Foot and hand excessive sweating is an embarrassing condition. In reality, there are different anti-sweat and anti-odor commercial products for your skin, but they may toxic your body for a long use. Fortunately, you can make use of all-natural treatments. Below are top home remedies for sweaty feet and hands. Check them out and learn to stop your condition with ease!
10 Home Remedies For Sweaty Feet And Hands That Really Work
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a well-known beauty ingredient. When it comes to home remedies for sweaty feet and hands, baking soda is also very beneficial. Baking soda is a common name of sodium bicarbonate. This is an effective ingredient to relieve body odor. It works by neutralizing the pH level of sweat and thereby reducing bacteria for odor.
- First, add baking soda warm water (with the ratio 1:4)
- Then soak the feet or hands in it for at least 15 to 20 minutes every night before you go to sleep
- Do it for about a week and notice the result
Alternatively, you can sprinkle baking soda in your socks and shoes before you wear them.
2. Lavender Oil
Next to home remedies for sweaty feet and hands, consider lavender oil. This essential oil not only smells sweet but also contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. Hence, it is very useful for eliminating factors causing your foot odor and your excessive sweating.
- First, take several drops of lavender oil and pour them into warm water
- Next, soak your hands or your feet for at least 15 – 20 minutes
- Do it twice a day for about a week and notice the improvement
Read on: Sweat Miracle
If alum is available in your grocery, consider this simple yet effective remedy for sweaty feet. Alum powder contains antiseptic and astringent properties so that it helps improve your excessive sweating in your hands, feet and inhabit the growth of bacteria in these areas.
- First, mix 1 tsp of alum powder in 1 cup water
- Next, wash your hands or fit with the mixture
- Soak and leave it on for at least 15 – 20 minutes
- Then, dry the feet or hands thoroughly
- Finally, sprinkle some alum powder
- Repeat it at least one a day and notice the result
4. Epsom Salt
Next to home remedies for sweaty feet and hands, try Epsom salt! The salt can also help inhibit your excessive sweating, plus minimize your odor coming from your skin since it neutralizes the odor and fights off microbial infection. A detoxifying bath for feet with Epsom salt can also be soothing for your tiring and aching feet.
- First, mix 2 tsps of Epsom salt in ½ bucket of hot-warm water
- Next, soak your hands or feet in the mixture for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- For the better results, repeat it before you go to bed so that you won’t have to wear socks for a few hours.
5. Black Tea
Do you often drink black tea? In fact, black tea is not only to drink; it is also very beneficial to treat sweaty feet and hands.
Black tea contains tannic acid, which helps in killing the bacteria producing body odor. Also, it aids in closing pores on the feet for reducing amounts of excessive sweat on which bacteria feed.
- First, boil 2 bags of black tea in 3 cups of boiling water
- Then, add ½ bucket of water to reduce the temperature of the liquid
- Use the tea to soak your hands or feet for at least 15 – 20 minutes
- Do it regularly for a week and notice the result
Continue to the list of home remedies for sweaty feet, this is vinegar. It is very beneficial in relieving smelly feet and controlling your excessive sweating, especially in feet and hands. Vinegar works by creating an acidic environment, in which many bacteria can’t survive. It is recommended using any type of vinegar to treat your sweaty feet and hands, especially apple cider vinegar.
- First, prepare 1 ½ cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar and 6 to 8 cups of boiling water
- Mix them well and soak your hands or feet in it for at least 10 to 15 minutes
- Then wash off thoroughly with your soap for removing vinegar smell
Borax is actually a disinfectant, which can work to close your skin pores and inhibit odor-causing bacteria. Here are detailed instructions to make use of this home remedy!
- First, mix 1/2 cup of borax with ½ cup of vinegar in 2 cups of cool water
- Next, spray into the inside of the shoes
In alternative way, dust the inside of the shoes with some borax powder before you put on the shoes
8. Sugar Scrub
Homemade sugar scrub is very useful for removing calluses and dead skin. When it comes to home remedies for sweaty feet and hands, this also works to tighten your skin pores and eliminate odor, even your smelly feet. Additionally, a regular use of sugar scrub can help clean your legs from forming calluses.
Here are directions to make this powerful sugar scrub!
- First, mix sugar, isopropyl alcohol (91%) and water well together
- Next, use more sugar amount than water to form a thick paste (For isopropyl alcohol, just use a part of it with 5 part of cool water)
- Scrub the feet with the paste for at least 5 to 10 minutes for removing your dead skin cells, tightening your skin pores and inhibiting bacteria
- Then wash your feet
- Do it twice or three times a week
Note that to get the best results, soak the feet in hot-warm water before applying the sugar scrub.
Beside vinegar or sugar scrub, consider sage leaves among home remedies for sweaty feet. Sage leaves have tannic acid, which helps in reducing sweat contributing to foot odor. Also, this herb has antifungal and antibacterial properties so that it can help prevent skin infections very effectively.
- First, take some dried ground sage
- Then, put it inside the socks and shoes
This helps absorb foot odor and leave your feet a nice fresh scent
In alternative way, you can:
- Take a handful of sage leaves, bring it to a boil with water
- Then, let it warm and use the sage leaves to soak the feet for at least 15 minutes
Alternatively, you can also make saga tea and drink a cup of the tea before you go to sleep. This can help the same to relieve your foot odor as well as to inhabit your excessive sweating in hands and feet.
10. Ginger Root
Last but not least among home remedies for sweaty feet, try ginger root.
Ginger is an effective solution to foot odor that is linked to sweaty feet. This herb can work as it has anti-bacterial for inhibiting bacterial growth and removing toxins from your skin.
- First, make a ginger puree from a medium ginger root
- Next, steep this puree in a glass of hot water for about 10 – 15 minutes
- Then, use your coffee filter to strain the liquid
- Use the liquid to massage the feet every night before go to bed
- Repeat it once a day for about 2 weeks and see the result
You can easily eliminate or control your excessive foot sweating with these 10 home remedies. Try different ways until you find one that works for you. Consult a podiatrist or your doctor, if you try these methods above and still do not see any relief. He or she can give you good suggestions and advice to treat your sweaty feet and related foot problems. Remember that as your feet sweat excessively, they can result in different problems such as bad foot odor, skin redness, skin itchiness and burning sensations if untreated properly.
For any comment on the entire article of home remedies for sweaty feet and hands, please show it at the end of the post. Share it with others if you really like it. Thanks for reading and see you in the coming articles.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 7 Ways How To Use Vitamin E For Wrinkles On Face
- Top 8 benefits of folic acid for men on health are revealed
- 14 best plank exercises for abs – score sexy abs easily
- How to get rid of forehead lines naturally at home
- 21 home remedies for sore muscles in neck, shoulders, back & legs
- How to treat toothache pain naturally – 7 tips
- 11 healthy fruit smoothie recipes with yogurt for summer
- Skintervention guide review – will Liz’s program work?