Sulfur present in onion helps in decreasing inflammation, as well as reinvigorates your hair follicles. In addition, onion contains anti-bacterial properties that help with scalp infections. Moreover, the enzyme catalase in it is an anti-oxidant, which can inhibit premature graying for a few people. Researchers have indicated that onion juice deals with alopecia areata effectively. The alopecia areata is one auto-immune disease in the body that attacks hair follicle and leads to spot baldness. Moreover, onion juice contains anti-oxidant properties that help slow down cell damage. Because cell damage causes aging, consisting of prematurely gray hair, using antioxidants to your scalp may help to minimize or stop gray hair. Therefore, onion juice is the best natural remedy for hair growth. Now, let’s have a more detailed look at VKool.com to understand more the ways to use onion juice for hair growth.
12 Ways On How To Use Onion Juice For Hair Growth That Work
1. Raw Onion Juice For Hair Growth
Onion juice not only helps in treating cold but also promotes hair growth. Click To Tweet As above mentioned, onion juice is really effective for hair growth. How to use onion juice for hair growth? Follow these following steps:
- The first step is to take few onions depending on the length of your hair and peel them off. Next, cut it into smaller pieces and place them into one food processor, such as grinder, juicer or mixer.
- Then, squeeze out and gather the juice into one bowl.
- Now rub the juice onto your scalp using light hands. Pay more attention to the bald patches.
- Leave it to set for at least an hour and then use plain water to wash off.
- Finish with a mild hair cleanser.
2. Coconut Oil And Onion Juice For Hair Growth
Coconut oil has the natural antioxidants and nutrients that will provide critical resources to enhance your hair’s luster and softness. In addition, coconut oil is a rich source of vitamin E, K, and iron and efficiently eliminates dandruff while enhancing hair growth. Dandruff and lice limit hair growth and coconut oil contains both antibacterial and antifungal properties to protect against the two potential problems. Thus, the combination of coconut oil and onion juice fights fungus and infections, supports hair growth and improves scalp health all while adding shine and volume without any harmful chemicals. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use onion juice for hair growth:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp onion juice
- Clean towel
- Add 2 tbsp onion juice and 2 tbsp coconut oil into a mixing bowl.
- Now use a spoon to blend both ingredients well.
- Then, apply this mixture on your scalp with the tips of your fingers. Leave it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Afterwards, wash your hair by using a mild shampoo.
- Follow this treatment two times per week and you will see visible results drastically.
Learn more: 9 Homemade Shampoo Recipes Using Coconut Oil
3. Scalp Soak Using Onion Juice For Hair Growth
Basically, onion scalp soaking solution for hair growth is an effective and easiest way. This solution helps with hair growth and also helps in dealing with split ends and damaged hair. The method is:
- 2-3 fresh onion
- Cotton balls
- First of all, take a few onions depending on your hair length. Next, wash them and then peel off properly.
- Then, peel the onion using a cutter, and now put them into one blender.
- After this, take a washed cotton cloth and put that mashed onion on it. Now squeeze out its juice in a bowl to collect 2-4 spoons of onion juice.
- Now apply this onion juice the scalp with the help of cotton balls
- Massage the scalp gently using the tips of your finger.
- Allow it to sit for one hour and later rinse off using a mild shampoo.
- For rapid hair growth, you should follow this remedy twice a week. In order to avoid onion’s unpleasant smells, you can add a little lemon juice with it.
4. Honey And Onion Juice Hair Mask
Honey is also a great natural remedy for hair growth. Honey acts as a natural softener because it is an emollient, making it a good hair conditioner that helps smooth your hair. Also, honey is one natural antioxidant, so it will make the scalp healthy and enhance hair growth. Honey contains antibacterial and antiseptic characteristics that prevent the scalp from psoriasis or infections and tends to maintain the scalp bacteria-free and clean. This also keeps dandruff and itchiness on your scalp at bay. Moreover, because honey is an emollient, it enhances the health of your hair follicles that are responsible for the growth of hair. In fact, the combination of honey and onion juice offers a useful treatment for hair growth. Follow the steps below:
- 2-3 tbsp onion juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a small bowl, add 2-3 tbsp onion juice with 1 tbsp honey. The quantity of ingredients may vary according to the length of your hair.
- After that, mix both ingredients properly by using a mixing spoon.
- Now this solution is ready for application on your scalp.
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp properly using your fingertips and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Then massage the pack onto your scalp and then wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Give this onion juice and honey pack treatment to your hair for at least once a week for expected results.
5. Onion Juice After Wash Solution
- 1 tbsp onion juice
- 1 L warm water
- All you need to do is add the juice to that warm water.
