The production of excess oil clogs pores, which in turn causes acne. You can find many synthetic products to fade away acne gradually in the market. But if you desire an effective and natural solution, olive oil is an excellent choice for you. The presence of vital vitamins in olive oil encourages the healing process of acne more quickly. Plus, it owns excellent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics that are necessary for treating acne and its scars as well. Particularly, olive oil is non-comedogenic in nature, making it an excellent remedy for acne. This oil can be used alone or in combination with other ingredients that keep the skin healthy. Now try following the ways listed below at VKool.com site until you choose the one that is suitable for you.
Top 13 Ways On How To Use Olive Oil For Acne Treatment
1. Olive Oil Overnight
Massaging with olive oil promotes the blood circulation which removes dust and dead skin cells that clog pores. It is naturally antibacterial and it kills the germs causing acne. Plus, this oil has the vitamin E, so it restores the natural oil balance of the skin which helps to prevent acne and its scars as well. Here is a way to make use of olive oil for acne:
- Simply, take some extra virgin olive oil and massage it into the clean skin with circular motions before bed.
- Leave on overnight and rinse with water in the morning.
- For added benefit, take a soft cloth, soak it in hot water, remove the excess water and place it on the face after massaging with the oil. Allow it to cool down and remove it.
- To treat acne effectively, repeat nightly.
2. Garlic With Olive Oil For Acne
Olive oil possesses anti-oxidants that decrease the appearance of acne. It also reduces swelling, redness, and inflammation caused due to breakouts. In addition, olive oil can fight free radicals that damage the skin because it contains the polyphenols. Garlic in this recipe owns anti – bacterial, anti – viral, anti – septic and anti-fungal agents that help to trigger clogged pores and thus, decreases the acne. Furthermore, garlic contains the allicin, so it murders the bacteria that cause acne breakouts and clog the skin pores. Try a recipe below to use olive oil for acne:
- Firstly, peel and mince 4 cloves of garlic. Put the garlic with extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons) in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Then, eat 1 tbsp of this mixture two times a day followed by an eight oz glass of water.
- You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator for next use. This mixture will last up to three days.
3. Olive Oil With Sea Salt Scrub For Acne
As you know, olive oil helps ease dead skin cells as well as other toxins clogging pores. Further, the essential fatty acids and nutrients housed in olive oil help heal damaged skin. Moreover, olive oil keeps skin clear and boosts the immune system to inhibit infections causing acne because it comes with vitamins D, K, and E, as well as mono-unsaturated fatty acids and beta-carotenes.
- You need to prepare extra virgin olive oil (¼ to ½ cup) with fine sea salt (1 cup) and mix them well to form a paste.
- Afterwards, use plain water to wash your face and apply the paste to the wet skin. Gently massage in circular motions.
- Wait for five minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Massage plain olive oil you’re your fingertips into wet skin until absorbed completely.
- This way should be followed three times weekly. You can keep the leftover mixture in a refrigerator for around 2 to 3 days.
4. Olive Oil And Rose Hip Oil For Acne
Rose hip oil decreases inflammation and prevents scarring because it contains essentially fatty acids. Plus, rose hip oil owns trans-retinoic acid, which maintains smooth skin. In addition to those essential fatty acids, these properties may also decrease the size of pores. To use rose hip oil and olive oil for acne, follow the method below:
- Take 2 tsp of olive oil together with 1 tsp of rose hip oil and mix the two ingredients together.
- Then, apply this combination to acne prone skin, massaging in circular motion.
- Wait for five minutes and finally, rinse with warm water.
- It is suggested to repeat this procedure 3 times daily.
5. Olive Oil And Baking Soda For Acne
Baking soda is one of the best remedies for acne treatment. It exfoliates skin to fade toxins that clog pores and helps restore the pH balance of the skin. Moreover, it comes with mild anti inflammatory agents that help reduce swelling and redness. You can use olive oil for acne treatment as follows:
- Firstly, take 1 tsp of baking soda with extra virgin olive oil (1 tbsp) and mix them together.
- Wash face with water afterwards and apply to wet skin with this mixture, massaging in circular motions.
- After 10 to 20 minutes, use lukewarm water to rinse it off and pat dry.
- Follow this process daily.
6. Olive Oil And Lemon Juice For Acne
Lemon juice in this recipe is also a great ingredient for treating acne. The presence of critic acid in lemon works as a chemical exfoliant which eliminates the dead cells clogging pores leading to irritation and infection. The acidic property also helps eliminate excess oil, which is the major cause of acne. Apart from that, lemon kills bacteria-causing acne and encourages the immune system, staying away from future acne thanks to its anti-bacterial as well as antimicrobial properties.
