For anyone seeking to lose weight, there’re 2 sides of the coin. First, you decrease how much you take and then you burn what’s stubbornly stored as fat. Not surprisingly, a low carbohydrate and high protein diet helps you gain exactly these goals with no making a lot of changes to your lifestyle. A high protein diet commonly comprises generous servings of poultry, eggs, meat, fish, shrimp, tofu, green leafy vegetables, low-fat cheese, beans, celery, nuts, yogurt and more. What the diet doesn’t allow is beverages and sweetened food items as well. In this article, VKool.com will show you high protein low carb recipes: 8 easy and healthy dishes. The writing collected a list of high protein low carb recipes from reliable sources. Here are the 10 amazing high protein low carb recipes for you. Cook them now!
High Protein Low Carb Recipes: 8 Easy And Healthy Dishes You Should Make Now
1. Egg White Frittata
This is one of the easiest high protein low carb recipes to make. Egg white frittata provides you more than twenty gm of protein. Here are easy steps for you to make it:
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ chopped onion
- Black pepper
- One chopped green pepper
- 2 spoons olive oil
- One chopped red pepper
How to prepare:
- When you preheat the oven, you add olive oil to one medium skillet on the low heat.
- Sauté onions and peppers for 7 minutes till tender, and then sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- After that, pour egg whites into this mixture and cook for 3 minutes. Sprinkle feta and spinach on top.
- Hold uncovered skillet in oven. Allow it to bake for around 10 minutes.
- Loosen these frittata edges and invert onto one plate using a rubber spatula. Serve it now.
2. Low-Carb Casserole
Moderate low carbs and protein is the great path to weight loss, good and maintenance health. This is also one of the healthy high protein low cart recipes as it provides you at least thirty five gm of protein for just 500 calories and 6gm of carbs in a single serving. To make it, here are detailed directions:
- 1lb breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 11 eggs
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 spoon hot sauce
- ¾ lb bacon
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook bacon and sausage in a preheated oven, in a greased pan to an expected consistency. Then, crumble them into one inch pieces.
- Steam cauliflower till it is tender for around 5-8 minutes. After that, sauté onions, peppers, and other vegetables in the skillet.
- Stir these vegetables together with bacon, seasonings, and sausage.
- After spreading the mixture in that pan, you pour beat up eggs in the hot sauce.
- Top this up with cheese. After that, bake the casserole till the cheese has melted.
3. Yogurt Cantaloupe Bowl
Greek yogurt is a powerful source of protein and the yogurt cantaloupe bowl contains less than 150 calories for twenty gm of protein. Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 spoon fresh blueberries
- Half cantaloupe
- 1 spoon raw pepita seeds
- 1 spoon fresh raspberries
How to prepare:
- Take 1/2 cantaloupe and next scoop out all the seeds from its center. After that, fill the space with this non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Add raspberries and strawberries to the top of this yogurt and then, sprinkle the pepita seeds around them.
- Now pick up one spoon and scoop bites out of this peel.
4. Lemon Dill Chicken
This is also one of the easiest high protein low carb recipes. In order to make it, what you need to do:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 spoons of divided extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- Fresh chopped dill
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Using season chicken breasts, salt and pepper on either side. Cook this chicken in 1 ½ teaspoon of oil in one large skillet for three minutes until browned.
- Then, place chicken on one plate and enclose in one foil.
- After that, add remaining oil to the pan, reduce heat and cool onion and garlic while stirring for one minute. Add one tablespoon dill, flour, garlic and broth to the pan.
- Cook for three minutes till the mixture thickens.
- Afterwards, return chicken to that pan and let it simmer for five minutes till chicken is cooked through.
- Now place chicken on the other platter. Garnish sauce with pepper, salt, and then spoon it over this chicken.
5. Tofu Scramble
Looking for the easy high protein low carb recipes, you should choose this recipe. It is easy to make.
