Heavy menstrual bleeding is characterized by abnormally prolonged or heavy periods. Several causes of heavy menstrual bleeding include uterine polyps, hormonal imbalance in the body, miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, noncancerous tumors of the uterus, use of blood thinners. Some symptoms of heavy menstrual bleeding include shortness of breath, nausea, fatigue, mood swings, headaches and extreme weakness Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat heavy menstrual bleeding? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 30 natural home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding clots. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 30 Natural Home Remedies For Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Clots Are Revealed
Here are 30 best home remedies you are looking for:
2. Mango Bark
9. Thyme Tea
11. Ashoka Tree Bark
12. Chaste Tree
13. Aloe Vera
15. Mustard Seeds
16. Tomato Juice
17. Banana Flower
18. Holy Basil
19. Epsom Salt
20. Cold Compress
23. Red Raspberry
25. Coriander Seeds
Hawthorn flower is very beneficial for treating several conditions related to menstruation, including the blood clot discharge, and abdominal pain as well as heavy menstrual bleeding.
You simply prepare a decoction by mixing 30 grams of hawthorn with 15 grams of saffron and put this mixture in water. You remember to consume this decoction when it is still hot to get its best benefits.
Another of top 30 home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding is to use mango bark. With this remedy, you just take the mango bark and then blend it well to get the mango bark extract. You mix 10ml of this mango bark juice with 130 ml of plain water and consume 1 teaspoon of this solution every hour to arrest excessive periods.
Basil may aid you in relieving pain related to menstruation as it owns caffeic acid that has the ability to reduce pain well.
- You just add 2 tablespoons of basil leaves in a pint of boiled water.
- Let this steep for a while and cover tightly.
- You wait until cool to the room temperature and sip 1/2 to 1 cup of this basil tea an hour when you suffer from pain in your period.
- Or you can use it as a natural spice to cook vegetables and meat or Italian dishes.
See more: 9 Health Benefits Of Basil
The mixture of herbs is one of the effective home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding. Having an intake of herbal powder is very beneficial in easing excessive bleeding in menstruation. You need to prepare: 50 grams of nigella seeds, 20 grams each of bamboo sugar, red rose powder, amylase, and oak tree gum.
At first, you burn the nigella seeds in a saucepan. Then you mix all these ingredients above together and grind them well until you have a powder mixture. You should consume half a teaspoon of this herbal powder along with snakeroot syrup to get your expected result.
Fenugreek will be capable of reducing excessive bleeding and cramps during menstruation. You can easily find fenugreek seeds available from eastern spice stores, health food stores or online stores.
At first, you soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in 1/4 cup of lukewarm water and let it stay for about 15 minutes.
Then you consume this water along with the soaked fenugreek seeds for 3 days before the new period starts and during this period to lighten periods as well as stop periods early.
The essential oil extracted from the lady's mental leaves can help a lot in stopping heavy menstrual bleeding. If you take it regularly within several months, you can get rid of menstrual bleeding completely.
To control heavy bleeding and cramping intensity, you should consume 20 to 20 drops of this Lady’s Mantle essential oil per day for 3 weeks before the expected start of your menstruation.
Shepherd's purse is one of the natural home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding. It is loaded with a powerful astringent property making blood vessels get constricted and help in reducing blood flow within a few minutes. This herb also assists in addressing postpartum bleeding.
You just mix1 to 2 teaspoons of this herb with 1 milliliter of lukewarm water and grind them well to get the shepherd's purse extract.
Note: If you suffer from very heavy bleeding, you should consume this every 3 hours within 3 days.
The leaves and nodes of bamboo are used as one of excellent home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding. This decoction will be beneficial in regulating your menstrual cycle.
You just boil the bamboo leaves or nodes with water and sip this water twice a day for treating problems related to menstruation.
Consuming thyme tea on a regular basis can help to keep heavy menstrual bleeding at bay. You can make a tea by steeping a tablespoon of thyme leaves in 1 cup of boiled water for about 10 to 12 minutes and then consume if you want to have an effective treatment for excessive bleeding during menstruation.
You may also mix the thyme tea with some ice cubes and then apply this as a cold compress treatment on your abdomen to keep heavy menstruation at bay.
Radish is also effective for fighting against heavy menstrual bleeding. All you have to prepare is to blend 2 or 3 radishes with a bit of water into a thick paste. Then you mix this paste with a cup of buttermilk and stir well. You consume it regularly during your day to get the best results.
Apart from radish root, the radish seeds can also act well in controlling the condition of irregular periods. You simply grind a few radish seeds and then consume this ground seed powder along with buttermilk on a regular basis when you have delayed periods.
The Ashoka tree bark is applied for healing many ailments which include heavy bleeding during menstruation. You firstly crush the Ashoka tree bark into the fine powder. Then you add 25 grams of the Ashoka bark in 200 ml of water. You allow it to boil till the water decreases to 50 ml. Next, you add 50 ml of milk in this solution and continue to boil it until the solution reduces half of its quantity. You strain the water and allow it to cool down. Now, you consume 20 to 30 ml of this water in the morning after you wake up.