- Firstly, mix extra virgin olive oil (¼ teaspoon) with fresh-squeezed lemon juice (1/8 teaspoon). Massage into clean skin with circular motions and rinse with water after 5-10 minutes.
- Repeat the process daily. You can massage some olive oil into the wet skin after rinsing the face for added benefit.
7. Olive Oil, Tea Tree Oil, And Honey For Acne
Honey is not only good for your health but also for acne treatment. It works as a natural antibiotic which murders bacteria-causing acne. The acidity in honey prevents bacteria growth. With anti-inflammatory properties, honey helps reduce redness related to acne. Tea tree oil is used externally as a traditional or folk remedy for various conditions including athlete's foot, acne, nail fungus, infections, and wounds or for lice, cold sores, skin lesions and dandruff. It contains strong anti-bacterial agents and treats acne scars effectively. It kills the bacteria causing acne, too.
- You need to make a paste by mixing extra virgin olive oil (¼ cup), tea tree oil (10 drops), sugar (½ cup), and raw honey (1 tablespoon).
- Then, apply this paste on the troubled parts and massage for few minutes in circular motions.
- After five minutes, rinse with the help of warm water and pat the skin dry.
- It is advisable to repeat this way regularly.
8. Castor Oil And Olive Oil For Acne
A combination of olive oil and castor oil is also an ideal remedy to treat acne. Castor oil plays an important role in removing all the dirt, bacteria, dead skin cells, excess oil as well as other impurities from the skin. Particularly, the triglyceride fatty acids present in the oil are antibacterial, anti-viral, and anti-septic, so they murder the bacteria causing acne. It also fights against the bacteria causing acne thanks to the presence of omega 9 fatty acid in it. Besides, it prevents the growth of harmful microbes causing acne.
- Firstly, mix extra virgin olive oil with castor oil in equal parts. Then, apply on the skin and lightly massage in circular motions.
- Take a clean cloth and soak it in hot water. Then, place over your face to open pores with steam. Finally, remove the cloth, rinse using water, and pat dry.
- Repeat the process daily to treat acne.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar And Olive Oil For Acne
Apple cider vinegar kills the bacteria clogging pores and causing acne because it is anti-bacterial as well as antiseptic. It also fights free radicals as well as other harmful toxins causing acne because it acts as a natural detoxifier. Plus, it reduces swelling, redness, and pain, caused by whiteheads, blackheads, and large pimples due to its anti-inflammatory. How to use apple cider vinegar and olive oil for acne? Try the simple method below:
- Firstly, mix apple cider vinegar (1 teaspoon) with water (4 teaspoons). Next, wash the face and pat dry. Then, apply the mixture to the skin with a cotton ball.
- Thereafter, apply some extra virgin olive oil by gently massaging in circular motion.
- Massage the oil into the skin with fingertips until completely absorbed.
- Follow the remedy daily.
10. Lavender Oil With Olive Oil For Acne
Lavender oil has been suggested as an effective treatment for acne as well as acne scars thanks to its mild aroma and antiseptic qualities. To use olive oil for acne, follow the method below:
- Warm extra virgin olive oil (½ quart) at first and then stir in lavender oil (10 drops).
- Massage gently into the skin until absorbed completely.
- You can store leftovers in a cool, dry place.
11. Olive Oil For Treating Back Acne
Clove oil in this recipe contains anti – inflammatory, anti – bacterial, an aesthetic and antiseptic properties that help to cure back acne effectively.
- Firstly, mix extra virgin olive oil (10 teaspoons) with clove oil (1 teaspoon).
- Then, apply directly to the affected areas. After a few minutes, rinse using water and pat the skin dry.
- It is recommended to repeat 2 to 3 times weekly.
12. Olive Oil For Treating Cystic Acne
Here is another useful way to treat cystic acne with olive oil:
- Firstly, mix extra virgin olive oil (½ teaspoon), fresh-squeezed lemon juice (¼ teaspoon), together with a pinch of salt.
- Next, gently apply to skin and rinse with warm water after some minutes.
- Or you can mix olive oil with some water and then apply on your cystic acne prone skin parts and let it dry naturally. Finally, rinse it off using water.
- Repeat the process daily.
For reading more our articles, you can visit the main Skin Care page. It is advisable to consult your doctor if these treatments do not have noticeable results within a month. Have you tried olive oil for acne treatment? Do you know any way to use olive oil for acne we haven’t mentioned? Please share your thoughts with us!