Although almost everyone love the light and the warmth of the sun, too high level of sun exposure can damage our skin significantly and severely. The heat of the sun can deplete the skin's natural lubricating oils supply and dry out areas of unprotected skin. Moreover, the ultraviolet (UV) radiation of the sun can lead to long-term changes in the structure of the skin and burning.
Top 28 Natural Sun Damaged Skin Treatment
Besides, some common external sun protection measures such as using sunscreen, sunglasses, wide-brimmed hats, long dress… People can also follow the diet consists of foods capable of fighting against sunscreen and are essential to protect the skin.
In this entire article, I would like to introduce some of the best fruits good for sun damaged skin treatment that people should apply:
3. Vitamin C
4. Coconut Oil
6. Castor Oil
8. Vitamin A
13. Aloe Vera Gel
14. Lemon Juice
18. Vitamin E
19. Black Tea
20. Kiwi Fruit
24. Green Tea
Using a good moisturizer helps to keep your skin well hydrated and get rid of the sun damaged skin.
The sunlight strips the natural moisture off your face, thus, you should always rehydrate it after exposing the skin to the sunlight or help it to recover from the sun damage.
- A moisturizer based on water lists water as the first ingredient and will absorb into the skin faster than moisturizers based on oil.
- Moisturizing the skin daily also aids in preventing the development of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as a dull skin.
A great sun damaged skin treatment that you should try is milk. Milk contains fat, protein, and pH that have an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on the skin. This can give you relief from various symptoms of sun damaged skin.
Besides, the cold temperature constricts your blood vessels and relieves swelling and the milk will help to reduce pain by creating a protein film.
- At first, mix 1 glass of skim milk and 4 cups of clean water. Then, add a few ice cubes to this solution.
- Now, dip a soft towel in this mixture and then apply it to your affected area for about 30 minutes.
- After that, gently pat your skin dry completely with a clean cloth.
- You should repeat this simple method every 4 hours for several days till the symptoms go away.
Another sun damaged skin treatment is vitamin C that helps to revitalize your skin. This vitamin also has the ability to combat signs of premature aging by decreasing free radicals that harm on collagen.
In addition, vitamin C is also considered as a safe agent that helps to reduce pigments. This inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase, which helps to prevent the production of melanin.
It is highly recommend using a serum containing vitamin C to aid in fading away discolorations as well as regenerating sun damaged skin.
Because coconut oil is packed with fatty acids nourishing the skin, it acts a great natural moisturizer to relieve the symptoms of a sun damaged skin.
In addition, the vitamin E found in coconut oil also acts as an antioxidant, which will aid in reducing inflammation caused by the sun damage. Coconut oil is extremely light, so it is absorbed very quickly by your skin and can give you results within several days.
- At first, add an adequate amount of extra-virgin coconut oil to a bowl.
- Then, slightly warm this oil in a microwave.
- After that, liberally rub the warm oil on the affected area and then gently massage it.
- You ought to do this way for 3 times daily for a few days to promote the healing process.
When it comes to the sun damaged skin treatment, it is very important for you to avoid applying harsh products to your skin, especially when it is tender because of sun exposure.
In addition, you should also do not use a product containing benzoyl peroxide or any type of acid on the skin, even to get rid of acne. A lot of companies make these products for a sensitive skin, so you should look for a mild product or other products for the sensitive skin to treat the sun damage.
Castor oil has been used medicinally for many centuries and is great for everything from constipation and menstrual irregularities to muscle strain. However, you should remember that you cannot take it internally and should avoid using it on the broken skin or if you are a nursing or pregnant person.
You can use a Q-tip to apply this oil to your dark spots and then spread it on the rest of the face. Now, leave it on your skin for 45 or 50 minutes and you will see the results within 4 to 6 weeks.
Castor oil will become more powerful when you use heat on it. If you are going to use this oil on your chest, arms, or hands, apply it and then put a clean towel over it and place a heating pad or a hot water bottle on this towel to heat the oil. An ideal time to do this process is at night when you are reading or watching TV.
Antioxidants are essential in all the skin care products and your daily diets to aid in the sun damaged skin treatment as well as prevention. Not only do antioxidants deliver nutrients to your skin but they also protect collagen and elastin of the skin from degenerating. According to some research, some fruits such as cherries help to stimulate the growth of new skin cells, while pomegranates will protect your skin from the ultraviolet sun rays. Other foods that are rich in selenium, vitamin E, and C have key functions in speeding up the repair systems of your skin. Have you ever heard that your nutrient-rich food may protect you from the damage of the sunlight? So you should eat a diet that is rich in antioxidants to raise sun tolerance in your skin. Besides, protect yourself with a type of antioxidant armor!
Talking about the natural sun damaged skin treatment, vitamin A is the essential. This vitamin is an antioxidant that can work both internally and externally to fight aging effects of the sunlight and the sun damaged skin. You can apply vitamin A directly to your skin by breaking a liquid capsule, pressing the contents on the damaged skin area, and then gently rubbing it.
There are also a lot of over-the-counter oils and lotions that contain vitamin A. Avocado oil is a type of oil that is naturally high in vitamins E, D, and A and is a top choice for reducing and preventing the sun damage. An excellent source of this vitamin may also be consumed naturally, in the form of oily fish, cheese, eggs, and milk.
It is very important for you to exfoliate your skin with scrubs and a loofah every night for a sun damaged skin treatment. The accumulation of dead skin cells will make your skin look uneven, blotchy, and dull, especially when it has the sun damage. The residue of self-tanning products may also collect in some typically dry areas, such as your knees and elbows, causing the skin to suffer the loss of its natural luster. Therefore, it is crucial to get rid of these dead skin cells.
For this sun damaged skin treatment, simply add 2 to 3 cups of oats to your bath and mix them together. Now, take a bath with this water to soothe your sun damaged skin. Or, you may also take 3/4 cup of baking soda and dissolve it in a warm bath. Now, take a bath to cool your skin as well as prevent it from drying out.
Another option, you can mix turmeric powder with milk at the ratio of 1:3 and then apply this mixture to your skin to fight the most visible symptoms of the sun damage. Now, let it dry completely and then rub it off in a circular motion before washing away the residue.
Not only does honey act as a great natural antibiotic but it also helps to trap the moisture in your skin well. This is essential for the sun damaged skin treatment. In addition, honey also contains an enzyme that is very helpful in repairing the damaged skin. Also, it reduces inflammation and swelling caused by the sun damage.
- Firstly, dab a thin layer of raw honey on your affected skin and let it dry naturally. When the moisture in raw honey is absorbed into your skin, it will accelerate your healing process and reduce pain. You should apply honey for 2 or 3 times daily for 1 week.
- Another option, you can eat 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 glass of warm water for 3 times per day to boost up your immune system and promote the healing process. In fact, eating honey regularly helps you to enjoy a glowing skin and good health.
Oatmeal is also very helpful in the sun damaged skin treatment. It is comprised of soothing properties that can help your skin to retain its natural moisture as well as reduce irritation caused by the sun damage.
- Firstly, fill a bathtub with cool water and then add 1 cup of oatmeal powder to it. Next, mix them thoroughly and soak yourself in this water for about 30 minutes. After taking a bath, let your body dry naturally and avoid using a towel to rub your skin. You should follow this method for 1 time daily till you can get rid of all the symptoms of the sun damage.
- Another option, cook oatmeal with an adequate amount of clean water until it forms a runny consistency. Then, let it cool down completely and apply it to your damaged skin. Remember not to rub this oatmeal on the skin. You ought to leave it on your skin for 30 minutes and then wash it off clearly with cool water. Repeat this remedy for 2 or 3 times per day when needed.
You should wear sunscreen whenever you go out in the sunlight, especially for a long time. Look for a non-comedogenic, non-greasy moisturizer with a high SPF level.
You ought to use a sunscreen with a high SPF level (30 and higher) because lower SPF levels cannot give you enough protection from ultraviolet sun rays.
In addition, remember to reapply sun block as regularly as possible, especially when you have been swimming outside or sweating. You can easily find the suggested reapplying times on the sunscreen you are using. However, many dermatologists recommend reapplying sunscreen every 30 to 40 minutes.
It is obvious that your skin type will directly affect how often you have to reapply because people with a fair skin have to reapply quite often.
