Busy schedules became general part in your life that makes you not to care for the healthy skin as well as scalp. Thanks to this, you are facing a lot of scalp problems. Vibrant hair needs healthy scalp and for it, tea tree oil aids a lot to remove the scalp problems and also to keep your hair and scalp beautiful and healthy. Tea tree oil contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to cure itchy scalp effectively. It effectively moisturizes the scalp and hair. So it’s one of the greatest solutions for itchy and dry scalp. In addition, it helps to remove the dirt and dead skin cells on the scalp. Here are 12 best ways to use tea tree oil for scalp that are collected by Vkool.com from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to learn these uses of tea tree oil for scalp in more detail!
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Scalp? 12 Best Uses You Should Follow
1. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Scalp Treatment
Tea tree oil that helps you treat ear infection also helps you to cure some scalp problems. Here are some methods to use tea tree oil for scalp:
Method 1: (Tea Tree Oil and Carrier Oil)
- Take one small application bottle and next fill it with any carrier oil (3/4 full) like jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc.
- Then, add tea tree oil (10 -15 drops) in it and now mix it well.
- Apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Massage it gently for some minutes in order to make oil saturated all over your scalp.
- Leave it for several hours or entire night (for better results).
- You’ll feel some tingling effect on the scalp but do not worry about it.
- Wash your hair using shampoo and apply conditioner.
- The process assists to keep all the scalp problems at bay. This method is also used to cure smelly scalp, scalp ringworm.
Method 2: (Tea Tree Oil and Eucalyptus Essential Oil)
- First of all, take tea tree oil (few drops) and next add this to eucalyptus oil (few drops).
- Warm the oil and now apply this to the scalp by massaging this all over your scalp.
- Or you may use it as a rinse by mixing both of the oils in water.
- Or else, you can add your regularly used shampoo (few drops) and shampoo the hair with this.
Method 3: (Tea Tree Oil and Olive Oil)
- Firstly, take tea tree oil (5 drops) and next mix it with warm olive oil (at least a tablespoon).
- Apply this oil to your scalp and hair and allow it for some hours or for overnight.
- Repeat this procedure for once a day for three consecutive weeks.
Method 4: (Tea Tree Oil and Olive Oil)
- First off, take few drops of olive oil and tea tree oil and mix it well.
- Now rub them and massage this mixture directly into scalp with the help of your finger tips.
- But make sure to focus on the affected scalp.
- Cover your hair using a shower cap and allow it to sit for one hour (more, if possible).
- Wash your hair using regular shampoo and conditioner.
Learn more: 18 Health & Beauty Advantages Of Olive Oil
2. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Dry Scalp
General speaking, dry scalp can be cured very well with the tea tree oil. Here are some useful methods to use tea tree oil for scalp problem:
Method 1: (Tea Tree Oil Rinse)
- First of all, pour tea tree oil (5 – 10 drops) in water.
- Mix it well and then use this to rinse the hair.
- Shampoo your hair and afterwards wash it using this water.
- Ensure that the shampoo in the hair is absolutely washed away.
Method 2: (Tea Tree Oil in Shampoo)
- First of all, pour tea tree oil (5 – 6 drops) and next mix this well in a conditioner or shampoo.
- Use the solution to rinse the hair and scalp as well.
- Or, simply you may use tea tree oil having shampoo or conditioners.
- Use regularly these products that this oil mixed in shampoos or this oil based conditioners and shampoos for better results.
Method 3: (Diluted Tea Tree Oil Spray)
- Firstly, take tea tree oil (few drops) and next add this to one cup of water.
- Mix it well and then pour it in an empty spray bottle.
- Now, spritz the scalp throughout the week at any time your scalp feels itchy and dry.
- Make sure that the hair doesn’t have heavy oils since it causes buildup along with having a light spray on your scalp.
- Wash the hair once in 2 days to remove the dry scalp.
Method 4: (Tea Tree Oil and Jojoba oil)
- First off, take tea tree oil (few drops) and add it to any carrier oil such as jojoba oil.
