Dandruff is a condition among both men and women. If you have dandruff, you surely feel embarrassed when wearing one of your favorite black clothing. The white flakes will fall on your shoulders and if you wear dark clothing, it will make these white flakes more visible. A lot of people have tried using some anti-dandruff products and these products have been advertised to have the ability to remove dandruff completely. However, the white flakes come back soon and make people dismay.
Now, take a look to understand why dandruff appears on your head before finding home remedies. In fact, dandruff is known as a fungal infection, which is caused due to Malassezia fungus. The oleic acid will be produced when the fungus combines with the secretion of sebum on your scalp. The exposure to this oleic acid makes the epidermal layer of your scalp be irritated and thereby raising the appearance of flaky dead cells as dandruff. In this article, VKool.com will introduce 8 natural ways on to use baking soda for dandruff without any side effect. This writing shows you how baking soda can help to get rid of dandruff and lists the best effective remedies that use it combined with other natural ingredients to get rid of dandruff effectively from reliable sources. However, this is only for the informational purpose. You’d better not apply without the doctor’s instruction. Keep reading to find the one which is right for you!
Top 8 Natural Ways On How To Use Baking Soda For Dandruff Removal
How Does Baking Soda Help To Get Rid Of Dandruff?
This kitchen ingredient is one of the effective home remedies, which is proven to have the ability to remove dandruff. It saves more money compared with anti-dandruff products in the market. Baking soda is easily found available in several supermarkets.
- Using baking soda regularly on your hair and scalp helps a lot in clearing dandruff and giving you a clean scalp.
- Besides, baking soda contains an absorbing property which is beneficial in removing dead skin cells, dirt, and excess oil from your scalp.
Baking soda powder will remove the excess sebum from your scalp without making the hair dry.
- Baking soda works as an excellent cleaning agent to assist in protecting your scalp from oils and dead cells as well as maintaining the natural moisture of your scalp.
- In addition, baking soda has fine grain texture which works as a gently scrub agent to exfoliate the dead cells along with grime present on your scalp.
- Plus, the alkaline nature content in it helps in balancing the pH level of the scalp.
- Baking soda works as a dry shampoo to suck dirt and oil from your scalp and hair and thereby making your hair shiny and soft.
Top 8 Ways On How To Apply Baking Soda For Treating Dandruff
1. Baking Soda With Lemon Juice
The combination of baking soda and lemon juice not only helps you get rid of dandruff but also eliminate the dead skin cells, dirt, and excess oil from your scalp and hair to give you a shiny fragrant hair.
- First of all, you mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda well with enough lemon juice to get a paste.
- Next, apply this baking soda paste directly on you scalp and hair and then massage your scalp for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Let this paste stand on your scalp for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair and scalp with cool water.
- Follow this way for 2 times per week to get rid of dandruff naturally.
2. Baking Soda Mixed With Apple Cider Vinegar
Besides lemon juice, you may use apple cider vinegar to mix well with baking soda for treating dandruff.
- Simply prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda and then mix it with enough apple cider vinegar and stir well till you have a paste.
- Then you apply this mixture directly on your scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp to scrub dandruff away.
- Rinse off your hair with plain water.
- Keep repeating this process for 2 times per week to ease dandruff.
3. Baking Soda With Mint Juice
Another of top 8 ways to use baking soda for dandruff is the mixture of baking soda and mint juice. This mixture will be beneficial in removing dandruff, soothing itchy scalps as well as leaving a fresh fragrance on your hair and scalp.
- Firstly prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda and then add enough mint juice in it.
- Stir them well to make a fine paste and rub this paste on your hair and scalp.
- Let this paste stay on your head for several minutes.
- Now, massage your scalp gently to reduce the dead cells.
- Use cool water to wash off hair and repeat this method for twice weekly.
Read more: 12 Homemade mint face pack recipes
4. Baking Soda With Holy Basil
Holy basil contains excellent anti-fungal and antiseptic, which makes it become a powerful ingredient for killing fungus, soothing scalp as well as inhibiting the fungus growth on your scalp.
- Clean 1 and half a cup of fresh holy basil with water.
- Then you put them in a blender and blend well to get a smooth paste.
- Next, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to this holy basil mixture and stir well.
- Now, apply this mixture as a pack on your scalp and hair.
- Let this pack stay on your hair for a few minutes until it dries and rinse your hair with water.
Read more: 11 Health benefits of holy basil tea
5. Baking Soda Paste
This is the simplest way to use baking soda for dandruff. Baking soda has fine granules. When you use it to massage your scalp, it will make a gentle scrubbing effect to help you get rid of all the dead cells and flaky dandruff.
- You just mix baking soda well with a little rose water to get a thick paste.
- Then you apply this paste directly on your hair and scalp.
- Keep massaging your scalp gently for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remember to use cool water to wash off your hair.
Note:Avoid using a shampoo after applying this method.
6. Baking Soda With Herbal Shampoo
- At first, you take a teaspoon of this baking soda with the herbal shampoo in a bowl.
- Now, wash your hair with clean water and then apply this baking soda shampoo into your hair and scalp.
- Gently massage your hair scalp and scalp well to create lather, eliminate excess oil and dirt.
- Use cool water to wash your hair off for several times.
Keep reading this article to get more ways to us baking soda for treating dandruff!
7. Baking Soda With Beetroot Juice
Baking soda contains a gentle scrubbing effect which aids you in scrubbing dandruff away while the beetroot juice can kill fungus as well as clean and soothe your scalp. Try using baking soda combined with beetroot juice to get rid of dandruff well.
- Simply add a little water to 2 or 3 teaspoons of baking soda and stir them well until they form a paste.
- Use this paste to gently massage your scalp.
- After that, you take the juice of fresh beetroot and put it on your hair and scalp.
- Wait for a few minutes and wash your hair off with plain water.
8. Baking Soda With Ginger
Ginger contains anti-bacterial property, which helps you get rid of fungus on your scalps as well as prevents dandruff from coming back.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of baking soda and ginger juice with some drops of water.
- Stir them and apply this on your scalp and gently massage well.
- Wait for a few minutes before washing off with cool water.
Precautions And Tips
- You should use baking soda in minimal quantities and avoid leaving it on your scalp and hair for a longer time.
- After applying the method, wash off your hair well to eliminate any trace of baking soda.
- If you are use apple cider vinegar or lemon combined with baking soda, you should remember not to apply this combination on your open wounds to avoid the skin irritation.
- You may feel your hair become dry while applying baking soda. However, your hair will regain moisture over time and you will have a clean scalp with without dandruff.
- When you apply any of the above ways combining with a healthy lifestyle and good hair care, it will help you to get rid of dandruff.
To get more information about various health conditions, go to visit our main Health page. After reading the writing of 8 useful ways on how to use baking soda for dandruff removal, hope that you can learn more some simple and easy ways to use baking soda to get rid of dandruff. All these remedies are natural, effective, and safe for treating dandruff. But remember to try these remedies only after you carry out a small test, check your reaction. If you have any question, please let them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also, if you know other ways on how to use baking soda for dandruff removal, please share them with us.
Related links: Top 26 natural home remedies for dandruff in winter