Nowadays more diseases are related to commercial beauty products, especially cancer. To reduce effects of chemicals from these products, you should consider natural remedies for skin and hair. In this article on VKool site, I am going to show you homemade shampoo recipes for fine and natural hair. Check out all these shampoo recipes below!
Top 25 Homemade Shampoo Recipes For Fine And Natural Hair
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can work as a shampoo and a conditioner. In fact, vinegar is known as a tonic which has the ability to balance the natural pH level of the hair and also close the hair cuticles, making it shiny and supple as well as keep an itchy scalp at bay because vinegar can help to boost blood circulation. Besides, apple cider vinegar is also useful for tangled hair because your hair will slide through the comb more easily when your hair cuticles are closed.
How to use:
You simply dilute about a tablespoon of this vinegar with 1 cup of clean water and use it to shampoo your hair, followed by a mild shampoo. You can double the amount of apple cider vinegar depending on the length of your hair.
2. Homemade Shampoo Recipes With Shea Butter And Lavender Essential Oil
If you own a severely damaged and extremely dry hair, the shampoo mixture of shea butter and lavender essential oil can aid in restoring the natural moisture and ensure a good health of your hair.
- 200 ml of liquid castile soap
- 15 ml of organic shea butter
- 8 to 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate
- 50 ml of distilled water
How to use:
- At first, you put the solid shea butter over the boiling water until it is melted completely.
- After that, you let it cool to the room temperature.
- Now, you mix the distilled water together with sodium bicarbonate.
- Next, you pour the liquid castile soap into the above mixture and stir well for 30 seconds. Do not let it form too much foam.
- You add the melted shea butter and lavender essential oil into the mixture and blend it well.
- You use this mixture as your shampoo to get a healthy hair.
3. Beer Shampoo Recipe
Like apple cider vinegar, beer is another among great homemade shampoo recipes that can add volume and shine to your hair. The malt and hops contain proteins helping you to restore the damaged hair. Shampooing with beer is also advised for people having curly hair.
How to use:
- You simply rinse your hair with after shampooing it with your favorite shampoo. Remember that you just can use beer which was opened one day ago or more.
- You pour the beer directly into your hair and then gently massage your hair for several minutes.
- Finally, you rinse your hair again with warm water. Avoid using hot water to rinse it.
4. Green Tea, Olive Oil, And Honey Homemade Shampoo Recipes
Green tea, in fact, contains antioxidant properties which can make your hair look beautiful and healthy by keeping gray hair at bay as well as reducing hair loss.
- 1 cup of liquid castile soap
- A handful of organic green tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon of organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of organic raw honey
- 1 cup of distilled water
How to use:
- At first, you put the green tea leaves in the distilled water and boil this.
- Allow this to steep for 27 to 30 minutes.
- Now, you strain the green tea and add the liquid castile soap, honey, and olive oil in this green tea.
- You mix everything well and apply it as your usual shampoo.
5. Homemade Shampoo Recipes With Rosemary And Shampoo Bar
The combination of rosemary and lavender essential oil is another of natural homemade shampoo recipes that you can try applying to get beautiful hair.
- 1 Shampoo bar made from rosemary, lavender essential oil, and tea tree oil
- A tablespoon of dried rosemary (or 3-inch twig of fresh rosemary)
- 3 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon of xanthan gum (optional)
How to use:
- First of all, you grate this shampoo bar well and mix it with the water and rosemary.
- Then you cook this mixture for a while until it is dissolved completely.
- You stir frequently and take the mixture out of the heat.
- Let it cool naturally to the room temperature and remove the rosemary (if you use the rosemary twig) and add the xanthan gum in it (if you use).
- You put in an old shampoo container or pump-style bottle and use it as you usual shampoo.
Note: During the first week using this shampoo, your hair may experience a detox/transition period. In this time, it can look greasy. However, when your hair can adapt to this natural homemade rosemary shampoo, your hair will become look healthy, glossy, and clean.
Learn more: 10 Health Benefits Of Rosemary
6. Gelatine Homemade Shampoo Recipes
Do you know that this is one of the easy homemade shampoo recipes that can make your hair look thicker and shinier?
- Gelatine powder – 1 tablespoon
- Water – A little
- Egg yolk from 2 eggs
How to use:
- Firstly, you mix the gelatine powder with the water and let it stay aside for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Then, you heat this mixture by putting it a warm bath until the gelatine is melted in the water completely.
- Next, you allow it to cool and add the egg yolk in this.
- You mix them well and use this shampoo to rinse your hair.
- You should let this mixture stay on your hair for 10 to 12 minutes to get the better results.
- It is recommended to use this kind of homemade shampoo recipes for oily and normal hair. You will see that your hair becomes beautiful if you apply it regularly.
7. Raw Egg Shampoo Recipe
All proteins containing in eggs will nourish your hair as well as make it shiny and smooth. It may cause a bit smelly and messy, thus it would be hard to apply if you are traveling.
How to use:
- You just take a raw egg and then whip both egg yolk and egg white together.
- Now, you wet your hair and rub this whipped egg directly into your scalp and hair.
- You let it sit on your head for 3 to 5 minutes so that it can actually be absorbed well into your hair.
- After that, you rinse off with clean water and followed by applying the diluted apple cider vinegar (about 1 tablespoon of ACV to 1 cup of water). This step will help you to get rid of the smell of egg.
- You can rinse off your hair with the chamomile tea if you own blond hair.
- If you have oily hair, you should mix 2 eggs with 3 drops of lime juice and 2 teaspoons of cognac or Vodka. Then you use this mixture as your usual shampoo and rinse well with lukewarm, followed by cold water.
8. Chamomile Shampoo Recipe
Chamomile is another of natural homemade shampoo recipes that you can follow to get healthy hair. You may choose this chamomile shampoo to make your dry, curly, and frizzy hair become manageable, soft, and smooth.
- 2 tablespoons of solid castile soap
- 1 cup of organic chamomile tea
- 4 or 5 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of pure glycerin
How to use:
- You firstly grate the solid castile soap bar well.
- Now, you pour the grated castile soap into the strong chamomile tea.
- You continue to add glycerin along with chamomile essential oil to the above mixture and blend all of them well.
- Now, you use this mixture as your regular shampoo.
9. Egg Yolk And Honey Homemade Shampoo Recipes
The mixture of egg yolk and honey is another of homemade shampoo recipes with egg, which you can try applying:
- Egg yolk from 3 eggs
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
How to use:
- You simply mix the egg yolk thoroughly with the honey.
- Then you wet your hair and apply this on it.
- Gently massage your hair and scalp well to help it absorb nutrients from egg yolk. You should use a mild hair conditioner after applying this shampoo to maintain the moisture of your hair.
10. Rice Water Shampoo Recipe
Perhaps you have never heard about rice water shampoo, however, rice water has actually been a very beneficial hair treatment for years.
If you cook rice regularly, you simply rinse the rice off with clean water and then store the rice water in a bottle.
Now, you use this rice water as your usual shampoo. Remember to dilute it with a bit of water so that your hair does not get too much starchy.
If you want to have more natural homemade shampoo recipes for your hair, stay with us for next post!
11. Milk And Honey Homemade Shampoo Recipes
Both milk and honey are famous for containing natural antimicrobial and cleansing properties. The combination of two these ingredients will do a good job at moisturizing, cleaning, and conditioning your hair.
How to use:
- You simply mix ¼ cup of milk together with 2 tablespoons of raw honey and then apply it directly on your scalp and hair.
- Remember to massage your scalp and hair for a while and rinse off with water.
12. Vegetable Oil HomemadeShampoo Recipes
With this effective homemade shampoo, you can get rid of dandruff completely as well as improve your hair appearance significantly.
- 4 tablespoons of liquid castile soap
- 2 teaspoons of organic vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons of fresh rosemary
- 2 cups of distilled water
How to use:
- At first, you boil the distilled water well.
- After that, you put the fresh rosemary, coconut flakes, and fresh thyme to the boiling water and stir well.
- Allow the mixture to continue boiling for 30 minutes or more.
- Now, you strain the water and then add the liquid castile soap, apple cider vinegar, and vegetable oil into it.
- You mix them well and use as your regular shampoo.
13. Castile Shampoo Recipe
You can use organic castile soap to create a great homemade shampoo recipe. All ingredients you need include ¼ cup of water, ½ teaspoon of olive oil, jojoba oil or grape seed oil, ¼ cup of castile soap liquid. Mix all these ingredients into a glass bottle and you have a DIY shampoo to wash your hair daily.