- Mix it well and then massage it gently onto the scalp for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- Let it stay for about some minutes or, if possible, an entire night.
- Lastly, wash it off thoroughly and afterwards repeat it regular to remove the problem.
- Or you may use tea tree oil and then massage it on the scalp; it causes a little tingling sensation.
- Massage it all over your scalp and hair and later leave it for an entire night and in the morning, rinse it off.
- This procedure is also used to deal with scalp eczema.
3. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Itchy Scalp
Tea tree oil works as a natural agent that cures all your scalp problems. You should try these ways to know how to use tea tree oil for scalp problems:
Method 1: (Tea Tree Oil)
- First of all, take tea tree oil (5 – 10 drops) into your palms and now apply it directly on your itchy scalp.
- Massage it onto the scalp and keep it like that.
- After that, wash the hair every other day using tea tree oil shampoo.
- This process assists to alleviate the itch and soothes the skin and also cleanses the clogged hair follicles.
- Continue following this process till you get complete cure from the itchy scalp.
Method 2: (Tea Tree Oil and Baby Shampoo)
- First of all, add tea tree oil (10 – 20 drops) in baby shampoo (1/2 cup).
- Stir it well and then use the solution to shampoo the hair daily.
- Repeat this process regularly till you get complete cure from itchy scalp.
- This procedure is also used to cope with itchy scalp, dry itchy scalp and dandruff.
Method 3: (Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint Oil)
- First of all, take few drops of peppermint oil, tea tree oil in one cup of warm water.
- Stir it well and then use this to rinse the scalp after shampooing.
- Allow it for some minutes and afterward wash it off completely.
- You can use one mild shampoo after rinsing out your hair absolutely with this tea oil mixture if the hair becomes sticky.
Method 4: (Tea Tree Oil and Vegetable Oil)
- Firstly, dilute tea tree oil (2 – 4 drops) in vegetable oil (a tablespoon).
- Mix this well properly and later use the oil in order to massage it on the scalp.
- This process assists to unblock your hair follicles and lastly gives cure from the itching
- Frequently usage of the process for about once or twice per week will be more effective to treat itchy scalp.
- This process also is used in treating itchy, dry scalp.
Method 5: (Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil)
- Take tea tree oil (10 drops) and next add this to coconut oil (a tablespoon) in a small bowl.
- Mix it well till the oil of coconut turns to liquid form as well as both the oils are totally mixed.
- Now apply this oil into the scalp by massage this (as you wash the hair in the shower).
- Focus more on your dry patches and now massage only the scalp but not the hair.
- Allow it to stay for a minimum of half an hour to a maximum of an entire
- Wash it off using shampoo, followed by conditioner plus water.
- In this process, both tea tree oil and coconut oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help to inhibit the itchiness on the scalp.
- This process also is used for scalp eczema, scalp folliculitis.
There are multiple methods to use tea tree oil for scalp presented in this article, keep reading it!
4. Tea Tree Oil For Dandruff And Itchy Scalp
Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that help so much to remove the itchy scalp and dandruff and it also makes your scalp moisturized.
Method 1: (Tea Tree Oil Shampoo)
- Firstly, add tea tree oil (a teaspoon) to 32 oz of a bottle.
- Then, mix it well and now use this to shampoo the hair and keep the remaining for additional purpose
- Or simply you can pour tea tree oil (few drops) and add it to shampoo (that you are going to wash the hair now).
- Mix it well and afterwards shampoo the hair by massaging this in your hair and scalp.
- Wait for around 5 – 7 minutes and later rinse it off completely.
- Or you may also simply use the conditioners or shampoos containing tea tree oil as their major ingredient in it.
- This procedure is also applicable to deal with itchy scalp, scalp psoriasis, scalp sores, oily scalp, itchy and flaky scalp, dry and itchy scalp, dry and flaky scalp, shampoo for itchy scalp, scalp ringworm and scalp follcultis.
