Goiter is one of the common types of thyroid gland and it is an enlargement of thyroid gland. This problem has some featured symptoms such as difficult breathing, difficulty swallowing, coughing, hoarseness, swelling in neck, and tight feeling in throat. In this informative article, VKool.com will show you top 8 natural home remedies for goiter pain and you will get several amazing tips for healing the problem. It is for informational purpose only, then you need to see the doctor if the problem is severe.
Top 8 Natural Home Remedies For Goiter Pain: Amazing Treatments For You
A goiter can be caused by different reasons including excessive thyroid hormones, hypothyroidism, inadequate thyroid hormone levels, etc. Here are top 8 natural home remedies for goiter you might want to discover:
Now are you ready to get them right now?
Flaxseed is one of the most powerful home remedies for goiter because it has a lot of antioxidants and nutrients. This ingredient also includes anti-inflammatory property that can reduce swelling as well as reduce inflammation in your neck. Here is the way to use flaxseed for goiter:
- Mix some water with 2 tablespoons of flaxseed powder as a great paste.
- Apply the paste on the throat for 20-25 minutes before you wash off with water.
- Make sure to use a soft cloth to pat it dry.
- Alternatively, you can boil flaxseed in water and wash your throat and neck every day to reduce swelling.
Learn more: Book On Hypothyroidism
Another useful herb for goiter is dandelion, which can decrease swelling in neck and throat. Home remedies for goiter is very simple because you can find out ingredients easily, like dandelion leaves. Now you need to prepare some tablespoons of ghee and dandelion leaves.
- Firstly, you crush dandelion leaves, add some water if needed.
- Mix dandelion leaves with ghee.
- Heat the mixture and make sure that that heat is not too high.
- Now you apply lukewarm paste in neck region to eliminate swelling, leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- You can do this method every day in 2 weeks.
Sorrel leaves or spinach dock is usually used in making sauces, salads, or soups but we might not know that sorrel leaves can treat goiter very well. Now you need to have some tablespoons of olive oil and sorrel leaves. The method is:
- Crush sorrel leaves.
- Add olive oil and mix them well.
- Apply the mixture on the neck for 15-20 minutes before washing off with water.
Kanchanara or kachnar is commonly used in India to heal some thyroid problems. People use this herb to cure some disease such as diarrhea, sore throat, sinusitis, or skin ulcers. With goiter, you should follow this instruction:
- At first, you have to prepare ginger powder, water, vessel, and some kanchanara bark powder.
- Put kanchanara powder in the vessel.
- Add water and boil the mixture for 40 minutes.
- Stir it frequently while you boil it.
- Strain and put some teaspoon of ginger and have it in every morning before breakfast.
- You can do this method in evening and get it before meal is the best way.
Garlic is well-known in reducing swelling in neck and this ingredient is great in antioxidants that can improve functions of body cell. Garlic is a common spicy in your house and you can eat garlic every day to improve health as well as cure goiter conveniently.
- You can chew garlic in every morning.
- To make salsa, you can mix garlic with olive oil, onion, and tomatoes. Taste it!
- To make a salad dressing, you can mix garlic with parsley and lemon juice. Drink it immediately.
- You also can sprinkle garlic on toasted butter.
- You might mash avocados and put garlic on it, take with a delicious sauce.
- Alternatively, mash potatoes and add garlic to taste.
- Another option is to drink lemon juice, honey and some garlic.
Read more: Health Advantages Of Garlic
Selenium deficiency is a reason of goiter and you can eliminate the condition by adding more selenium rich foods in your meals. Simply, you make healthy recipes with some foods such as onions, oats, brown rice, barley, mushrooms, eggs, turkey, meat of pork, lamb, beef, salmon, flounder, sardines, halibut, tuna, sunflower seeds, liver, Brazil nuts, kidney, crab, shellfishes like scallops, clams, shrimp, mussels, oysters, and so on. Are you seeking natural home remedies for goiter? Keep reading and you will get another way for healing the issue. There are a lot of other natural home remedies for goiter pain presented in this writing, so keep reading to learn more!
One of the most primary causes of goiter is iodine deficiency. Your diet should adapt enough iodine and it is not difficult to do this task. There are many foods that you eat every day are full of iodine and you will prevent goiter if eating them more often. They are kelp, cranberries, plain yogurt, eggs, tuna, navy beans, turkey, shrimp, milk, baked potato, cod, kale, cabbage, seafood, and iodized salt.
Probably almost of us know the benefits of green tea in health improvement. This drink is very powerful in boosting energy, improving functions of thyroid gland, and healing goiter permanently. This drink is good in fluoride and antioxidants that can reduce free radicals. It is very simple that you can drink some cups of green tea each day. You also can add some honey in the drink if you like. Just put green tea leaves in hot water, steep and strain it, you will have a good drink for health.
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 8 natural home remedies for goiter pain, I hope that you have got some amazing treatments for the problem at home. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Related articles on throat: