Homemade scrubs or DIY skin care recipes are what you can do at home easily. These recipes will help you get a healthy skin, and make you become beautiful and attractive. Ingredients of these homemade scrub recipes are very cheap, fresh, natural, and absolutely chemical free. From the site Vkool, I made this article to show you top 15 perfect homemade scrubs for you face skin. In this writing, I believe that you will find the best answers to most of your skin issues.
15 Perfect Homemade Scrubs For Your Face Skin
1. Tomato Sugar Face Scrub
Ingredients you need are 1 tomato and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Step 1 – Cut 1 tomato in half and then dip it in the sugar
- Step 2 – Rub your face with this tomato in a circular motion
- Step 3 – Leave it on your face for 10 minutes and then rinse
When using this recipe, you need to avoid the eyes area. In addition, you do not use this recipe if you are allergic to tomatoes.
Why this scrub recipe works: Tomatoes have lycopene in them. That is the reason why tomatoes have a deep red color. Lycopene is known as an antioxidant, which helps protect your skin and face from the dangerous UV sunrays. This antioxidant also helps prevent wrinkles by keeping your skin’s elasticity. In addition, sugar is also good for your face skin because it is a natural humectant. Humectant helps retain moisture, so the sugar can help pull moisture into your face skin and keep it there.
2. Yummy Chocolate Sugar Face Scrub
Ingredients include ½ cup of almond oil, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1¼ cup of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 small mixing bowl, 1 spoon, 1 measuring cup, and 1container.
Step by step instructions:
Firstly, you pour 1 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl and then you pour another 1/4 of sugar into this bowl. Secondly, you add 3 tablespoons of the cocoa powder to this mixing bowl. Thirdly, you add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Fourthly, you pour 1/2 cup to 1 cup of almond oil into this mixing bowl. Fifthly, you mix these ingredients together until you see that they are well blended. Finally, you apply this mixture all around your face and then exfoliate your skin until you feel satisfied. You let it on your face for about 10 minutes and then you wash off the scrub with the warm water. If you would like preserve this mixture in some days, you can find a container to put this chocolate scrub into. If you do not have a container, you can apply plastic wrap over this bowl, and then store in a dry room temperature place. In addition, scrub should last up to some months to see better results.
3. Sugar And Lemon Face Scrub
Ingredients include 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 1/2 fresh lemon, 1 teaspoons of organic honey, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 medium sized tupperware bowl with lid.
- Step 1 – Add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in to a bowl
- Step 2 – Add the honey and stir fast until these ingredients bind together and create a medium thick consistency.
- Step 3 – Add 1/2 cup of granulated sugar into this bowl
- Step 4 – For a body scrub: Apply to the body, especially to your elbows, your knees, your feet and your hands (including cuticles and nails) and rub in circular motions for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then, you rinse and enjoy the silky softness of your smooth skin.
- Step 5 – For a face scrub: this recipe is ideal for you if you suffer from breakouts and acne or acne prone skin, because, lemon tightens your pores and evens out the skin tone. In addition, sugar helps remove dead skin cells and then clean pores. Furthermore, olive oil can help heal acne scaring. Moreover, honey helps prevent future breakouts. To use on your face, you follow the same recipe instructions then you apply it into your face to clean face with gentle, circular motions. However, you need to be cautious of applying on your open wounds because the lemon may sting. You should leave it on your face for 7 to 10 minutes and then rinse with the cool water.
Keep reading the next part of this writing to discover other homemade scrubs for your skin.
4. Cinnamon Sugar Lip Scrub
Ingredients you need are 1 part white sugar, 1 part coconut oil, with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Step 1 – Mix the sugar and coconut oil together
- Step 2 – Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon into this mixture
- Step 3 – Mix well and apply to your lips
- Step 4 – Gently scrub by using circular motions and then rinse off
Learn more: List Of 9 Natural Oils For Skin Care
5. Citrus Salt Scrub
All ingredients you need are ½ cup of coconut or olive oil, ½ cup of coarse sea salt, and 1 ½ teaspoon of orange or lemon zest.
How to use: everything you need to do is to combine all ingredients together. Then, you can apply it on your face and you body skin in the morning shower. This recipe will help wake up all your senses.
Recommended reading: 16 Home Remedies For Wrinkles And Age Spots On Face & Body
6. Red Bump Eraser Scrub With Avocado And White Sugar
Do you have red bumps on your face? I will show you a scrub recipe that is used to treat these red bumps. This scrub should be used every time you shower.
Ingredients you need are:
- 1 plastic Kerr jar
- Avocado or olive oil
- 1 cup of white sugar
- And an essential oil of your choice
- Step 1 – Add avocado or olive oil into 1 plastic Kerr jar
- Step 2 – Fill up the jar with 1 cup of white sugar until this mixture is about 1 inch from the top
- Step 3 – Pour in oil onto the top, and then add some drops of your favorite essential oil such as coconut oil to add a nice fragrance and shake well.
- Step 4 – Apply this mixture to you affected skin area and then wait for some minutes and rinse off
7. Ground Oatmeal And Ground Almond Meal Scrub
This is one of simple DIY homemade scrubs for smooth skin, which almost people can use and keep it for a long time. To make this recipe, simply, you combine ground oats together with ground almond meal and then you add water or other liquid you like. You can use it so you do not have to worry about refrigerating. This recipe will help bring out your natural beauty with some simple steps.