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 blocks firm tofu
- 2 spoons grape seed oil
- One chopped green bell pepper
- One chopped red bell pepper
- Freshly ground pepper, salt
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 5 warmed whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- Sliced scallions
- Chopped avocado
- Grated cheddar
- Line a plate with some paper towels and next place tofu. Smash this tofu with a potato masher.
- Then, over medium heat, add onions and peppers into heated oil in one large skillet.
- Cook till softened. Add coriander and cumin, stir until fragrant.
- Thereafter add tofu, turmeric and beans while stirring constantly. Cook for three minutes till heated through, and then season with pepper and salt.
- Serve these scrambled tortillas with garnishing.
6. Grilled Salmon
As you now, salmon is a powerful source of healthy fats and multiple proteins with very small amount of calories. Here are step by step instructions to make it at home:
- 4 fillets wild salmon
- ¼ sake
- ¼ cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ mirrin
- Chopped scallions
- Fresh chopped ginger
- Thinly sliced lemon
How to make:
- Soak one grilling plank for four hours in water.
- Meanwhile, you take one saucepan and boil scallions, mirin, sake, ginger, soy sauce, and sugar. Let cool.
- In one shallow dish, you pour marinade over the salmon. Place lemon slices on the top, allow it to marinate in your refrigerator for half an hour.
- Then, place soaked plank over the direct heat of the preheated grill.
- Now, place salmon on the hot plank, and lemon slices on top. Finally, close lid and cook till 15 minutes.
Learn more: 12 Simple Salmon Dishes For People At All Ages!
7. Protein Pancakes
This is also regarded among one of the healthy high protein low carb recipes. Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
- 4 egg whites
- Half cup rolled oats
- ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- Little baking powder
- Pure vanilla extract
- Mix the cottage cheese, vanilla extract, egg whites, oats, and baking powder.
- On one preheated griddle, cook this mixture on one medium-low heat.
- Allow it to cook till the mix bubbles.
- Flip this pancake, and then cook for another minute.
- Now, serve these pancakes topped with fresh berries or a sliced banana.
8. Tuna Panini
A tuna sandwich is very low in carbohydrates and calories. Here are detailed directions to make this recipe:
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 cans drained light tuna
- 2 spoons minced red onion
- Little crumbled feta cheese
- 2 spoons chopped, marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 spoon chopped olives
- Chopped capers
- Lemon juice
- Canola oil
- Bread slices
- Flake tuna into one medium bowl. Add tomato, feta, olives, onion, artichokes, lemon juice, pepper, and capers. Mix them well.
- Use this tuna mixture in order to spread over four slices of bread.
- Then, heat canola oil in one non-stick skillet. Afterwards, place 2 Panini in pan a long with medium skillet on its top. Now, cook till golden on a side and later flip Panini.
9. Cottage Cheese Fruit Bowl
Seeking the easy high protein low carb recipes, this recipe is one of the top choices for you. Here are detailed directions to prepare it:
- 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- Dried cranberries
- Slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup canned peaches
How to prepare:
- In a bowl, mix nuts, dried cranberries, cheese, and peaches.
- Then, serve with a spoon.
10. Protein Milkshake
Here are step by step directions to make this recipe:
- Low-fat milk
- Low-fat yogurt
- Chopped banana
- Peanut butter
- Frozen berries
- Protein powder
- Pour milk into one blender and add 1/2 cup of yogurt.
- Add frozen berries (a cup) of mixed varieties such as blueberries and strawberries.
- Add half chopped banana and next blend.
- With such recipes, you may surely shed those calories.
Learn more: 14 Delicious Milkshake Recipes For Weight Loss
Related articles on high protein foods:
If you want to know more about healthy foods and recipes, go to our main Home Food & Recipes page. After reading the article of high protein low carb recipes: 10 easy and healthy dishes, hope you learn more some healthy high protein low carb diet recipes. If you have any question, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other high protein low carb recipes to us.