If the scalp is healthy, the hair is also healthy. Thus, in order to have vibrant hair, you have to keep your scalp healthy. There are many natural remedies to maintain your scalp healthily. Organic apple cider vinegar is applied as a great treatment for the scalp and hair. When you use it on your hair, it cleanses along with gives the hair more body and luster that decreases the hair-loss. It also decreases the itching, dandruff, and drying scalp by destroying the fungi or bacteria that clog the hair follicles. Coming to the scalp, it acts amazingly in avoiding the hair and scalp problems to make the scalp healthy and shiny as well. Here are 12 best ways to use apple cider vinegar for scalp that are collected by Vkool.com from reliable sources. Keep reading this post to learn these uses of tree oil for scalp in more detail!
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Scalp? 12 Best Uses You Should Know
1. Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Scalp
Using vinegar (either white vinegar or apple cider vinegar) will prevent your scalp problems effectively. In our common lifestyle, the scalp faces a lot of problems such as dryness, flaking, itchiness, dandruff, etc. Apart from using conditioners and shampoos to your hair, you should try the apple cider vinegar ways (as per the scalp problem) which naturally makes the scalp healthy plus problem free. Here are some methods to use apple cider vinegar for scalp:
Method 1: (Plain White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Take organic apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) and next add this to one cup of water.
- Mix it well and then pour this solution in an empty spray bottle.
- Squirt this bottle all over your hair and scalp.
- Massage it mildly so that it’ll saturate all over your hair.
- Leave it for around 3 – 5 minutes and after that rinse it off using warm water followed by your shampoo.
This procedure is also used to deal with dry scalp, dry itchy scalp, itchy scalp, hair and scalp problems.
Method 1: (White Vinegar)
- Take 1/2 cup of vinegar mix it with 2 cups of warm water
- After shampooing your hair, use this vinegar solution to rinse your hair
- You can also add few drops of sage oil and let it rinse sit for up to 30 minutes
- Wash your hair completely and repeat this process once a week.
Method – 2: (Vinegar Rinse for the Scalp)
- Take vinegar (1/4 cup) and add water (3/4 cup).
- Mix it well and next place this mixture in an empty squeeze or spray bottle
- Then, use this to rinse the hair in between conditioning and shampooing your hair.
- Squirt or pour this mixture on your roots and leave it to stay for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Then massage it often and rinse this mixture from your hair thoroughly.
- Now condition the hair from the roots to end and then pat it dry naturally.
- This process assists to make the scalp much less itchy, healthy, controls oil, shiny and silky.
Method 3: (Diluted Vinegar)
- First of all, take white vinegar (1/4 cup) and next mix it with water (1/2 cup).
- Stir it well and then pour this mixture in glass spraying bottle.
- Spray this solution on your hair and scalp.
- Allow it like that for about 5 – 10 minutes and afterward rinse it off.
- This process is also helpful to treat itchy scalp, dry scalp, dandruff.
Learn more: Top 26 Natural Solutions For Dandruff In Winter
2. Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Dry Scalp
The use of styling products and artificial shampoos on your hair and scalp will dry out your skin and also leaves it itchy. Generally, vinegar with its useful anti-bacterial properties combats the bacteria that cause flaky, dry dandruff. How to use apple cider vinegar for scalp (particularly dry scalp) with these methods?
Method 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- Firstly, clear your hair using cold water
- Take one cotton ball and then dip it in one bowl which contains apple cider vinegar.
- Stick your scalp with the cotton that it has to wrap all the scalp area.
- Let it stay for around10 – 15 minutes and after that wash it off using cold water.
- Repeating it two times a week till you got complete cure from the dry scalp.
Method 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- First of all, keep apple cider vinegar (a jug) in your shower and measure a quarter cup.
- Pour the mixture over the head after shampooing together with rinsed your hair.
- Massage it into your scalp with the finger tips and after that get out of your shower without rinsing this vinegar from your hair.
Method 3: (Apple Cider Vinegar and Beer)
- Take apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons) and add this to two cups of beer. Generally, beer works as natural conditioner and aids to clear your dryness and so that dry scalp.