Everything you need: ½ cup of finely ground oatmeal and ½ cup of finely ground almond meal. In addition, you can use water or rosewater. Furthermore, you can also use milk for dry skin or witch hazel for oily skin. You will only add the liquid when you are going to use the scrub.
- Step 1 – Grind oats and almond meal separately
- Step 2 – Combine together in a container
- Step 3 – When you are ready to use, you should take about 1 ½ tablespoon of dry ingredients and then add a little bit of your liquid you choose
- Step 4 – Allow the oats to soak before applying it to your face
- Step 5 – Gently scrub your face and then rinse off with the warm water
Learn more: Face and Neck Aerobics program
8. Sesame Oil, Ground Clove, And Dried Rose Petal Scrub
Ingredients you need:
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of dried rose petals
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups of sesame oil
- Step 1 – Combine all ingredients in 1 large bowl
- Step 2 – Make sure that everything is well mixed, and then you use on damp face skin 2 times a week
- Step 3 – You should scrub with a washcloth in small or with your hands in small, circular motions
If you want to know other homemade scrubs for your skin, continue reading the next part of this writing.
9. DIY Lavender And Oatmeal Face Scrub
Ingredients you need are 1 cup of ground oatmeal, 1/2 cup of dry lavender flowers, 1/2 cup of powdered milk (nonfat), and 2 teaspoons of cornmeal.
How to use: firstly, you mix all these dry ingredients into a bowl. Secondly, you massage into your damp face skin. Finally, rinse off with the warm water. You should apply this recipe for six months.
10. Pineapple Face Scrub
Ingredients you need to buy are 2/3 cup of fresh pineapple chunks, 1/4 cup of cold-pressed olive oil, and 1/4 cup of fresh, clean parsley.
How to do:
- Step 1 – Pulse pineapple in a blender
- Step 2 – add oil into this blender until almost smooth
- Step 3 – Add parsley, and then blend carefully so mask does not liquefy
- Step 4 – Apply this mixture to your face skin and leave it on your face for about 15 minutes
Recommended reading: 24 Ways To Remove Dead Skin Cells From Face
11. Coffee Face Scrub
Ingredients you need to have:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of coffee grinds
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
- 1/3 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Step 1 – wash your face first before applying this scrub
- Step 2 – Just mix in all these ingredients and then gently scrub your face skin for a minute or more
- Step 3 – Wash your face
12. Simple Sugar Face Scrub
- 1 teaspoon of organic cane sugar
- 1 to 2 drops of water
- 1 to 2 drops of lavender, orange, lemon or melaleuca essential oil
How you do it:
- Step 1 – Combine all ingredients you have in a small bowl
- Step 2 – Use the tips of fingers, and then rub scrub into your clean facegently
- Step 3 – Remember that you need to massage carefully to avoid the eyes, and then you remove this mixture by rinsing with the cool water
- Step 4 – if necessary, you can add on a thin layer of oil as a moisturizer
This sugar scrub can help you get rid of dry and dead skin, and leave you with a clean and fresh face.
Recommended reading: How To Lose Face Fat Fast And Naturally At Home
13. Honey And Oatmeal Facial Scrub
Here is what you need:
- 15 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1teaspoon of dried lavender
How you do it:
Run oatmeal through 1 blender to break it up a bit, then transfer oatmeal back into your measuring cup, then add dried lavender if you have it. Next, you stir to combine all these ingredients together. Next, you add more honey to this mixture if necessary. Finally, transfer the scrub to a glass container or small Tupperware with a lid.
You can use this scrub like using other facial scrub/cleansers. In addition, you can apply olive oil or other essential oils. Remember that one batch should last two weeks, if used daily.
14. Olive Oil, Honey And Uncooked Oat Scrub For Dry Facial Skin
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1/8 cup honey
Detailed steps: Use a food processor and then pulse oats until they are broken down into some parts. Next, you transfer oats to a clean small bowl, and then add in olive oil and honey. Next, you mix together with a fork or spoon. Next, you take a thick layer of this facial scrub, and then gently massage it into your face for about 60 seconds. Leave it on your kin for an extra 5 to 10 minutes, and then rinse with the cold water.
15. Carrot And Coconut Oil Face Scrub
Ingredients you need are:
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- Step 1 – Roughly chop 1 carrot into 5 parts
- Step 2 – Bring about a cup of water to a boil in one sauce pan
- Step 3 – Add carrots and reduce the heat to low
- Step 4 – Cover and steam for about 8 to10 minutes
- Step 5 – Drain water and add carrots to your food processor or blender.
- Step 6 – Add coconut oil and then blend until smooth like a puree
- Step 7 – Wash face with a few drops of olive oil or regular cleanser
- Step 8 – Apply this mixture to face, and avoid the eyes and mouth
- Step 9 – Allow it to set on your face about 15 to20 minutes
- Step 10 – Wash face with the warm water
To see all of our recipes for taking care of face and body, go to our main Skin Care page.
After reading my writing about 15 natural homemade scrubs for face, I hope that it helps you choose the besthomemade scrubs for your face skin. I also show you step by step instructions on how to make these homemade scrubs. Got a question? Need answers? Leave a comment below. Now are you ready to try using these homemade scrubs to see better results for your skin face?