Although acne is harmless, it may often cause discomfort and embarrassment in both women and men. The continuous accumulation of dirt, dead skin cells, dust, and oil on the skin pores results in pimples. When these pimples are infected with bacteria, they will turn into red, swollen, and painful.
In fact, teenagers are very prone to acne because of the hormonal changes in the body. Though there are many available creams promising to remove acne, natural herbal treatments are the best methods to deal with this skin problem. Cucumber is proven as the best remedy to treat acne.
In this article, Vkool.com will show you 9 useful ways on how to use cucumber for acne treatment without any side effect. This article listed the best methods that use cucumber along with some other natural ingredients to remove acne effectively at home from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to use cucumber for acne treatment.
How To Use Cucumber For Acne Treatment – 9 Effective Ways
Can cucumber help to treat acne?
The essential nutrients and vitamins in cucumbers have many amazing benefits on your skin as well as the whole body. Cucumber is also an excellent remedy to cure acne for people with a sensitive skin. Here are the benefits of cucumber that can help to reduce acne and give you a flawless skin.
- Cucumber contains a natural cooling effect that may soothe the redness, irritation, and inflammation caused by pimples.
- Silica, an essential component in cucumber helps in healing and developing the damaged skin cells caused by acne.
- Cucumber is very rich in vitamin E, which will help to combat the free radicals causing pimples and acne as well as eliminate stubborn acne scars to give you a clear and smooth skin.
- Cucumber juice, whenever applied on the acne skin areas, helps to unclog the skin pores by cleansing your skin from the deep inside to eliminate bacteria, excess oil, and dirt.
- The rich amino acids and minerals in cucumber aid in redeveloping and rejuvenating the dull skin.
Here are several methods that will show to you how to use cucumber for acne treatment thoroughly. You should follow these ways frequently without any failure that will give you relief from acne as well as its symptoms on your skin completely.
1. Cucumber Slices
The method below helps to remove acne as well as fade away acne scars effectively.
To use cucumber for acne treatment, what you need to prepare:
- Fresh cucumber – 1
- Firstly, you peel and cut this cucumber into thin slices.
- Then, you place these cucumber slices onto the affected skin areas.
- Now, you leave it for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Finally, you remove these cucumber slices from your skin.
- You can repeat the same way every day to minimize acne and get a clear skin.
Learn more: Beauty and household advantages of cucumbers
2. Brown Sugar And Cucumber Juice Scrub
The scrub of cucumber and brown sugar is a great method to gently exfoliate the sensitive skin to eliminate the accumulated dead cells and dirt, unclog the skin pores, and cleanse the face.
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Cucumber juice – 1 tablespoon
- At first, you mix brown sugar with cucumber juice together.
- Then, you apply the paste onto your face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now, you gently scrub your face skin with your wet fingers to eliminate the dead skin cells and gently cleanse your face.
- Sugar is a gentle skin scrub because it can easily dissolve in liquid without any over scrubbing.
- Finally, you wash your face with clean water.
- You should follow this way using brown sugar and cucumber for acne regularly for 2 to 3 times per week to get the best results.
Note: You may also combine cucumber juice with sea salt or baking soda to make a scrub. Both sea salt and baking soda can help you to fight the bacteria causing acne.
3. Chickpea Flour, Turmeric, Lemon, And Cucumber
You can make an excellent natural face mask by mixing chickpea flour, cucumber juice, organic turmeric powder, and lemon juice. This mask can gently exfoliate your skin, fight acne, soak excess oil from your skin, minimize acne, and fade away acne scar. Besides, turmeric contains an excellent natural antiseptic, which will soothe the irritated skin and prevent acne.
- Chickpea flour – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Cucumber juice – enough to create a thick paste
- At first, you mix chickpea flour, turmeric powder, and lemon juice well.
- Then, you add enough cucumber juice into this to create a thick paste
- Now, you apply the pack on your face and neck.
- After that, you leave the face pack on your skin for 20 minutes.
- Finally, you gently scrub your face with your wet fingers to eliminate the pack and then wash your face with plain water
- You should repeat the same method for three times per week.
Read more: Health advantages of turmeric for humans
4. Fuller’s Earth And Cucumber Juice
Here are the step-by-step directions on how to use cucumber for acne treatment:
- Fuller’s earth – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Cucumber juice – enough to create a thick paste
- Firstly, you mix fuller’s earth with cucumber juice to get a thick paste.
- Then, you apply the paste on your face and neck as a face mask.
- Now, you leave it on for 20 minutes.
- After that, you gently massage your skin with your wet fingers to eliminate this pack and then wash your skin thoroughly with cool water.
- Finally, you apply your regular moisturizer on your skin to lock the moisture into your skin.
Learn more: The book of 14 days acne cure
5. Lemon Juice And Cucumber Juice
The combination of lemon and cucumber can help to treat acnes as well as acne scars effectively. The natural bleaching and antibacterial effect of lemon juice will kill the bacteria causing acne and fade away its scars.