14. Baking Soda Shampoo Recipe
Among popular homemade shampoo recipes, baking soda is often used to stop the buildup setting on the scalp from commercial hair care products. To receive the best result of this shampoo recipe, you should rinse your hair with vinegar for light and fluffy hair. On the other hand, if you do not apply baking soda before, you can rinse the hair with baking soda alone. This ingredient has a tendency in drying hair out.
To make baking soda shampoo recipe, you need to prepare 3 cups of water with ½ cup of baking soda, store this liquid in a glass or a plastic container. In another way, you can mix 1 cup of warm water with 1 tbsp of baking soda for each shampooing time.
To start, shake the mixture of baking soda with water well and apply it to the scalp. Scrub it in. After then, rinse your hair with ½ cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar. In fact, white vinegar has lighter smell than apple cider vinegar. To reduce stronger smell of apple cider vinegar, you can mix a tbsp of this vinegar with 1 small cup of water.
Another of easiest homemade shampoo recipes with baking soda is to take a tablespoon of baking soda and then mix it with 3 egg yolks. Then you use this mixture as your usual shampoo. Remember to massage your hair for a few minutes and rinse well with clean water.
Or you can take a ripe avocado and then blend its pulp well. You mix this blended avocado with a bit of water and a tablespoon of baking soda. You use this mixture to shampoo your hair and enjoy the great results.
If you do not have avocado, you can use vodka instead. To make it, you mix a tablespoon of soda with an egg yolk, two tablespoons of Vodka and a bit of water. You also use this solution to shampoo your hair.
15. African Black Soap Shampoo Recipe
This soap is made of palm leaves, plantain skin ash, cocoa pod ash, palm kernel oil and some other ingredients such as shea butter. Combine African black soap with honey, glycerin, distilled water and grape seed oil to have a non-stripping shampoo. The detailed amounts of ingredients include 4 tbsps of African black soap that are crumbled into small pieces, 1 cup of distilled water, 3 tsps of grape seed oil and tsp of glycerin.
Mix all these ingredients well together and put into a glass bottle. Shake it well and start washing your hair. You can save the remainders for future use up to several weeks.
Remember to store this shampoo in a cool place and avoid high temperature.
16. Coconut Milk Shampoo Recipe
Next to natural homemade shampoo recipes, try making your own coconut milk shampoo recipe. The ingredients you need include ¼ cup of castile soap liquid, 1 tsp of distilled water, 3 tbsps of coconut milk and 1 tsp of safflower oil (add this ingredient if you want).
Castile soap is made of olive oil or other essential oil and water. Though natural ingredients are safer than chemicals, the reality is that these ingredients should be pure and organic. So, choose organic coconut milk for additional lathering and dilution. Besides, safflower is good for moisture and distilled water is good for further dilution.
Start by mixing organic coconut milk, distilled water and castile soap well in a glass bottle. Shake this bottle before using. You can save the remainder for future use within several weeks. In addition, to help balance pH in the scalp, you can rinse off the hair with apple cider vinegar after shampooing.
17. Enhanced Homemade Shampoo Recipes With Jojoba & Coconut
You can combine jojoba and coconut together to have a natural shampoo. Prepare 1 tbsp of shampoo that you like, ½ tsp of jojoba oil, ½ tsp of coconut oil, ½ tsp of glycerin and ¼ cup of distilled water.
To start, mix jojoba oil with glycerin, coconut oil and distilled water together. Glycerin is a humectant, coconut oil is moisture and lubrication, distilled water is for dilution and jojoba oil helps lock in moisture.
Swirl all these ingredients well together in a glass bottle. You can save the remainder for future use or use this remainder to clean hair tools and makeup tools.
18. Essential Oil Homemade Shampoo Recipes
Yes! Among homemade shampoo recipes, consider learning to make a paraben-free and vegan shampoo for low cost and safer skin care. Depending on your desire, you can choose different ingredients such as jojoba oil, white tea oil or lavender oil. Combine castile soap with one or some essential oils to make your own vegan shampoo. If you have dry hair, remember to add aloe vera gel for moisture.
19. Cornstarch Shampoo Recipe
Beside baking soda, you can use cornstarch to wash your hair. Add a bit of cornstarch to the hair. Blend it and brush cornstarch out of the hair. Cornstarch can soak up dirt and oil in your scalp and this is the oldest and simplest care for dry hair. Consider this simple recipe to enhance your fine and beauty hair since today. It’s easy to get started immediately!
