. For those other people, you should write down the following methods in your own handbook and keep it for further situations.
In fact, you can use various treatments to deal with a white tongue but due to the limitation, we cannot list out all of them in this article. Nevertheless, we will provide you 8 best home remedies for white tongue that you can follow easily.
Hopefully, “Top 8 natural home remedies for white tongue that you should know” will be your favorite article thanks to its usefulness. Let’s see how we can take advantage of natural ingredients and kitchen staples to treat white coated tongue.
Top 8 Home Remedies For White Tongue
In my opinion, whenever talking about oral issues, I am often reminded of something has the antibacterial function like salt because it is a common kitchen staple that comes up to my mind first. It also explains why salt becomes the most effective ingredient for white tongue treating. As you know, salt is famous for its coarse nature that has the capacity of removing the food debris and dead cells. The antiseptic property of salt also contributes to killing bacteria, the main cause of bad breath when you get a white tongue.
It is very easy to use salt as one of the home remedies for white tongue. We will offer you two methods and hope that you can turn it into your good habit.
You are required to take some salt and sprinkle on your white coated tongue. After that, you use a toothbrush and scrub your tongue gently. It takes you about one minute only before rinsing with warm water. You are advised to do this twice per day and maintain for at least one week. The amazing result will occur. Remember that this is among the useful home remedies for white tongue.
This is a good habit that we recommend you taking up because it will not only help you remove the food debris and dead cells but also contribute to keeping your tongue in a hygiene status. As you know, when we dilute salt with warm water, we will have an effective homemade mouthwash that is recommended gargling several times per day to maintain the healthy oral status.
2. Home Remedies For White Tongue – Yogurt
Have you ever thought that yogurt is among the best home remedies for white tongue? As you know, it isa good ingredient not onlyfor weight loss but also for treating a white tongue thanks to its probiotic property. It may be a good news for those who are facing with white coated tongue because they can eat yogurt daily to deal with their problem.
Instead of putting a little effort to gargle with salt water or brushing your tongue with salt, you have another treatment with yogurt that is an easier one, in comparison with salt. In my opinion, if I had a white tongue, I would apply this method. Some researchers have proved that yogurt contains a high amount of probiotics, which can discourage the development of candida fungus and gradually remove it owing to the B lactic as well as L acidophilus contained in probiotics.
You can consume yogurt daily to treat candida fungus, as said before. However, in my opinion, this method is known as a long-term treatment but not an immediate one. It is because of a number of probiotics contained in yogurt, which is categorized as one of the most effective home remedies for white tongue. As a result, we also offer you another treatment from probiotics.
Do you know the probiotics capsule? You should take one and mix the powder with a little water to make a solution. A mouthwash from probiotics is one of the home remedies for white tongue that you should apply. Gargle with this solution after you brush your teeth. Finally, you should take a glass of water. You are required to do this once a day and maintain the process for one week. You will get the best result.
Learn more: Natural Home Remedies For Dark Neck Skin
Learn more: Best Natural Home Remedies For Dark Lips
3. Aloe Vera Juice
For those who are not interested in salt and yogurt, you can consider Aloe Vera juice, one of the best home remedies for white tongue. Perhaps, in addition to salt and yogurt, the third ingredient to treat white tongue that people are often concerned about is Aloe Vera juice. It is a common juice that is widely used for skin and body care.
Many types of research have shown that Aloe Vera juice has three main properties, which helps to solve the problem with your tongue. They are the antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. That is the reason why it is effective to use Aloe Vera juice to remove the white coated tongue and treat bad breath as well.
Not surprisingly, the process of using Aloe Vera juice as one of the home remedies for white tongue is very simple. You are suggested to follow these steps.
- Prepare some Aloe Vera leaves and peel them to get their gel only
- Put them in a blender and then blend them with some water
- You are supposed to take a tablespoon of this juice and swish in your mouth. After a while, spit it out.
- Finally, drink another tablespoon of Aloe Vera juice
- In two weeks, if you do this several times per day, you will get the amazing result.
Read more: The High Blood Pressure Solution Review
4. Scrape Your Tongue Every Morning In ARight Way
The proper oral hygiene also contributes to treating the white coated tongue. Scraping your tongue is easy but you should bear in your mind something I will show you right after.
Here are four things you should remember. Firstly, you should not scrape your tongue in a hard way. Instead, do it gently, which is enough to remove the bacteria. Also, scraping your tongue is not the only treatment for bad breath. Moreover, you are supposed to use a simple tongue scraper instead of a complex one. The last thing is to brush your tongue every morning because it is the most suitable time to do your oral hygiene.
- The first thing that you are required to do is to swish some warm water. It will be easier to remove the dirt on your tongue if you do that.
- Cleaning the top layer is the second step that you have to follow. Use a dry scraper and completely scrape your tongue from left to right.
- Then, you should apply the toothpaste in order to speed up the process of cleaning your tongue.
- The last step is to apply a little toothpaste on your tongue and leave it for about 1.5 minutes. After that, scrape your tongue once again with that amount of toothpaste that you have applied on your tongue.
