Today, many fitness experts support for functional exercises. They are exercises which work multiple joints and muscles to improve endurance, strength, posture, coordination, agility and balance. The types of exercises provide your body a full workout in one single session. Below are several of the most effective and popular ones for shaping the body. Therefore, in this post, VKool.com will introduce you full body exercises at home: 13 best choice. The writing collected a list of full body exercises from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 13 full body exercises in more detail!
Full Body Exercises At Home: 13 Best Choice You Should Follow
You may easily do these full body exercises at home without any personal trainer.
This is one exercise that which will set the legs ablaze and quicken the heart rate. Certainly, jump lunges are considered as one of the most effective full body exercises. Here are detailed instructions:
- Start out in one lunge position ensuring the knees are as close as you can to the floor.
- Next jump up as high as possible and later switch legs as landing on the floor such that your leg which was in front now is at the back.
- After that repeat.
2. Push Up With Hip Extension
It is a good exercise for your arms, shoulders and chest. Also, it strengthens your glutes and core.
Here are detailed guides for you to do this exercise:
- Get on the knees and place the hands on your floor such that you are on all fours. Ensure the hands are placed wider than the shoulders.
- Kick out the right leg straight back and keep the stomach in such that you are tightening the core muscles.
- After that, with the leg still lifted, lower the chest until the elbows are at a ninety degree angle. Then, push up. You can do it 10 to 15 reps.
They are best full body exercises at home for the lower body. They also strengthen the core, your shoulders and back as well. We can also do squats at anytime and anywhere. Here are detailed directions:
- With the feet apart, pull the shoulders back.
- Then, push the butt and hips back like you were sitting on one chair.
- Holding your weight on the heels and lower yourself till the thighs are spreading parallel to your floor.
- Now return to your starting position. Ensure to squeeze the butt and push the knees outwards like you do so.
4. Knee Lift With The Lateral Raise
In general, this is also one of the best full body exercises which helps strengthen the core, improves the balance and tones the shoulders as well. Here are step by step instructions:
- Stand straight, arms on the sides, with one 5lb weight in each your hand.
- Lift the knee up to your hip level. Lift the hands such that you create a T at your shoulders.
- Hold for about two seconds while you hold your stomach in.
- Come back to the first position.
- Do around ten to fifteen reps for each leg.
Learn more: 12 Strengthening Exercises Knees
Burpees are also some of the greatest full body exercises at home. Here are detailed directions to do this exercise:
- From an upright position, you squat with the hands on your floor in front of you.
- Then, kick back the feet and assume your push up position. After that, lower the body till your chest touches the floor.
- Thereafter, jump and come back into your squat position as quick possible (frog jump). After that, jump squat.
6. Dynamic Prone Planks
This dynamic prone plank is also some of the best full body exercises that tones, strengthens, along with stretches almost every muscle in our body. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- Get on your toes and hands while you face the floor.
- Keep the head back with the legs straight and the hands at a ninety degree angle to your floor.
- Lift the butt to the ceiling while you hold your stomach in.
- Get back to the starting position.
- Then, bend the elbows and lower the legs and torso to your floor.
- While holding the lower body lying on your floor, use the arms to push up the head and chest.
- Return to the first position once more.
- You should repeat around 5 to 10 times.
7. Pull Up
This is also some of the best full body exercises. They strengthen the arms, shoulders, back as well as the core. Here are detailed directions to do this exercise:
- You will need one pull up bar. Then, hang from this bar with the palms facing away from you. Hold the shoulders back along with chest up.
- Keep the feet crossed and squeeze the glutes.
- After that, pull yourself upwards till the chin rests above that pull up bar.
- Thereafter lower the body slowly back to the first position.
8. Kettlebell Swings
This is also one of the best full body exercises. Here are easy step to do it:
- With the feet apart (hold them at shoulder width), you grab one kettlebell with both your hands in front of you.
- Then, push back the hips and bend the knees such that your hands fall between the legs.
- Extend the knees and drive the hips forward. Swing this kettlebell to your front at the same time.
- You had better swing this kettlebell to eyelevel. Ensure to control this as this descends.
- Keep the core tight throughout this exercise.
9. Step Ups
Step ups are also some of the best full body exercises at home. This will strengthen the core muscles and legs, build endurance. How to do this exercise? Here are detailed guides:
- Stand in front of an elevated surface or a box, pulling the shoulders back and holding the abs tight.
- Set the left leg onto that box, and next step to top of that box, making sure the feet are flat.
- After that, step back down with your same leg, and repeat with the right leg.
10. Push Ups
Push ups work your back, chest, arms, butt, core, and even leg muscles. You can do this exercise anywhere. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- Start in one plank position, with the shoulders directly over the hands.
- Tighten your abs, thighs and glutes, then reduce yourself down so that the chest touches the floor while holding the elbows as close to the body as possible.
- Then, push yourself back up into the first position and repeat.
Here are detailed instructions for you to follow:
- Stand in between one set of parallel bars.
- Then, grab the bars, straighten the arms, and next hoist yourself up off your ground while slightly crossing the legs.
- While pulling the shoulders back and holding your chest up, reduce yourself down so that the elbows are parallel to your floor.
- Lift yourself back up to the first position so that the arms are straight.
Handstands are some of the best full body exercises. They help you build one strong upper body as well as core, increase the balancing abilities, help in bone health. In fact, doing handstands daily can even help us feel less stressed out. Here are step by step directions to do them:
- Start with the hands on one floor in an area where there is nothing around you in order to bump into
- Tuck or jump or up with control and keep the handstand.
- Reduce yourself down with control.
13. Box Jumps
Here are step by step instructions to do this exercise:
- Stand in front of sturdy raised surface or a box.
- Jump up onto that box, landing with both of the feet on top, and then straighten the legs.
- After that, jump back down from that box, next immediately jump back up and now do this all over again.
If you want to know more about effective and simple exercises for health problems, go to our main Home Fitness page. After reading the article of 13 best full body exercises at home, hope that this post will help you learn more some effective full body exercises. You can follow these effective and simple full body exercises. If you have any question, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other full body exercises to us.