Note: You should only prepare this solution in every morning.
Chaste tree is another of top 30 home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding. It is capable of stimulating the progesterone production, which, in turn, slows down menstrual bleeding.
Besides, chaste tree is also beneficial in normalizing the balance of the hormone cycle in females. In addition, it also aids in releasing high amounts of progesterone as well as inhibiting the estrogen release. Chaste tree can also decrease uterine bleeding. You just consume 35 to 30 drops of chaste tree extract four times a day when you suffer from heavy bleeding.
In fact, aloe Vera is famous for the medicinal properties content in it. Apart from its numerous benefits, it may also be applied to help you reduce heavy menstrual bleeding. Drinking the juice made from the aloe Vera gel before and during your menstrual period is known as a natural way to stop heavy bleeding. Alternatively, you can also take 1 tablespoon of this aloe Vera gel and consume it 3 times daily within a week before the expected period starts to ease cramps and pain.
Agrimony is also very helpful for curbing menstrual bleeding. Agrimony contains the astringent properties which will help in stopping both external and internal bleeding.
You can combine a teaspoon of dried agrimony powder with 1 cup of boiling water and allow it to steep. After that, you strain the water and drink this agrimony tea for expected results.
The seeds of mustard are another of great home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding.
You just grind a handful of dried mustard seeds with the help of a grinder and then keep it in an airtight jar.
Now, you consume 2 grams of ground mustard seeds along with a glass of milk 2 times daily as soon as the periods start. This solution will decrease the chances of prolonged bleeding or heavy bleeding.
Consuming tomato juice every day will aid you in improving the blood flow in your menstruation. Tomato juice is comprised of vitamins which may reduce the blood flow in your periods. You should try to include 1 glass of tomato juice in your daily diet to help you get rid of this condition as soon as possible.
Banana flower is another of top 30 home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding. It is beneficial in balancing hormones as well as reducing bleeding. In addition, it also has the ability to increase the level of progesterone which your body creates.
You can take the cooked banana flower and then mix it with curd to consume in your daily diet. This treatment can provide you with a relief from excessive menstrual bleeding.
If you want to get more information about home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding, stay with us for our next post!
Holy basil is loaded with anti-spasmodic oils instantly relieving heavy bleeding and cramps in menstruation. Holy basil is capable of maintaining the balance of hormones during periods in the body. You just prepare a cup of hot holy basil tea by mixing a tablespoon of basil leaves well with 1 cup of water and boil them. You consume this holy basil tea during your menstrual cycles to keep clotting and heavy bleeding at bay.
You can grow the holy basil by yourself or find the dried holy basil available at the health stores.Holy basil is highly useful for regulating heavy menstrual bleeding and reducing blood loss. Nevertheless, if you continue suffering from heavy periods, you should see a practicing gynecologist to have some advice.
Read more: 11 Health Benefits Of Holy Basil Tea
This is one of the simple home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding. Using Epsom salt for dealing with this condition is a tricky thing because using it too much can make you hurt. However, using a proper dosage of Epsom salt can help a lot in treating this problem.
You just mix 1/2 tablespoon of Epsom salt together with 1 glass of water and then consume it within 2 days before your expected period starts. This solution will help in lessening bleeding, easing cramping, and stomach bloating.
See more: Top 10 Health Benefits Of Epsom Salt
Using a cold compress is one of the best home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding clots. This will help reduce pain in the lower abdomen as well as the flow of blood. For best results, you can use it as follows.
- Put some ice cubes in a thin towel and next to tie it properly.
- Then place it over your abdomen for at least 15 minutes.
- Lie down for some time and try to relax.
It is suggested to follow this treatment every 4 hours for as long as the symptoms continue.
Blackstrap molasses is one of the effective home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding clots. Being high in iron, it may help regulate the amount of blood lost during menstruation and aids in the production of red blood cells. In addition, it helps soothe the muscles of the uterine walls to reduce pain as well as reduce blood clots. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Add blackstrap molasses (1 to 2 teaspoons) to a cup of milk or warm water. It is suggested to consume it once every day.
- Another option is to add blackstrap molasses (½ tablespoon) to a glass of lemongrass tea. You had better enjoy it once in the morning and once at night before bedtime.
It is recommended to repeat either of these treatments for several months to notice improvement in your condition.
One of the great apple cider vinegar for heavy menstrual bleeding clots is using apple cider vinegar. Especially, it acts as a tonic to maintain hormonal balance and flush toxins out of your body as well. It can even be effective for treating symptoms such as headaches, irritability, cramping and fatigue. For positive results, you can use this vinegar as follows.
- Mix raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (1 to 2 teaspoons) in a glass of water.
You should consume this solution about three times daily during the menstrual cycle for optimal results.
Red raspberry leaves are very beneficial for heavy menstrual bleeding clots. The leaves help boost the uterine muscles because they contain tannins. In addition, it also helps decrease abdominal pain. What you need to do:
- Add dried leaves of red raspberry (1 tablespoon) to hot water (one cup).
- Cover and next, steep for at least10 minutes.