- Stir it well and then apply this solution to the hair and scalp after shampooing the hair i.e. use this as one conditioner to your hair
- Allow it to sit for some minutes by massaging it on the scalp.
- Later, rinse it off and repeat the process for best results preventing dry scalp.
Method 4: (Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse)
- Take equal amounts i.e. 1/2 cup of each water and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir it well and now use this mixture to massage your hair and scalp.
- This solution has to be saturated all over your scalp and let it stay for around 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off using water and after that, apply shampoo.
- This process assists to make the hair well moisturized that prevents dry scalp and dryness problems.
Method 5: (Apple Cider Vinegar and Other Conditioners)
- Take one saucepan, add water (3 cups) and handful of rosemary.
- Bring it to one boil and reduce the heat to simmer and later slowly cook it for about 45 minutes.
- Strain this mixture in one bowl and leave it to get cool.
- Add apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup) with ten drops each of rosemary along with peppermint essential oils.
- Stir it well and now pour it into an empty spray bottle and then use it after shampooing.
- Rinse it out afterwards and after drying your hair, you will feel that the hair and scalp is well moisturized.
Method 6: (White Vinegar)
- Mix white vinegar (1/4 cup) in water (a cup) and then set it aside.
- Wash your hair using shampoo and later rinse it off completely.
- Apply conditioner to the scalp and hair and leave it to stay on hair for about3 – 5 minutes and afterwards rinse it well.
- Squeeze out this excess water from the hair and massage the scalp by using the fingertips.
- Thereafter, pour this vinegar rinse over the head i.e. directly on the scalp as much as you can.
- Leave it on for five minutes and rinse it using warm water and later go for the last rinse with water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar For Dandruff And Dry Scalp
General speaking, vinegar is used as a great method to treat dandruff and dry scalp problem. Here are some methods to use apple cider vinegar for scalp problems (dandruff and dry scalp):
Method 1: (Vinegar Rinse)
- Take apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup) and next add it to two cups of warm water.
- Mix it well and then pour it over the hair after taking shampoo and rinse.
- Test whether it covered all your scalp area or not.
- Allow it like that without washing this vinegar solution from the hair.
- Do not worry about the smell as this vinegar is diluted it will not smell strongly.
- This process assists preventing the dry scalp and dandruff and leaving your hair shiny and healthy.
Method 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Coconut Oil and Tea Tree Oil)
- Mix equal amounts i.e. 1/2 cup of both water and apple cider vinegar.
- Use this solution to massage the hair and scalp by pouring it over the hair.
- Allow this vinegar solution to stay in hair for around 10 – 15 minutes (it begins to sting and burn a little bit yet works).
- Then rinse the hair using tea tree oil containing shampoo two times to remove the vinegar smell plus debris.
- Dry the hair and next apply coconut oil and then massage it on the scalp.
- Follow this method daily for 3 – 4 days to inhibit dandruff as well as dry scalp problems.
Learn more: 9 Recipes To Make Homemade Coconut Oil Shampoo
4. Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Itchy Scalp
Here are some useful methods to use apple cider vinegar for scalp:
Method 1: (Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar)
- First of all, rinse your hair and scalp with water and let it dry completely.
- Take equal quantities of water and apple cider vinegar (1:1 ratio as per your hair length) in a bowl.
- Mix it well and then apply the diluted apple cider vinegar mixture directly on the scalp by using the spray bottle or using a cotton ball.
- Massage it for some minutes that help to spread this solution to all over your scalp.
- Allow it to stay for around15 – 20 minutes by covering the hair with a towel or shower cap.
- Finally, wash it off using shampoo and followed by normal water.
- Continue doing this process frequently for two times a week to remove the itchy scalp.
Method 2: (Vinegar)
- Firstly, wash your hair properly with shampoo.
- Take warm water (a cup) and add three tablespoons of vinegar.
- Stir it well and then apply this to the hair as it reaches your itchy scalp.
- Massage the scalp and allow it to sit for few minutes.