That is all the process to make your tongue clean in a proper way. It is not like a type of home remedies for white tongue but this method acts as a good treatment that you can do it yourself at home.
5. Home Remedies For White Tongue – Turmeric Powder
Besides those home remedies for white tongue that we have mentioned above, you can consider using turmeric to address this oral issue. In general, turmeric and turmeric powder are well known for their powerful antibacterial functions. That is why this ingredient has the ability to decelerate the development of bacteria. It is more effective and powerful to combine turmeric powder with raw lemon juice to treat white tongue. It seems to be hard to apply on your tongue but it is an efficient method for this oral problem. I think it is worth to trying this treatment. We highly recommend you applying this process.
- Make a paste from half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a sufficient amount of fresh lemon juice.
- Now, scrub the solution on your tongue. It may take you a few minutes to do that before rinsing off your tongue with warm water.
- You are recommended repeating the process on a daily basis.
At the same time, you can make a type of mouthwash from turmeric powder and water. It will contribute to having a healthy tongue.
- Combine half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a glass of fresh water. Stir it well.
- Gargle with this homemade mouthwash from 1-2 times per day to get a healthy tongue.
6. Baking Soda
Among those home remedies for white tongue, if you satisfy with none of them, you can think about baking soda that is a great treatment among home remedies for white tongue. As you know, baking soda is known as an ingredient for skin care as body care that many women lay their belief on. In fact, researchers have demonstrated that baking soda has the strong exfoliating nature, which can help to remove the white residue on your tongue. Furthermore, it has the capacity of neutralizing acids in your mouth, thereby maintaining the proper pH levels. Like turmeric, when combined with raw lemon juice, the function of baking soda is enhanced more and more. You can make use of baking soda and lemon to treat your oral problem.
- Make a paste from a sufficient amount of baking soda and fresh lemon juice.
- Brush your tongue gently with the mixture and a toothbrush.
- Rinse with water after brushing.
- Repeat the process every day to get the best result
- It is great if you can dilute the baking soda in water and use it as a type of homemade mouthwash twice per day.
Personally, I hope that you will success with this method because I think it is one of the easiest home remedies for white tongue that you should know.
Have you ever heard the name “Neem”? It seems to be very strange with you even me. Actually, Neem is an Indian herb that Indian people often use for some oral issues. Neem is also called in a botanical name, which is AdirachtaIndica. Although it is not a common herb, many researchers told that it had the ability to treat white coated tongue effectively.
Neem has a bitter taste, thus, many people tend to make it sweet when using it to treat white tongue, which is not recommended at all. Hence, please note that when applying this method as home remedies for white tongue, do not sweeten the herb in any way.
- Neem leaves: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 1 cup
- Put the ingredients in a pot and boil it up
- Until you get half a cup of boiled Neem water, turn off and let it cool.
- Gargle with this water in a regular basis.
Hopefully, you can enjoy this method.
Read more: 10 Natural Home Remedies for Bed Sore
Neem – an Indian herb can help to treat white coated tongue.
8. Home Remedies For White Tongue – Oil Pulling Method
For many people, oil pulling seems to be a strange treatment for white coated tongue. However, it is known as an effective treatment for all the levels of age. If you have some oral problems, you can think about the good impact of the oil pulling treatment. Actually, this method can be applied for some oral issues, apart from white tongue. It is also simple to carry out the oil pulling treatment. You should read the process below to know how to use. You can use coconut oil or sesame oil to do the oil pulling method. Because coconut oil is quite a common natural ingredient, we suggest you to use it in this treatment. One tablespoon of this oil should be a sufficient amount.
- Swish the coconut oil around inside your mouth before brushing your teeth.
- Note: you are not recommended gargling or swallowing the oil during the process.
- Swish it for nearly 15 minutes until you see the oil turn into milky color.
- Spit it out and gargle with water.
- Do this on a daily basis.
As mentioned, sesame oil should be a good replacement that you can use for the same result. If there is one of these two oils in your kitchen, you should consider applying the oil pulling method to treat white tongue.
Recommended article: 61 Home Remedies for Oral Thrush in Infants and Adults
If you would like to have much more information, you can visit our main page about Home Remedies. It provides you a lot of natural home remedies used to treat many health and beauty problems. In our opinion, it is very useful and convenient for you to take all advantage of the natural remedies that appear in your house. We hope that you will find it helpful and interested when visiting our site. If please, you are encouraged to share with your friends about what you get from our blog. We would like to emphasize that we always welcome all of you to visit our page. Many members often leave their comments below the topic. If you want to join the conversation, feel free to drop your thoughts below. We highly appreciate your polite words. Thank you so much for your consideration.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 19 Natural ways to balance hormones in females that work
- 26 Tips On Best Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat
- Top 4 Vitamins For Eyes Treatment – Eye Health
- Treatment For Scalds – Top Best Home Remedies
- How to get rid of mouth ulcers naturally & fast – 30 best ways
- How to get rid of blood blisters at home without popping them
- Learn photoshop now PDF download review – does this guide work?
- How to treat upset stomach naturally at home – 11 tips