- Strain and then consume this tea about three times every day.
You should start drinking this solution one week before your cycle is due and even throughout your period.
You can also try cayenne pepper in order to get relief from excessive menstrual flow. In addition, it can help balance the blood flow in your body. Moreover, it helps relieve symptoms of heavy bleeding and maintain hormonal balance as well. For desirable results, you can use it as follows.
- Add cayenne powder (½ teaspoon) to a glass of warm water.
- Then add a little honey. It is suggested to enjoy this about 2 or 3 times per day during your cycle.
- Another option is to take cayenne supplements once every day, but only after consulting your doctor.
There are a lot of other healthy home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding presented in this article, so continue reading!
Coriander seeds can help stop heavy menstrual cycles, according to Ayurveda. Especially, it can help balance female hormones in the body and improve uterine functioning as well. What you need to do:
- Add coriander seeds (1 teaspoon) to two cups of water.
- Next to, boil it until this quantity reduces by half.
- Strain and then add a little honey.
It is recommended to drink it about 2 or 3 times per day during your monthly cycle.
Cinnamon is very good in decreasing heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids, endometriosis and adenomyosis. Cinnamon reduces the bleeding by boosting blood flow away from the uterus. Plus, it also helps relieve cramps due to its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. What you need to do:
- Add cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon) to one cup of hot water. Next, simmer for several minutes. Add honey and then drink it two times a day.
- Alternatively, you can take cinnamon bark tincture (3 drops), 2 times per day.
- Another option is to take cinnamon essential oil (15 to 30 drops) diluted in water (¼ cup), up to 3 times a day.
It is suggested to repeat any of these treatments during your period only.
Comfrey is also one of the good home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding clots, according to herbalists. The herb helps restrict blood vessels, thereby decreasing heavy bleeding. For instants results, you can use it as follows.
- Put comfrey leaves (2 teaspoons) in one cup of hot water.
- Cover and next to steep for about 20 minutes.
- Strain and then drink it once every day during heavy bleeding.
Iron rich foods are an essential mineral for women coping with heavy menstrual periods as it can help prevent and stop iron-deficiency anemia. What you need to do:
- Eat iron-rich foods such as dark green vegetables, pumpkin seeds, legumes, egg yolks, liver, raisins, prunes, red meat, and cereals fortified with iron.
- Another option is to take an iron supplement, but only after consulting a doctor.
Learn more: Cautions Of Iron Deficiency In Women And Men
Magnesium is an important mineral in order to balance female hormones, like estrogen and progesterone. Furthermore, heavy menstruation can be caused by a magnesium deficiency in the body. In fact, eating magnesium-rich foods will help control the profuse bleeding during menstruation. What you need to do:
- Eat magnesium-rich foods such as nuts and seeds, avocado, oats, dark chocolate, squash, pumpkin and watermelon.
- Another choice is to take a magnesium supplement, but only after consulting your doctor.
Tamarind is one of the best home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding clots. Especially, it can help prevent excessive flow of blood and reduce the level of cholesterol because it is rich in antioxidants and fibers. In addition, it also protects against heart and cancer diseases. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Soak tamarind (8-10 pieces) and dry plum (4-5 pieces) in 500 ml water overnight.
- Next morning, you take out all the seeds and next to crush the mixture.
- Then add 2-3 tablespoons of honey in this solution and stir well.
It is suggested to drink this mixture on an empty stomach. You should consume it regularly for about 4-5 days.
- Maintain a record of your menstrual flow.
- Have an extra supply of sanitary tampons and pads on hand.
- Drink several cups of sage, chamomile or green tea every day.
- Do regular moderate exercise. Some good exercises include jogging, swimming, brisk walking and bicycling.
- Enjoy a warm bath to ease pain and tension and relax muscles.
- Massage your lower back with olive oil, warm coconut to relieve pain.
- Add supplements to your diet like calcium, zinc and vitamins B6, C and K. Before taking any supplement, you should consult your doctor first.
When should you see a doctor?
You should consult a doctor:
- If your vagina has abnormal discharge
- If you have many thick blood clots during menstruation for more than 1 day.
- If you suffer from excessive menstrual bleeding gone with vomiting, diarrhea or nausea.
- If you suffer from excessive bleeding preceded or accompanied by fever
- If you are suffering from anemia.
- If the condition of bleeding lasts for 7 days or more during all menstrual cycles although you applied some home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding above.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. You should try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of heavy menstrual bleeding clots. You had better use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive positive results. After studying the writing of top 30 home remedies for heavy menstrual bleeding clots in women, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to treat heavy menstrual bleeding fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on woman problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to get rid of a blind pimple on chin fast – 10 tips
- Heath benefits of grape juice – 9 best advantages
- 7 best home remedies for dry hands skin
- How to boost female sex drive naturally – 9 tips
- How to relieve hip pain naturally at home – 21 easy tips to act now
- 20 Useful ways on how to use aloe vera for dandruff treatment
- 30 Home remedies for tonsillitis pain in toddlers and adults
- Red wine face mask recipe: 7 effective solutions