- Rinse it off using water and make sure that this vinegar solution has totally washed away.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse For Dealing With Itchy Scalp
To use apple cider vinegar for scalp, you have to follow some methods as bellows:
Method 1: (Vinegar with Rosemary Oil, Aloe Vera and Honey)
- Firstly, take half cup each of water and vinegar, aloe vera juice (1/3 cup), honey (1 teaspoon) and rosemary oil (6 drops).
- Stir all the above-mentioned ingredients and next pour it in one spray bottle.
- Then, spray the solution all over the scalp and now massage it to spread totally to your scalp and hair.
- Cover your head in one plastic shower cap and keep for 20 minutes.
- Take off this shower cap and afterwards rinse it using cold water, shampoo as well as conditioner (sulfate free).
- Leave it to dry plus style the hair as usual.
Method 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda Rinse)
- Take baking soda (a tablespoon) and next mix it well with enough amount of water to create it like one fine paste.
- Use the paste to rub your scalp and allow it to sit for few minutes.
- Before rinsing it using warm water, mix apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) and pour it from the forehead into scalp.
- Wait for some minutes and afterwards rinse it off using warm water and then pat it dry naturally.
- Repeat it regularly to remove the itchy scalp.
6. Vinegar For Dandruff And Itchy Scalp
Apple cider vinegar has enzymes and acids that fight off the bottle bacillus, bacteria that is responsible for a lot of scalp and hair conditions such as itchy scalp, dandruff, hair loss, flaky scalp, etc. Here are a few methods to use apple cider vinegar for scalp problems:
Method – 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- First off, wash the hair properly and next take a bowl.
- Fill this bowl with this vinegar.
- Apply it on the scalp with the help of cotton ball and then massage it into your scalp in all ways through your hair shafts.
- Let it stay for about 20 – 30 minutes and afterwards rinse it off using water.
- Do the same process several times per week whenever possible to remove the itchy scalp as well as dandruff.
Method 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil)
- First of all, take apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup) and add tea tree oil (few drops). Tea tree oil is a great natural anti-dandruff agent.
- Then, mix it well in one cup of water and now apply this to the hair.
- Gently rub this to spread all over your scalp and allow it for few minutes.
- Wash your hair using water and followed by the shampoo.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar For Treating Dry Itchy Scalp
This vinegar helps balance the pH levels of your scalp and also helps to relieve dryness and itchiness. You should try this method to help clear your dry itchy scalp.
- First of all, take apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup), soy oil (3 – 4 drops), honey (1 – 2 tablespoons) that microwave for some seconds to get liquefied, peppermint oil (5 – 6 drops) and tea tree oil (6 drops).
- Stir all these ingredients well and then pour this in an empty bottle.
- Place the lid and then shake it well.
- Microwave this bottle for ten seconds and later take it out and now stir it well.
- Divide the hair into small parts and afterwards apply this hair and now massage that aids to saturate all over your scalp and hair.
- Tie up these small parts of the hair after applying the solution.
- Allow it like that for some minutes and afterwards rinse it off using shampoo along with style it as usual.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar For Scalp And Hair
Vinegar assists to have healthy scalp and hair. It helps to remove all excess skin plus cleanses and also it moisturizes your hair and scalp to prevent dryness, flaking and itchiness. Here are some methods to use apple cider vinegar for scalp and hair:
Method 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Coconut Oil and Avocado)
- First off, take equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it well in one spray bottle and then spray it all over the scalp that the scalp has to be wrapped completely.
- Divide the hair into small parts and later spray it and lastly after completely, tie the hair
- Allow it to soak for around 5 -10 minutes and then rinse it off using tea tree oil infused shampoo.
- Leave the scalp to soak in this shampoo for around 3 – 6 minutes and afterwards wash it off thoroughly.
- Thereafter take an avocado and next smash it to have puree from it.
- Add coconut oil (2 tablespoons) and mix it well to create a fine creamy paste. Coconut oil and avocado are super moisturizing and hydrating agents to your hair and scalp.
- Apply this paste on the hair and begin massaging the scalp as it has to attain all over your scalp.
- Ensure to have towel handy as the cream is too messy.
- Once you covered entire hair and scalp then wrap the hair in a shower cap.
