The purpose of cake decoration is turning a simple cake into a wonderful piece of food art. Learning how to decorate a cake can be as simple or as complex as you want. Even an easy cake decoration can be highly efficient, so you should not be afraid that you do not have the skills necessary to be a good decorator. The following easy ways to decorate a cake will help you make professional-looking cakes with almost no difficulty.
9 Easy Ways To Decorate A Cake That Looks Wonderful And Yummy
Decorating cake seems very difficult to many people as a wonderful cake requires many skills that look hard. People may think that to make a piece of art as a well-decorated cake will take a long time to learn complex skills. However, in fact, it is not difficult at all if you apply the easy ways to decorate a cake that I am going to offer:
1. Use Beautiful Serving Plates
The first of easy ways to decorate a cake that I want to share here is that you should choose serving plates for your cakes that are beautiful and suitable.
– You should ensure that the plate that you use to put the cake on is suitable and harmonic with the overall design. This will contribute to decide the cake’s final decorative look.
– You definitely should not use plates with patterns that are clash with your cake decorative design. Nevertheless, you can use a patterned plate to set a cake that is plainly decorated off perfectly.
– You can use cake stands because they are suitable for almost every decorated cake. They will lift the cake up for people view it easily and turn it into the centerpiece on the table.
– Plates that are made from glass are very lovely for decorated cakes. A cake on glass will bring about an old world effect.
– Bold colors on plates can work well provided it does not clash with the cake’s main color.
– In fact, basic white plates are easy and elegant to match to every decorative style, so you should pick up a plainly white plate whenever you find it is hard to choose one.
If you do not want to use a cake stand or a plate, you should use a cake board. This assistant will make it easy for you to deliver and transport the cake to another place, whether it is from the kitchen to the dining room or from your kitchen through the car to anywhere else. Cake boards can be made at home by yourself using thin wooden board covered with foil or cardboard, or you can also purchase the ready-made board from a store selling cake decorating supplies.
Besides, if you are among people who are chocolate lovers, you should learn special, yummy chocolate recipes to get more chocolate cake recipes.
2. Use Ready-Made Decorations
While there is no need to make your cake over-complicated with anything inedible, sometimes you should add paper or plastic decorations for special touches that none of the other methods can help you achieve. Here are some examples:
- Animals for a zoo scene, theme park, or farm: where making all these animals in modeling paste may be so frustrating or time-consuming, turning to the plastic equivalent is a cinch. You just need to ensure that they are thoroughly washed first.
- Wedding cake toppers: such as an archway bells, doves, or depictions of the groom and bride.