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) and next rub a moderate quantity of oil into your scalp and hair prior to going to sleep.
- After applying absolutely then comb the hair through to the ends.
- Allow it like that for the entire night and in the next morning, wash it off using shampoo.
- This process helps to get rid of the hair stylish products, dandruff, head lice and dry scalp on the hair.
- Repeat the process every day for at least a week will assist to get a healthy scalp.
- This procedure is also used to cure scalp ringworm.
Learn more: Top 26 Natural Solutions For Dandruff In Winter
5. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Scalp Fungus
Generally, tea tree oil is most beneficial oil that helps to inhibit the scalp fungal infections. Here are a few methods to use tea tree oil for scalp fungus:
Method 1: (Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera)
- Take pure aloe vera gel (50 ml) and add it to pure tea tree oil (20 – 25 drops).
- Mix it well and then apply it on your scalp.
- Allow it to sit for around 30 – 45 minutes and afterwards wash it off normally.
- Repeat this process twice per week till you get complete cure from the scalp fungus.
- This procedure is also used to deal with itchy and dry scalp problem.
Method 2: (Tea Tree Oil)
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) and next use the oil to massage it into your scalp by using the finger tips.
- After some time, you’ll feel some tingling, cool sensation which represent that this oil is working on your fungus.
- Later cover your hair in one shower cap and allow it for overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair using natural shampoo and do this every alternative day till you get complete cure from this problem.
Method 3: (Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil)
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) and next mix it in the oil of coconut (or any natural oils).
- Mix it well and now apply this to the scalp before going to sleep.
- Massage it mildly as it must saturate all over your scalp.
- Allow it like that for an entire night and then in the morning, wash it off.
- If you are suffering from serious infection then, you may apply a little bit of this mixture on your affected area after washing the hair.
Learn more: 9 Recipes To Make Homemade Coconut Oil Shampoo
6. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Scalp Psoriasis
General speaking, tea tree oil is a great home remedy to cure scalp psoriasis as it assists to moisture plus lock all the necessary nutrients that help to cure the scalp psoriasis. To use tea tree oil for scalp psoriasis, you can do as follows:
Method 1: (Tea Tree Oil)
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) in one small bowl and next take a cotton ball.
- Then, dip the ball in the tea oil and now apply it directly on your scalp which was affected by the problem of psoriasis.
- If it irritates then you can add a little any natural oil to this.
- Allow it like that for some hours or entire night and later rinse it off using natural shampoo (mix some drops of the tea oil in this) and conditioner.
- This procedure is also used to cure dry itchy scalp and flaky scalp.
Method 2: (Tea Tree Oil and Olive Oil)
- Warm olive oil (a cup) by putting it in one pot of hot water.
- Take it out as it is warm and then add tea tree oil (10 – 15 drops) to it.
- Mix it well and then pour this in an empty bottle and now part the hair to apply the mixture all over the scalp properly.
- But focus more on these bad spots and then continue massaging it for some minutes.
- Cover your hair using a plastic shower cap and allow it on for around 2 – 3 hours.
- Rinse it off using a shampoo that does not have sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate.
- Continue doing the process once in fifteen days to inhibit the scalp psoriasis.
Method 3: (Tea Tree Oil with Rosemary and Lavender Oils)
- First of all, take some drops of all these oils i.e. lavender oil, tea tree oil and rosemary oil.
- Mix it well and next apply this to your scalp where it’s affected by the psoriasis problem.
- All the oils are anti-bacterial which aid in treating an itchy scalp and contain the properties that assist promoting faster healing of your affected scalp area.
7. Tea Tree Oil On Oily Scalp
Here are easy steps to use tea tree oil for scalp:
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) and next apply this to your scalp and hair.
- Gently massage the scalp for some minutes and after that rinse it off using SLS free shampoo.
- Or you may dilute the oil (12 drops) in about three ounces of warm water.
- Mix it well and now gently wipe using a soft cotton ball on the freshly cleansed skin.
- Or, simply you can wash your hair using tea tree oil having shampoo to remove the problem.