- Cucumber juice – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lemon juice – teaspoon
- A cheesecloth
- Firstly, you peel and grate one medium-sized cucumber.
- Then, you place it in the cheesecloth and squeeze to extract its juice
- Now, you mix cucumber juice with fresh lemon juice together.
- After that, you apply the mixture onto your face by using a cotton ball and you have to concentrate on acne and its scars.
- Finally, you allow it to dry and then wash your skin with plain water.
Note: You may also replace lemon with apple cider vinegar in this way.
6. Fresh Mint Leaves, Gram Flour, Tomato, And Cucumber Juice
The green face mask, made with fresh mint leaves, green gram flour, and cucumber juice works as a gentle exfoliate, eliminates excess oil from your skin, prevents acne, and provides you with a glowing skin.
- Fresh cucumber (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Fresh mint leaves – 1/2 cup
- Tomato slices – a few
- Green gram flour – enough to make a fine paste
- Firstly, you peel and chop fresh cucumber.
- Then, you add the chopped fresh cucumber, fresh mint leaves, and tomato slices into a blender and run it to blend them well.
- Next, you add green gram flour powder into this and mix them well to make a fine paste
- Now, you apply the paste on your face as a face pack and keep it for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, you remove this pack by gently scrubbing your face with your wet fingers and then wash your face with clean water.
- You should repeat this way for three times per week.
Read more: Health advantages of tomato
7. Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, And Cucumber
Aloe vera is one of the best natural skin beauty ingredients. Its antibacterial and healing property can help to kill the bacteria causing acne, soothe, repair, and restore the damaged skin cells.
Here are the simple guides on how to use cucumber for acne treatment:
- Medium-sized aloe vera leaf – 1
- Tea tree oil – a few drops
- Cucumber juice
- Firstly, you break this aloe vera leaf to extract its fresh gel.
- Then, you mix cucumber juice and aloe vera gel in equal quantities.
- Next, you add tea tree oil into it and mix them together.
- Now, you apply the mixture on your face and acne by using the aloe vera leaf.
- After that, you leave it for 20 minutes and then reapply another layer of this juice.
- Next, you massage your face gently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, you wash your face with plain water.
- You should follow the same way every day to treat acne.
8. Neem, Turmeric, Oats, And Cucumber
The antiseptic and antibacterial properties of turmeric and neem help to treat acne while oats work as a gentle exfoliant that will remove the dead skin cells and excess oil on your skin.
- Chopped cucumber – 1/2 cup
- Neem leaves – 1/2 cup
- Organic turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Oatmeal – enough to create a pack
- A small bowl
- Firstly, you place the chopped cucumber and neem leaves into the blender.
- Then, you blend them well.
- Next, you remove the blended ingredients into the small bowl.
- Now, you add organic turmeric powder and oatmeal into t to make a pack.
- After that, you apply the pack on your face, neck, and acne-prone areas.
- Now, you leave it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, you gently massage your skin with your wet fingers to eliminate the pack, wash your skin with clean water, and apply a light moisturizer to your skin.
- You should repeat the same method for three times per week to cure acne.
See more: Make natural face masks with oatmeal
9. Cucumber In Diet
In fact, cucumber is filled with many essential vitamins and nutrients that help to keep your body hydrated, flush out toxins, induce a cooling effect in your body, and help to fight acne. Consuming cucumber regularly in any form (juice or salads) will aid in losing weight, treating constipation, and promoting a healthy glowing skin.
- You can peel a cucumber and roughly chop it into medium-sized pieces. Then, you place these slices in a blender and blend them well. Finally, you drink this juice every day in the morning with an empty stomach to remove toxins from your body. You will notice the difference in the body within 1 – 2 weeks.
- You can also use fresh cucumbers to prepare salads. To make a healthy green salad bowl, you add 1 cup of chopped fresh cucumber, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves, ½ cup of sprouts, and 1 teaspoon of black salt into a large salad bowl. Finally, you just toss all these ingredients well.
- Another interesting method to have cucumber is to add cucumber slices into your sandwiches, burgers, or rolls.
Tips and precautions:
- Cucumber contains a natural cooling property. Therefore, people who suffer from asthma and cold should avoid having cucumber or using it on the skin.
- Cucumber may be applied on the skin every day without any side effects.
- You should use fresh cucumber to get its complete benefits.
To know more information about skin care recipes and natural treatments for skin problems, go to our main Skin Care page. After studying the writing of 9 effective methods on how to use cucumber for acne treatment, hope that this article will help you learn more some easy and simple ways to use cucumber for removing acne at home. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective as well as easily available for eliminating acne. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after carrying out a small test, check your body reaction, and then continue using these methods to keep acne at bay. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways on how to use cucumber for acne treatment.