- Leave the mask on the hair for at least half an hour or if possible for greatest results, leave it to be for an entire night.
- Rinse it off using cold water and wash the hair with mild shampoo.
- Repeating it frequently will definitely make your scalp and hair feel amazing.
Method 2: (Vinegar with Baking Soda)
- First of all, take enough quantity of baking soda (as per the length of your hair) and mix this with water to create it like one fine solution.
- Now apply this solution to wet or dry hair by applying this on the roots at your scalp.
- Massage your scalp for one or two minutes so that the scalp will be cleaned.
- Afterwards, wash it off completely using warm water.
- Take white vinegar (1 part) and mix it with water (4 parts).
- Mix it well and you may also add any essential oil to this mix to remove the vinegar smell.
- Then, you tilt the head back and pour the vinegar solution by closing the eyes.
- Ensure that this has to distribute all over the scalp and hair.
- Leave it for some minutes and afterwards rinse it off using cool water.
Method 3: (Vinegar)
- First of all, shampoo the hair properly.
- Mix vinegar (1/2 cup) with warm water (2 cups).
- Use the mixture to rinse the hair.
- Leave this on the hair for about half an hour and then wash the hair thoroughly using water.
- For best results, you should follow this method once or twice one week.
Learn more: 9 Best Avocado Hair Mask Recipes
9. Apple Cider Vinegar For Scalp Build-up
Commonly used shampoo will not get rid of the product buildup on your scalp that result from the use of stylish oils, products as well as products with silicones yet this apple cider vinegar rinse assists to get rid of it very efficiently. Here are some methods to use apple cider vinegar for scalp:
Method 1: (Apple Cider Vinegar with Moisturizing Conditioner and Clarifying Shampoo)
- Take one measuring cup and next mix apple cider vinegar (1 part) with water (3 parts) in plastic applicator bottle.
- Wet your hair and then apply clarifying shampoo to your entire scalp and hair and lather it slightly.
- Later take one shampoo brush and gently brush it on your scalp in a circular motion in order to stimulate the scalp.
- Wash this shampoo out of your hair using cold water and then apply the apple cider vinegar mixture using the applicator.
- Now massage it for around 2 – 3 minutes with the fingers but concentrate more on scalp.
- Then, rinse your hair using cold water to get rid of this apple cider vinegar mixture, and then you’ll see a decrease in residue on the scalp and hair.
- Must use a moisturizing conditioner to the hair and comb the hair from the root to tip.
- Cover your hair with shower cap and allow it to sit for around 30 – 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair using cold water and then dry it and if you desire, style the hair as usually.
Method 2: (Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar)
- First of all, take equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it well and now massage it into the scalp and hair after you co-wash plus condition your hair.
- Leave it like that for around 3 – 5 minutes and afterward rinse it out completely.
- Repeat this process at any time you overused the stylish products on the hair that inhibits damage to the hair and makes it healthy and strong.
10. Vinegar For Scalp Fungus
Fungus naturally occurs in your scalp as it gets oilier giving fungus more food in order to feed longer on it. Generally, vinegar which is capable of fighting off bacteria and fungus that causes scalp fungus along with making it as a topical cure for the scalp fungus. To use apple cider vinegar for scalp fungus, you should do as follows:
Method 1: (Vinegar)
- First of all, take vinegar (2 cups) and boil it for some minutes until it gets warm.
- Leave it to get cool and later take this warm solution (1/8 cup) and mix it with one cup of water.
- Stir it well and now use the mixture to rinse in the hair prior to shampooing and after conditioning.
- This method has to be continued every day to get rid of this scalp fungus.
Method 2: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- First of all, take 1/2 cup each of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir it well and then use it after shampooing your hair.
- Pour this on the hair and scalp and massage this in the hair at your base of the neck, working towards the right side of your scalp.
- Leave the solution to sit on the hair for around 2 – 5 minutes and afterwards rinse it off using lukewarm water.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar For Scalp Psoriasis
Here are step by step directions to use apple cider vinegar for scalp psoriasis:
Method1: (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- First of all, take apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup) and next add it to one cup of water.
- Stir it well and then pour this in an empty spray bottle.
- Spray it on your scalp but focus more on psoriasis troubled area of your scalp.
- Or you may use one wash cloth that soaked in this diluted vinegar solution and then apply it on the psoriasis troubled part of your scalp to ease the irritation and itching.
- Keep this vinegar solution in the refrigerator for an extra cooling effect that heals the itching and burning sensation.
- But ensure that if your skin is cracked, open bleeding sores or sores on the scalp then skip the vinegar remedy as it’ll irritate your skin and causes burning sensation.
Method 2: (Vinegar Soak)
- First off, take vinegar (a cup) and add this to the bath water.
- After shampooing the hair and soak in this for around 15 – 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off well and dry the scalp.
- Apply any carrier oil which helps to keep the moisture in the scalp and prevents irritating and itching.
- Or, apply this vinegar straight on psoriasis troubled part of your scalp will also act well in curing it.
12. Vinegar For Flaky Scalp
Vinegar is a great solution for the flaky scalp as it cleanses the scalp and also moisturizes it by balancing the pH level of your scalp. Here are some recipes that explain you on how to use vinegar for flaky scalp:
Method 1: (Vinegar)
- Take a small quantity of vinegar (either normal vinegar or apple cider vinegar).
- Then, apply the vinegar solution on your scalp but concentrate more on the flakes part.
- Let it stay for a few minutes and afterward rinse it off using water.
- Repeat this process frequently as it helps to get rid of the dead skin cells from your scalp that block the hair follicles causing flakes.
Method 2: (Vinegar and Olive Oil)
- First of all, take a small quantity of olive oil and next warm it for some seconds to get light warm.
- Allow it to cool for some minutes to touch room temperature.
- Then, apply it on the scalp and now massage it for some minutes.
- Allow it to stay for about half an hour and comb the hair thoroughly.
- Then use this vinegar solution (vinegar combined with water) to rinse the hair.
- You may dry it like that or wash the hair after some minutes.
- Remember that this vinegar smell will fade away when the hair dries out.
Learn more: 18 Health & Beauty Advantages Of Olive Oil
Tips To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Scalp Treatment:
For additional benefits, you should follow these tips:
- Add any type of vinegar to your conditioner and shampoo and stir it well prior to applying. Apply it to lather and afterwards rinse it off. It also assists treating your scalp problems.
- Although this vinegar solution in any ways is quite diluted that will not burn the scalp. If you have any irritating and burning sensation, then dilute this by adding more of water and less of vinegar or any other mixing agents.
- Don’t worry about this smell of apple cider vinegar after applying it. As that’ll dissipate naturally when the hair dries. Even though if you are still bothered about its smell then reduce the quantity of this vinegar used.
- Avoid using vinegar on hair after using oil / on oil applied hair as this makes your vinegar unable to penetrate into the scalp effectively.
- Repeat all these above mentioned methods frequently to prevent any scalp troubles.
- You can also use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar in other ways such as using this in salad dressing, drinking this by diluting it in the water, etc. to gain its benefits in treating your scalp problems.
- Always, it is best to use unfiltered, unpasteurized, raw, organic apple cider vinegar which contains mother in it.
To get more information related to taking care of hair, go to our main Hair page. After studying the writing of 12 best ways to use apple cider vinegar for scalp, hope that this article will help you learn more several easy and simple apple cider vinegar methods for the scalp. But it essential to do some other tips such as regular washing of hair, healthy diet, oil treatments, decrease the stress levels, etc. will help to make your dream become true to have shiny and healthy hair. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Do you know any other ways to use apple cider vinegar for scalp? Then share your experience with us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Best anti wrinkle cream: 15 homemade recipes
- How to use ylang ylang oil for hair, skin & health effectively
- 14 Tips On How To Fix Bow Legs Naturally Without Surgery
- Top 16 tips on how to use honey for blackheads removal
- Tips & home remedies for sweaty feet and hands
- How to get rid of head lice and eggs at home fast & naturally
- 21 Tips on How to Tighten Belly Skin Naturally & Fast at Home
- Top 25 almond face mask whitening recipes