Many people are suffering from acne today. As we know, acne can affect anybody, expectantly on the neck, chest, face, back, legs and shoulders. Unhealthy diet, lack of proper hygiene, improper lifestyle, hormonal imbalance, stress and use of certain medications, etc, are a few of the common causes of acne. Treating beauty problems naturally is a desire of most of the people. Avocado is famous for its amazing health and beauty benefits. Curing acne is one of the best benefits of this fruit. Want to know about how to use avocado for acne naturally? Continue reading this article at VKool.com to know more the ways to make use of avocado for acne.
11 Uses Of Avocado For Acne Treatment You Should Follow
1. Avocado Mask
Avocado helps to combat acne and smooth the skin because it is packed with vitamin E. In addition, it has vitamin K and C that help to improve the immune system to combat the acne causing bacteria. It also helps to maintain the skin moisturized and hydrated because it possesses omega 6 fatty acids named Linoleic acid. Further, it works as anti-inflammatory property that helps to calm the pain and irritation as well. Moreover, it comes with antioxidant compounds like thiamine, riboflavin, biotin, niacin, patothenic acid as well as other B – vitamin that counteracts the free radicals’ action effectively. So, how to use avocado for acne? Follow the way below:
- Take a ripe avocado and mash it. Then, apply on the affected parts of the skin.
- Leave it to sit for a couple of minutes until it completely dries. Finally, wash with cold water and pat the skin dry.
- You should repeat the same process frequently.
2. Egg White And Avocado For Acne
Egg whites in this mask are thought to act to treat acne because it decreases the skin’s large pores, thereby making it acne free. They also help clear the skin by lifting debris and dirt out of the pores and removing excess oil, which leads to acne. Here is a simple way on how to use avocado for acne:
- Mash a ½ avocado at first and mix this mashed avocado with an egg white.
- Then, make a fine paste by adding 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice. Apply on the face afterwards and let it dry. Lastly, rinsing off with water and pat the skin dry.
- Regularly reapply this mask.
See more: 22 Best Homemade Egg White Face Masks
3. Avocado With Lemon Juice And Honey
Lemon juice in this mask also helps to treat acne because it contains a natural antibacterial and astringent agent that works as an exfoliant to fade dead skin cells more quickly and prevent clogged pores as well.
- All you need to do is peel and mash a ripe avocado. Next, add freshly extracted lemon juice (1 to 2 teaspoons), warm water (4 teaspoons), along with honey (1 teaspoon) to create a fine paste.
- Then, apply the mixture on the affected skin in a circular motion. After about 20 minutes, wash it off using cold water. Finally, pat dry and follow up with applying some oil free moisturizer.
- You can store the rest of paste in an airtight container in a refrigerator.
- To obtain the best results, apply this face mask frequently.
4. Avocado And Coffee Scrub
This is also another way to use avocado for acne. Coffee is a great ingredient used for making acne scrub, since it acts as a good natural oil reducer and stimulates the skin to prevent acne.
- All you have to do is mash avocado (½ part) and next mix it with ground coffee (2 to 3 teaspoon).
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin and gently scrub for a few minutes. Wait for three minutes and then wash off with water. Finally, pat the skin dry.
- Repeat this scrubbing process daily for best results.
5. Honey And Avocado For Acne
Besides avocado, honey contains numerous properties such as natural antibiotic, full of antioxidants, sticky nature, vitamins and minerals, saturating anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, essential and osmotic impact, quick healing properties and anti-bacterial, which naturally and effectively treat acne than other remedies. It also murders the bacteria causing acne because it works as a natural antibiotic. To make use of avocado for acne, follow the recipe below:
- Firstly, use water to cleanse your face and next pat the skin dry.
- Take an avocado, scrape out its inside and mash it up. Then, add raw honey (1 tablespoon) and stir to form a fine paste.
- After that, apply this paste on the skin that is affected by acne and leave for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse it off and dry your face prior to applying moisturizer.
- For immediate relief from acne, repeat this process.
6. Castor Oil And Avocado For Acne
Basically, castor oil acts as a natural astringent that clears skin, drawing out oil, dirt, bacteria, as well as other toxins causing acne. Castor oil also contains the triglyceride fatty acids that are anti-viral, anti-septic, and antibacterial, so they murder the bacteria causing acne. The presence of ricinoleic acid in the oil reduces swelling, inflammation, and redness as well. Castor oil also inhibits the development of harmful microbes causing acne. Last but not least, it is a powerful source of vitamin E, anti–oxidants, and other minerals and vitamins that promote skin health. So, how to use castor oil and avocado for acne? Try following the way below:
- Take some water and bring it to the boil. Later open the pores by putting the face close to the steam. Then, prepare three parts of castor oil and seven parts of avocado.
