Keratosis Pilaris (abbreviated KP) is a common skin condition that can occur in everyone at any age. However, it happens to women more than men, especially when they get child birth, pregnancy, or puberty. This disease contains small bumps, rough patches on buttocks, legs, thighs, cheeks, and upper arms like acne. The bumps sometimes look like inflamed or red. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 natural home remedies for keratosis pilaris on face, arms, and other parts of the body. This writing is for informational purpose only, so you need to see the doctor if the condition is more serious.
8 Natural Home Remedies For Keratosis Pilaris On Face And Arms
Some normal signs of keratosis pilaris are red or white bumps on cheeks, buttocks, legs, upper arms. You also feel itchy, rough, and dry on skin, especially, your skin will be drier and worse whenever winter comes. Here are top 8 natural home remedies for keratosis pilaris for you:
If you want to exfoliate your skin, you should use baking soda because it will get rid of dead skin cells and cleanse your skin very effectively. Now you should follow the instructions as below:
- Add some baking soda in water.
- Mix well as a paste and apply on affected area.
- Leave it for some minutes before washing off with water.
- You can do this method every day to eliminate keratosis pilaris.
- You also can use water and salt to exfoliate your skin. It has the similar advantage to your skin.
Read more: Book On Bump Treatment
One of the best home remedies for keratosis pilaris on face, arms, or any part of the body is vitamin A capsule. You can do like this:
- Break some vitamin A capsules.
- Get its oil and rub it on your skin.
- Massage your skin for some minutes and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy every day to remove the condition.
- You can eat some vitamin A rich foods such as tomatoes, strawberries, grapes, papaya, carrots, etc.
Coconut oil is great in fatty acids and it will moisturize your skin deeply. Moreover, this ingredient includes anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe inflammation, reduce redness, and moisturize your skin well. Here are some useful ways for healing keratosis pilaris with coconut oil:
- Method 1:
- Get equal amount of brown sugar and white sugar.
- Mix those sugars in coconut oil.
- Add some honey or vanilla extract.
- Apply the mixture on your face for some minutes before rinsing off with fresh water.
- You can repeat this remedy every day.
- Method 2:
- Get the equal amount of coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend the mixture and add some honey.
- Apply it on your affected skin.
- Do it every day to reduce symptoms of keratosis pilaris.
- You also can rub coconut oil on infected region before taking a bath.
In order to decrease dryness and redness of skin, you totally might take advantage of yogurt. Simply, you do the following instruction:
- Get some tablespoons of plain yogurt and apply it on keratosis pilatis for 15 minutes before taking a shower.
- You can take a bath with lukewarm water of cold water.
- Dry your skin with soft towel and do this remedy regularly until you get ease with the condition.
Apple cider vinegar is also one of the most effective home remedies for keratosis pilaris. These are some natural ways to use it for keratoris pilaris problem:
- Method 1:
- Get some raw apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Use a cotton ball and dip it in the liquid, apply it on the affected region.
- You also can add apple cider vinegar on bath water to reduce keratosis pilaris symptoms.
- Do this way daily to get the best result.
- Method 2:
- Dilute a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in water.
- When your take a bath, wash your arms or face on the liquid.
- Next, mix some grape seed oil or coconut oil with ½ cup of sugar.
- Stir it well and apply on the affected skin.
- Rinse your face and arms with fresh water.
Oatmeal is a nutritional food and it is very healthy for you and yours. Do you know that oatmeal has another function is to treat keratosis pilaris very well? Specifically, you follow the detailed instruction:
- Mix oat powder with lukewarm water.
- Stir the mixture and soak the affected skin in that water for 15 minutes.
- Pat it dry and take a shower.
- You can do this method 3 times per week to relieve symptoms of keratosis pilaris.
Sour cream includes lactic acid that can get rid of keratin building as well as clear up keratosis pilaris at home. It will bring better effect if you mix it with sugar, and the solution is:
- Mix some tablespoons of sour cream and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Stir the mixture well and apply it on face, arms, or other regions of your body.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
Cold water fishes are high in omega-3 fatty acids that can heal keratosis pilaris faster. In addition, they also help you improve health and supply vital vitamins as well as natural fatty acids for your body. Therefore, you should add more cold water fishes such as mackerel, tuna, salmon, etc, in your diet. You also can take some fish oil supplements every day before asking your doctor.
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 8 natural home remedies for keratosis pilaris, I hope that you have learned some useful ways to get rid of skin condition on face, arms, and other parts of the body effectively and naturally at home. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Related articles on skin conditions:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 10 natural home remedies for healthy hair
- No more dry scalp ebook review – is Mia’s guidebook useful?
- 16 Best tips on how to use tea tree oil for acne treatment
- How to make your hands look younger naturally: 7 powerful tips
- How to control anxiety attacks naturally without medicine
- 11 Tips On How To Use Yogurt For Yeast Infection In Women
- How to treat glaucoma eye disease naturally
- 8 Natural home remedies for hyperthyroidism disease