- After this, use this mixture as the last rinse after you shampoo.
6. Onion And Rum Potion
- 60 ml rum
- 1 small onion
- First of all, chop this onion into small pieces. Place the rum and these chopped onions in a glass jar, and allow it to sit overnight.
- After this, strain the mixture and now apply it to the scalp.
- Finally, rinse with shampoo as well as warm water.
- You should use this solution once a week.
7. Yogurt And Onion Mask For Hair Growth
This mask is very easy to make. As we know, protein is one essential nutrient to your hair growth. Yogurt is a great remedy for hair growth because it is rich in protein content. Additionally, yogurt is rich in lactic acid that is completely beneficial to treat damaged, dull hair and to promote hair growth as well.
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2-3 pieces of fresh onion
- First of all, peel and wash the onion with clean water.
- After that, finely chop the onion using a chopper and now collect it into one bowl.
- Then, add some yogurt in the bowl and now blend both ingredients properly. Allow it to sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes.
- Now apply this mask on your scalp and ensure to cover hair length properly.
- Keep it for 45 minutes and finally, rinse it off well with your regular shampoo.
- You should follow this treatment twice per week for hair growth and for treating damaged hair as well.
8. Beer And Onion Hair Mask
Beer contains a natural ingredient called silica that adds volume to your hair and makes them become look thicker. This means that beer promotes hair growth. The combination of onion and beer works well for hair growth. The recipe is:
- 2 to 3 onion pieces
- ½ cup of beer
- Cut one onion into smaller pieces with the help of a knife. Next, peel them off and then chop these pieces in one chopper.
- Then, add ½ cup of beer into that bowl. Mix it well and your hair mask is ready for application.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the mixture and now apply it properly onto the scalp. You can also rinse your hair strands using this mixture.
- Keep it for about 2 to 3 hour. Finally, wash off by using shampoo.
- This treatment should be applied at least once in one week for better results.
9. Olive Oil And Onion Hair Mask
Olive oil is also effective for hair growth. Olive oil is high in vitamin A, E, essential fatty acids as well as some antioxidants that promote healthy hair growth. Besides, the oil comprises of the anti-fungal property that helps fight dandruff as well as other scalp diseases. Moreover, the deep moisturizing property present in olive oil softens dry and fizzy hair.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup beer
- The first step is to chop an onion into smaller pieces. Next, blend them with a blender.
- Add the olive oil and the beer to the pulp to create a paste.
- Now, apply this paste to the hair and leave in on for around 1 to 2 hours.
- Finally, rinse well and shampoo.
- This treatment should be used about once a week.
Learn more: 16 Olive Oil Uses For Scalp Treatment
10. Onion And Castor Oil
Castor oil also promotes hair growth efficiently. Castor oil comprises of antibacterial and anti fungal qualities that make it beneficial against dandruff, follliculitis, and scalp infections. Plus, the ricinoleic acid content in it helps increase circulation to your scalp and also improves hair growth. Furthermore, the antioxidants in it support the keratin in the hair and help make it smoother, stronger, and less frizzy. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use onion juice for hair growth:
- 2 tbsp castor oil
- 2 tbsp onion juice
- Mix the castor oil and the onion juice and next massage your hair by using the mixture.
- Leave it on the scalp at least for one hour.
- Finally, wash it off with warm water.
11. Onion And Mayonnaise Hair Mask
This hair mask is effective for treating hair fall and dry hair simultaneously. Mayonnaise in this mask is rich in vitamin E that keeps the skin soft and moisturized. In addition, protein in mayonnaise is also necessary for hair. Here is the recipe:
- 2 tbsp onion juice
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Firstly, mix the onion juice and the mayonnaise together. You can also add one teaspoon of honey and some lemon juice to this hair pack.
- Now apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Finally, wash off after half an hour.
12. Rosemary Oil And Onion Juice For Hair Growth
Rosemary oil helps boost hair growth. Rosemary oil contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Also, it improves blood circulation on the scalp and strengthens hair follicles.
- Rosemary essential oil (10-15 drops)
- Onion juice
- Just add the rosemary essential oil to your onion juice and next rub it into the scalp.
- Leave for an hour or more.
- Finally, wash off by using water and a cleanser as well. The oil will decrease pungent the onion smell.
Learn more: 10 Health Advantages Of Rosemary
You can go to our main Beauty page in order to get more information related to useful tips and natural remedies for caring for your hair. Have you ever used onion juice for hair growth? How did onion juice help you? Share your thoughts with us in the comments box given below.