- Mix them well and massage in a circular motion on your face.
- Leave this mixture overnight and in the next morning, clean your face with the help of a mild facial scrub.
- Finally, pat dry the skin and repeat regularly.
7. Avocado And Oatmeal
Oatmeal also exfoliates, fading other toxins from the skin that clog pores. It also removes dead and dry skin cells to prevent acne. Besides, oatmeal reduces swelling, irritation, and redness caused due to acne breakouts because it contains anti – inflammatory property. It also comes with anti-microbial properties that murder the bacteria causing. It also owns magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc and selenium, which help restore hormonal balance and regulate oil production. Moreover, it contains folate and vitamins like B1, B2, B3, B6, and B9, which are necessary to skin cell regeneration. Oatmeal also comprises of the polysaccharides that nourish skin, keeping it tight and firm. Here is the recipe to make use of avocado for acne:
- Mash 1/2 ripe avocado at first and mix in cooked oatmeal (½ cup) to make a paste.
- Thereafter, apply this paste on the affected skin parts and gently rub for a few minutes.
- Keep it on for another several minutes and finally, wash it off using warm water.
- This process should be followed regularly.
8. Avocado And Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil in this recipe owns antimicrobial and antibacterial compounds that act against the bacteria effectively causing acne breakouts. It can penetrate deep into your skin and helps to eliminate the sebaceous glands. As a result, this unclogs the pores, thereby disinfecting them and decrease acne. Furthermore, it acts as a solvent because it removes grease and dust easily and safeguards the skin.
- Firstly, mix tea tree oil (4 parts) with avocado oil (6 parts).
- Next, wash your face and then apply the oil and gently massage in a circular motion.
- Take a container and pour hot water in it. Cover it with a towel to steam the face. Hold in that position for a minimum of 10 to15 minutes.
- Use a mild scrub to wash the face and finally, pat the skin dry.
- This process should be followed regularly.
9. Avocado With Honey, Cocoa Powder, And Cinnamon
Like honey, cinnamon contains anti-microbial qualities and can stop the growth of fungi and bacteria causing acne. This mask comprises of anti-oxidant, antifungal and antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria causing acne by nourishing the skin deeply and softly.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of mashed avocado, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Mix all the ingredients together and carefully apply on the face & neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Wait for about half an hour and then wash off using lukewarm water.
- Continue applying this mask one time a week.
10. Tomato And Avocado For Acne
With anti-oxidants, tomatoes fight against the free radicals causing acne. The natural acid present in tomatoes restores the natural oil balance of the skin. Tomato also moisturizes skin, leaving it smooth and soft as well. Tomatoes also help nourish skin and shrink pores since it contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, and K. Besides, they contain potassium, iron, as well as other nutrients that support both general health and skin health, and lower scar formation. How to use tomato and avocado for acne? Try the method below:
- Firstly, cover the head and hot bowl with the help of a soft towel and expose the skin to hot steam to open the pores.
- In a container, mash avocado and tomato together and stir it well prior to applying on the skin.
- Leave it to stay for about forty minutes and wash off using warm water.
- Finally, do the same process frequently.
11. Avocado Oil
Avocado oil helps to fade dead skin cells, excess oil, and dirt, thus unclogging the pores when it’s applied on the skin. It also helps to treat acne and other skin issues because it contains essential vitamin A, E, B, and D.
- Firstly, use mild facial cleanser together with water to cleanse your face.
- Then, take some avocado oil and apply it on the face. Gently massage in a circular motion.
- After 25 minutes, wipe with the help of a warm wet towel. Use a mild scrub and wash off the face using water.
- Finally, dry the skin and follow this way regularly.
Aside from using the natural remedies, you need to exercise regularly, drink lots of water, maintain personal hygiene, and eat green vegetables and fresh fruits to make the skin stay healthy. Was this post helpful for you? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below. To read more many useful articles, visit our main Skin Care page.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Living with KP review – can Jenifer’s KP treatment work?
- Top 10 amazing health benefits of tea
- 10 home remedies to quit smoking: best and effective ways
- 23 Ways On How To Treat Folliculitis Naturally At Home
- All natural oils for hair – 25 best oils to apply for hair growth
- CT–50 plan review – does Tyler Bramlett’s guide work?
- Top 12 Easy Fondue Recipes For Kids
- 29 best home remedies for hair growth for men and women