8. Tea Tree Oil For Scalp Sores
Generally, scalp sores are one painful sensation in your scalp and also have negative effects on your scalp and hair i.e. in lice, hair growth, dandruff, etc. Here are detailed guides to use tea tree oil for scalp sores:
- Take tea tree oil (4 drops) and next add this to jojoba oil (a teaspoon) (or any carrier oil).
- Mix it well and in the morning applied this as you wake up.
- Apply this on the scalp by gently massaging it.
- Allow it like that and repeat this process every day for at least 2 weeks to completely clear this problem.
- This process assists healing your scalp sores and then makes the scalp healthy and shiny by decreasing the itchiness and soreness.
Learn more: Advantages Of Jojoba Oil For Natural Hair Growth
9. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Flaky Scalp
Here are step by step directions to use tea tree oil for scalp:
- First of all, take tea tree oil (a teaspoon) and next add it to your regular shampoo.
- Mix it well and now apply this to your scalp and gently massage it.
- Focus more on the part where these flakes are more.
- Now, massage it all over your hair and wait for around 5 – 10 minutes.
- Later rinse it off using water and apply conditioner which keeps your hair moisturized.
- Follow this process daily till you get complete cure from the dry flaky scalp as well as hair.
- Or simply you can use the shampoo that contains this oil as one of the major ingredients.
10. Tea Tree Oil For Treating Dry Flaky Scalp
Commonly, dry flaky scalp problem is caused by overuse of conditioners and shampoo and stylish products as well. This becomes itchy, dry and starts to flake off. This oil is one of the greatest home remedy providing essential moisture to hair and gets rid of the scalp build up. You should try this method to remove it.
- First of all, take tea tree oil (10 drops), 1/2 cup each of honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it well in one bowl and next massage it on your scalp.
- Let it sit for half an hour and afterwards rinse it off using warm water.
- Continue doing this process two times a week till you get complete cure from the dry itchy as well as flaky scalp.
11. Tea Tree Oil For Scalp Acne
As we know, tea tree oil contains anti-septic properties which help for the recovery of scalp pimples and dandruff. Here is the recipe to use tea tree oil for scalp acne:
- Take tea tree oil (few drops) and mix this any carrier oil.
- Apply this on your scalp, but concentrate more on these acne spots.
- Allow it like that for an entire night or for few hours.
- After that, wash it off using shampoo containing tea tree oil.
- Or you may use tea tree oil combined with salicylic acid rich shampoo because it decreases the scalp acne dramatically.
- Lastly, rinse your hair using either lukewarm or cool water yet not with hot water because they irritate the scalp.
12. Tea Tree Oil For Scalp Eczema
Here are detailed instructions to use tea tree oil for scalp eczema:
- Take tea tree oil (1-2 tablespoons) and add it to the warm bath water.
- Soak yourself for some minutes and afterwards, rinse it off using tea tree oil shampoo.
- Repeat it for every wash to inhibit scalp eczema.
Tips And Precautions For Using Tea Tree Oil For Scalp
Following these precautions and tips will assist you a lot in treating the scalp problems.
- Tea tree oil may cause several allergic reactions to several people ranging from mild irritation to serious redness, blistering and itchiness. So before using tea tree oil, you should test it first.
- For best results, you always use 100 % pure tea tree oil in all the above methods.
- Repeating frequently all the above methods will assist to get quick cure from all scalp troubles rather than following it once.
- Do not apply this oil to any rashes or broken skin not caused by your fungus as it’ll irritate the skin and also make the situation worse.
- Aside from using tea tree oil, you must keep hygienic scalp all the time, reduce your stress levels, have proper nutritional diet, go for some exercise, etc. will be done to remove all scalp problems.
To get more information related to taking care of hair, go to our main Hair page. After studying the writing of 12 best ways to use tea tree oil for scalp, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple tea tree oil methods for scalp. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Do you know any other ways to use tea tree oil for scalp? Then share your experience with us.