20. Salt And Cornmeal Shampoo Recipe
Next to simple homemade shampoo recipes, try salt and corneal shampoo recipe.
Prepare 1 tbsp of salt, ½ big cup of cornmeal. Mix these 2 ingredients well together. Put this mixture in a glass bottle. To have a sort shaker, add Parmesan Cheese. Apply the mixture to the hair. Brush the hair to remove dirt and hair oil.
With this DIY shampoo, you can enhance your longer hair and get rid of side effects of toxic chemicals in commercial hair wash. In fact, commercial shampoos in the current market contain dangerous chemicals that increase high risks of skin cancer, remove natural oil on scalp and weaken your natural hair.
21. Oatmeal And Baking Soda Homemade Shampoo Recipes
Once again, we talk to baking soda but in another shampoo recipe.
Prepare 1 cup of baking soda and 1 cup of ground oatmeal. Mix these two ingredients in a container in the bathroom. When you want to wash your hair, use this mixture to brush your roots. It helps remove dirt and oil out of your sculpt like magic!
22. Cornmeal, Orris Root And Almond Homemade Shampoo Recipes
This is another effective solution among homemade shampoo recipes. Prepare 1 tbsp of ground almonds, 1 tbsp of orris root and 1 tbsp of cornmeal. Combine these ingredients together. Brush your hair before washing your hair with this mixture. Next, brush your roots with the cornmeal, orris root and almond shampoo. This solution is said to work for oily hair.
23. Cheesecloth Shampoo Recipe
Different to the homemade shampoo recipes above, this shampoo recipe do not require any herb, oil or special ingredients or tool from your kitchen. However, this is still a natural recipe to wash your hair. You just need to prepare a large piece of cheesecloth. Wrap this cheesecloth around a natural bristle brush. Then, use it to brush the hair. Cheesecloth can beneficial for your hair cleaning by removing oil and dirt from your scalp and hair.
24. Clay Shampoo Recipe
Clay is one of simple homemade shampoo recipes that you should try once.
There are different kinds of clay that you can make use of them, including white clay, agar, or green clay. Apply powdered clay to your roots. Brush out to strip oil or sebum from the hair. Besides, you can mix powdered milk with the clay to bush your hair and keep your hair softer.
25. Baby Powder Shampoo Recipe
Next to homemade shampoo recipes you can find in your home, this is baby powder. Directly rub a little baby powder on your roots and wash your hair as normal. To enhance the effectiveness of this natural shampoo, you can mix baking soda with baby powder.
As you see, this method is so simple. You can buy baby powder in any baby shop easily. Also, baby powder is safe and suitable for different types of scalps, even sensitive and dry hair skin.
Homemade Shampoo Recipes – Some Useful Tips
If you want to make some dry shampoo recipes that are scented, add dried flowers and oils to your shampoos such as rose petals or lavender. Put your shampoos in jar with tight lids. Ideally, you should store your homemade shampoos in glass containers. Keep the containers in dark, cool and dry places and use it for about 2 – 4 weeks. Beside these homemade shampoo recipes, you can create other recipes with natural ingredient that are available from your kitchen, your house and your garden. In fact, chemical shampoos just focus on cleansing dirt and oil on your hair and scalp. If you use these hair care products often, your hair will be damaged. If possible, limit using commercial shampoos! Also, by using natural homemade shampoos with essential nutrients, your scalp health will be improved significantly. So, what are you waiting for to start using homemade shampoos since today?
Related article: how to make dry shampoo at home? 27 best recipes
I’ve shown you totally top 25 homemade shampoo recipes for fine and natural hair that you can make them at home with ease. Have you ever tried one of these homemade shampoo recipes? If you think this post is useful, share it below. Comment upon it if you want! Also, if you want to get more homemade recipes for other hair and skin conditions, please access our main Beauty page.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Tea tree oil benefits: 16 advantages for skin, hair and health
- 9 Amazing Uses Of Almond Oil For Hair Treatment
- Best natural oil for dandruff & its uses
- 35 Tips How To Stop Frizzy Hair After Straightening Naturally
- List Of 12 Beauty Benefits Of Lavender Oil
- Top 7 Best Hair And Nail Vitamins That Work
- 25 all natural hair remedies for damaged hair and dry hair
- How to treat alopecia in men naturally – 8 must-take steps