Aloe vera gel is another great sun damaged skin treatment that you should not skip. This gel is comprised of excellent anti-inflammatory effects that help you to deal with various symptoms of the sun damage. In addition, its soothing properties can reduce pain related to this skin problem.
- At first, take a part of a fresh aloe vera leaf and then extract its gel.
- Next, place the gel in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Then, apply a thin layer of this chilled gel to the affected skin.
- After that, let it dry naturally so that your skin can totally absorb its medicinal effects.
- You should do this method for 5 or 6 times per day for a few days.
In case you do not take a fresh aloe vera leaf, you can buy its gel from the store or market.
Lemon juice can help to give you relief from the pigments of sun spots. Nevertheless, this method may give you slow results, so you have to have enough patience.
- Simply, apply fresh lemon juice to the sun damaged skin area or sun spots. Then, leave it on your skin for 15 minutes. Finally, rinse the juice off with cool water. You should repeat this sun damaged skin treatment for 2 to 3 times per day for at least 2 months to notice the appreciable difference.
However, if you have any redness, reduce the number of applications.
Seeking the natural sun damaged skin treatment; you can lay your belief on baking soda. Baking soda is very soothing on a sun damaged skin thanks to its alkaline nature. In addition, it also contains antiseptic effects that will help to reduce the itchy sensation related to the sun damage.
- Add cold water to your bathtub and then pour 1 cup of baking soda in it. Next, stir them well and soak yourself in the solution for about 20 minutes. After that, pat your skin dry or let your body dry naturally. Follow this method for once per day until you get the best results.
- Another option, add enough water to 4 or 5 tablespoons of baking soda to create a paste. Then, apply this paste directly to your affected skin area with a cotton pad. Now, leave it on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it thoroughly with tepid water. Repeat this remedy for 1 or 2 times a day for some days.
Raw potato can excellently help you to relieve a sun damaged skin because the natural starches present in potatoes will aid in drawing heat out of the skin.
- At first, take 2 large potatoes and then peel them off before cutting them into small pieces.
- Now, make a paste by blending these potato pieces in a blender.
- After that, apply this paste to your affected skin and allow this paste to dry naturally.
- Finally, take a cool bath or shower.
- Follow the process for once per day for a few days.
Another sun damaged skin treatment that you should give a try is apple cider vinegar. Being an excellent astringent, apple cider vinegar is very effective in soothing pain caused due to the sun damage and also promoting your healing process. Moreover, the acetic acid found in this vinegar also helps to reduce itching and inflammation.
- Firstly, pour lukewarm water in your bathtub and then add 1 cup of this vinegar to it. Next, mix them together and soak yourself in this solution for about 30 minutes. This helps to balance the pH levels of your sun damaged skin and promote your healing process. Follow this method for once per day when needed.
- Another solution, mix apple cider vinegar with cool water at the ratio of 1:1. Then, dip paper towels in this mixture and place them on your affected skin area. Now, leave them on your skin until these towels are dry completely. Repeat this method for several times per day for several days.
Note: If you have any abrasion on your skin, avoid using this vinegar.
Vitamin E will help to nourish your skin and fade away sun spots caused due to the sunlight. Apart from this, it is also useful in moisturizing your skin.
Simply, break a vitamin E capsule and then apply its contents directly to your affected skin area.
Black tea contains antioxidants that are extremely beneficial in getting rid of the irritated and sun damaged skin. This tea is also comprised of tannins that help to protect your skin from the damage of ultraviolet radiation and relieve inflammation. Moreover, it also aids in balancing the pH levels of your skin.
- At first, add 2 or 3 black tea bags to a teapot of hot water and the let them brew for a few minutes.
- Next, remove these tea bags and cool down the liquid.
- Now, soak a clean cloth in this tea and dab it on your affected area.
- After that, keep it on your skin until it is dry completely and reapply 3 or 4 times.
- You need not rinse it off.
- Follow this sun damaged skin treatment daily for several days.
This is one of the best sun damaged skin treatment home remedies that I want to reveal in this article and want my readers to know and apply.
Citrus fruits, especially orange, have a lot of vitamin C. In fact, the level of vitamin C in kiwi fruit is even higher than orange (about 127mg compared to 80mg in an orange with the same weight). This is an anti-oxidation with the protective effects of treatment for the skin damage caused by UV radiation. It can help to heal the infected skin by improving the resilience of the natural fiber cells. Kiwi is the perfect choice for dessert which can be used to cool down the body in summer.
Read more: Moles, Warts, And Skin Tags Removal to learn more ways to get smooth and healthy skin.
This bright red fruit is very rich in lycopene, the substance which was proven to be capable of protecting the skin against the damage from the sun. You should choose the freshest tomatoes to add to the daily meal plan and enjoy the great benefits that they bring to the skin.
Almond provides people with a lot of vitamin E, the anti-oxidation which can help to recover the skin after being attacked by sun damage. Just about 30 grams of almonds can provide 45% of the vitamin E demand that the body needs each day. In addition, almonds are also rich in fiber and healthy fats. Therefore, it is considered an ideal snack for outdoor picnics in summer. This is actually one of the best home remedies for sun damaged skin treatment.
Read Eat, Drink, And Shrink Recipes to learn more healthy recipes to improve your diet and heal your skin faster.
Surely you already know that there are a lot of omega-3 fatty acids contained in salmon. However, not many people know about the anti-inflammatory effects of these fatty acids. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory effect, omega-3 fatty acids can help to reduce the sensitivity of the skin to sunlight. The sunburn and skin damage with the lesions on the skin caused by the sun are likely to lead to the infections. Diets with a lot of salmon can not only prevent sun damage to the skin, but also protect the skin against the onslaught of free radicals.
Many research results have confirmed that using green tea is an effective sun damaged skin treatment to reverse the negative effects from the sun damage to the skin, and contribute to skin cancer prevention. This type of drink is capable of preventing the harmful effects of ultraviolet light – one of the factors which pinch the activity of the immune system and cause skin cancer.
The presence of flavonoids in dark chocolate has been shown to be effective in preventing skin cancer and protecting skin from being damaged by the sun because they have the ability to absorb ultraviolet rays. However, although cocoa is good for skin, people should not eat too much chocolate as they also provide plenty of sugar, leading to unintentional weight gain, and not good for the teeth. This is also considered one of the best for sun damaged skin treatment tips that people who are suffering from this problem should learn and make use of in a regular basis.
The combination of anti-oxidation and vitamin C in raspberries will help to prevent sun damage and skin cancer. This fruit contains high levels of fiber (about 8g of fiber in 120g raspberries) and tastes quite delicious, easily to be processed into many attractive snacks.
Research results from the Institute of National Health Care in the United States showed that flaxseed oil has a protective effect for the skin against the harmful effects of UV rays while also moisturizing the skin from dry irritation in hot climates of the summer.
This is the last but very important sun damaged skin treatment that I really want to list down in this entire article and want people will remember to apply whenever they face the same problem.
The high level of antioxidants brought about the abundant anti-inflammatory effects for this fruit, helping them to become one of those foods that are very beneficial for the skin in summer. Scientists from the University of Wisconsin, United States discovered that the nutrients in pomegranate can help to limit the damaging ability of the UVB and the UV rays which can cause skin cancer by stimulating an increase in the damage to the cells of the skin.
If you want to discover more treatments for various skin and hair problems, please visit to our Beauty page. This is the list of the best sun damaged skin treatment & home remedies that are useful for readers of VKool.com and other people who love their skin yet are facing the sun damaged skin problem. These home remedies are proven effective for the sun damaged skin issue of many people and they are 100% based on nature so people should not concern about it!
If you think that the sun damaged skin treatment & home remedies I introduced in this article are very effective for not only you but also for other people who want to relieve the sun damaged skin issue, you should feel free to share this list with them and do not forget to let me see your comments and feedbacks by leaving them in the form below to show me your own opinions.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 6 mineral oil benefits for skin, hair & health
- Moles, warts, and skin tags removal PDF review – is it reliable?
- Get rid of hives book review – can Paulette Joynt’s guide work?
- 20 home remedies for eczema on hands, face, and other parts
- Top 7 best benefits of vitamin E oil for face skin
- Lupus bible & norton protocol review – Julia Liu’s treatment
- Best natural moisturizers for dry skin you must know!
- Banish my bumps review – can Angela’s system work?